P60 Dropin

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
antib
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 4 months ago
Joined: 11/15/2010 - 16:20
Posts: 31
Location: Hungary
P60 Dropin

Hi all!

 

I have a couple P60 dropins, but all of them have some problem.They are from DX, KAI, Solarforce......give's not enough amperage, the mode memory is tricky etc.

I figured i'm buliding a pair P60 my self.  From XR-E R2, and XP-G R5.
I have upgraded some of my P60. I swap the driver on DX sku:11836 for an AMC7135 1050mA sku: 1885.

(I prefered the 1 mode drivers, becouse i most use my FL for hunting, stalking etc. Or directly on a gun, with remote pressure switch)

Help me chose a driver that are:
- 4V-18V (8,4V) /minimum for one 18650 sometimes 2/
- gives 1.2A or 1.4A
- 1 mode
- 16-17mm

I have see on DX the sku:26110 but i have no experiences with this driver.
I read that can gives 1.4-1.5A when i add a 1 ohm resistor in parallel with the 0.2 ohm resistor. For that reason figured that will good for R5.

For an 1 mode R5 dropin (with 1x18650) will be good the AMC7135 1400mA? That i have from KAI.

Were can i buy R2 emitter on 16mm star board? (I know, i pull out from an sku: 11836)

Which R5 are better, DX or KAI? (which have cooler tint)

Thank you for your answers, advice, and sorry for the bad english!

SPAMBOT
SPAMBOT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/16/2010 - 18:40
Posts: 484
Location: Old World

antib wrote:
I have see on DX the sku:26110 but i have no experiences with this driver.
I read that can gives 1.4-1.5A when i add a 1 ohm resistor in parallel with the 0.2 ohm resistor. For that reason figured that will good for R5.

Used AX2002 chip last time I bought one. Very efficient, can output up to 2A without extra cooling and 3A with cooling. Output is calculated based on the formula 0.25/Rs=Iout. 0.2 ohm in parallel with 1 ohm gives 0.167 ohm for Rs, so 0.25/0.167=1.50A output. Works best on 6V or higher supply voltage.

antib wrote:
For an 1 mode R5 dropin (with 1x18650) will be good the AMC7135 1400mA? That i have from KAI.

Yes it is a good regulator to use, also very efficient when the voltage overhead (source voltage over Vf) is small. Just make sure to not feed it more than 5-ish volts, or one li-ion cell.

antib wrote:
Which R5 are better, DX or KAI? (which have cooler tint)

Thank you for your answers, advice, and sorry for the bad english!

There is no way to know in advance what tint bin you're going to get when ordering from DX or KD, and your english is fine : )

Now with 100% all natural asbestos!

antib
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 4 months ago
Joined: 11/15/2010 - 16:20
Posts: 31
Location: Hungary

Thanks Spambot!