China Post tracking only available in Chinese?

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
Dimlux
Dimlux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 10/27/2011 - 19:34
Posts: 214
China Post tracking only available in Chinese?

I just checked an order using the China Post international mail tracking system. Instead of getting the status in English it appeared in Chinese:

出口总包直封封发

Trying to run that through Google translate didn't make much sense as it translated to "The total export package straight seal sealing". Silly

Any idea where I could get the status of my order in English? (I tried track trace but apparently it doesn't work anymore with the China Post website due to the verification code required.)

Pulsar13
Pulsar13's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/05/2012 - 10:23
Posts: 1909
Location: Malaysia

Same here for my BIC shipment. Not sure what that means for real, though through experience I believe that means they're waiting to fill up a certain quota to that destination before sealing and ship out. 

You will see that the location will state a XXX International (e.g Beijing, Guangzhou or something)

This can take a while... Laughing so time to relax, sit down and sip that coffee. Or tea, whichever it is. At least we know it's coming.

GottaZoom
GottaZoom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 04/12/2012 - 03:14
Posts: 2179

Dimlux wrote:

I just checked an order using the China Post international mail tracking system. Instead of getting the status in English it appeared in Chinese:

出口总包直封封发

Trying to run that through Google translate didn't make much sense as it translated to "The total export package straight seal sealing". Silly

Any idea where I could get the status of my order in English? (I tried track trace but apparently it doesn't work anymore with the China Post website due to the verification code required.)

Best as I can guess, essentially your package is in the first step of transitioning to US mail service.  Mine came up on USPS tracker fairly soon after reaching the seal opening step.  I figured this out using 17track.net and have not looked back since.

See my experience so you know what to look for.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/9477

I'm hoping mine will arrive in the next couple days now that it has finally reached what 1st and 2nd coasties call the 3rd coast and most of the central US -- flyover territory.

 

PS - the China post site has item and status tracking . . item shows more of the history than status.

vanessanie
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/21/2017 - 05:30
Posts: 12

If you track on this China Post tracking site, you will also see “出口总包互封开拆”.
This actually means that there is an exchange taking place from the domestic port to the international port.
For example Shenzhen > Guangzhou.Usually the smaller postal players will handle the domestic transport and then it reaches the international port where it will finally leave the country towards your country.
When this interchange takes place, you will see the next tracking update as 出口总包直封封发 which simply means that it is onwards to the next destination.

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 17 sec ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 2192
Location: Sweden

use this instead much better and can translate.

http://www.17track.net/en

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Jack Kellar
Jack Kellar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2014 - 14:21
Posts: 1775
Location: Throwing bolts at anomalies

mortuus wrote:
use this instead much better and can translate.

http://www.17track.net/en


This. 17TRACK is my go-to site/app for when I wanna track anything that hasn’t arrived in my national mail system, and the translation is a big part of why.

vwpieces
vwpieces's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 07/17/2016 - 19:49
Posts: 2165
Location: PA, USA
vanessanie wrote:
If you track on this China Post tracking site, you will also see “出口总包互封开拆”. This actually means that there is an exchange taking place from the domestic port to the international port. For example Shenzhen > Guangzhou.Usually the smaller postal players will handle the domestic transport and then it reaches the international port where it will finally leave the country towards your country. When this interchange takes place, you will see the next tracking update as 出口总包直封封发 which simply means that it is onwards to the next destination.

Why would you post to a 5 year old thread? Promote the site you link?
Your 5 post count all do the same, with same site links.