Review request for HKJ [Chargers]

364 posts / 0 new
Last post
specialk
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 12/05/2016 - 00:44
Posts: 182
Location: Canada Vancouver Island
HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7426
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
specialk wrote:
Could you review this please? https://www.illumn.com/folomov-a1-magnetic-charger-with-output-feature.html

Folomov has talked about sending me one, this makes it very likely I will review it.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 3458
Location: USA
HKJ wrote:
specialk wrote:
Could you review this please? https://www.illumn.com/folomov-a1-magnetic-charger-with-output-feature.html

Folomov has talked about sending me one, this makes it very likely I will review it.


Have they sent you the A4 already?
HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7426
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Pete7874 wrote:
HKJ wrote:
specialk wrote:
Could you review this please? https://www.illumn.com/folomov-a1-magnetic-charger-with-output-feature.html

Folomov has talked about sending me one, this makes it very likely I will review it.


Have they sent you the A4 already?

Yes, I am testing on it at the current time.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 3458
Location: USA
HKJ wrote:
Pete7874 wrote:
Have they sent you the A4 already?

Yes, I am testing on it at the current time.


Great! I’m loking forward to reading your review on this one as well as the Nitecore SC4.

I know MiBoxer was also going to send you their new C4-12 that can charge at 4× 3A, but I don’t know if they’ve released it yet.

ferongr
ferongr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 4 days ago
Joined: 04/11/2015 - 07:15
Posts: 144
Location: Athens

Not a review request but a question about the review process, If you hear some high frequency whine from a charger’s power supply will you note it in the review? The power supply of my Xtar VP1 makes such a whine and I have to use a different one. I’m also eyeing the Nitecore SC4 but there have been reports of its internal power supply whining too. Hopefully you mention that in the review if you notice it.

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7426
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
ferongr wrote:
Not a review request but a question about the review process, If you hear some high frequency whine from a charger’s power supply will you note it in the review? The power supply of my Xtar VP1 makes such a whine and I have to use a different one. I’m also eyeing the Nitecore SC4 but there have been reports of its internal power supply whining too. Hopefully you mention that in the review if you notice it.

Only if it is very bad, with the SC4 I do include a remark about it.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

ferongr
ferongr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 4 days ago
Joined: 04/11/2015 - 07:15
Posts: 144
Location: Athens

Thanks for letting me know beforehand (my high frequency hearing is mostly intact and I’m bothered by such noise when sleeping) and thanks for all your work.

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 3458
Location: USA

ferongr wrote:
(my high frequency hearing is mostly intact and I’m bothered by such noise when sleeping)

What frequency is it?

I’ve already lost my ability to hear anything above 17 kHz… I guess that’s one benefit of getting older. Smile

ferongr
ferongr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 4 days ago
Joined: 04/11/2015 - 07:15
Posts: 144
Location: Athens

My VP1’s PSU is between 15 and 17KHz. It normally requires you to put your ear near it to hear it but my powerstrip amplifies the sound due to its location.

ferongr
ferongr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 4 days ago
Joined: 04/11/2015 - 07:15
Posts: 144
Location: Athens

The Gyrfalcon All-88 and All-44 where excellent chargers, if a little bit involved when it came to their user interface. Now Gyrfalcon/Enova seems to have made a simplified 3,7V LiIon/NiMh 4 slot charger with both 12V and 5V USB inputs. If it charges as well as the All-44 it would be an interesting device. https://www.akkuteile.de/en/ladegeraete/enova/enova-gyrfalcon-all-40-4-s...

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7426
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
ferongr wrote:
The Gyrfalcon All-88 and All-44 where excellent chargers, if a little bit involved when it came to their user interface. Now Gyrfalcon/Enova seems to have made a simplified 3,7V LiIon/NiMh 4 slot charger with both 12V and 5V USB inputs. If it charges as well as the All-44 it would be an interesting device. https://www.akkuteile.de/en/ladegeraete/enova/enova-gyrfalcon-all-40-4-s...

I am working on it, I got it from Enova some time ago.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

ferongr
ferongr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 4 days ago
Joined: 04/11/2015 - 07:15
Posts: 144
Location: Athens

Thanks Smile

dekozn
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 06/17/2016 - 09:04
Posts: 785
Location: Be

This one looks interesting as an on the go charger.
https://www.banggood.com/5V-1A-Li-ion-Micro-USB-Charger-Mini-Battery-Charger-For-18650-p-984061.html?utm_source=bbs&utm_medium=BLF&utm_campaign=deals&utm_content=chendongling

Idiot proofing something only creates improved idiots.

ferongr
ferongr's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 4 days ago
Joined: 04/11/2015 - 07:15
Posts: 144
Location: Athens

Looks like the same as one tested some time ago (or it could be a clone or variant of it).

http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Micro%2018650%20Battery%2...

dekozn
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 06/17/2016 - 09:04
Posts: 785
Location: Be

Cool, thanks for the link Thumbs Up

Idiot proofing something only creates improved idiots.

angerdan
angerdan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2015 - 10:07
Posts: 539
HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7426
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
angerdan wrote:
The new Panasonic BQ-CC65 looks interesting: main.panasonic-eneloop.eu/sites/default/files/Catalogue_eneloop_ENG_2017_DEF_LR.pdf#page=19

It looks interesting, I have put in on the list

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

Pete7874
Pete7874's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 20 min ago
Joined: 11/23/2011 - 16:47
Posts: 3458
Location: USA

angerdan wrote:
The new Panasonic BQ-CC65 looks interesting:
main.panasonic-eneloop.eu/sites/default/files/Catalogue_eneloop_ENG_2017_DEF_LR.pdf#page=19

Is it actually sold anywhere yet?
angerdan
angerdan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2015 - 10:07
Posts: 539
nquinn
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 09/11/2017 - 21:55
Posts: 267
Location: DC

What’s the general consensus for best small charger+powerbank combo for travel?
a) For li-ion + ni-mh (18650+AA or AAA ni-mh)
b) for li-ion only (18650)

angerdan
angerdan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2015 - 10:07
Posts: 539

Well, how do you define “best”?
What exactly are your requirements?

And why don’t use the right thread for this topic? There are already similar questions and answers:
http://budgetlightforum.com/forum/batteries/chargers
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/56814

At least you’ll find everything on HKJ infopage:
http://lygte-info.dk/info/roundCellChargerIndex%20USBIn%20UK.html
http://lygte-info.dk/review/Review%20Charger%20Olight%20UC%20UK.html

nquinn
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 09/11/2017 - 21:55
Posts: 267
Location: DC

Sorry angerdan, agree it doesn’t belong here. Just looking for the most versatile/lightweight travel charger.

I’d like to add another vote for the NiteCore F2 to review! The F1 seems to have done OK, but would love to see how well the F2 acts as a powerbank.

nquinn
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 09/11/2017 - 21:55
Posts: 267
Location: DC
HKJ wrote:

Charger I will consider when my queue is smaller:


Nitecore F2

Another vote for the Nitecore F2 HKJ! Would love to see this one reviewed soon – especially to see if it holds up as a powerbank at 2A.

nquinn
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 09/11/2017 - 21:55
Posts: 267
Location: DC

Another portable charger request please:

Soshine E4S: https://www.gearbest.com/chargers/pp_353299.html

(2 × 18650 portable charger and power bank for around $9 on sale)

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7426
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
nquinn wrote:
HKJ wrote:

Charger I will consider when my queue is smaller:


Nitecore F2

Another vote for the Nitecore F2 HKJ! Would love to see this one reviewed soon – especially to see if it holds up as a powerbank at 2A.

I have ordered one.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 9584
Location: Berkeley, California

Did you get the 8xAA/AAA Sofirn charger?
They’re dirt cheap for their 11/11 sale, under $7.

I wonder if they’re any good.
Particularly would they be safe to leave trickle charging, to have some fully charged cells when the earthquake kills our power.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Multi-Slot-Smart-Charger-For-AA-AAA-NiMH-NiCd-Rechargeable-Battery-8-Bay-Battery-Charger-Batteries/2933049_32807168511.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.611b82aaQe29cN
(individual indicator LED for each of the 8 slots, doesn’t say for sure if it will charge odd number of cells)

Here’s another 8xAA/AAA charger (4 indicators for 8 slots, says it only charges pairs of cells):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Original-Palo-C808W-Smart-Charger-For-AA-AAA-Ni-MH-Ni-Cd-Batteries-Rechargeable-Intelligent-Battery/32826673012.html?spm=2114.12010108.0.0.353c40173Wbw3Z&traffic_analysisId=recommend_2049_6_83259_iswiall&scm=1007.12908.83259.0&pvid=9afc3efd-d9ba-4e02-ad88-23a438f0fe26&tpp=1

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 23 min ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7426
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
hank wrote:
Did you get the 8xAA/AAA Sofirn charger?

I did get it, but I have not had time to look at it.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

specialk
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 12/05/2016 - 00:44
Posts: 182
Location: Canada Vancouver Island
angerdan
angerdan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2015 - 10:07
Posts: 539

Pages