ENEDED

525 posts / 0 new
Last post
mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 3081
Location: Sweden

vinte77 wrote:
So I received my lights yesterday. I only got to test out the white one (I also ordered a blue one). My white one came a little scuffed but it’s not really noticeable because of the color. I did inspect the blue one for imperfections but I didn’t notice any when I quickly looked it over.

I see what people are saying about the trit slots being shallow. However, on mine only the trit slot above the switch is shallow and the rest of the slots are deep enough where the trits fit in and are recessed. In my excitement, I installed 2 on the light, one above the button and another on the opposite side. I will report back over the weekend, when I have more time to play with the light and possibly have time to mod one of them.

what trits can be installed on this light, and can u buy them on banggood? can we see pics..

Also which version is best HD/HI ? i still dont know which to chose, for more flood or throw ?

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 3081
Location: Sweden

Also is anyone tryied using the Liitokala black 26650 in this light and can confirm its working? I have 2 thats just collecting dust so for this light they could work?

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 10274

Lii-50A is supported.

mortuus wrote:
Also is anyone tryied using the Liitokala black 26650 in this light and can confirm its working? I have 2 thats just collecting dust so for this light they could work?

1thedeals.comyoutubeAstroluxNealsgadgetsolight

Bogdan
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 3 hours ago
Joined: 03/11/2016 - 11:29
Posts: 95

I used it with black liitokala 26650 lii-50A, all works very well Big Smile
Ramping is not as smooth as on my Q8 but still very good and I like it Cool

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 3081
Location: Sweden

ok great idecided, i placed order for *1 x Color: Brown Design: XHP35 HD NW *

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 3081
Location: Sweden

wow i placed order lastnight and banggood already marked it shipped, impressive they are really working fast these days with shipping orders so quick out.

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1604
Location: Australia

Just a quick note:

The battery tube diameter is very tight for Blue LiitoKoala battery . It’s very tight and the sticker get scratches on the side as you push the battery in.

The newer version of LiitoKoala (black colour) fits perfectly.

Nico -.-

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 10274

LiitoKoala makes non-standard 26650. sealed

Nicolicous wrote:
Just a quick note: The battery tube diameter is very tight for Blue LiitoKoala battery . It's very tight and the sticker get scratches on the side as you push the battery in. The newer version of LiitoKoala (black colour) fits perfectly.

1thedeals.comyoutubeAstroluxNealsgadgetsolight

vinte77
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 03/04/2014 - 18:43
Posts: 766
Location: California

So I got to tinker with my white sc26 over the weekend. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time to take bad pictures with my phone. I made a spacer to use a tir optic, carclo 10755. However, I ended up going back to the reflector as I liked the beam profile with the reflector better, using an xhp35 led. I think the beam profile with the tir will be much better with a bigger led, so I’m going to save it for a future sc26 build when the new boost drivers are released from mountain or lexel. I’m thinking it’ll look good with a xhp50.2 high cri led.

I still ended up swapping out the led, since I’m not a big fan of the egg yolk center spot. I swapped out the led to a XHP35A-H0-0000-0D0HC445E, 4500K 80cri, and now the egg yolk is gone! But now I have a mild green tint shift going away from the center of the beam. I guess I’d prefer the green over the egg yolk if I have to pick my poison, but at the least it’s only mild. I will say that there was no tint shift that I could notice when I had it set up with the carclo optic.

heatwaves
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/08/2017 - 14:16
Posts: 135
Location: United States

Has anyone experienced the Shockli 26650 button tops not working for the SC26? It appears that the white plastic top cover is interfering with the connection. I removed the white cover on one of my batteries and now it is working. See photo. Anyone think that this could be potentially dangerous? The white cover didn’t exactly peel off cleanly (like they do on some 18650s), but is kind of jagged.

I didn’t experience issues with the 26350 as it has a clean connection and isn’t a button top.


mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 3081
Location: Sweden

Hm weird its not working since it has a button top? its to small to make contact i dont get it. Well i wouldnt use a battery if i had too remove some of the plastic looking like that. U should just buy a different battery instead with a wider metal at the top.

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

PBWilson
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 08/24/2016 - 17:49
Posts: 1039
Location: Rochester, NY

I use that same cell with the small button top and mine is working. I did take a closer look at the spring attached to the driver board and noticed that it doesn’t taper down to a small area and it appears that the small end of the spring that takes a right angle is all that is touching the end of the battery. Perhaps a small blob of solder on the end of the spring would help create a wider area and make it easier for your cell to make contact.

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 3736
Location: United States , Pa.

Can anyone tell me if this light has LVP? Protected or non protected cell recommended. The SC26 will be my first 26650 light, any cell suggestions? Thanks.

heatwaves
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/08/2017 - 14:16
Posts: 135
Location: United States
PBWilson wrote:
I use that same cell with the small button top and mine is working. I did take a closer look at the spring attached to the driver board and noticed that it doesn’t taper down to a small area and it appears that the small end of the spring that takes a right angle is all that is touching the end of the battery. Perhaps a small blob of solder on the end of the spring would help create a wider area and make it easier for your cell to make contact.

Interesting. I tried both cells on both lights (before I removed the top cover) and neither of them worked. When I switched to the smaller 26350 with the bigger contact area, neither light had any issues. With the cover removed on the 26650, both of them also work. I think I’m only going to mess with one of those batteries and clean up the top a bit so there is nothing that is near the contact space. I’ll just use the other battery for the upcoming Emisar D4S.

Magnificus
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 19 hours ago
Joined: 09/05/2016 - 19:08
Posts: 12

Interested if it’s still available. Thanks.

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 3081
Location: Sweden
Magnificus wrote:
Interested if it’s still available. Thanks.

some tints/colors already sold out i see, so send freeme in the first post a pm that u want a code and he will send u one for banggood Smile

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Yourrid
Yourrid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 days ago
Joined: 05/17/2013 - 09:41
Posts: 1068
Location: NE ATL

Sitting outside last night, enjoying a bourbon and a cigar, I noticed my SC26 has a different anodizing on the body. It seems to be less glossy than the rest of the light. Anyone else notice this on theirs?

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 3696
Location: USA, Michigan

XHP-35 HI NW. Put it through the paces all weekend. Really enjoying this flashlight. The HI emitter with the OP reflector is near perfect amount of throw and flood. Great amount of runtime with a 4200mAh cell.

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 3736
Location: United States , Pa.

Nice photos . Do you know if it has LVP and do you think protected cells will fit?

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 3696
Location: USA, Michigan
pennzy wrote:
Nice photos . Do you know if it has LVP and do you think protected cells will fit?

I don’t know if it has LVP or whether or not protected cells fit. I use an iJoy 4200 unprotected cell, and used it all weekend, including as a table lamp one evening. Today the battery was at 3.62. Just check your battery once in a while, and you’ll be fine

PBWilson
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 08/24/2016 - 17:49
Posts: 1039
Location: Rochester, NY

While I don’t have any protected cells, it’ll hold two 26350 cells in series which is longer than a single 26650 and the tail spring has a lot of travel so your chances are good.

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 3736
Location: United States , Pa.

Thanks guys.Mine is on it’s way . I always worry about my wife using it or it accidentally getting turned on . Have to order a cell now before it gets here.

leroycp
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/27/2015 - 19:24
Posts: 738
Location: Stewart TN

Ordered one white/silver

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 48 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 3081
Location: Sweden

I dont think using unprotected cells in this light is a big deal, i been using double unprotected in my l6 for almost a year and never any issues. as long as using a good quality cell it will work just fine.

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

hunter1
hunter1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 days ago
Joined: 02/18/2016 - 03:19
Posts: 233
Location: Norway
Yourrid wrote:
Sitting outside last night, enjoying a bourbon and a cigar, I noticed my SC26 has a different anodizing on the body. It seems to be less glossy than the rest of the light. Anyone else notice this on theirs?

Hi Yourrid.

Yes, you are right, not just anodizing but also different color.
My bezel ring and body are both darker than the head and the tailcap. (The two latter is much more shiny.)

BTW: I did not need a bourbon nor a cigar to see that.. Wink

khas
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 19 hours ago
Joined: 08/08/2014 - 07:20
Posts: 935
Location: Denmark
pennzy wrote:
Can anyone tell me if this light has LVP? Protected or non protected cell recommended. The SC26 will be my first 26650 light, any cell suggestions? Thanks.

The flashlight has LVP, when the battery get below 3V it turns off.

Both Protected and unprotected cells work fine, even my longest Keeppower 5200mAh.

If you decide to use two 26350 batteries please remember the voltage indicator in the switch and the LVP does NOT work.

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 3736
Location: United States , Pa.
khas wrote:
pennzy wrote:
Can anyone tell me if this light has LVP? Protected or non protected cell recommended. The SC26 will be my first 26650 light, any cell suggestions? Thanks.

The flashlight has LVP, when the battery get below 3V it turns off.

Both Protected and unprotected cells work fine, even my longest Keeppower 5200mAh.

If you decide to use two 26350 batteries please remember the voltage indicator in the switch and the LVP does NOT work.


Thank you very much. Very helpful information. Now I have to choose a 26650 cell . Shockli seems to be the highest capacity. Not many American sources though.
Yourrid
Yourrid's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 days ago
Joined: 05/17/2013 - 09:41
Posts: 1068
Location: NE ATL
hunter1 wrote:
Yourrid wrote:
Sitting outside last night, enjoying a bourbon and a cigar, I noticed my SC26 has a different anodizing on the body. It seems to be less glossy than the rest of the light. Anyone else notice this on theirs?

Hi Yourrid.

Yes, you are right, not just anodizing but also different color.
My bezel ring and body are both darker than the head and the tailcap. (The two latter is much more shiny.)

BTW: I did not need a bourbon nor a cigar to see that.. Wink

HAHAHA touché Thumbs Up

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2092
Location: United states
pennzy wrote:
khas wrote:
pennzy wrote:
Can anyone tell me if this light has LVP? Protected or non protected cell recommended. The SC26 will be my first 26650 light, any cell suggestions? Thanks.

The flashlight has LVP, when the battery get below 3V it turns off.

Both Protected and unprotected cells work fine, even my longest Keeppower 5200mAh.

If you decide to use two 26350 batteries please remember the voltage indicator in the switch and the LVP does NOT work.


Thank you very much. Very helpful information. Now I have to choose a 26650 cell . Shockli seems to be the highest capacity. Not many American sources though.

Mtnelectronics carry them.. currently out of stock.
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_10...

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 3736
Location: United States , Pa.

Mtnelectronics carry them.. currently out of stock.
http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_10...

I am on their email alerts list. Any overseas sellers that can be trusted?

Pages