✌ FREEME- ASTROLUX MF01 Mini 7*SST20 CRI95 26650 ANDÚRIL Flashlight Group Buy - $45.99

1582 posts / 0 new
Last post
Watermanchris
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 09:12
Posts: 330
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL

BlueSwordM wrote:
To me, Fireflie’s build quality is superb in general.

Also, to anybody with the SST-20 5000k, I wouldn’t expect good tint from it.

It’s got such bad color rendering compared to even the XP-L HI, that its tint is quite a bit worse than it should be based on its color tint bin.

Live and learn. How hard would it be for a noob to swap the emitters? The worst part about it is that I ordered a ROT66 Gen II with the same emitters. Facepalm

I have some single emitter lights Covoy S2+ Cu and S3 to practice on.

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 26 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4505
Location: US

I took some measurements of my silver MF01 Mini with the SST-20 4000K using Vapcell 26650 5500mah fully charged. This one will surely see significant improvement in tint by swapping to a UCL type glass.

Max Output
3,770 lumens at 1s
CCT: 3877K
DUV: 0.002
Ra (CRI): 93.7
R9: 82.5
Rf: 92
Rg: 103

Max Output (without glass)
3,905 lumens at 1s
CCT: 3780K
DUV: -0.0023
Ra (CRI): 94.7
R9: 86.2
Rf: 92
Rg: 104

At 3rd lowest stepped mode
Output: 55 lumens
CCT: 3805K
DUV: 0.0032
Ra (CRI): 97.7
R9: 94.7
Rg: 99

At 3rd lowest stepped mode (without glass)
Output: 59 lumens
CCT: 3820K
DUV: 0.0018
Ra (CRI): 98.2
R9: 97.9
Rf: 93
Rg: 100

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12934
Location: Houston Texas

Watermanchris wrote:

How hard would it be for a noob to swap the emitters? The worst part about it is that I ordered a ROT66 Gen II with the same emitters. Facepalm

I have some single emitter lights Convoy S2+ Cu and S3 to practice on.


It depends on if you can get a new mcpcb with the emitters you want already installed. Then the swap involved soldering wires. Pretty simple.

If you can’t get an assembled board then you have to reflow the individual leds which is much more complicated. You would need a controllable heat source like a hot air staion or a hot plate.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 3244
Location: Sweden

SKV89 wrote:
I took some measurements of my silver MF01 Mini with the SST-20 4000K using Vapcell 26650 5500mah fully charged. This one will surely see significant improvement in tint by swapping to a UCL type glass.

Max Output
3,770 lumens at 1s
CCT: 3877K
DUV: 0.002
Ra (CRI): 93.7
R9: 82.5
Rf: 92
Rg: 103

Max Output (without glass)
3,905 lumens at 1s
CCT: 3780K
DUV: -0.0023
Ra (CRI): 94.7
R9: 86.2
Rf: 92
Rg: 104

At 3rd lowest stepped mode
Output: 55 lumens
CCT: 3805K
DUV: 0.0032
Ra (CRI): 97.7
R9: 94.7
Rg: 99

At 3rd lowest stepped mode (without glass)
Output: 59 lumens
CCT: 3820K
DUV: 0.0018
Ra (CRI): 98.2
R9: 97.9
Rf: 93
Rg: 100

hm it doesnt pass 4000 lumens, isnt that a bit low ?

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12934
Location: Houston Texas

mortuus wrote:

Hmm, it doesn’t pass 4000 lumens, isn’t that a bit low?

The high CRI SST-20 has pretty low output. The 70 CRI 6500K is where they measure the 5500 lumen.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Tubercle
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 03/10/2019 - 14:28
Posts: 251
Location: USA

Well.. yeah.. The E07’s high CRI emitters does around the same w/ a 21700 battery. The 4000k’s about maxed out here w/ current tech.

TheAuditor
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2017 - 06:33
Posts: 708
Location: United Kingdom

Tubercle wrote:
I have 3 E07’s (XPl, sst-4000k, sst-4000k copper, 1 E01 5000k) for quite a while now, and a PL47 and a ROT66 in the mail. I also have a D4v1, D18, 2 MF01S’s and 4 MF01 minis now.

Build quality is definitively as follows: E07>MF01S>MF01 MINI. Trust me on this. The astrolux feels light and flimsy, feels ‘hollow’, there’s nicks in the ano, the threads aren’t as well machined. For one of the lights the bezel ring can’t be screwed all the way down and leaves a gap.
The SST20 4000k, whatever bin they used, isn’t as rich and warm looking as the FD2 bins FF used in their E07’s. For indoor use I’ll definitely still use the E07 for the better beam pattern.
Although overall the best quality is the D18, there’s just something about the design and machining that is so solid. Waiting on the Gen2 FFs to make final decision.

I don’t mean to give an impression that the Mini is a bad light. No it’s great, for the price. It just didn’t whelm me as when I received my E07’s and my MF01S full size versions. It also gets hot fast and the 21700 batteries gives like 2x the heat for like 15% in output which is not noticeable which is also a bummer.

I got a 4000k version of the mini and am happy with it. It just does not have the quality feel of an Emisar product and as Hank is launching new models I decided to cancel my order for a copper and titanium mini and put the funds towards more Emisars Wink

I will probably get another mini at some point. I will wait and see if any issues emerge.

Bonum commune communitatis.

Yarp.

Dr.Phillip
Dr.Phillip's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 09/26/2019 - 04:23
Posts: 173

Who is Hank and what new products is emisar launching? Something similar to mini?

TheAuditor
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2017 - 06:33
Posts: 708
Location: United Kingdom
Dr.Phillip wrote:
Who is Hank and what new products is emisar launching? Something similar to mini?

PM’d

Bonum commune communitatis.

Yarp.

Dr.Phillip
Dr.Phillip's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 09/26/2019 - 04:23
Posts: 173

TY

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12934
Location: Houston Texas

Hank is the person in charge of the Emisar brand, for those that don’t know. His store is intl-outdoor.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

drewski
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 07/09/2019 - 08:46
Posts: 140
Location: US

My Silver 5000k just shipped and I am very much regretting my tint (and color) choice given the apparent green tint Sick . I suppose there is nothing I can do at this point given Banggood’s return reputation. Any suggestions?

AlexGT
AlexGT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 06/07/2012 - 17:39
Posts: 4648
Location: Texas

I wonder if Astrolux could offer us a MCPCB board with XPL-HI leds in neutral 5000k white like 3A or 3C tint at a reasonable cost… Freeme could you ask?

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12934
Location: Houston Texas

drewski wrote:
My Silver 5000k just shipped and I am very much regretting my tint (and color) choice given the apparent green tint Sick . I suppose there is nothing I can do at this point given Banggood’s return reputation. Any suggestions?

You must not have ever returned something to China. There pretty much is no returning since the shipping cost is usually more than the item. You should consider selling local if you don’t like it. Maybe take a small loss. Then buy another.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12934
Location: Houston Texas

AlexGT wrote:
I wonder if Astrolux could offer us a MCPCB board with XPL-HI leds in neutral 5000k white like 3A or 3C tint at a reasonable cost… Freeme could you ask?

This is a good idea. Hopefully the height of the emitters are the same so the optic fits.

Why 3C, do you mean 3D?

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

AlexGT
AlexGT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 06/07/2012 - 17:39
Posts: 4648
Location: Texas

JasonWW wrote:
AlexGT wrote:
I wonder if Astrolux could offer us a MCPCB board with XPL-HI leds in neutral 5000k white like 3A or 3C tint at a reasonable cost… Freeme could you ask?

This is a good idea. Hopefully the height of the emitters are the same so the optic fits.

Why 3C, do you mean 3D?

Is 3D tint available? I only seen 3A and 3C, but sure 3D would be awesome!

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12934
Location: Houston Texas

AlexGT wrote:

Is 3D tint available?

I have no clue. What’s available to the flashlight companies is different than what’s available to us. They may even already have some in their inventory.

I just know the A and D are usually most desirable over the B and C since they are much closer to the BBL.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Watermanchris
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/06/2019 - 09:12
Posts: 330
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL

I would love to buy an MCPB with LH351D 5000K. If I can’t, I will attempt an emitter swap

Tubercle
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 03/10/2019 - 14:28
Posts: 251
Location: USA

drewski wrote:
My Silver 5000k just shipped and I am very much regretting my tint (and color) choice given the apparent green tint Sick . I suppose there is nothing I can do at this point given Banggood’s return reputation. Any suggestions?

You can’t return; Even if you can get past Banggood’s CS and get an RMA to return. It costs $34 for shipping to ship an item back via international express. It’ll take forever to actually get there. And no one will pick it up at their postoffice which is overwhelmed w/ thousands of items, it’ll just return back to sender in like 2 months, leaving you frustrated.
drewski
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 6 days ago
Joined: 07/09/2019 - 08:46
Posts: 140
Location: US
Tubercle wrote:
drewski wrote:
My Silver 5000k just shipped and I am very much regretting my tint (and color) choice given the apparent green tint Sick . I suppose there is nothing I can do at this point given Banggood’s return reputation. Any suggestions?
You can’t return; Even if you can get past Banggood’s CS and get an RMA to return. It costs $34 for shipping to ship an item back via international express. It’ll take forever to actually get there. And no one will pick it up at their postoffice which is overwhelmed w/ thousands of items, it’ll just return back to sender in like 2 months, leaving you frustrated.

Yeah after some reading I figured I’ll just either have to live with it, sell it, or gift it. This will be my first flashlight purchased without searching reviews first and that has proven unwise in my case. Can’t win em all.

riffraff
riffraff's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/10/2019 - 13:14
Posts: 142
Location: Quantrill's country

Well, received my 5000K today. Yep, it’s green at low levels. Yep, yep, yep, yep. Sick Sick

Party Party Party Party Party Party Party
Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 15065
Location: LI NY

I'm glad I ordered my 5000K in olive green smilecool

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 26 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4505
Location: US

mortuus wrote:
SKV89 wrote:
I took some measurements of my silver MF01 Mini with the SST-20 4000K using Vapcell 26650 5500mah fully charged. This one will surely see significant improvement in tint by swapping to a UCL type glass.

Max Output
3,770 lumens at 1s
CCT: 3877K
DUV: 0.002
Ra (CRI): 93.7
R9: 82.5
Rf: 92
Rg: 103

Max Output (without glass)
3,905 lumens at 1s
CCT: 3780K
DUV: -0.0023
Ra (CRI): 94.7
R9: 86.2
Rf: 92
Rg: 104

At 3rd lowest stepped mode
Output: 55 lumens
CCT: 3805K
DUV: 0.0032
Ra (CRI): 97.7
R9: 94.7
Rg: 99

At 3rd lowest stepped mode (without glass)
Output: 59 lumens
CCT: 3820K
DUV: 0.0018
Ra (CRI): 98.2
R9: 97.9
Rf: 93
Rg: 100

hm it doesnt pass 4000 lumens, isnt that a bit low ?

It makes 4,100 lumens with glass on if I use a 18650 Samsung 20S cell. I would think with a 21700 30T, it would output a bit higher however because 21700 is a good bit longer than 26650, I don’t want to risk crushing the springs. I think this is a very good light and the first Anduril light with USB-C recharge.

Edindevon
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 06/09/2018 - 13:59
Posts: 14
Location: United Kingdom

Am I too late to get a code?

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 26 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4505
Location: US

I just tried the UCL 40.05×1.90 lens and surprisingly, it made very little difference. Tint dropped probably average -0.0005. I as expecting it would lower the DUV by -0.0010 to -0.0015.

sienna
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 01/19/2011 - 15:45
Posts: 51
Location: Ontario, Canada

4000K olive green ordered.

Majoroverkill
Majoroverkill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/12/2017 - 17:13
Posts: 1039
Location: Nevada

33 days and counting, origin post preparing shipment. After reading problems with the light I sure hope its worth the wait. I Just ordered a Armytek wizard pro v3 from Amazon to calm my addiction down, lol. I my order the Acebeam X45 tomorrow, got to love Amazon prime shipping.

Doug S.

TexasToasted
TexasToasted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 08:48
Posts: 1362
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
Majoroverkill wrote:
33 days and counting, origin post preparing shipment. After reading problems with the light I sure hope its worth the wait. I Just ordered a Armytek wizard pro v3 from Amazon to calm my addiction down, lol. I my order the Acebeam X45 tomorrow, got to love Amazon prime shipping.

I know how you feel. I just got mine today.
Ordered Sep 13
Shipped Oct 15
Delivered Oct 28

shirnask
shirnask's picture
Offline
Last seen: 52 min 10 sec ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 23:58
Posts: 1411
Location: Louisiana

Consider yourself lucky –

First one:

Ordered Sep 9
Shipped Oct 18
Still in China

Second one:

Ordered Sep 9
Shipped Oct 27
Still in China

Majoroverkill
Majoroverkill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/12/2017 - 17:13
Posts: 1039
Location: Nevada

OUTCH! But in the end it will be worth it, I hope lol.

Doug S.

Pages