FW4A and HL3A interest and discussion thread

209 posts / 0 new
Last post
M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8820
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)
very nice gif from my review yesterday!
 
 

 
 

 all new deals are also posted here: deals.m4dm4x.com
if you do not find what you are looking for :

ask MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will save you money!

Umpi2000
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 03/15/2017 - 08:06
Posts: 391
Location: Durban, South Africa

Hi Martin,
Max tested lumens for each?

NWoodsman
NWoodsman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 11/06/2018 - 09:34
Posts: 53

Argh, if the headlight was anodized gray much like the fw3a, it would be much better. Instead it looks like a fireflies knockoff. Bad!

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8820
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

Umpi2000 wrote:
Hi Martin, Max tested lumens for each?

It's in the video

I can write it down later

 all new deals are also posted here: deals.m4dm4x.com
if you do not find what you are looking for :

ask MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will save you money!

MoreLumens
MoreLumens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2019 - 07:08
Posts: 1252
Location: Finland

Waiting for HL3A specs/test/beamshots, but seems nice. Kinda interested.

Chinaheart
Chinaheart's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 07/19/2019 - 22:56
Posts: 246
Location: Philippines

Interested in both lights

Day_Light
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 5 hours ago
Joined: 01/13/2020 - 10:55
Posts: 21
Location: Manila

Interested in both lights

JaredM
JaredM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 13:33
Posts: 1513
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Another nudge for the FW421

MSQRD
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 day ago
Joined: 05/06/2019 - 11:20
Posts: 51
Location: Chicago, IL

Interested in FW4A!

pscal
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 01/06/2015 - 11:34
Posts: 115
Location: Arkansas USA

Is the lens on the HL3a the same one as the FW3a? What is the thickness & diameter? I’m considering a sapphire lens but am not sure which one to get.

MSQRD
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 day ago
Joined: 05/06/2019 - 11:20
Posts: 51
Location: Chicago, IL

Interested in a FW4A

zaxar0580
zaxar0580's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 02/17/2019 - 15:59
Posts: 63

MSQRD wrote:
Interested in a FW4A

You are welcome http://budgetlightforum.com/node/70412
M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8820
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

pscal wrote:
Is the lens on the HL3a the same one as the FW3a? What is the thickness & diameter? I'm considering a sapphire lens but am not sure which one to get.

same

21.7x1mm lens in mine

 all new deals are also posted here: deals.m4dm4x.com
if you do not find what you are looking for :

ask MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will save you money!

Omega_17
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 06/02/2013 - 16:56
Posts: 1060
Location: France

Received it today. Wow this was fast! Excellent light and even smaller than a AA headlamp. The SST 20 tint is good, I don’t detect much green. The headband is also good quality in bright orange with reflective film.
The L shape makes it comfortable to hold as the weigh sit on your index. The light is so small you can’t have a full grip on it while holding it.

I agree that the pocket clip is not perfect, its wobbly and not secure enough. I switch it with the Skillhunt H15, now its much better and even has deeper clip carry.

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8820
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

good idea! 

 all new deals are also posted here: deals.m4dm4x.com
if you do not find what you are looking for :

ask MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will save you money!

mr_magoo
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 08/31/2018 - 14:01
Posts: 166
Location: Colorado

M4D M4X wrote:

good idea! 


That clip is perfect!
shirnask
shirnask's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 11 min ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 23:58
Posts: 1346
Location: Louisiana

FW4A received yesterday. Thank you Martin.

Ordered 3/16/2020 and delivered 3/26/2020 – Thank you Neal!

Gunga
Gunga's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 11/28/2014 - 16:56
Posts: 1966
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Martin. Any word on if the Nichia model has a limited turbo mode?

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8820
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

not now

 

 all new deals are also posted here: deals.m4dm4x.com
if you do not find what you are looking for :

ask MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will save you money!

maba
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 17:39
Posts: 149
Location: Poland

Thanks Thumbs Up

forsh
forsh's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 01/15/2020 - 05:31
Posts: 613
Location: finland

maba wrote:
Thanks Thumbs Up

!https://i.imgur.com/lh1lXT7.jpg!

that fw3a has some band around the tail cap,, what is it. it looks cool

https://www.facebook.com/groups/163189738353433/?ref=share
Join my Facebook FW3/4/1 selling and buying group guys

maba
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 17:39
Posts: 149
Location: Poland

forsh wrote:
that fw3a has some band around the tail cap,, what is it. it looks cool

GITD tape from aliexpress Thumbs Up

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0jpI-wCM0o/

asdqqq
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 02/19/2020 - 16:53
Posts: 105

Omega_17 wrote:
Received it today. Wow this was fast! Excellent light and even smaller than a AA headlamp. The SST 20 tint is good, I don’t detect much green. The headband is also good quality in bright orange with reflective film.
The L shape makes it comfortable to hold as the weigh sit on your index. The light is so small you can’t have a full grip on it while holding it.

I agree that the pocket clip is not perfect, its wobbly and not secure enough. I switch it with the Skillhunt H15, now its much better and even has deeper clip carry.
!https://i.postimg.cc/k4nSnmLg/IMG-20200327-105815.jpg!

Is there any separately available clip I could get that fits like this? What is it about the H15 clip that helps it fit so well? Is the clip part wider?
Sari33
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 07/17/2019 - 05:43
Posts: 306
Location: EU

M4D M4X wrote:

good idea! 


There will be Copper FW4A?
icpart
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 04/15/2019 - 01:13
Posts: 256
Location: Bulgaria

asdqqq wrote:
Omega_17 wrote:
Received it today. Wow this was fast! Excellent light and even smaller than a AA headlamp. The SST 20 tint is good, I don’t detect much green. The headband is also good quality in bright orange with reflective film.
The L shape makes it comfortable to hold as the weigh sit on your index. The light is so small you can’t have a full grip on it while holding it.

I agree that the pocket clip is not perfect, its wobbly and not secure enough. I switch it with the Skillhunt H15, now its much better and even has deeper clip carry.
!https://i.postimg.cc/k4nSnmLg/IMG-20200327-105815.jpg!

Is there any separately available clip I could get that fits like this? What is it about the H15 clip that helps it fit so well? Is the clip part wider?

What is this model of that Skilhunt. It has top switch?
Wieselflinkpro
Wieselflinkpro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 56 min ago
Joined: 05/21/2015 - 04:34
Posts: 975
Location: Germany - TLF

icpart wrote:
asdqqq wrote:
Omega_17 wrote:
Received it today. Wow this was fast! Excellent light and even smaller than a AA headlamp. The SST 20 tint is good, I don’t detect much green. The headband is also good quality in bright orange with reflective film.
The L shape makes it comfortable to hold as the weigh sit on your index. The light is so small you can’t have a full grip on it while holding it.

I agree that the pocket clip is not perfect, its wobbly and not secure enough. I switch it with the Skillhunt H15, now its much better and even has deeper clip carry.
!https://i.postimg.cc/k4nSnmLg/IMG-20200327-105815.jpg!

Is there any separately available clip I could get that fits like this? What is it about the H15 clip that helps it fit so well? Is the clip part wider?

What is this model of that Skilhunt. It has top switch?

H15 with 14500 battery: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32545368943.html
Sunnysunsun
Sunnysunsun's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 37 min ago
Joined: 08/09/2019 - 12:51
Posts: 407
Location: Toronto

I did a calculation to determine my HL3A SST20’s output on turbo. I used the cd the ceiling bounce app at max ramp (2800mA) as a reference ratio and determined that at turbo, the output is about 2300 lumens on a fresh off the charger VTC6.

My VTC6 is about 8 months old with steady use and the typical D4v2 turbo abuse.

There is a flaw in the design though. The tube rubs directly against the driver retaining ring when tightened which leads to the driver retaining ring coming loose and the switch assembly becoming messed up. This has happened to me twice in the span of about a month of regular of use. The first time was immediately after receiving the light.

asdqqq
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 02/19/2020 - 16:53
Posts: 105

Sunnysunsun wrote:
There is a flaw in the design though. The tube rubs directly against the driver retaining ring when tightened which leads to the driver retaining ring coming loose and the switch assembly becoming messed up. This has happened to me twice in the span of about a month of regular of use. The first time was immediately after receiving the light.

This has happened to me too.

Pages