Just got a small number XP-L HI T6 8D LED in stock.

2897 posts / 0 new
Last post
Hank Wang
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 10/19/2011 - 10:28
Posts: 538
Location: China

Hi, everyone, I’m not sick, only busy.
We are a bit overloaded with the recent orders, but we are still working every day to send the orders.
I’m sorry for the delay, if you can’t wait, please just send an email, we will refund immmediately, again, apology for the delay.

https://intl-outdoor.com, Noctigon, Emisar, flashlight components.

Frostcream
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 05/26/2020 - 16:26
Posts: 102

And there you have it.

Thanks Hank. Can’t wait for your new model!!!

Gunga
Gunga's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 11/28/2014 - 16:56
Posts: 1997
Location: Vancouver, Canada

I got my e21 D4v2 today. It’s beautiful. Shipped Nov 10. I think ordered Nov 3.

Not bad. I think there was a holiday around there.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 780
Location: Toronto

you guys need to chill and be patient, maybe email hank and ask whats going on, instead of filing PP claim and walk away. i mean feel free to walk away, not that anybody else would care, including hank, hes done nothing wrong, hes got plenty of business, not desperate for 1 more, you’d be the one missing out on great lights, it literally impacts nobody else.

personally i placed an order on nov 19th, for 3 lights, heard nothing for 2 days, emailed hank on nov 21st around 10am, he replied by 10pm, apologizing for the delay, and i got a tracking number on nov 23rd, which is yesterday, so its not bad at all. he hasnt exceeded my expectations, but im also not disappointed.

though YMMV, it may depend on the specific light, i got k1, kr1, and kr4. my guess is if you guys ordered d4v2 or something, its very popular, and it might be running low on stock maybe?

Frostcream
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 05/26/2020 - 16:26
Posts: 102

Niajef, Hank just replied. Check a couple of posts back. I for one am not complaining. I understand how life works, so I have plenty of patience for people like Hank.

Chatika vas Paus
Chatika vas Paus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 1025

Anyone have a problem contacting Hank here via BLF?
I’d like to place an order with flashlight parts not listed in the store, but Hank has been silent since the beginning of the month.
I wrote again a few days ago, but still silence.

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1679
Location: CT, USA

I wanted to share two things-

I got the new KR4 deep carry clip in, its friggen AWESOME! Sits perfect, fits on my KR1 and kr4 perfect (have yet to try the d4v2), doesn’t pinch heavy jeans like the FWxx deep carry clips do (for me), and I couldn’t be happier!

Second- there was a mixup / issue with my (parts only) order and Hank is taking care of it. No issues, no pictures, no BS. I just sent him the info to show how the mixup happened and he responded within 24 hours (China opposite US time wise) to let me know of the resolution. The mixup was honestly mostly my fault more then his because, although I paid him the correct amount, I had sent 2 emails over 6 weeks in the same email chain. the first email contained a smaller parts list than my second email(Second Emil parts list was what I paid for), and the first emails parts was what I received. I sent the confirmation of pricing from the second email to hank showing what I paid for and explained how, because of my confusing email chain, I was sent the smaller parts list from the first email, and he acknowledged and is remedying the issue.

Hank is (I think MOST of us would agree) one of, if not the best, busienss owners and sellers in this market. Hats off to you man, and thank you for the great products! And excellent service. Alright, enough a** kissing, just thought this was worth sharing for new buyers.

Art

Serlite
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 11/01/2018 - 16:14
Posts: 436
Chatika vas Paus wrote:
Anyone have a problem contacting Hank here via BLF? I’d like to place an order with flashlight parts not listed in the store, but Hank has been silent since the beginning of the month. I wrote again a few days ago, but still silence.

I think last I read, he was still inundated by orders – probably in part from that trending Reddit post.
Orders are going out a bit slower too, unfortunately.

Photon Master
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 04/07/2018 - 14:04
Posts: 625
Location: Mars

Could I ask what custom LEDs did you get and why? I’m trying to decide which Hank light to get next and I’m thinking maybe the D18 in either 2700k, 4000k, or deep red. Any suggestions? I have a KR4 in 2000K (love it) and a D4Vs2 in 6500 – beautiful light but I’m moving to warmer and getting away from 6500s

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1679
Location: CT, USA

Frostcream wrote:
And there you have it.

Thanks Hank. Can’t wait for your new model!!!


New Model?!?
Frostcream
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 05/26/2020 - 16:26
Posts: 102

Artiet59 wrote:
Frostcream wrote:
And there you have it.

Thanks Hank. Can’t wait for your new model!!!


New Model?!?

Yes. You know, K9.3
lightdecay
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/17/2019 - 08:55
Posts: 421
Location: U.S.A.

Photon Master wrote:
Could I ask what custom LEDs did you get and why? I’m trying to decide which Hank light to get next and I’m thinking maybe the D18 in either 2700k, 4000k, or deep red. Any suggestions? I have a KR4 in 2000K (love it) and a D4Vs2 in 6500 – beautiful light but I’m moving to warmer and getting away from 6500s
For Emisar D18 I recommend an even tint mix of SST-20 2700K and SST-20 4000K. You can custom order that configuration if you email Hank.

SST-20 Deep Red emitters are fun, but they might be better in a D4V2 or KR4. Those are bright enough already.

Chatika vas Paus
Chatika vas Paus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 min 12 sec ago
Joined: 09/03/2017 - 13:46
Posts: 1025
Serlite wrote:
Chatika vas Paus wrote:
Anyone have a problem contacting Hank here via BLF? I’d like to place an order with flashlight parts not listed in the store, but Hank has been silent since the beginning of the month. I wrote again a few days ago, but still silence.

I think last I read, he was still inundated by orders – probably in part from that trending Reddit post.
Orders are going out a bit slower too, unfortunately.

I understand, but I sent the message about a week before this post came on.

driftginger22
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 05/20/2020 - 06:01
Posts: 7

You could do a mix of XP-L Hi 2850k and 4000k for your D18. It’s what I have and I love it.

Link to my post on Reddit

I have beam shots in the comments on that post as well

They brighten my day night

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1679
Location: CT, USA

Frostcream wrote:
Artiet59 wrote:
Frostcream wrote:
And there you have it.

Thanks Hank. Can’t wait for your new model!!!


New Model?!?

Yes. You know, K9.3

crickets

I check this thread and Intl-outdoor.com once or twice a week since March, I have never heard of that. Obviously I’m not as studious as I thought Crying

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1679
Location: CT, USA

lightdecay wrote:
Photon Master wrote:
Could I ask what custom LEDs did you get and why? I’m trying to decide which Hank light to get next and I’m thinking maybe the D18 in either 2700k, 4000k, or deep red. Any suggestions? I have a KR4 in 2000K (love it) and a D4Vs2 in 6500 – beautiful light but I’m moving to warmer and getting away from 6500s
For Emisar D18 I recommend an even tint mix of SST-20 2700K and SST-20 4000K. You can custom order that configuration if you email Hank.

SST-20 Deep Red emitters are fun, but they might be better in a D4V2 or KR4. Those are bright enough already.


Are you saying kr4 w sst20 dr is bright? I want that, but heard from some it’s not bright ? I haven’t seen any beam shots
lightdecay
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/17/2019 - 08:55
Posts: 421
Location: U.S.A.

Artiet59 wrote:
Frostcream wrote:

Yes. You know, K9.3

crickets

I check this thread and Intl-outdoor.com once or twice a week since March, I have never heard of that. Obviously I’m not as studious as I thought Crying

Hank mentioned it in this thread.
https://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1712418#comment-1712418
Photon Master
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 04/07/2018 - 14:04
Posts: 625
Location: Mars

lightdecay wrote:
Photon Master wrote:
Could I ask what custom LEDs did you get and why? I’m trying to decide which Hank light to get next and I’m thinking maybe the D18 in either 2700k, 4000k, or deep red. Any suggestions? I have a KR4 in 2000K (love it) and a D4Vs2 in 6500 – beautiful light but I’m moving to warmer and getting away from 6500s
For Emisar D18 I recommend an even tint mix of SST-20 2700K and SST-20 4000K. You can custom order that configuration if you email Hank.

SST-20 Deep Red emitters are fun, but they might be better in a D4V2 or KR4. Those are bright enough already.

What a great idea dude thanks. Any other things I should ask for since I’m getting some customizations? Like special optics? I also heard someone talking about a linear driver or something like that for more power. What kind of batteries do you use on yours?

Thanks again

lightdecay
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/17/2019 - 08:55
Posts: 421
Location: U.S.A.

I recommend standard optics. As far as I know, there are no alternative drivers for Emisar D18. A constant current driver is only available for D4V2 and KR4.

Emisar D18 requires unprotected button top 18650 batteries. Unprotected button top Samsung 30Q is a good choice, that is what I use.

lightdecay
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/17/2019 - 08:55
Posts: 421
Location: U.S.A.

Artiet59 wrote:
lightdecay wrote:
Photon Master wrote:
Could I ask what custom LEDs did you get and why? I’m trying to decide which Hank light to get next and I’m thinking maybe the D18 in either 2700k, 4000k, or deep red. Any suggestions? I have a KR4 in 2000K (love it) and a D4Vs2 in 6500 – beautiful light but I’m moving to warmer and getting away from 6500s
For Emisar D18 I recommend an even tint mix of SST-20 2700K and SST-20 4000K. You can custom order that configuration if you email Hank.

SST-20 Deep Red emitters are fun, but they might be better in a D4V2 or KR4. Those are bright enough already.


Are you saying kr4 w sst20 dr is bright? I want that, but heard from some it’s not bright ? I haven’t seen any beam shots
Mine is bright. I would guess it is slightly more than 1000 lumens, and it has good throw with the same beam pattern as white SST-20.

By the way, the difference between 1500 lumens and 4000 lumens is noticeable, but small. Likewise for the difference between 4000 lumens and 10000 lumens. If you ceiling bounce 2 identical flashlights at the same time, you can see how much difference doubling output makes in practice with your own eyes without any measuring equipment.

TitaniumDust
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 11/13/2020 - 12:34
Posts: 7
Location: Toronto, Canada

For anyone still worried about getting their order shipped. I just got a shipping notification from Hank on Nov 28th, order went in on Nov 16th. Given I ordered after the huge rush of Reddit orders I think that’s perfectly reasonable. The shipment notification came in at 9:00pm on Saturday China time, so Hank is really working hard to get all these orders out to us!

driftginger22
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 05/20/2020 - 06:01
Posts: 7
TitaniumDust wrote:
For anyone still worried about getting their order shipped. I just got a shipping notification from Hank on Nov 28th, order went in on Nov 16th. Given I ordered after the huge rush of Reddit orders I think that’s perfectly reasonable. The shipment notification came in at 9:00pm on Saturday China time, so Hank is really working hard to get all these orders out to us!

Good to hear! I ordered a KR1 on the 20th and the K1 with the flash kit on the 21st. It still says processing but I know he’s been busy so I’m just being patient. Hopefully I’ll hear that mine shipped soon!

They brighten my day night

WarRaven
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/22/2015 - 13:15
Posts: 4
Location: Canada
TitaniumDust wrote:
For anyone still worried about getting their order shipped. I just got a shipping notification from Hank on Nov 28th, order went in on Nov 16th. Given I ordered after the huge rush of Reddit orders I think that’s perfectly reasonable. The shipment notification came in at 9:00pm on Saturday China time, so Hank is really working hard to get all these orders out to us!

Pretty much the same here, he’s working into the night hours.

Everything prior to that Reddit post has been spot on, he’s just a busier man these days.

Artiet59
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 02/25/2020 - 17:55
Posts: 1679
Location: CT, USA

I’m out of the proverbial loop with this reddit post, could someone link it? I’m just really curious at this point. Thanks.

iamlucky13
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 09:18
Posts: 954
Location: USA
Artiet59 wrote:
I’m out of the proverbial loop with this reddit post, could someone link it? I’m just really curious at this point. Thanks.

https://old.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/js82dw/uber_eats_driver_cou...

The original post received over 100,000 upvotes and made the main page of reddit. It was removed due to some personal info visible in the post. The link above is a repost with personal info removed. The /r/flashlight mods briefly put up a sticky explaining what the light was for all the first time visitors.

aginthelaw
aginthelaw's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 09/30/2014 - 21:31
Posts: 1128
Location: noo joisey

I ordered new clips and they showed up 5 days later. I must’ve done something right

never fear shadows…it means a light shines nearby

Smoothynobutt
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 11/12/2019 - 18:29
Posts: 26
Location: Kansas City

I ordered 2 lights from him and he shipped them 2 weeks from when I ordered them. Not a huge deal. I emailed him asking about tritium and he threw in that they’d be shipping the following week. He sure is a nice fella.

Sup

mbp
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 04/01/2019 - 11:00
Posts: 347
Location: Baltimore, MD

I’m having a problem with my KR1 W2. If everything is tightened down and a battery installed the LED is always on emitting the faintest light possible (much lower than level 1, only visible if looking for it in the dark). I’ve tried cleaning all contacts with alcohol and I don’t feel any burrs on the signal tube or anything. I can usually troubleshoot my own lights but this one has me stumped. Any ideas?

Frostcream
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 05/26/2020 - 16:26
Posts: 102

mbp wrote:
I’m having a problem with my KR1 W2. If everything is tightened down and a battery installed the LED is always on emitting the faintest light possible (much lower than level 1, only visible if looking for it in the dark). I’ve tried cleaning all contacts with alcohol and I don’t feel any burrs on the signal tube or anything. I can usually troubleshoot my own lights but this one has me stumped. Any ideas?
18350 tube? If so, don’t use the strap ring. I made that mistake with similar results.
mbp
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 04/01/2019 - 11:00
Posts: 347
Location: Baltimore, MD
Frostcream wrote:
mbp wrote:
I’m having a problem with my KR1 W2. If everything is tightened down and a battery installed the LED is always on emitting the faintest light possible (much lower than level 1, only visible if looking for it in the dark). I’ve tried cleaning all contacts with alcohol and I don’t feel any burrs on the signal tube or anything. I can usually troubleshoot my own lights but this one has me stumped. Any ideas?
18350 tube? If so, don’t use the strap ring. I made that mistake with similar results.

No, this is with the 18650 tube. I do have an 18350 tube, I can try and see if it happens with the 18350 tube as well.

EDIT: Can confirm, problem persists with 18350 tube as well.

Pages