“REVIEW”: Wuben TO50R = 21700 battery / 2800 lumens / 4 x LH351D / High CRI / Powerbank function [Pic Heavy]

41 posts / 0 new
Last post
MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 6875
Location: Portugal

MtnDon wrote:
Dang. I’d hate to see that happen with mne.

I hope not!
I’m not sure what happened, I can’t remember doing anything leading to this… Most of the time the flashlight is just sitting in the box. Gotta wait for Wuben’s reply Tired
rjkesler
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 04/29/2019 - 11:10
Posts: 52
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

MascaratumB wrote:
It’s official, my TO50R is somewhat damaged. After last week I tried using charging port without success, yesterday I arrived home, picked the flashlight and the full battery I left inside was at 2.98V…
I did another test, picked a 4.00V charged battery (Vapcell T50) and left it in the flashlight all night. This mourning it was at 3.84V Oops

I contacted Wuben already to see if they can repair it, I’d hate having this one damaged. Sad

Please let us know what Wuben does about this. I still have my TO50R. Even though I’m now trying to sell it I’d be curious what Wuben does in this case. Hoping for a good outcome for you.

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 6875
Location: Portugal

rjkesler wrote:
MascaratumB wrote:
It’s official, my TO50R is somewhat damaged. After last week I tried using charging port without success, yesterday I arrived home, picked the flashlight and the full battery I left inside was at 2.98V…
I did another test, picked a 4.00V charged battery (Vapcell T50) and left it in the flashlight all night. This mourning it was at 3.84V Oops

I contacted Wuben already to see if they can repair it, I’d hate having this one damaged. Sad

Please let us know what Wuben does about this. I still have my TO50R. Even though I’m now trying to sell it I’d be curious what Wuben does in this case. Hoping for a good outcome for you.

I’ve been in contact with their CS since the beginning of the week and they have replied promptly (considering our timezone differences), and in the next week I will send the flashlight to China for repair. I will only send the flashlight, not the accessories or battery.
I will send it tracked and with a note informing that it is an item for repair, as suggested by the CS (so that they don’t have to pay “importing” fees).

I hope it can be solved, I’d be sad if it couldn’t be repaired Oops

Thanks for your words. I’ll keep posting to show the advance/conclusion. Beer

derfyled
derfyled's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 04/16/2013 - 07:51
Posts: 287
Location: Canada

I’m quite sure you thought about that MascaratumB but have you tried another 21700 ?

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 6875
Location: Portugal

derfyled wrote:
I’m quite sure you thought about that MascaratumB but have you tried another 21700 ?

Sorry for the late reply!
Yup, I did tried it as I explained above, but it didn’t work Sad

I sent the flashlight to China on the June 2, and it was received by them today. I am now waiting for their reply concerning the repair and will let you know something more when I receive information.

Beer
MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 6875
Location: Portugal

I just wanted to give an update on this situation!
I sent the light to Wuben for repair, they sent it back and since the 19th july it has been stuck in the Customs.
I submitted paperwork and concernin this I just don’t have one document that I didn’t know it is needed when you send something out the country for repair/loan and that thing will return, like in this case.
I contacted the national post services more than 10 times via e-mail, 3 online requests via their site and customer support. I’ve been waiting for more than 45 days for it to arrive to my hands.

Throughout this time, Wuben CS – by Wincy – has been incredible, providing documents and information in order to make this process faster. So, thanks to him for all the help and attentive following!

Despite that, the customs and the post services, with the new taxing laws have gazillions of packages unprocessed and waiting to be delivered. I hope that I can receive it before Christmas Facepalm Tired

rjkesler
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 04/29/2019 - 11:10
Posts: 52
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

MascaratumB wrote:
I just wanted to give an update on this situation!
I sent the light to Wuben for repair, they sent it back and since the 19th july it has been stuck in the Customs.
I submitted paperwork and concernin this I just don’t have one document that I didn’t know it is needed when you send something out the country for repair/loan and that thing will return, like in this case.
I contacted the national post services more than 10 times via e-mail, 3 online requests via their site and customer support. I’ve been waiting for more than 45 days for it to arrive to my hands.

Throughout this time, Wuben CS – by Wincy – has been incredible, providing documents and information in order to make this process faster. So, thanks to him for all the help and attentive following!

Despite that, the customs and the post services, with the new taxing laws have gazillions of packages unprocessed and waiting to be delivered. I hope that I can receive it before Christmas Facepalm Tired

Dang, it is so sad when this happens with customs. Hopefully the right person will get your requests and they will realize you aren’t a criminal and aren’t trying to do criminal things! Thanks for the info. It is nice to know Wuben stands behind their work. We need to find a way to not send it into so many extra hands in the future. Hope it all works out!

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 6875
Location: Portugal

I finally received my TO50R flashlight, fixed by Wuben!
It spent almost 2,5 months sitting in the customs/post office divisions, but it finally arrived Wink

And it is working well, charging as it should!
Thanks Wuben CS for taking care of this and for all the support throughout this process.
BTW, the top of the tube is now glued (unlike before) so now I can only place/remove the battery from the tail. No issues with that for me, though.

I’m happy, didn’t see it since the beggining of June Blushing

Asian8640
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 02/21/2019 - 21:29
Posts: 98
Location: New York, United States

Question to a fellow TO50R owner: What way does the bezel turn to remove the bezel retaining ring so I can get at the optic, lens, LED, and PCB? I want to swap the emitters for a less green bin of the included Samsung LEDs and I am disinclined to force it too much either way as I can no longer acquire the flashlight at group buy prices. It seems to be on quite tight.

MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 6875
Location: Portugal

Asian8640 wrote:
Question to a fellow TO50R owner: What way does the bezel turn to remove the bezel retaining ring so I can get at the optic, lens, LED, and PCB? I want to swap the emitters for a less green bin of the included Samsung LEDs and I am disinclined to force it too much either way as I can no longer acquire the flashlight at group buy prices. It seems to be on quite tight.

If I remember correctly, I would rotate anticlockwise to unscrew!
I only tried to take it out when I received the flashlight and that was a while ago, and now mine doesn’t rotate (the light felt and the bezel pressed the aluminium).

In any case, I would be careful with that and also the wires. BTW, gchart can help on that, eventually, as he did a lighted board for the TO50R!
https://budgetlightforum.com/node/74013

I don’t feel my leds to be on the greenish side in this flashlight but maybe I am less sensitive in this case due to the type of optics!

Good luck with the mod !!

Pages