Are the lithium batteries sold with lights safe/UV light discussion

57 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 8338
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight
Are the lithium batteries sold with lights safe/UV light discussion

I’m looking at buying these, and they can be purchased with battery or without.
In the old days we considered non name brand batteries (Ultrafire and ilk) to be unsafe.

Has this changed, i have about a half dozen 7-10 year old batteries that still work but are not spring chickens anymore but do still work decently well.

Also do they meet specified mAh capacity or are they inflated?

https://wurkkos.com/products/wk30-multi-color-rechargeable-led-flashligh...

https://sofirnlight.com/products/sc31ro-2000-lumen-rechargeable-flashlig...

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

 

 

Edited by: Bort on 07/11/2021 - 04:57
jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 5216
Location: Central North America

some reviews to help answer some of your questions:

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/68143

https://zeroair.org/2020/11/23/sofirn-sc31-pro-18650-anduril-flashlight/

if your batteries are the right length and type, you can use them

buying the batteries with the lights is fine,
and will be sure to fit and work

lots of people like the SC31 Pro.. I think its a decent light for your intro to Anduril.. it has built in LVP btw, so the batteries do not need to be protected..

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 8338
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

jon_slider wrote:
some reviews to help answer some of your questions:

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/68143

https://zeroair.org/2020/11/23/sofirn-sc31-pro-18650-anduril-flashlight/

if your batteries are the right length and type, you can use them

buying the batteries with the lights is fine,
and will be sure to fit and work

lots of people like the SC31 Pro.. I think its a decent light for your intro to Anduril.. it has built in LVP btw, so the batteries do not need to be protected..


Thanks for those links
The poor lumen regulation of the SC31 Pro is giving me pause.
And the battery is nothing special, if i buy that light i will not bother with it.

The WK30 is still on my shortlist, though undecided on the 26650 battery.

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

 

 

ShyOne
ShyOne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 08/08/2019 - 23:23
Posts: 388
Location: Cortez, FL Cuchara, CO Homeport..AL

The batteries I have received from Sofirn have been good Bort. I have quite a few & NO problems with any of them. ✅

darosk
darosk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2019 - 22:03
Posts: 266
Location: Sabah, Malaysia

Sofirn batteries are good. Not great or amazing, but perfectly serviceable for daily use. I’ve been buying/using their lights for years, and have heard 0 negative reports specifically to do with their batteries.

Furthermore, based on my experience with their CS, I can confidently say that the company will do their best to help should any issue arise. They are extremely responsive, in my experience. The only thing you would have to deal with is the occasional grammar issue, but that’s par for the course for dealing with most companies out of China.

My Lights (Updated: June 20, 2021)

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 5216
Location: Central North America

Bort wrote:
undecided on the 26650 battery.
I also resist adopting new or uncommon battery sizes.. I think youre into a more mainstream cell if you stick with 18650..

Hope you enjoy the new light, and share your impressions

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 8338
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight
ShyOne wrote:
The batteries I have received from Sofirn have been good Bort. I have quite a few & NO problems with any of them. ✅

darosk wrote:
Sofirn batteries are good. Not great or amazing, but perfectly serviceable for daily use. I’ve been buying/using their lights for years, and have heard 0 negative reports specifically to do with their batteries.

Furthermore, based on my experience with their CS, I can confidently say that the company will do their best to help should any issue arise. They are extremely responsive, in my experience. The only thing you would have to deal with is the occasional grammar issue, but that’s par for the course for dealing with most companies out of China.


I am more concerned about risk of explosion.
My 18650s are Sanyo and Samsung. I don’t have any 21700s

jon_slider wrote:
Bort wrote:
undecided on the 26650 battery.
I also resist adopting new or uncommon battery sizes.. I think youre into a more mainstream cell if you stick with 18650..

Hope you enjoy the new light, and share your impressions


Will do.
I don’t care about uncommon sizes, i care more about battery safety.
I have not made my decisions yet, the WK30 is probably going to be bought, the SC31 Pro i am now leaning away from. Might buy the Wurkkos FC11 instead.

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

 

 

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 3123
Location: Sweden

yes they are safe, usually good batteries shipped with those lights from sofirn/wurkos they have good reputation their lights so i doubt they would ship crappy batteries to hurt their reputation.

but if u get anyrthing with “fire” in battery name just throw that garbage away lol.

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

CR888
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 25 min ago
Joined: 01/13/2021 - 08:31
Posts: 336
Location: Australia

I bought 4 Sp31-pro lights with the included 18650 cells. They work just fine and are safe. The only issue with them being button tops is they can have sharp edges on the postive button terminal, this is no issue for a light with springs, but lights like say a BLF lantern that has springs at one end and a copper ring at the top can get scratched by the rough edges of the sofirn 18650 cells. You just smooth off these burrs/sharp edges with a file or sandpaper. I’ve been impressed with their 40A 21700 cell. If you get a SP31-PRO get 5k and order from Sofirn so you can get the 18350 battery tube, the magnetic tail cap and a light diffuser if you wish. Those extras are cheap a couple of bux. With the small short 18350 tube its you can get 1400mAh cells from Vapecel T-14 which work really well, still get 2000lm.

CR888

ShyOne
ShyOne's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 08/08/2019 - 23:23
Posts: 388
Location: Cortez, FL Cuchara, CO Homeport..AL

All I can tell you Bort is none of mine from Sofirn have exploded so far. They are all working fine & holding capacity after quite some time & a good bit of use. ✅

GhostJoe
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 05/07/2021 - 10:14
Posts: 104
Location: US

Bort wrote:
jon_slider wrote:
some reviews to help answer some of your questions:

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/68143

https://zeroair.org/2020/11/23/sofirn-sc31-pro-18650-anduril-flashlight/

if your batteries are the right length and type, you can use them

buying the batteries with the lights is fine,
and will be sure to fit and work

lots of people like the SC31 Pro.. I think its a decent light for your intro to Anduril.. it has built in LVP btw, so the batteries do not need to be protected..


Thanks for those links
The poor lumen regulation of the SC31 Pro is giving me pause.
And the battery is nothing special, if i buy that light i will not bother with it.

The WK30 is still on my shortlist, though undecided on the 26650 battery.

Sofirn/Wurkkos 18650s are DLG NCM18650-300 and not sure what grade they are. DLG is one of the second-tier battery manufacturers in China and their batteries had very bad reputation several years ago but seems the quality improved recently. The capacity of these Sofirn batteries are good, all mine close to 3000mah but 6A CDR is a meh. I won’t use them in high-drain flashlights like SC31 which can draw ~9A on turbo. But they should be fine in lantern or even in SP36. When you see tests claimed they are comparable to GA or 30Q simply because all these tests were carried out under 1-5A discharge . I am pretty sure you will see big difference under 10A or 15A discharge.
https://www.18650batterystore.com/collections/18650-batteries/products/d....

Yes SC31pro is poorly regulated but you may try their SP35 which uses the same emitter with a buck driver. The included sofirn 21700 is a LISHEN LR2170SA (a OK battery). SP35 is a litter bit thrower than SC31pro. WK30 is a good regulated light but it is very very spill and obviously dimmer than Sc31. And their UV light uses the same emitter in sofirn Sp31uv. It is better than nothing but significantly worse than Convoy S2+ with Nichia 365nm in my comparison.

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 8338
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

GhostJoe wrote:
Bort wrote:
jon_slider wrote:
some reviews to help answer some of your questions:

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/68143

https://zeroair.org/2020/11/23/sofirn-sc31-pro-18650-anduril-flashlight/

if your batteries are the right length and type, you can use them

buying the batteries with the lights is fine,
and will be sure to fit and work

lots of people like the SC31 Pro.. I think its a decent light for your intro to Anduril.. it has built in LVP btw, so the batteries do not need to be protected..


Thanks for those links
The poor lumen regulation of the SC31 Pro is giving me pause.
And the battery is nothing special, if i buy that light i will not bother with it.

The WK30 is still on my shortlist, though undecided on the 26650 battery.

Sofirn/Wurkkos 18650s are DLG NCM18650-300 and not sure what grade they are. DLG is one of the second-tier battery manufacturers in China and their batteries had very bad reputation several years ago but seems the quality improved recently. The capacity of these Sofirn batteries are good, all mine close to 3000mah but 6A CDR is a meh. I won’t use them in high-drain flashlights like SC31 which can draw ~9A on turbo. But they should be fine in lantern or even in SP36. When you see tests claimed they are comparable to GA or 30Q simply because all these tests were carried out under 1-5A discharge . I am pretty sure you will see big difference under 10A or 15A discharge.


Thanks, this is useful info. How do you know all this?

Quote:
https://www.18650batterystore.com/collections/18650-batteries/products/d....

Link is not working.

Quote:
Yes SC31pro is poorly regulated but you may try their SP35 which uses the same emitter with a buck driver. The included sofirn 21700 is a LISHEN LR2170SA (a OK battery). SP35 is a litter bit thrower than SC31pro. WK30 is a good regulated light but it is very very spill and obviously dimmer than Sc31. And their UV light uses the same emitter in sofirn Sp31uv. It is better than nothing but significantly worse than Convoy S2+ with Nichia 365nm in my comparison.

I went ahead and ordered the WK30 based on several recommendations on BLF, sucks to hear i may have made a mistake as it would be my only UV light. I don’t know if i can cancel it now Sad
Apparently they initially used a crummy UV emitter then improved it but i don’t know if its good, i wish i had seen this before ordering.
As for another light i am not bothering right now, gonna hold on to my cash until something exceptional comes along.

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

 

 

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 52 sec ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 2278
Location: Germany

Bort wrote:

I went ahead and ordered the WK30 based on several recommendations on BLF, sucks to hear i may have made a mistake as it would be my only UV light.

What’s wrong with it?

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 8338
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight
Unheard wrote:
Bort wrote:
I went ahead and ordered the WK30 based on several recommendations on BLF, sucks to hear i may have made a mistake as it would be my only UV light.
What’s wrong with it?
According to GhostJoe
GhostJoe wrote:
And their UV light uses the same emitter in sofirn Sp31uv. It is better than nothing but significantly worse than Convoy S2+ with Nichia 365nm in my comparison.

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

 

 

Unheard
Unheard's picture
Offline
Last seen: 21 min 52 sec ago
Joined: 01/16/2019 - 11:38
Posts: 2278
Location: Germany

Yes, I know. There’s always a bigger fish.

I don’t own this light, but Wurkkos updated the LED to 365nm. From the pictures I’ve seen it’s ok. Might not be as powerful as the S2+, which I own, but seriously, the Convoy is brutally bright. Without eye protection, I get headache within 10 seconds.

Smile, you cannot kill them all.

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2217
Location: New Zealand
darosk wrote:
Sofirn batteries are good. Not great or amazing, but perfectly serviceable for daily use. I’ve been buying/using their lights for years, and have heard 0 negative reports specifically to do with their batteries..

Then you’ve clearly missed my posts on them.

While they aren’t dangerous and work okay, the QC could be better. Received 100pcs 18650 with spot welded button tops barely welded on causing very poor performance. Then a batch of rusty 14500’s I had to bin. Reported to Sofirn who never bothered to respond or offer compensation…I bought 200 of them :/

I’m a dealer for Sofirn, but refuse to bundle their batteries. I rate all flashlights in my store with my own tested lumens, and I like to bundle a battery that achieves my lumen result. I find it a bit deceiving advertising a model at 3000 lumens and then bundling a battery that can only output 2000. This is the case with Sofirn’s batteries

The re-wrapped PLB 26650 Sofirn now sell is very decent though. I had been using this model way before Sofirn got their hands on them

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2217
Location: New Zealand
Bort wrote:
According to GhostJoe
GhostJoe wrote:
And their UV light uses the same emitter in sofirn Sp31uv. It is better than nothing but significantly worse than Convoy S2+ with Nichia 365nm in my comparison.

Nah, I bet his S2+ had a ZWB2 filter installed which filters out non 365nm light. Makes a world of difference

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 8338
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight
Funtastic wrote:
Bort wrote:
According to GhostJoe
GhostJoe wrote:
And their UV light uses the same emitter in sofirn Sp31uv. It is better than nothing but significantly worse than Convoy S2+ with Nichia 365nm in my comparison.

Nah, I bet his S2+ had a ZWB2 filter installed which filters out non 365nm light. Makes a world of difference


I have been meaning to look into a filter.
I ordered the WK30 yesterday and they shipped it today so i should get it in 1-2 months. Is it a good UV emitter?

I don’t know what filter to look for or where to buy it (being in Canada).

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

 

 

GhostJoe
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 05/07/2021 - 10:14
Posts: 104
Location: US
Funtastic wrote:
Bort wrote:
According to GhostJoe
GhostJoe wrote:
And their UV light uses the same emitter in sofirn Sp31uv. It is better than nothing but significantly worse than Convoy S2+ with Nichia 365nm in my comparison.

Nah, I bet his S2+ had a ZWB2 filter installed which filters out non 365nm light. Makes a world of difference

No, I compared WK30 with S2+ w/o ZWB2 filter and found huge difference

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2217
Location: New Zealand

Doubt you’d be able to find a filter for the WK30 with how it’s designed without blocking out the other two emitters.

I used to use the same LED in the S2+ which was fine, but every LED looks kind of useless without the filter installed.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2217
Location: New Zealand
GhostJoe wrote:
No, I compared WK30 with S2+ w/o ZWB2 filter and found huge difference

The WK30 used to use a 395nm version, can you confirm whether it was the new 365nm?

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

GhostJoe
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 05/07/2021 - 10:14
Posts: 104
Location: US
Bort wrote:
Funtastic wrote:
Bort wrote:
According to GhostJoe
GhostJoe wrote:
And their UV light uses the same emitter in sofirn Sp31uv. It is better than nothing but significantly worse than Convoy S2+ with Nichia 365nm in my comparison.

Nah, I bet his S2+ had a ZWB2 filter installed which filters out non 365nm light. Makes a world of difference


I have been meaning to look into a filter.
I ordered the WK30 yesterday and they shipped it today so i should get it in 1-2 months. Is it a good UV emitter?

I don’t know what filter to look for or where to buy it (being in Canada).

Initially I have the same intention like you – ordered wk30 as my only uv light as I thought I won’t use it often. After playing around for a few days I felt unsatisfied and then ordered S2+. I think it is still a good uv light, but saw huge difference after testing both in bathroom. After that I ordered ZWB filter for S2+ (you cannot add zwb filter for wk30). The wk30 I received obviously has a different emitter than pictures posted on wk30 review threads here but I later found it is the exact same one used in sofirn sp31uv (no surprise) so believe it is still a 365nm emitter. The S2+ Nichia 365 I bought is the upgraded version with 7135×3 and Zeroair has a test review on it. To be frankly, I think you will eventually buy a S2+ if you are interested in a uv light. I actually like wk30 – it is a good light, 351 emitter has very neutral white light w/o any noticeable green tint. It is also very floody and red light is a big plus.

GhostJoe
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 05/07/2021 - 10:14
Posts: 104
Location: US
Funtastic wrote:
GhostJoe wrote:
No, I compared WK30 with S2+ w/o ZWB2 filter and found huge difference

The WK30 used to use a 395nm version, can you confirm whether it was the new 365nm?

Yes I believe it is a 365nm emitter, 395nm emitter has lots more visible light and all 2021 wk30s should be 365nm (mine was manufactured in early 2021 according to serial no ). The one I received has the same emitter in sp31uv tested by davestechreviews, but it is different from wk30 review thread posted on BLF.

GhostJoe
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 05/07/2021 - 10:14
Posts: 104
Location: US
Funtastic wrote:
darosk wrote:
Sofirn batteries are good. Not great or amazing, but perfectly serviceable for daily use. I’ve been buying/using their lights for years, and have heard 0 negative reports specifically to do with their batteries..

Then you’ve clearly missed my posts on them.

While they aren’t dangerous and work okay, the QC could be better. Received 100pcs 18650 with spot welded button tops barely welded on causing very poor performance. Then a batch of rusty 14500’s I had to bin. Reported to Sofirn who never bothered to respond or offer compensation…I bought 200 of them :/

I’m a dealer for Sofirn, but refuse to bundle their batteries. I rate all flashlights in my store with my own tested lumens, and I like to bundle a battery that achieves my lumen result. I find it a bit deceiving advertising a model at 3000 lumens and then bundling a battery that can only output 2000. This is the case with Sofirn’s batteries

The re-wrapped PLB 26650 Sofirn now sell is very decent though. I had been using this model way before Sofirn got their hands on them

Yeah these DLG 18650 batteries are dirty cheap so I guess it is the reason why sofirn re-wrapped them. I do see a few has high internal resistance on my vapcell s4+ so obviously QC could be an issue. Other Chinese branded cells like LISHEN have the similar issue. I remember seeing a report saying that the QC failure rate of these Chinese cells is much higher comparing with major brands.

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2217
Location: New Zealand
GhostJoe wrote:
I do see a few has high internal resistance on my vapcell s4+ so obviously QC could be an issue. Other Chinese branded cells like LISHEN have the similar issue. I remember seeing a report saying that the QC failure rate of these Chinese cells is much higher comparing with major brands.

Resistance is never accurate on a charger though, you’d need something like this

I found the Sofirn 21700 5000mAh (Lishen LR2170SD) to be excellent, I reviewed it here I ended up purchasing 100pcs of these from 18650batterystore.

Can’t really expect China cells to match the same QC when they’re priced so much cheaper. They’re decent for what they are, I just wish Sofirn gave the option to bundle Samsung, Panasonic etc.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15873
Location: nyc

The older 395nm LED did have visible light “leakage”, but it was bluish/purplish, not too obtrusive.

The newer 365nm LED, which I don’t have in the WK30, but presumably in the SP31UV, which I do have, has an eerie greenish tint to its visible leakage.

The ’31 is a nice UV thrower if you want to spot scorpions, etc., before they’re actually crawling all over you, but it’s in desperate need of a ZWB2 filter. My old/original WK30 is perfectly usable without any filter.

That said, the UV S2+ with ZWB2 filter is the sangraal of UV lights.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 8338
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

Lightbringer wrote:
That said, the UV S2+ with ZWB2 filter is the sangraal of UV lights.

Bah, nobody would tell me this before i bought the wrong light…

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

 

 

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15873
Location: nyc

Ummm, did you ask? Silly

 

You’ll be happy with the ’30.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 8338
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

Lightbringer wrote:
Ummm, did you ask? Silly

 

You’ll be happy with the ’30.


Yes, it was highly recommended
https://budgetlightforum.com/node/77775

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

 

 

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 44 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2217
Location: New Zealand

There’s a couple posts on the first page recommending the Convoy S2 UV with the ZWB2 filter

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 8338
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

Funtastic wrote:
There’s a couple posts on the first page recommending the Convoy S2 UV with the ZWB2 filter

Indeed, i didn’t know until this thread that it was a better UV chip, just that it was another option.
Can that filter be bought as a large piece i can put over the light for the WK30?

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

 

 

Pages