【convoy】S21E TYPE-C 21700 flashlight available

8426 posts / 0 new
Last post
Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1718
Location: China,Dong guan
LunaLoves wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
S21D with 12A FET driver on sale now S21D S21D with battery

Is it possible to buy the TIR lenses and the driver separately?

i can send some TIR lenses to your for free, just note this in the remarks.
About the 12A FET driver, The manufacturer didn’t want me to sell this driver. You can consider the new version of 8A 12 groups driver.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1718
Location: China,Dong guan
Azirine wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
S21D with 12A FET driver on sale now S21D S21D with battery

Can we get beamshots of the different optics?


OK, I’ll take some time to take some pictures.
Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1718
Location: China,Dong guan
lg.tech wrote:
@Simon, any idea when the SFT40 5000-5700K and the new 17mm 6V boost driver will be available?

LUMINUS may not produce 5000-5700k sft40,
I got 17mm 6V 4A driver sample , But I’m not sure which LED to apply it to, what about XHP50.3 HI ?

lordlupulin
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 06/14/2021 - 20:26
Posts: 37
Location: SD, CA USA

17mm 6V 4A 12group could be set to 50% group and used with B35? Or make a 3A version?

lordlupulin
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 06/14/2021 - 20:26
Posts: 37
Location: SD, CA USA

Or drill out a reflector and put XHP70.3 in a S2+/S3!

lg.tech
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2020 - 17:10
Posts: 84
Location: Recife
Simon Mao wrote:
lg.tech wrote:
@Simon, any idea when the SFT40 5000-5700K and the new 17mm 6V boost driver will be available?

LUMINUS may not produce 5000-5700k sft40,
I got 17mm 6V 4A driver sample , But I’m not sure which LED to apply it to, what about XHP50.3 HI ?


Too bad about Luminus not producing the SFT40 in lower CCT’s.

As for the 17mm 6V 4A driver (12 modes). The XHP 50.3 HI is exactly what I intend to use, in 5000K with OP reflector. Essentially, that’s my build plan for my upcoming S2+ MAO or Ti in 18350! If I could get that already built by you that would be supper! Cool

lg.tech
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2020 - 17:10
Posts: 84
Location: Recife

I just looked at the S3 and noticed the new batch also has rectangular threads… Simon, can we use the 18350 rectangular thread tubes from the S2+ with the new batch S3?

tactical_grizzly
tactical_grizzly's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 56 min ago
Joined: 11/08/2020 - 14:54
Posts: 751
Location: North Texas
Simon Mao wrote:
lg.tech wrote:
@Simon, any idea when the SFT40 5000-5700K and the new 17mm 6V boost driver will be available?

LUMINUS may not produce 5000-5700k sft40,
I got 17mm 6V 4A driver sample , But I’m not sure which LED to apply it to, what about XHP50.3 HI ?

I think XHP50.3-HI is an excellent choice. Will you stock it in multiple CCT’s? I would love to install it in a C8+ in 4000K.

Liveinthelight
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 15 hours ago
Joined: 08/29/2021 - 00:56
Posts: 14
Location: SINGAPORE

Does it mean that the S21d running the 12A driver will be hotter than the 8A previously?

buck91
buck91's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 07/29/2016 - 08:21
Posts: 776
Location: Michigan

When do we expect the 8A buck driver to be in stock?

dmsoule
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 08/27/2016 - 20:14
Posts: 254
Location: MN USA

Agreed, xhp50.3 HI would be a great choice, especially if some warmer color temps will be available.

Simon Mao wrote:
lg.tech wrote:
@Simon, any idea when the SFT40 5000-5700K and the new 17mm 6V boost driver will be available?

LUMINUS may not produce 5000-5700k sft40,
I got 17mm 6V 4A driver sample , But I’m not sure which LED to apply it to, what about XHP50.3 HI ?

Correllux
Correllux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2019 - 22:23
Posts: 1522
Location: USA
Simon, do you know what the coating thickness is on the MAO finish for your lights?

Also, have you noticed or tested thermal performance with the MAO? I’m reading that it can drastically lower thermal conductivity compared to anodizing depending on the thickness and the type of alloy. Of course it’s on the outside from where the heat is generated but just curious.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1718
Location: China,Dong guan
lordlupulin wrote:
17mm 6V 4A 12group could be set to 50% group and used with B35? Or make a 3A version?

If you need a 17mm B35AM driver, I can produce a 17mm 6V 2.2A dedicated driver.
It is more dangerous to use a 4A drive.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1718
Location: China,Dong guan
lg.tech wrote:
I just looked at the S3 and noticed the new batch also has rectangular threads… Simon, can we use the 18350 rectangular thread tubes from the S2+ with the new batch S3?

yes, thread is suitable ,but the S3 is a little blunish ,the S2+ 18350 tube is a little greenish

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1718
Location: China,Dong guan
tactical_grizzly wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
lg.tech wrote:
@Simon, any idea when the SFT40 5000-5700K and the new 17mm 6V boost driver will be available?

LUMINUS may not produce 5000-5700k sft40,
I got 17mm 6V 4A driver sample , But I’m not sure which LED to apply it to, what about XHP50.3 HI ?

I think XHP50.3-HI is an excellent choice. Will you stock it in multiple CCT’s? I would love to install it in a C8+ in 4000K.

I don’t know why XHP50.3 XHP70.3 has been on the market for so long, but we can only buy white light.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1718
Location: China,Dong guan
Liveinthelight wrote:
Does it mean that the S21d running the 12A driver will be hotter than the 8A previously?

no ,Affected by voltage and internal resistance, as well as temperature control, the current actually drops very quickly.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1718
Location: China,Dong guan
buck91 wrote:
When do we expect the 8A buck driver to be in stock?

About one month ,and new version has spring.

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1718
Location: China,Dong guan

Correllux wrote:
Simon, do you know what the coating thickness is on the MAO finish for your lights?

Also, have you noticed or tested thermal performance with the MAO? I’m reading that it can drastically lower thermal conductivity compared to anodizing depending on the thickness and the type of alloy. Of course it’s on the outside from where the heat is generated but just curious.

Thickness 15-25 microns, hardness about HV400

PyriteParachute
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 07/28/2021 - 00:29
Posts: 111
Location: Southwest USA
Simon Mao wrote:
lg.tech wrote:
@Simon, any idea when the SFT40 5000-5700K and the new 17mm 6V boost driver will be available?

LUMINUS may not produce 5000-5700k sft40,
I got 17mm 6V 4A driver sample , But I’m not sure which LED to apply it to, what about XHP50.3 HI ?

I’d be interested in lights with 90 cri versions, if available.

Correllux
Correllux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 04/27/2019 - 22:23
Posts: 1522
Location: USA

Simon Mao wrote:
Correllux wrote:
Simon, do you know what the coating thickness is on the MAO finish for your lights?

Also, have you noticed or tested thermal performance with the MAO? I’m reading that it can drastically lower thermal conductivity compared to anodizing depending on the thickness and the type of alloy. Of course it’s on the outside from where the heat is generated but just curious.

Thickness 15-25 microns, hardness about HV400

Those look like numbers for type III hard anodizing instead of the MAO. Is that correct? I guess the thickness can vary but looks like the standard is from 25 up to 150. HV seems to be 600 on the low end up to around 1400.

Sari33
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 21 hours ago
Joined: 07/17/2019 - 05:43
Posts: 539
Location: EU
LunaLoves wrote:
thefreeman wrote:
Haukkeli wrote:
I also like S3 more. To my eye it seems to have even little bit better quality than S2+. Sad there’s only two colors available.

I wonder why it hasn’t replaced the S2+, isn’t a shelf design much better than a pill ? Better thermal conduction to the body, lighter, no brass pill to manufacture (lower cost ?), and with only one retaining ring (no pill retaining ring) there would be no need for reduced driver diameter, so it could be 21mm instead of 17mm, which would simplify greatly the development of a boost driver. Unfortunately it’s still reduced on the S3 (17mm).

The S2+/S21A is nicer to mod due to the pill design which can be screwed in a bit more or less when you modify the reflector

When I need try different Tir lenses I prefer have host with unscrewable head and integrated shelf similar T2 design.
(I would like if the mcpcb where even more raised to facilitate Led slicing)
The advantages are quick easy Tir Lens change, Led access and more space for larger drivers
than host pill based like S2+ where are necessary more operations and time.
Simon there will be a T2 style light 18650/350 compatible with threads and TIR lens used on S2+?
I don’t consider S3 for their recessed Led inside the head,a bit difficult for modding
Flasher64
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/29/2020 - 06:26
Posts: 5
Location: Belarus

Simon Mao wrote:

About the 12A FET driver, The manufacturer didn’t want me to sell this driver. You can consider the new version of 8A 12 groups driver.

Sorry, don’t understand this point. So, currently, Aliexpress has only 12FET+… options available. You say you’re not gonna sell 12FET, so, what does this option actually means then? 8A FET? 8A CC?
snfx
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 05/23/2022 - 04:18
Posts: 23
Location: United States
Flasher64 wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
About the 12A FET driver, The manufacturer didn’t want me to sell this driver. You can consider the new version of 8A 12 groups driver.
Sorry, don’t understand this point. So, currently, Aliexpress has only 12FET+… options available. You say you’re not gonna sell 12FET, so, what does this option actually means then? 8A FET? 8A CC?

I believe another user was asking to buy the parts separately instead of the whole complete light

lg.tech
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 05/19/2020 - 17:10
Posts: 84
Location: Recife
Simon Mao wrote:
lg.tech wrote:
I just looked at the S3 and noticed the new batch also has rectangular threads… Simon, can we use the 18350 rectangular thread tubes from the S2+ with the new batch S3?

yes, thread is suitable ,but the S3 is a little blunish ,the S2+ 18350 tube is a little greenish
!https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52168917448_a0ae72e131_b.jpg!


Awesome, I’m not really so worried about matching colors, I can actually just use a different color for the 18350 tube.
Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1718
Location: China,Dong guan
Flasher64 wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
About the 12A FET driver, The manufacturer didn’t want me to sell this driver. You can consider the new version of 8A 12 groups driver.
Sorry, don’t understand this point. So, currently, Aliexpress has only 12FET+… options available. You say you’re not gonna sell 12FET, so, what does this option actually means then? 8A FET? 8A CC?

i mean ,i can install 12A fet driver in flashlights ,but i am not allowed to sell the driver seperately

lordlupulin
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 06/14/2021 - 20:26
Posts: 37
Location: SD, CA USA
Simon Mao wrote:
lordlupulin wrote:
17mm 6V 4A 12group could be set to 50% group and used with B35? Or make a 3A version?

If you need a 17mm B35AM driver, I can produce a 17mm 6V 2.2A dedicated driver.
It is more dangerous to use a 4A drive.

Yes Please!!!!

Azirine
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2021 - 22:59
Posts: 127
Simon Mao wrote:
Liveinthelight wrote:
Does it mean that the S21d running the 12A driver will be hotter than the 8A previously?

no ,Affected by voltage and internal resistance, as well as temperature control, the current actually drops very quickly.

Is 8A buck and 12A linear? So 8A more efficiency?

flightless22
flightless22's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 11/19/2018 - 12:07
Posts: 737
Location: California
Simon Mao wrote:
lordlupulin wrote:
17mm 6V 4A 12group could be set to 50% group and used with B35? Or make a 3A version?

If you need a 17mm B35AM driver, I can produce a 17mm 6V 2.2A dedicated driver.
It is more dangerous to use a 4A drive.

Lot of people would be interesting in this. Big Smile

Is it possible to use the same 17mm driver but adapt it for 3V and 12V as well?

CollectEverything
CollectEverything's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 07/17/2021 - 00:19
Posts: 851
Location: USA

Simon, have the L6 and L7 models been discontinued? I opened the L Series section of your store and only saw the L8 today.

------------------

My Collection

------------------

Simon Mao
Simon Mao's picture
Offline
Last seen: 15 hours 17 min ago
Joined: 12/06/2018 - 23:44
Posts: 1718
Location: China,Dong guan
Azirine wrote:
Simon Mao wrote:
Liveinthelight wrote:
Does it mean that the S21d running the 12A driver will be hotter than the 8A previously?

no ,Affected by voltage and internal resistance, as well as temperature control, the current actually drops very quickly.

Is 8A buck and 12A linear? So 8A more efficiency?

yes, 8A drive efficiency above 90%

Pages