What is NITECORE EC25 working voltage?

19 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tiberius1
Offline
Last seen: 9 years 7 months ago
Joined: 01/14/2013 - 16:49
Posts: 5
Location: Vancouver
What is NITECORE EC25 working voltage?

What battery is better for NITECORE EC25. I am choosing between Panasonic 3400mAH and Sanyo 2600mAh.
Sanyo 2600mAh has more capacity from 4.2V to 3.6 volts. Panasonic 3400mAH has more capacity from 4.2V to 2.5 Volts.
Does NITECORE EC25 work between 2.5 V-3.6 V ?

thijsco19
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2012 - 16:18
Posts: 1387
Location: Nearby Rotterdam, the Netherlands

Just to be short, Yes.

I would buy the panasonic, they have much more power in them.
I really dont know what you mean with, “Sanyo 2600mAh has more capacity from 4.2V to 3.6 volts. Panasonic 3400mAH has more capacity from 4.2V to 2.5 Volts.”

Ouchyfoot
Ouchyfoot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 09/01/2012 - 06:15
Posts: 5089
Location: Canada

To get full 2600mA capacity from Sanyo 2600 they need to be charged to 4.3v.

Tiberius1
Offline
Last seen: 9 years 7 months ago
Joined: 01/14/2013 - 16:49
Posts: 5
Location: Vancouver

I ordered Panasonic, so I will see. When you discharge Sanyo, it has more capacity from 4.2V to 3.6 volts. Thanh it dies.
Panasonic has less capacity, when you discharge it from 4.2V to 3.6 volts, but then it didn’t die and you can continue discharge it to 2.5 volts.

thijsco19
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 5 min ago
Joined: 12/14/2012 - 16:18
Posts: 1387
Location: Nearby Rotterdam, the Netherlands

Tiberius1 wrote:
I ordered Panasonic, so I will see. When you discharge Sanyo, it has more capacity from 4.2V to 3.6 volts. Thanh it dies.
Panasonic has less capacity, when you discharge it from 4.2V to 3.6 volts, but then it didn’t die and you can continue discharge it to 2.5 volts.

Most of the lights, and also the protection (if they are protected) PCB’s, will discharge the 18650 down to some what around 3 volts or lower.
Shadowww
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 22 hours ago
Joined: 01/20/2012 - 19:09
Posts: 1343
Location: Northern Europe

Ouchyfoot wrote:
To get full 2600mA capacity from Sanyo 2600 they need to be charged to 4.3v.

Err, no. 2600mAh Sanyo cell has 4.2V charge voltage. It’s the 2800mAh one that needs 4.3V.
Tiberius1
Offline
Last seen: 9 years 7 months ago
Joined: 01/14/2013 - 16:49
Posts: 5
Location: Vancouver
I have received NITECORE EC25, so I can answer my own question. I ran some test and I discharged it to 3.3 Volts and NITECORE EC25 still works. Panasonic battery is better choice. Second reason for Panasonic battery is, that the power indicator will blink once every two seconds when power levels reach 50%. It happens when it has about 3.8 Volts and some batteries have much less remaining energy then 50%, but Panasonic battery has plenty of energy bellow 3.8 Volts. So, Panasonic 3400mAH is a must think for NITECORE EC25.
picrthis
picrthis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 06:46
Posts: 602
Location: USA

Hello,
I’m having an issue with my newly purchased Nitecore EC25W. I’ve tried 4 different brands, freshly charged 18650’s and the blue led is flashing continously indicating my battery is low. They measure 4.18 ~ 4.20 off of my charger. The light itself shows them @ 4.2 when I first install them. The light will once in-a-while let me cycle through most of the modes, but usually only allows me to use one mode. I bought some Panasonic CR123A’s and the light works just fine with them.

Fenix TK12, TK15, TK21-U2, TK61, TK75 Olight M20S, M21<span style="color: #0000ff;"

picrthis
picrthis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 06:46
Posts: 602
Location: USA

I bought the Panasonic 3400mAH specifically to use on the EC25, it just came in today and is currently on the charger, waiting to see if this solves the issues I’m having with my EC25……if not the EC25 is going back to the Dealer.

Fenix TK12, TK15, TK21-U2, TK61, TK75 Olight M20S, M21<span style="color: #0000ff;"

FlashlightDude
FlashlightDude's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/27/2013 - 14:55
Posts: 170
Location: New England

Why not the 3100 mAh from Nitecore?

I am using it with my EC 25.

picrthis
picrthis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 06:46
Posts: 602
Location: USA

FlashlightDude wrote:
Why not the 3100 mAh from Nitecore?

I am using it with my EC 25.


Is your light working correctly? I’m running out of different brand batteries to try, this will be the 6th brand I tried. Frankly I’m believing it’s the light……after all those same 18650’s work flawlessly in numerous other lights I have including the TM11 & TM26, Zebra SC600, Fenix, Eagletac etc. I have already read on CPF others tried that battery and same results as mine. I can guarantee you nitecore didn’t make that battery in the first place. I’ve collecting lights for the better of 10 years and I’m not aware of any light that REQUIRES a specific brand only, for the light to actually work as advertised……the Dealer has been of NO help with-so-ever.

Fenix TK12, TK15, TK21-U2, TK61, TK75 Olight M20S, M21<span style="color: #0000ff;"

FlashlightDude
FlashlightDude's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/27/2013 - 14:55
Posts: 170
Location: New England

picrthis wrote:
FlashlightDude wrote:
Why not the 3100 mAh from Nitecore?

I am using it with my EC 25.


Is your light working correctly? I’m running out of different brand batteries to try, this will be the 6th brand I tried. Frankly I’m believing it’s the light……after all those same 18650’s work flawlessly in numerous other lights I have including the TM11 & TM26, Zebra SC600, Fenix, Eagletac etc. I have already read on CPF others tried that battery and same results as mine. I can guarantee you nitecore didn’t make that battery in the first place. I’ve collecting lights for the better of 10 years and I’m not aware of any light that REQUIRES a specific brand only, for the light to actually work as advertised……the Dealer has been of NO help with-so-ever.

I have two EC 25s and both have been flawless, but I switched to using only Nitecore batteries. I have had too many issues with ebay batteries. I read that someone recommended using the branded batteries, even for the sake of the warranty. I think it is good advice. I realize that Nitecore may not have made the battery, but its design was likely specific. The EC 25 is close to perfect in so many ways…why not give it a try? I have been won over by the quality of Nitecore.

picrthis
picrthis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 06:46
Posts: 602
Location: USA

FlashlightDude wrote:
picrthis wrote:
FlashlightDude wrote:
Why not the 3100 mAh from Nitecore?

I am using it with my EC 25.


Is your light working correctly? I’m running out of different brand batteries to try, this will be the 6th brand I tried. Frankly I’m believing it’s the light……after all those same 18650’s work flawlessly in numerous other lights I have including the TM11 & TM26, Zebra SC600, Fenix, Eagletac etc. I have already read on CPF others tried that battery and same results as mine. I can guarantee you nitecore didn’t make that battery in the first place. I’ve collecting lights for the better of 10 years and I’m not aware of any light that REQUIRES a specific brand only, for the light to actually work as advertised……the Dealer has been of NO help with-so-ever.

I have two EC 25s and both have been flawless, but I switched to using only Nitecore batteries. I have had too many issues with ebay batteries. I read that someone recommended using the branded batteries, even for the sake of the warranty. I think it is good advice. I realize that Nitecore may not have made the battery, but its design was likely specific. The EC 25 is close to perfect in so many ways…why not give it a try? I have been won over by the quality of Nitecore.


The Panasonic battery is what the nitecore 18650 is actually, so in reality I’m using one already Smile I have a EC25 CW that will be here on Monday and I plan to use the same batteries to compare. I actually already had the EC25 CW in routed before I discovered the issue with the EC25W, so we will see; as it stands right now the EC25W will go back to them.

Fenix TK12, TK15, TK21-U2, TK61, TK75 Olight M20S, M21<span style="color: #0000ff;"

picrthis
picrthis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 06:46
Posts: 602
Location: USA

cat eyes wrote:
who is the evil light dealer ?

Not ready to call him out on it yet, as maybe he’s just to busy with sales to answer questions. Orbtronics is 5mins away from me but they don’t carry the nitecore 18650, for argument sake I would get one; but I think it’s pointless, waiting to see what happens with mondays light and using the brand name of Panasonic 3400 18650 with it and/or Xtar’s which are Sanyo’s.

Fenix TK12, TK15, TK21-U2, TK61, TK75 Olight M20S, M21<span style="color: #0000ff;"

FlashlightDude
FlashlightDude's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/27/2013 - 14:55
Posts: 170
Location: New England
picrthis wrote:
cat eyes wrote:
who is the evil light dealer ?
Not ready to call him out on it yet, as maybe he’s just to busy with sales to answer questions. Orbtronics is 5mins away from me but they don’t carry the nitecore 18650, for argument sake I would get one; but I think it’s pointless, waiting to see what happens with mondays light and using the brand name of Panasonic 3400 18650 with it and/or Xtar’s which are Sanyo’s.

Smart call. I like to give the benefit of doubt plus a bit patience on top of it. I apologize for not knowing more about the battery issue, I am not long into 18650 batteries, though I was a flashaholic from childhood and just didn’t know it.

Gulliverfoyle
Gulliverfoyle's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 11/25/2012 - 08:29
Posts: 18
Location: NJ

I have an EC25CW and have had no problems feeding it Trustfire 18650 (both genuine and fake) and Nitecore 2400mah and Nitecore 2600mah cells. I have run it hard on 4 different cells, just yesterday hunting down a leak in my basement for example, 45 minutes between mid, high and turbo, with no incidents at all. I run through all the modes with no problems. Your problem really sounds like a faulty light.

RIX TUX
RIX TUX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 10/30/2012 - 23:08
Posts: 315
Location: U♛S♛A

just received the ec25 and a couple of the nitecore 2600 mah batteries.
No problems so far.
Great light-I like it.
I am using a generic charger with an output of 600 mah, anybody know the time it should take to charge the battery up?

picrthis
picrthis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 06:46
Posts: 602
Location: USA

Gulliverfoyle wrote:
I have an EC25CW and have had no problems feeding it Trustfire 18650 (both genuine and fake) and Nitecore 2400mah and Nitecore 2600mah cells. I have run it hard on 4 different cells, just yesterday hunting down a leak in my basement for example, 45 minutes between mid, high and turbo, with no incidents at all. I run through all the modes with no problems. Your problem really sounds like a faulty light.

Thank you for chiming in, I also have the geniune trustfires and while the work flawlessly in the TM11, TM26, KING, 4Sevens, and EagleTac…..not so with the EC25W, I can hardly wait for the EC25 CW to arrive on monday to see what happens. Strange thing is 2 other people of cpf have the same issues I have and also got their lights from te same exact dealer and they even tried nitecore 2600’s :~

Fenix TK12, TK15, TK21-U2, TK61, TK75 Olight M20S, M21<span style="color: #0000ff;"

picrthis
picrthis's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 7 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 06:46
Posts: 602
Location: USA

So my Nitecore EC25 CW arrived and I’m happy to report that so far it is working flawlessly on any 18650 that I put in it; panasonic, sanyo, lg, aw, trustfire….. :bigsmile:

The EC25W is now on the way back to the Dealer I purchased it from for a replacement and/or refund depending on what they say upon reciept of it. If they agree with me that it’s defective, I’ll let them replace it, otherwise a refund is in order then; balls in their court now. :~

I wanted both a CW & NW, so I’ll order the NW from someone else if it doesn’t work out with them, we’ll see….

Fenix TK12, TK15, TK21-U2, TK61, TK75 Olight M20S, M21<span style="color: #0000ff;"