Get the Convoy C8 AK47 from Banggood (8*7135)

231 posts / 0 new
Last post
saypat
saypat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 21 hours ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 20:32
Posts: 3580
Location: Calif
oldman777 wrote:
Hikelite wrote:

Fern wrote:
What’s the difference between the default U2-1B and the U2-1A option? Apart from the + $1 Wink

1B really greenish, 1A bluish

In addition to tint, U2-1A is a newer emitter – XM-L2, and about 12% brighter than XML U2-1B.

If you need the really brightest light, the order: XM-L2 U2-1A.

Enuf already, you’re going to cause me to buy this light, and I already have (3) other C8s!

oldman777
oldman777's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/04/2013 - 12:01
Posts: 87
Location: Moscow, RU
saypat wrote:
oldman777 wrote:
Hikelite wrote:

Fern wrote:
What’s the difference between the default U2-1B and the U2-1A option? Apart from the + $1 Wink

1B really greenish, 1A bluish

In addition to tint, U2-1A is a newer emitter – XM-L2, and about 12% brighter than XML U2-1B.

If you need the really brightest light, the order: XM-L2 U2-1A.

Enuf already, you’re going to cause me to buy this light, and I already have (3) other C8s!

I have a really bad English, and I totally agree with Rusty here :

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/27531#comment-519588

I already had a couple of C8, but after this Light, the C8 issue completely closed for me.

Fern
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 hours ago
Joined: 09/13/2011 - 04:29
Posts: 198
Location: New Zealand
oldman777 wrote:
Hikelite wrote:

Fern wrote:
What’s the difference between the default U2-1B and the U2-1A option? Apart from the + $1 Wink

1B really greenish, 1A bluish

In addition to tint, U2-1A is a newer emitter – XM-L2, and about 12% brighter than XML U2-1B.

If you need the really brightest light, the order: XM-L2 U2-1A.

Thanks perhaps I should have worded my question more explicitly. I meant the difference in tint so sorry if that wasn’t clear Smile

I ordered a couple of these with the XM-L 2 emitter. I wonder if there is a way to physically identify these emitters and thus confirm we are receiving the real deal.

oldman777
oldman777's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/04/2013 - 12:01
Posts: 87
Location: Moscow, RU
Fern wrote:
oldman777 wrote:
Hikelite wrote:

Fern wrote:
What’s the difference between the default U2-1B and the U2-1A option? Apart from the + $1 Wink

1B really greenish, 1A bluish

In addition to tint, U2-1A is a newer emitter – XM-L2, and about 12% brighter than XML U2-1B.

If you need the really brightest light, the order: U2-1A.

Thanks perhaps I should have worded my question more explicitly. I meant the difference in tint so sorry if that wasn’t clear Smile

I ordered a couple of these with the XM-L 2 emitter. I wonder if there is a way to physically identify these emitters and thus confirm we are receiving the real deal.

XM-L with 6 yellow strips and 3 brass bonding wires, XM-L2 – two brass and without yellow strips.

Here is clearly visible:

http://flashlightwiki.com/Cree

Fern
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 hours ago
Joined: 09/13/2011 - 04:29
Posts: 198
Location: New Zealand

oldman777 wrote:
XM-L with 6 yellow strips and 3 brass bonding wires, XM-L2 – two brass and without yellow strips.

Here is clearly visible:

http://flashlightwiki.com/Cree

Excellent, thanks.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland

oldman777 wrote:
Fern wrote:
oldman777 wrote:
Hikelite wrote:

Fern wrote:
What's the difference between the default U2-1B and the U2-1A option? Apart from the + $1 ;)

1B really greenish, 1A bluish

In addition to tint, U2-1A is a newer emitter - XM-L2, and about 12% brighter than XML U2-1B. If you need the really brightest light, the order: U2-1A.
Thanks perhaps I should have worded my question more explicitly. I meant the difference in tint so sorry if that wasn't clear Smile I ordered a couple of these with the XM-L 2 emitter. I wonder if there is a way to physically identify these emitters and thus confirm we are receiving the real deal.
XM-L with 6 yellow strips and 3 brass bonding wires, XM-L2 - two brass and without yellow strips. Here is clearly visible: http://flashlightwiki.com/Cree[/quote]

Now on the subject of 3 brass wires, is there any spec sheet where it says those are brass wires?

I do not see any company using brass wires due to the fact copper is standard and is generally plated weather gold or tin, etc, like the majority of SMD components. Not to even mention that brass is way behind copper in therms of resistance.

oldman777
oldman777's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/04/2013 - 12:01
Posts: 87
Location: Moscow, RU
Hikelite wrote:

oldman777 wrote:
Fern wrote:
oldman777 wrote:
Hikelite wrote:

Fern wrote:
What’s the difference between the default U2-1B and the U2-1A option? Apart from the + $1 Wink

1B really greenish, 1A bluish

In addition to tint, U2-1A is a newer emitter – XM-L2, and about 12% brighter than XML U2-1B. If you need the really brightest light, the order: U2-1A.
Thanks perhaps I should have worded my question more explicitly. I meant the difference in tint so sorry if that wasn’t clear Smile I ordered a couple of these with the XM-L 2 emitter. I wonder if there is a way to physically identify these emitters and thus confirm we are receiving the real deal.
XM-L with 6 yellow strips and 3 brass bonding wires, XM-L2 – two brass and without yellow strips. Here is clearly visible: http://flashlightwiki.com/Cree

Now on the subject of 3 brass wires, is there any spec sheet where it says those are brass wires?

I do not see any company using brass wires due to the fact copper is standard and is generally plated weather gold or tin, etc, like the majority of SMD components. Not to even mention that brass is way behind copper in therms of resistance.

Agree. I just copied the inscription under the photo here:

http://flashlightwiki.com/Cree

Perhaps brass meant color. Not material.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland

oldman777, I know the info is from that link.

Billy X
Billy X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago
Joined: 02/03/2013 - 05:50
Posts: 557
Location: South of France

p. I’ve spotted a way to tell first and second generation XML’s,XPG’S and XPE’s apart that no one seems to mention.First gens have

2 quite obvious squares on one side,gen 2’s don’t.It’s even visible in chinese site photos.Sometimes they’re not visible if the

reflector or centering ring is really tight to the dome,so the other checks come in.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland

Yes that is so, but the fact that the square bases of the LEDs are not green but silvery, is the easiest way to tell difference.

 

This "XM-L2 1A" and "XM-L U2" style that I see at some Chinse sellers is just ridiculous, one tell the emitter generation and tint one tell the emitter generation and brightness bin. It is possible that some of them believe 1A is brighter than 1D or something like that, which only tells the tint.

Sirius9
Sirius9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 03/04/2012 - 19:23
Posts: 4651
Location: South Europe

Billy X wrote:
p<>. p. I’ve spotted a way to tell first and second generation XML’s,XPG’S and XPE’s apart that no one seems to mention.First gens have

2 quite obvious squares on one side,gen 2’s don’t.It’s even visible in chinese site photos.Sometimes they’re not visible if the

reflector or centering ring is really tight to the dome,so the other checks come in.

Excelent job sir, well done. Somebody should give this man a medail Big Smile

 

oldman777
oldman777's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/04/2013 - 12:01
Posts: 87
Location: Moscow, RU

I ordered the Convoy C8 / 7135*8 / XM-L2 U2-1A / OP is here:

http://www.banggood.com/Convoy-C8-AK47-7135+8-8-Modes-White-Light-LED-Flahslight-p-908245.html

And received XM-L2 – silver base, without strips, two wires emitter.

Nbabu
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 days ago
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 10:52
Posts: 152
Location: Netherlands

Could not resist, just ordered one. Already got the Tangsfire C8 from Tmart coming this way, maybe nice to do a comparison.

“Trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons”

MoZuKa
MoZuKa's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 12/27/2013 - 00:14
Posts: 155
Location: Inside a cave in Borneo...
Nbabu wrote:
Could not resist, just ordered one. Already got the Tangsfire C8 from Tmart coming this way, maybe nice to do a comparison.

Me too waiting for both… 8)

May the light be with you…

OrionLight
OrionLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2013 - 08:47
Posts: 404

Looks like I joined the C8 club without even knowing. Silly I ordered this from FastTech two days ago – https://www.fasttech.com/p/1212403Convoy C8 Cree XM-L U2-1B AMC7135*8 version – and it shipped today. Did a quick Google search for this light on forums and found this light to come highly recommended by BLF members. I was just looking for a cheap yet durable 18650 light to play around with. Haha.

jps
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/18/2014 - 04:54
Posts: 53
Location: Europe

Guys, my Flashlight addiction has just started, checkout here, but it’s hitting me hard…

After reading this thread I ordered the C8 AK47 from BG on 7 january and received it today.
Already played with a SK68 clone (running on AA cells, waiting for 14500’s), so I was looking forward to compare the little one with the C8.

I quickly ripped open the envelope and was immediately impressed by the built quality of the C8. Very very nice & solid! Beautiful glow-in-the-dark ring in the front.

I grabbed a NCR18650B, put it in and pushed the button: Holy moley, it outshines the SK68 completely. Never expected this flood, C8 is a major league! Didn’t compare throw yet.

Already happy with this flashlight, though feeling the need to buy something even more impressive. Anyone recognizes this behavior? 0:)

My eye fell on this big baby: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/28077, or maybe someone recommends another, more impressive competitor (good bang/buck ratio)?

Nbabu
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 days ago
Joined: 10/04/2013 - 10:52
Posts: 152
Location: Netherlands

Jps, I can relate. I’ve got a simular situation right here. What are you looking for throw/flood? What batteries? Form an issue? What is your priority runtime/output?

Just received my Convoy C8 today and it’s a beauty. Just compared it to the Tangsfire it seems a little bit brighter. It also looks like it throws a bit further, which is strange cause the Tangsfire has a smooth reflector. But I’ll do a decent test tommorow when my new XP4 has charged my new panny 18650’s. Damn this hobby can be expansive, even though I’m buying the budget gear.

Quality wise it is also better compared to the Tangsfire. Threads are smoother and I like the annodizing better. It has more of a matt finish compared to the Tangsfire. All in all I like the Convoy more then the Tangsfire, it is a little higher priced, but worth it in my opinion.

“Trout are freshwater fish and have underwater weapons”

Omega_17
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 06/02/2013 - 16:56
Posts: 1096
Location: France
Quote:
I compared the OP and SMO reflector for this Convoy C8 (XM-L2). SMO little more thrower, but hotspot is much worse than OP.

I also have both SMO and OP Convoy reflector and I confirm ! SMO have ugly artefacts in the beam pattern, I have only seen this problem on convoy C8… The OP is so much better and produce a very smooth light but with slightly less throw.

If you want a beautiful light beam with good color rendition (+80 CRI) order XML2 T4 5B1 for Neutral White or XML2 T4-7A4 for Warm White from Simon at aliexpress Best C8 ever, it will make the 3C NW tint look ugly next to it.

phantom23
phantom23's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 09/26/2011 - 17:39
Posts: 879

7A4 and nice color? It’s not even yello, it’s basically orange. Pretty awful tint.

gitira6
gitira6's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 12/16/2013 - 18:41
Posts: 60
Location: northeast pa.
phantom23 wrote:
7A4 and nice color? It’s not even yello, it’s basically orange. Pretty awful tint.

having several lights with different tints, 1c is my favorite in an xml2.

Flomotion
Flomotion's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/02/2012 - 15:13
Posts: 1405
Location: Pacific Northwest
Omega_17 wrote:
Quote:
I compared the OP and SMO reflector for this Convoy C8 (XM-L2). SMO little more thrower, but hotspot is much worse than OP.

I also have both SMO and OP Convoy reflector and I confirm ! SMO have ugly artefacts in the beam pattern, I have only seen this problem on convoy C8… The OP is so much better and produce a very smooth light but with slightly less throw.

If you want a beautiful light beam with good color rendition (+80 CRI) order XML2 T4 5B1 for Neutral White or XML2 T4-7A4 for Warm White from Simon at aliexpress Best C8 ever, it will make the 3C NW tint look ugly next to it.

I went to the Website, and got Simon to email me back for the T4 5B1, but he wanted 19.97 for it. If left a note but I still paid 18.33 for it, could not figure out how to pay more, how does that work? Anyways, I left a note and PP account email and told me to bill me for the difference, or $1.75. So, I do not know what I am going to get???

Flomotion

MoZuKa
MoZuKa's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 12/27/2013 - 00:14
Posts: 155
Location: Inside a cave in Borneo...
MoZuKa wrote:
Nbabu wrote:
Could not resist, just ordered one. Already got the Tangsfire C8 from Tmart coming this way, maybe nice to do a comparison.

Me too waiting for both… 8)

Received my Tangsfire last week and the AK47 today :bigsmile: it disco light time tonight… Big Smile

May the light be with you…

MountainKing
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 18 hours ago
Joined: 12/01/2011 - 03:20
Posts: 2276
Location: Lost Islands ™

wth. Buy this light or not? The price seems good…

How much lumens? Runtime? How much flood? How far will it throw!?

Never ever forget and forgive. Niwal**er new kid on the block trying to act tough.
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/24847
Do not support this brand.

DINODIRECTSCAM COMPANY. DO NOT BUY
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/11324?page=2#comment-254983

Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 3631
Location: Houston, TX

MountainKing wrote:
wth. Buy this light or not? The price seems good…

How much lumens? Runtime? How much flood? How far will it throw!?

I know you are looking for our more spec-minded members to weigh in (I am, too), but I’ll just say this in the meantime; while I don’t have the equipment to do these fancy numbers tests, when Rusty says something is bright, it is bright. Smile This is why I am real darn careful to make specific lumen claims.

But if you like “pocket power” and are into the C8 format, then why pass this by when it is the perfect combination of modern technology, flood/throw, build quality, beauty, regulation, and just plain all-round usefulness? It’s the brightest C8 I’ve ever handled (and I’ve owned 12 of them) and throws pretty far—better than many smooth-reflectored lights. To me, that would say something.

Then again, you may have ten other good C8s at home and may not need another. But one good one goes further than about twenty regular ones, I say. So, no, whether or not you need one is ultimately up to you. This is for sure going to be on my “lights of 2014” list, hands down. Again, what does that tell you?

MountainKing
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 18 hours ago
Joined: 12/01/2011 - 03:20
Posts: 2276
Location: Lost Islands ™

Lovely. Would it be possible to get an outdoor night beamshot just before I snap this up? Silly
Can it use protected cells? And what is your estimate on throw?

Never ever forget and forgive. Niwal**er new kid on the block trying to act tough.
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/24847
Do not support this brand.

DINODIRECTSCAM COMPANY. DO NOT BUY
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/11324?page=2#comment-254983

Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 3631
Location: Houston, TX
MountainKing wrote:
Lovely. Would it be possible to get an outdoor night beamshot just before I snap this up? Silly Can it use protected cells? And what is your estimate on throw?

I’ll bring it out tomorrow night and take a couple of shots. And yes, it can use protected cells. I’ll give the estimate tomorrow.

Omega_17
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 06/02/2013 - 16:56
Posts: 1096
Location: France
Flomotion wrote:
I went to the Website, and got Simon to email me back for the T4 5B1, but he wanted 19.97 for it. If left a note but I still paid 18.33 for it, could not figure out how to pay more, how does that work? Anyways, I left a note and PP account email and told me to bill me for the difference, or $1.75. So, I do not know what I am going to get???

I think he don’t have T4 5B1 anymore based on his LED list but instead T5 5B1 which is same tint but a little brighter and without the 80+ CRI (around 75CRI), should not be a huge difference, alternative for +80CRI are T4 6A3 but its warmer. Usually he change the price after you have order so you have to wait before paying the order but if you have already paid I think you can order an item and he can change the price to $1.75 for the price difference.

But don’t worry about the non 80CRI version because tint are the most important, I have 90+CRI LED and to my eyes it look worst because the tint is too yellow to my taste.

If you don’t pay the difference you will have the stock version : XM-L U2-1B with 6*7135.

Quote:
7A4 and nice color? It’s not even yello, it’s basically orange. Pretty awful tint.

Its a matter of personal preference I think, for me its perfect. :bigsmile:

MoZuKa
MoZuKa's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 8 months ago
Joined: 12/27/2013 - 00:14
Posts: 155
Location: Inside a cave in Borneo...
MoZuKa wrote:
MoZuKa wrote:
Nbabu wrote:
Could not resist, just ordered one. Already got the Tangsfire C8 from Tmart coming this way, maybe nice to do a comparison.

Me too waiting for both… 8)

Received my Tangsfire last week and the AK47 today :bigsmile: it disco light time tonight… Big Smile

Here is my Ak47 and Tangsfire with their older brothers my L4 and UF Xml-T6 :bigsmile:

Comparison of their beam in the same sequence and look like Tangsfire is the brightest followed by L4, AK47 and UF Xml-T6 Shocked

May the light be with you…

BLightSam
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 11/13/2012 - 03:08
Posts: 1559
Location: USA

Nice pics.

Only see 3 beams.
The first on the left appears to be the brightest. Isn’t that AK47?

phantom23
phantom23's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 09/26/2011 - 17:39
Posts: 879

Omega_17 wrote:
Its a matter of personal preference I think, for me its perfect. :bigsmile:

I agree but you wrote that:
Omega_17 wrote:

But don’t worry about the non 80CRI version because tint are the most important, I have 90+CRI LED and to my eyes it look worst because the tint is too yellow to my taste.

90 CRI LEDs are usually warm, just like 7A4 which is not only yellow but also orange.

Pages