13000 lumen emitter

51 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Ford Prefect
Ford Prefect's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 06/13/2011 - 08:07
Posts: 850
Location: Canada, eh!
13000 lumen emitter

Now if i had any 36V power tools this would be awesome in a big lantern host!

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/150w-13000lm-6000-6500k-white-led-light-whi...

texaspyro
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/29/2011 - 12:43
Posts: 4593

Almost certainly bogus specs… I have tested MANY of those Chinese arrays and NONE met their published specs. I get more light out of 60 watts into a Bridgelux array than my best 100W Chinese array. You can get 15,000+ lumens at 5A/150W into one of these (and it costs less, plus has a valid datasheet):

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/BXRA-56C9000-J-00/976-1068-ND/2...

sintro
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 04/16/2012 - 23:42
Posts: 732
Location: Wisconsin, USA

texaspyro wrote:
Almost certainly bogus specs… I have tested MANY of those Chinese arrays and NONE met their published specs. I get more light out of 60 watts into a Bridgelux array than my best 100W Chinese array. You can get 15,000+ lumens at 5A/150W into one of these (and it costs less, plus has a valid datasheet):

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/BXRA-56C9000-J-00/976-1068-ND/2...

Is there any custom lights on this forum using that led?

texaspyro
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/29/2011 - 12:43
Posts: 4593
sintro wrote:
Is there any custom lights on this forum using that led?

Nothing with pics, but I built a couple of custom arrays based upon custom 15,000 lumen/150 watt modules. One is 180,000 lumens, fan cooled, dual redundant power/battery backup. The other is 540,000 lumen, water cooled, line power only.

JonnyC
JonnyC's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/14/2011 - 19:12
Posts: 1148
Location: Green Bay, WI - USA
texaspyro wrote:
sintro wrote:
Is there any custom lights on this forum using that led?

Nothing with pics, but I built a couple of custom arrays based upon custom 15,000 lumen/150 watt modules. One is 180,000 lumens, fan cooled, dual redundant power/battery backup. The other is 540,000 lumen, water cooled, line power only.

C’mon, you can’t post something like that and not provide pics!!

ruffles
ruffles's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 15 hours ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 10:18
Posts: 1022
Location: California

TexasPyro could show us, but then he’d have to kill us.


 

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 9139
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

ruffles wrote:
TexasPyro could show us, but then he’d have to kill us.

How would he find us :quest:

The Journal of Alternative Facts

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of Alternative Facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists."

 

texaspyro
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/29/2011 - 12:43
Posts: 4593
Bort wrote:
How would he find us :quest:

Nobody’s hiney can hide from 540,000 genuine American, oh so shiny, lumens Wink

And after killing you, I’m contractually obligated to eat your lovely, luscious, oh so tasty brains. J)

2100
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 05/28/2011 - 10:28
Posts: 4612
Location: SINGAPORE

I found this on aliexpress. Some are for those ad spotlights.

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 9139
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight
texaspyro wrote:
Bort wrote:
How would he find us :quest:

Nobody’s hiney can hide from 540,000 genuine American, oh so shiny, lumens Wink

And after killing you, I’m contractually obligated to eat your lovely, luscious, oh so tasty brains. J)


contractually obliged, i didn’t know zombies are on contract Shocked

The Journal of Alternative Facts

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of Alternative Facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists."

 

texaspyro
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/29/2011 - 12:43
Posts: 4593
Bort wrote:
contractually obliged, i didn’t know zombies are on contract Shocked

Yeah, thank the lawyers… and their yummy, slimy, tasty, oohie, gooey brains…

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 9139
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight
texaspyro wrote:
Bort wrote:
contractually obliged, i didn’t know zombies are on contract Shocked

Yeah, thank the lawyers… and their yummy, slimy, tasty, oohie, gooey brains…


Since zombies hate fast food, that works in my favour

http://www.snorgtees.com/zombies-hate-fast-food

The Journal of Alternative Facts

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of Alternative Facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists."

 

Chicago X
Chicago X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 years 7 months ago
Joined: 07/22/2011 - 16:13
Posts: 4013
Location: See Name
texaspyro wrote:
Yeah, thank the lawyers…

PLEASE eat them first.

Please.

http://wardogsmakingithome.org/index.html

War Dogs, Making it Home - Rescue Dogs for Returning Vets

texaspyro
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/29/2011 - 12:43
Posts: 4593
Chicago X wrote:
texaspyro wrote:
Yeah, thank the lawyers…

PLEASE eat them first.

Please.

When the revolution comes… I have a wall.

texaspyro
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/29/2011 - 12:43
Posts: 4593

A question for the zombies out there:

Since I’m obliged to eat the brains of those that learn the secrets, what is the best way?

1) Suck the brains out through a straw jammed up the nose?

2) Cut the top of the skull off and scoop out all the gooey grey goodness with a spoon?

3) ?

Method 1 seems quick and tidy. You do risk slurping up a snootful of boogers and it can be difficult to get to all that yummy grey goo.

Method 2 is much more work and rather messy, but you do get easy access to all the contents of the offending noggin.

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 9139
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

Once you become zombified you should already instinctually know how best to consume brains

The Journal of Alternative Facts

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of Alternative Facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists."

 

texaspyro
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/29/2011 - 12:43
Posts: 4593
Bort wrote:
Once you become zombified you should already instinctually know how best to consume brains

I’m just a pseudo-zombie… caused by reading one too many legal and patent documents…

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 9139
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight
texaspyro wrote:
Bort wrote:
Once you become zombified you should already instinctually know how best to consume brains

I’m just a pseudo-zombie… caused by reading one too many legal and patent documents…


What do you do for a living?

The Journal of Alternative Facts

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of Alternative Facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists."

 

texaspyro
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/29/2011 - 12:43
Posts: 4593
Bort wrote:
What do you do for a living?

Anything that I want to! It has to be interesting, though. And I won’t work with the rectally enhanced. The undead are OK, as long as they have reasonably good hygiene.

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 9139
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight
texaspyro wrote:
Bort wrote:
What do you do for a living?

Anything that I want to! It has to be interesting, though. And I won’t work with the rectally enhanced. The undead are OK, as long as they have reasonably good hygiene.


An interesting, if cryptic response Wink

The Journal of Alternative Facts

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of Alternative Facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists."

 

Old-Lumens
Old-Lumens's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 1 month ago
Joined: 11/04/2011 - 11:39
Posts: 7478
Location: Tyler, TX, USA
Bort wrote:
texaspyro wrote:
Bort wrote:
What do you do for a living?

Anything that I want to! It has to be interesting, though. And I won’t work with the rectally enhanced. The undead are OK, as long as they have reasonably good hygiene.


An interesting, if cryptic response Wink

I imagine he doesn’t work and hasn’t built any arrays, but I think he might just be eating human brains by opening the top of the skull.

@TSP – just jokin wid ya. Wink

My PayPal address: oldlumens (insert the @ sign here) gmail.com

My YouTube Flashlight Video Channel

The BLF Modding Links Thread 

http://imageshack.com/a/img922/1374/jQ2wdL.jpg

 

texaspyro
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/29/2011 - 12:43
Posts: 4593
Bort wrote:
An interesting, if cryptic response Wink

I do collect cipher machines…

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 9139
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight
texaspyro wrote:
Bort wrote:
An interesting, if cryptic response Wink

I do collect cipher machines…


for encoding or decoding?

The Journal of Alternative Facts

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of Alternative Facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists."

 

texaspyro
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/29/2011 - 12:43
Posts: 4593
Bort wrote:
texaspyro wrote:
Bort wrote:
An interesting, if cryptic response Wink

I do collect cipher machines…


for encoding or decoding?

They do both… cipher machine aren’t much use if they can’t encode and decode.

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 9139
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight
texaspyro wrote:
Bort wrote:
texaspyro wrote:
Bort wrote:
An interesting, if cryptic response Wink

I do collect cipher machines…


for encoding or decoding?

They do both… cipher machine aren’t much use if they can’t encode and decode.


I guess i was asking if you have already collected messages that need decoding

The Journal of Alternative Facts

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of Alternative Facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists."

 

texaspyro
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/29/2011 - 12:43
Posts: 4593

Last year, there was a decoding competition that use some old Enigma messages from WWII. Several were decoded. Almost all the mechanical rotor based machines have been broken (publicly), but still present quite a challenge (particularly if you don’t have a huge amount of traffic to work with).

The algorithm used in the Hagelin M209 series machines used for tactical messages in WWII and Korea was the basis for the Unix crypt and password commands.

Here’s a good place to start looking at machines: http://jproc.ca/crypto/menu.html

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 9139
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

texaspyro wrote:
Last year, there was a decoding competition that use some old Enigma messages from WWII. Several were decoded. Almost all the mechanical rotor based machines have been broken (publicly), but still present quite a challenge (particularly if you don’t have a huge amount of traffic to work with).

The algorithm used in the Hagelin M209 series machines used for tactical messages in WWII and Korea was the basis for the Unix crypt and password commands.

Here’s a good place to start looking at machines: http://jproc.ca/crypto/menu.html


We really took this thread off topic, but you didn’t tell us what you really do for a living

The Journal of Alternative Facts

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of Alternative Facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists."

 

PilotPTK
Offline
Last seen: 9 years 1 week ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:53
Posts: 1736
Location: Michigan, USA

Bort wrote:
texaspyro wrote:
Last year, there was a decoding competition that use some old Enigma messages from WWII. Several were decoded. Almost all the mechanical rotor based machines have been broken (publicly), but still present quite a challenge (particularly if you don’t have a huge amount of traffic to work with).

The algorithm used in the Hagelin M209 series machines used for tactical messages in WWII and Korea was the basis for the Unix crypt and password commands.

Here’s a good place to start looking at machines: http://jproc.ca/crypto/menu.html


We really took this thread off topic, but you didn’t tell us what you really do for a living

Based upon his (non)answer, I’m going to take a wild guess and say that he doesn’t want to tell you(us) and probably isn’t going to..

I am currently extremely busy with work. Please do not expect a response from me quickly. I will be dropping in as time permits, but the amount of time I can dedicate to responding to topics and PMs is very limited.

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 9139
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

PilotPTK wrote:
Bort wrote:
texaspyro wrote:
Last year, there was a decoding competition that use some old Enigma messages from WWII. Several were decoded. Almost all the mechanical rotor based machines have been broken (publicly), but still present quite a challenge (particularly if you don’t have a huge amount of traffic to work with).

The algorithm used in the Hagelin M209 series machines used for tactical messages in WWII and Korea was the basis for the Unix crypt and password commands.

Here’s a good place to start looking at machines: http://jproc.ca/crypto/menu.html


We really took this thread off topic, but you didn’t tell us what you really do for a living

Based upon his (non)answer, I’m going to take a wild guess and say that he doesn’t want to tell you(us) and probably isn’t going to..


obviously, but it doesn’t mean i am forbidden to reintroduce it to the conversation Silly

The Journal of Alternative Facts

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of Alternative Facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists."

 

texaspyro
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 04/29/2011 - 12:43
Posts: 4593

I’m a degreed electrical engineer, but do work in many different technological areas. After a few years where well over 90% of everything that I spent went to pay some sort of taxes, I retired from normal work and now only work on interesting and challenging projects that strike my fancy… it’s a tough job, but somebody has to do it. Wink

sintro
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 04/16/2012 - 23:42
Posts: 732
Location: Wisconsin, USA
texaspyro wrote:
I’m a degreed electrical engineer, but do work in many different technological areas. After a few years where well over 90% of everything that I spent went to pay some sort of taxes, I retired from normal work and now only work on interesting and challenging projects that strike my fancy… it’s a tough job, but somebody has to do it. Wink

Whooooaooooooooooo. Anyone still watch dirty jobs?

Pages