Are DinoDirect Customer Service agents untruthful or simply lying ?

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
lopedevega
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 3 days ago
Joined: 06/16/2012 - 15:20
Posts: 124
Location: Toronto,Canada
Are DinoDirect Customer Service agents untruthful or simply lying ?

Don’t get me wrong – I’ve been bying from Hong Kong/mainland China based stores for quite a while.
I know what to expect and I’ll take the good together with the bad.Although there are exceptions (Exduct,HKEquipment,Int’l Outdoor come to mind – that have very good Customer Service ),but anyway most of them will try to resolve a problem to a customer expectations.I had orders resend/refunded by DX and FocalPrice even pass the PayPal deadline.I guess they figured out that a “Happy Customer” = more business.But I had never met Customer Service agent straight out lying if an item is available or not.Up until today.
More than a month ago I ordered a Sunwayman C20C through a link provided by our very own Summer.
Order stayed in “Approved” for about a week , then suddenly changed to “Out of Stock”.I contacted
Summer on two occasions and every time she/he (I really don’t know if Summer is a male or female)
escalated the order to “the manager”.I was promised it may take “ a few days” to restock. Still nothing.Yesterday I contacted Customer Service (Sharon) who actually confirmed item is out of stock and will not be available.
I was offered a Gift Card – $10 more than what I originally paid as my money was held for more than a month.
I agreed to that, as there are a couple of more lights on DD I may be interested in.
While browsing later on DD site I noticed the two new models Nitecore – MT26 and MT 40
offered for $113.99 and $123.99 respectively.As chat screen came on and for a lack of anything to do
I started a chat with DinoAbby and then DinoVictor.Just being nice – I advised them those prices are at least double than everywhere else – maybe there is a typo , so they can fix it.DinoVictor offered mr the MT40 for $90 if I buy it “Now” Big Smile .I almost fell like buying my first car : “ This Oldsmobile will last forever , sir .Look at this beautiful vinyl top… “ Wink
Anyway , I asked him to check if Sunwayman C20C (the one I ordered) is in stock – and he confirmed it is.
I asked him to double check – yes ,for sure it is in stock.Then I asked why then my order has not been shipped –
I was advised to check with After Sale Department and then connection went dead.
With the last couple of flashlights on sale – Klarus P2A and Sunwayman R20A – It looks like DD has a very weird business strategy.Instead of considering that a customer who gets a good deal, will spend more money , they just t label a popular item Hot and raise the price expecting it to sell at a higher rate…
Now suddenly I got an e-mail from DD Customer Service telling me they made a mistake offering a Gift Card worth more than what I paid.It can be only for same amount I paid and if I am willing to take it…
I donèt know if this happens only to orders ordered through a link from Summer (I have another similar order also in approval stage for about a week) ,as I placed 3 orders before that – all handled properly.
And on top of that – all Maelstrom X10 from GG are gone J) – I wanted a second one…

Guess just had to rant.
We already had a fatality in Toronto from falling debris .
And here is not as bad as in NY.
People hit by the storm – stay safe!

Edited by: lopedevega on 10/30/2012 - 02:33
PilotPTK
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 10 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:53
Posts: 1736
Location: Michigan, USA

Long Story Short, Dino Sucks. They get ZERO of my dollars as they have either screwed up my order or (like your experience) flat out lied to me every single time I’ve tried to do business with them. I don’t expect perfection – we’re all human, after all, but batting zero and then treating me like I’m the burden, they can kiss my you know what..

PPtk

I am currently extremely busy with work. Please do not expect a response from me quickly. I will be dropping in as time permits, but the amount of time I can dedicate to responding to topics and PMs is very limited.

Pavithra_uk
Pavithra_uk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/24/2012 - 22:47
Posts: 779
Location: SRI LANKA

First I ordered a flashlight.. order status said approved for week and then dispatched. but item never received

then I got a refund as a giftcard after two months.

then I ordered a HID xenon kit for bike (giftcard + balance from paypal)

now 1 week and order status still “Approved”

Pavithra_uk
Pavithra_uk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/24/2012 - 22:47
Posts: 779
Location: SRI LANKA

still waiting for two pcs XML emitters from DD. now its 1 month and 2 days

nekdo12
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 9 months ago
Joined: 02/07/2012 - 12:17
Posts: 403
Location: Slovenia

Pavithra_uk wrote:
still waiting for two pcs XML emitters from DD. now its 1 month and 2 days

1 month and 11 days
PilotPTK
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 10 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:53
Posts: 1736
Location: Michigan, USA

With how horrible they are, it amazes me that anyone here still orders from Dino. Those of us who have been around for a while really need to make it a point to warn newbies about DinoDirect. If Dino was my first experience with “Budget” flashlights, I’d lose interest in the hobby in a real hurry..

PPtk

I am currently extremely busy with work. Please do not expect a response from me quickly. I will be dropping in as time permits, but the amount of time I can dedicate to responding to topics and PMs is very limited.

MountainKing
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/01/2011 - 03:20
Posts: 2276
Location: Lost Islands ™

Im today at 2 months of waiting for my intelli charger. I doubt they will get more of my business. I am better off ebaying. No funds refunded yet.

Never ever forget and forgive. Niwal**er new kid on the block trying to act tough.
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/24847
Do not support this brand.

DINODIRECTSCAM COMPANY. DO NOT BUY
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/11324?page=2#comment-254983

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

Maybe you could PM Kriesler or he could chime in here as he seems to have some pull at DD.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

DON KIDIK
DON KIDIK's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 11 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2012 - 13:29
Posts: 376
Location: Gods country WIGAN

These are the Kings of Poor,poor service.
Amazes me why anyone uses them.Working for them must be a nightmare.Must be one Hell of a job interview and then induction.The art of Lies & Deception,followed by how to drop calls and infuriate people.Job title must be SALES PREVENTION OFFICERS REQUIRED.

DON

Speedsix
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/04/2011 - 14:49
Posts: 1676
Location: San Diego, California

I thought DD was cleaning up their act in recent months. It looks like they are slipping backward to their old ways from the sound of it.

Seems like everytime I try to buy an item, the price goes up. That Klarus deal really got me pissed. I haven’t bought from DD in a while because they simply aren’t offering any deals that I can’t find at a better seller. Why pay more for DD when there are sellers with a much better track record who have the same items?

feilox
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 day ago
Joined: 07/21/2012 - 04:42
Posts: 844
Location: wisconsin, usa

Just like to know the difference in the price you paid and the posted price of the available sunwayman C20C?

Don wrote:
It sounds like the XM LEDs won’t really be suitable for flashlight use. Pity…

lopedevega
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 3 days ago
Joined: 06/16/2012 - 15:20
Posts: 124
Location: Toronto,Canada

It is still listed at $58.99.In my “Wish List” Item status shows as “In Stock” .
However , according to Summer ( PM two times) and Sharon (yesterday) it is definitely
Out of stock.I have the feeling that DinoDirect has a policy for their CS
(before sale) to make a sale regardless if an item is in stock or not.
Or the CS receive bonuses/rewards to make the sale so they don’t care if an item is in stock.
Anyway , DD gets the payment and holds it for a month or longer .Don’t know
how wide spread is this practice , with lot of sales it may be lot of cash on hand…
The “best price” I got from Summer was $49.99.

arn357
arn357's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 09/26/2012 - 07:40
Posts: 282
Location: Massachusetts

I put in a order for SWM C20C, yesterday.

LINK

Fox
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 5 days ago
Joined: 03/11/2012 - 13:05
Posts: 174

I stopped purchasing at DD because 4 of 5 recent orders never arrived and their staff kept me telling “wait more, a bit more, one week more”…. I got tired and bored.

I prefer other sellers.

The most ugly place in the world! Surprised

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS
ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 2 months ago
Joined: 08/04/2011 - 23:47
Posts: 5693
Location: southeast MO

Come on guys give them some credit. They can’t help it that they don’t have any customer service and mess up 5 out of every 6 orders in either sending you the wrong item or not having your item in stock when you order and then not letting you know that at the time of your order. Or waitng like a week before they finally ship your item due to their lack of speed and urgency to get all orders shipped as quickly as they can. They can’t help it that their leadership is terrible and that they have no guidance in how they should do their job like a professional company would so that they keep their customers happy. Dino-Direct slogan is give us a chance and place and order with us. We may never get it right, but hey nobody is perfect and we like screwing up orders so folks can talk to Sharon who is bored via chat on our website to solve your problem. That’s right ever notice that you always seem to be talking to Sharon every time you use the chat. Makes you wonder that everyone here via chat is named Sharon now don’t it. LOL!

You got to love Dino-Direct.

Ubehebe
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 1 month ago
Joined: 06/28/2012 - 01:14
Posts: 882
Location: Death Valley, Calif.

Only ordered from them a couple times and did okay. So I ordered an ULTRAFIRE 2100. Got a UNIQUEFIRE 2100, which I really did not want (different guts). But now my order for the ultrafire has completely disappeared from my account on their site. AND the ultrafire light now shows a picture of a uniquefire. Plus there are different ads for the uniquefire with varying prices???? Glad the screwup was on an inexpensive item. That’s it for me. No more DD. Can’t complain because my original order has vaporized. And even if I could complain, the ultrafire ad now shows a uniquefire. URRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

cainn
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 5 days ago
Joined: 05/26/2012 - 13:45
Posts: 998
Location: Melbourne, Australia

My only beef with them is that they want to charge me $30 for ten 16mm orange silicone tailcap boots, which are worth about $5 at the most.

lopedevega
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 3 days ago
Joined: 06/16/2012 - 15:20
Posts: 124
Location: Toronto,Canada

What would be best(fastest) way to get a refund with DinoDirect ? Try to contact Summer again , Customer Service or go straight to PayPal dispute ?

PilotPTK
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 10 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:53
Posts: 1736
Location: Michigan, USA

PayPal dispute unless you want to be offered some cockamamie gift card that may or may not work.. I’d give CS one chance to issue an immediate refund and if not, PayPal dispute it is.. Gift cards are not refunds.

PPtk

I am currently extremely busy with work. Please do not expect a response from me quickly. I will be dropping in as time permits, but the amount of time I can dedicate to responding to topics and PMs is very limited.

indenial
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 12:36
Posts: 483
Location: San Jose

They’re incapable of telling the truth. Among the most unethical merchants out there. Beware!

My name is indy, and I've been a flashaholic since 2004.

MountainKing
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/01/2011 - 03:20
Posts: 2276
Location: Lost Islands ™

So guys, can I refuse the offer of giftcard or item resending and ask for a refund? I do not want to wait 30+ days yet again.

Never ever forget and forgive. Niwal**er new kid on the block trying to act tough.
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/24847
Do not support this brand.

DINODIRECTSCAM COMPANY. DO NOT BUY
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/11324?page=2#comment-254983

PilotPTK
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 10 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:53
Posts: 1736
Location: Michigan, USA

Yes, you can. The method is called “Threaten Paypal Dispute and be prepared to follow through with the threat if necessary”

I am currently extremely busy with work. Please do not expect a response from me quickly. I will be dropping in as time permits, but the amount of time I can dedicate to responding to topics and PMs is very limited.

MountainKing
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/01/2011 - 03:20
Posts: 2276
Location: Lost Islands ™
PilotPTK wrote:
Yes, you can. The method is called “Threaten Paypal Dispute and be prepared to follow through with the threat if necessary”

I already launched paypal dispute and am waiting their ‘resolution’ for like 3 days…..should I communicate that I am waiting for paypal to resolve the issue?

Never ever forget and forgive. Niwal**er new kid on the block trying to act tough.
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/24847
Do not support this brand.

DINODIRECTSCAM COMPANY. DO NOT BUY
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/11324?page=2#comment-254983

lopedevega
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 3 days ago
Joined: 06/16/2012 - 15:20
Posts: 124
Location: Toronto,Canada

Just got full refund in my PayPal account. I went to “Live chat” with Sharon (as usual) and refused any substitutes, Gift Cards , etc. Sharon said that I will have refund in “maybe 3 business days”. I gave her 24hrs. before I open a PayPal dispute.I also opened up a case from DD page , letting them know that I spoke with Sharon and that PP dispute is to follow.Refund was done in less than 24hrs.
Funny – right after I got my refund, they raised the Sunwayman C20C to $62.99 . Maybe they really had it in stock , just did not want to sell it for the lower price that I paid .

jennyzhoutt
Offline
Last seen: 9 years 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/08/2012 - 02:10
Posts: 1
Location: China

lopedevega wrote:
Don’t get me wrong – I’ve been bying from Hong Kong/mainland China based stores for quite a while.
I know what to expect and I’ll take the good together with the bad.Although there are exceptions (Exduct,HKEquipment,Int’l Outdoor come to mind – that have very good Customer Service ),but anyway most of them will try to resolve a problem to a customer expectations.I had orders resend/refunded by DX and FocalPrice even pass the PayPal deadline.I guess they figured out that a “Happy Customer” = more business.But I had never met Customer Service agent straight out lying if an item is available or not.Up until today.
More than a month ago I ordered a Sunwayman C20C through a link provided by our very own Summer.
Order stayed in “Approved” for about a week , then suddenly changed to “Out of Stock”.I contacted
Summer on two occasions and every time she/he (I really don’t know if Summer is a male or female)
escalated the order to “the manager”.I was promised it may take “ a few days” to restock. Still nothing.Yesterday I contacted Customer Service (Sharon) who actually confirmed item is out of stock and will not be available.
I was offered a Gift Card – $10 more than what I originally paid as my money was held for more than a month.
I agreed to that, as there are a couple of more lights on DD I may be interested in.
While browsing later on DD site I noticed the two new models Nitecore – MT26 and MT 40
offered for $113.99 and $123.99 respectively.As chat screen came on and for a lack of anything to do
I started a chat with DinoAbby and then DinoVictor.Just being nice – I advised them those prices are at least double than everywhere else – maybe there is a typo , so they can fix it.DinoVictor offered mr the MT40 for $90 if I buy it “Now” Big Smile .I almost fell like buying my first car : “ This Oldsmobile will last forever , sir .Look at this beautiful vinyl top… “ Wink
Anyway , I asked him to check if Sunwayman C20C (the one I ordered) is in stock – and he confirmed it is.
I asked him to double check – yes ,for sure it is in stock.Then I asked why then my order has not been shipped –
I was advised to check with After Sale Department and then connection went dead.
With the last couple of flashlights on sale – Klarus P2A and Sunwayman R20A – It looks like DD has a very weird business strategy.Instead of considering that a customer who gets a good deal, will spend more money , they just t label a popular item Hot and raise the price expecting it to sell at a higher rate…
Now suddenly I got an e-mail from DD Customer Service telling me they made a mistake offering a Gift Card worth more than what I paid.It can be only for same amount I paid and if I am willing to take it…
I donèt know if this happens only to orders ordered through a link from Summer (I have another similar order also in approval stage for about a week) ,as I placed 3 orders before that – all handled properly.
And on top of that – all Maelstrom X10 from GG are gone J) – I wanted a second one…

Guess just had to rant.
We already had a fatality in Toronto from falling debris .
And here is not as bad as in NY.
People hit by the storm – stay safe!

for a young online company like dinodirect which is based overseas, it definitely would have to face language and logistics problems. if time allows, it would make improvement. we did see a part of its customers did get their order. the missing order issue is not entirely their fault. need to be understanding and advise them to improve service quality.

Life is full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.