What you got today

10349 posts / 0 new
Last post
toddcshoe
toddcshoe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 01/24/2018 - 23:49
Posts: 2584
Location: Foley, MO
BOO5TED wrote:
Love my WESN Allman. Been thinking about picking up the Micro Blade.

Thank you both for sharing those knives. Never saw them before. The Allman is a good size for me but a bit out of budget. I might raise my budget a bit if these knives are worth it.

Thanks again.

"Everywhere I go, there I am"

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 17960
Location: Amsterdam


Got 8 “refurbished” GA’s today from NKON. He retrieves them from never used battery packs, and checks that the internal resistance is on or below specs . They were €3.36 a piece with shipping from Eindhoven taken into account. Which is €1.25 cheaper than a new one.

I wrote down the shop and date on each one and shrunk an extra wrap around them.

I’m glad with the price I payed and they are great cells but still the imperfect outside bothers me a bit (nothing justifiable, just some OCD playing up) : the spotweld specks, some have a slightly dented plus-pole, and some have slight damage on the red wrap (but are extra wrapped so no functional problem).

brainfriction
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 hours ago
Joined: 09/03/2019 - 22:55
Posts: 9
Location: WI

Got the Ti to keep his friend company.

Sofirn Q8
FW3A
D4V2
Thorfire S70S

Scallywag
Scallywag's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 57 min ago
Joined: 01/11/2018 - 22:23
Posts: 2000
Location: Ohio, United States

djozz wrote:

Got 8 “refurbished” GA’s today from NKON. He retrieves them from never used battery packs, and checks that the internal resistance is on or below specs . They were €3.36 a piece with shipping from Eindhoven taken into account. Which is €1.25 cheaper than a new one.

I wrote down the shop and date on each one and shrunk an extra wrap around them.

I’m glad with the price I payed and they are great cells but still the imperfect outside bothers me a bit (nothing justifiable, just some OCD playing up) : the spotweld specks, some have a slightly dented plus-pole, and some have slight damage on the red wrap (but are extra wrapped so no functional problem).


You could grind the spotweld specks, or maybe even more fun, solder-blob on top of them
jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 4955
Location: Central North America

Just an old Titanium Rotary Wink

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 17960
Location: Amsterdam

Nice haul!

shirnask
shirnask's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 23:58
Posts: 1357
Location: Louisiana

jon_slider wrote:
Just an old Titanium Rotary Wink

Know where I could find another? Smile

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 4955
Location: Central North America

djozz wrote:
Nice haul!

thanks!
candidate for 3500k E21a :-), like its black brother:
shirnask wrote:
Know where I could find another? Smile

not Ti atm, but will keep you in mind Smile
there are V11r here
I have no experience w that seller

Clemence has E21a on copper

the beam is far from perfect but the colors really pop!, more E21a in Sunwayman details here

shirnask
shirnask's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 24 sec ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 23:58
Posts: 1357
Location: Louisiana

Thanks jon_slider, please do keep me in mind. I am familiar with the Vllr – I have 3 and have followed your mod with the E21a and will likely do this with one of them.

weklund
weklund's picture
Offline
Last seen: 38 min 17 sec ago
Joined: 08/16/2014 - 10:32
Posts: 994
Location: Orange, Ca.

jon_slider wrote:
Just an old Titanium Rotary Wink

![img]https://i.imgur.com/ztSyEDAl.jpg[/img]!

Nice score … I am a big fan of SWMBeer

... Happy Landings ...

jon_slider
jon_slider's picture
Online
Last seen: 8 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 09/08/2015 - 12:20
Posts: 4955
Location: Central North America

weklund wrote:

wow Smile
Trit Envy
Foghorne
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 hours ago
Joined: 10/31/2019 - 19:33
Posts: 30
Location: USA

jon_slider wrote:
djozz wrote:
Nice haul!

thanks!
candidate for 3500k E21a :-), like its black brother:
shirnask wrote:
Know where I could find another? Smile

not Ti atm, but will keep you in mind Smile
there are V11r here
I have no experience w that seller

Clemence has E21a on copper

the beam is far from perfect but the colors really pop!, more E21a in Sunwayman details here


Hi. Is the above link the only place left to get the SunwayMan V11R? It is discontinued and no production Ti will be made anymore?
Lights-Out
Lights-Out's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/03/2017 - 20:07
Posts: 231
Location: canton

Received my BLF logo magnets and stickers Smile check out my post (BLF Magnets)

toddcshoe
toddcshoe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 01/24/2018 - 23:49
Posts: 2584
Location: Foley, MO
2019-11-18-20-53-47-512ss

"Everywhere I go, there I am"

Rdubya18
Rdubya18's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 10/28/2018 - 18:42
Posts: 515
Location: Ohio

That’s beautiful Love

toddcshoe
toddcshoe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 01/24/2018 - 23:49
Posts: 2584
Location: Foley, MO
Rdubya18 wrote:
That’s beautiful Love

It’s a chunky heavy little stainless thing. I don’t mind the weight but I know most wouldn’t like it. Dead simple and basic triple. I wish I were able to justify some of Reylights other lights but that $100 is about my limit.

"Everywhere I go, there I am"

Swabs
Swabs's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 week ago
Joined: 11/06/2019 - 11:41
Posts: 463
Location: California

Got a Convoy C8+ sst40 6500K today. My first Convoy. Love it.

My Future's So Bright...well, my flashlights are anyways.

NeutralFan
NeutralFan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 03/20/2014 - 19:22
Posts: 1502
Location: Wisconsin, USA
Swabs wrote:
Got a Convoy C8+ sst40 6500K today. My first Convoy. Love it.

From my experience, any Convoy is a good flashlight! Glad you love your C8.

I’d rather use my flashlight around the house than turn on the lights.

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 3032
Location: Netherlands

Old vs New

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 17960
Location: Amsterdam

That old Feuerhand needs some TLC ! It is the good type mit sturmkappe, it deserves some maintenance.

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 3032
Location: Netherlands

There’s a story behind that.
Actually I have two of them, i don’t know exactly how old they are, but probably very old. They were from my father in law who passed away 17 years ago, when i met him they were already hanging in his garage in this state.
They are decorative items now, there’s a rust hole in the bottom, i can’t get it over my heart to throw them away

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 17960
Location: Amsterdam

Yokiamy wrote:
There’s a story behind that.
Actually I have two of them, i don’t know exactly how old they are, but probably very old. They were from my father in law who passed away 17 years ago, when i met him they were already hanging in his garage in this state.
They are decorative items now, there’s a rust hole in the bottom, i can’t get it over my heart to throw them away

With holes in them there is not much reason to restore them, too much work, it is not that they are rare (I think I read that up to 2012 250 million Feuerhands have been produced). So to keep them out of sentimental reasons is probably best Smile
djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 17960
Location: Amsterdam

Got some PCB’s today from Oshpark, I love their new black substrate / clear solder mask option Love

Edit: populated with the components from a BLF-A6 driver from Banggood, with FET replaced by a LFPAK33 size FET from Mtn. It tested ok. Note the interesting MCU that is used on the new BG BLF-A6 drivers, branded Atmelu?? Sick

Slayer1
Slayer1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 7 hours ago
Joined: 03/03/2016 - 02:59
Posts: 404
Location: Singapore

Just received this engine yesterday. 219C 4k with red secondary.

whatsthepoint
whatsthepoint's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 12/06/2019 - 10:48
Posts: 261
Location: Texas

Got this Vapcell YR1030 internal resistance tester with bonus pack of alligator clips and 4 wire battery holder

never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 17960
Location: Amsterdam

Today I got two of these Vapcell H10 1000mAh 10A 14500 cells.

I can not test batteries but I can do a quick comparison: I have a Convoy T2 with direct driver, springs bypassed and a sliced 4000K 90CRI LH351D led. At max it draws whatever the battery can deliver. I measured at 30 seconds with a freshly charged battery:

Efest purple 14500 : 620 lumen
Vapcell H10 : 815 lumen

The output of the Vapcell was hardly dropping at 30 seconds. So my preliminary conclusion: another winner from Vapcell, this is clearly a battery from what HKJ calls the “new chemistry” ; both high capacity and high current.

NeutralFan
NeutralFan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 03/20/2014 - 19:22
Posts: 1502
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Looks like some good batteries djozz. Do you have some more info on your Convoy T2 mod? I’ve been thinking about buying a T2 to mod for awhile.

I’d rather use my flashlight around the house than turn on the lights.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 45 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 17960
Location: Amsterdam

NeutralFan wrote:
Looks like some good batteries djozz. Do you have some more info on your Convoy T2 mod? I’ve been thinking about buying a T2 to mod for awhile.

The T2 mods pretty much the same as a S2+, in fact it is a S2+ that was shrunken a bit, but without a pill, the ledboard is on a shelf like the S3 and the BLF-A6. 16mm ledboard, 17mm driver, small Omten in the tail. I used a FET-converted AK47 C1 driver, but I may replace it with a standard BLF-A6 driver. The most challenging part of the mod was adding a red lighted tail.
MascaratumB
MascaratumB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 5 min ago
Joined: 10/29/2016 - 12:12
Posts: 6792
Location: Portugal

djozz wrote:
NeutralFan wrote:
Looks like some good batteries djozz. Do you have some more info on your Convoy T2 mod? I’ve been thinking about buying a T2 to mod for awhile.

The T2 mods pretty much the same as a S2+, in fact it is a S2+ that was shrunken a bit, but without a pill, the ledboard is on a shelf like the S3 and the BLF-A6. 16mm ledboard, 17mm driver, small Omten in the tail. I used a FET-converted AK47 C1 driver, but I may replace it with a standard BLF-A6 driver. The most challenging part of the mod was adding a red lighted tail.

djozz, maybe you had a different version of this light, but the ledboard is smaller than 16mm.
It is perhaps 14.5mm, because there is a raised “ring” on the edge of the shelf that doesn’t allow a 16mm pcb to sit correctly!
I used a “shaved”/filed/rimmed 16mm board with Luxeon, but had to make it slimmer to fit well!

BTW, I am using a 17mm led4power (4-6A) driver, a XP-L Hi led on the Tool AA (v1) aliminum PCB, and a convoy FW clicky switch on the tail!

I guess I need to get a Vapcell to get some more light than the currently used Efest Wink
Thanks for the heads-up Wink

NeutralFan
NeutralFan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 15 hours ago
Joined: 03/20/2014 - 19:22
Posts: 1502
Location: Wisconsin, USA

Thanks for the great info djozz and MascaratumB! This will probably be my next mod, including the lighted switch.

I’d rather use my flashlight around the house than turn on the lights.

Pages