T6 single 14500 sk68 clone.

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
18sixfifty
18sixfifty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 12/25/2012 - 20:19
Posts: 4161
T6 single 14500 sk68 clone.

http://www.priceangels.com/CREE-XML-T6-White-Light-5-Mode-LED-Flashlight—Silvery—s409578.html

Interesting clone it’s hard to say exactly what this is. Tangfire, t6 14500 glass lens.

I’m a junky, I mod lights so I can sell lights so I can buy more light to mod so I can sell lights to buy more lights to mod.

OscarM
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 11 months ago
Joined: 11/16/2012 - 14:20
Posts: 1002
Location: Sweden

oh my, this looks like a must have!

Output Brightness
3800 Lumens
Run Time
3 hours
Irradiation Range
500 meters

those specs, and the humble price of $8.96, wohooo!

(i’m being a tad sarcastic maybe Wink )

Werner
Werner's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 10/19/2012 - 15:00
Posts: 3679
Location: Germany

This made my day….

But not everything on this description is crap, the color is indeed silverish

18sixfifty
18sixfifty's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 12/25/2012 - 20:19
Posts: 4161

OscarM wrote:
oh my, this looks like a must have!

Output Brightness
3800 Lumens
Run Time
3 hours
Irradiation Range
500 meters

those specs, and the humble price of $8.96, wohooo!

(i’m being a tad sarcastic maybe Wink )

It is rather weak. I got one that has 6,000 lumens, run time 12 hours and throws 600 meters. Plus it was only $4.99.

I’m a junky, I mod lights so I can sell lights so I can buy more light to mod so I can sell lights to buy more lights to mod.

Vieplis
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 10 months ago
Joined: 03/30/2012 - 03:27
Posts: 123
Location: home

This one is 14501. Must be better.

PyTech
PyTech's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 09/01/2012 - 06:21
Posts: 629
Location: Highland, California. USA

too bad it’s saying it doesn’t even zoom. lol

-Sean

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6367
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

From what i can see in the photos on that site, it has a Cree XR-E, (* notice the famous “Cree-ring” the XR-E’s have, and a closer look at the emitter its design apears to be XR-E with only 2 chip wires, and not the three an XM-L has) i would be skeptical on the XM-L claim unless anyone here has already bought one ?

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

totilde
totilde's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/27/2012 - 12:22
Posts: 1157
Location: spain
DenBarrettSAR wrote:
From what i can see in the photos on that site, it has a Cree XR-E, (* notice the famous “Cree-ring” the XR-E’s have, and a closer look at the emitter its design apears to be XR-E with only 2 chip wires, and not the three an XM-L has) i would be skeptical on the XM-L claim unless anyone here has already bought one ?

It’s not an XML. as Werner said, the only truth shown there is the silverish color

Mooooooo

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 24 min ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6367
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

Tey woudl probally end up sending a different color anyways than silver. its rediculous for them to list it as 3800 lumens, 3 hour run time, on 1 AA. Party

totilde wrote:

It’s not an XML. as Werner said, the only truth shown there is the silverish color

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

bikenber73
bikenber73's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 11/12/2011 - 15:09
Posts: 2159
Location: Maryland USA

I knew a girl that had Tangfire in High School…caught it from a tractor seat.

SashiX
SashiX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/07/2010 - 15:46
Posts: 2045
Location: Spain

Better try this 18650 version: http://wallbuys.com/Product/SiPiK-SK98-CREE-LED-3-Modes-adjustable-Zoom-Waterproof-Flashlight-5571