Fasttech - interesting new products - Flashlights, chargers, batteries and DIY and knives - please no discussions.

1488 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 15065
Location: LI NY

I'm ordering 1 each of the SC01 and SC03 - seems like a great price (almost 1/2 the price of CNQ after shipping) and looks like nice quality. Hope it's the same quality as what RIC has listed...

Pregulla
Pregulla's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 07/31/2012 - 07:34
Posts: 817

Couldn’t resist. Ordered one SC01 as well. $14.41 after BLF coupon.

keltex78
keltex78's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 03/18/2011 - 10:15
Posts: 3705
Location: Texas

Same here... Just ordered the SC01; depending on performance, it seems like it may be a good option for my friend who I don't trust with Li-Ion cells... He likes cool flashlights, and needs a single-AA EDC carry for his job. Or if AA performance is bad, maybe a good EDC option for me on 14500s... Laughing


Keepin’ the “B” in BLF

Don wrote:
It sounds like the XM LEDs won’t really be suitable for flashlight use. Pity…

Nightbird95
Nightbird95's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 01/03/2013 - 01:16
Posts: 1153
Location: N 11º 08', E 124º 37'

SCO1 costs $23 at CNQG. I think I’m getting one too. :bigsmile:

kronological
kronological's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 11 months ago
Joined: 12/12/2012 - 09:23
Posts: 3042
Location: Texas

djozz wrote:


If someone pulled up next to me with this on their bike…I don’t think I could complete the ride for my side would be split open from laughing so hard. Seriously…that thing is off the chiz-ain re-donkulis

No one, after lighting a lamp, puts it away in a cellar nor under a basket, but on the lampstand, so that those who enter may see the light.

My Reviews: Ma

sanka
sanka's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 11/13/2012 - 12:23
Posts: 80
Location: San Francisco Bay Area

JohnnyMac wrote:

A few new lights at FT today.  These two caught my interest…


Those are interesting lights. Thanks for letting us know. The one that caught my interest was the Solarstorm SC03 because I was looking for a small emergency use flashlight that would stay in the car’s glove compartment and take a single CR123A Primary.

I ordered two and got a shipping notice from FT in less than 24 hours.

garrybunk
garrybunk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 09:25
Posts: 6100
Location: Johnstown, PA

sanka wrote:
JohnnyMac wrote:

A few new lights at FT today.  These two caught my interest...

Those are interesting lights. Thanks for letting us know. The one that caught my interest was the "Solarstorm SC03":http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10005040/1663801-solarstorm-sc03-1-cr... because I was looking for a small emergency use flashlight that would stay in the car's glove compartment and take a single CR123A Primary. I ordered two and got a shipping notice from FT in less than 24 hours.

I just ordered the SC01 with the same idea (lithium primary use). I'm afraid I might like it too much to leave in the car though! 

-Garry

My Bike Lights Thread, Optics (TIR) Comparison Beamshots, Diffusion Techniques

, MTBR’s Lights & Night Riding Forum
NOTE: Now hosting my photos from my Google account. Post up if you can’t see them. Older photos hosted on Photobucket or Flickr may disappear (PM me if you want access to them).
bushwhacked
bushwhacked's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 4 months ago
Joined: 11/22/2012 - 20:18
Posts: 537
Location: NovaScotia, Canada

Just a heads up. Panasonic pd, b, a etc are back in stock. Some other batteries as well.

P60dropins.com (just a redirect for now)

_the_
_the_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 days ago
Joined: 07/08/2011 - 06:22
Posts: 3647
Location: Finland

bushwhacked wrote:
Just a heads up. Panasonic pd, b, a etc are back in stock. Some other batteries as well.

But still not shipping to Finland (others don't post batteries and Malaysia post not available for Finland)

Sad

=the=

 

Sirius9
Sirius9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 03/04/2012 - 19:23
Posts: 4663
Location: South Europe

the wrote:

bushwhacked wrote:
Just a heads up. Panasonic pd, b, a etc are back in stock. Some other batteries as well.

But still not shipping to Finland (others don’t post batteries and Malaysia post not available for Finland)

Sad


same here :/

 

JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8879
Location: Eastern PA

Woohoo!  18650 version of the SC01 & SC03 posted today appropriately named SC02 for $16.00 even.  I wonder how easy it is to mod these babies...

 

 

Edit:  Damned thing is too tempting.  I haven't bought a flashlight in a while but thanks to this light I now have one on the way to replace the Olight S20 I seemed to have lost somewhere God only knows of.  Add the new vaping atomizer they just listed today and there's another $13 to the order. Silly  I have such a love/hate relationship with Fasttech! Big Smile

SchwarzeWolke
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/06/2014 - 16:09
Posts: 90
Location: Cologne

Holy mother of…
Sweet!!! Price is also really tempting…

Sirius9
Sirius9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 03/04/2012 - 19:23
Posts: 4663
Location: South Europe

“Luckily” I have left with only 4$ on my CC so it’s no-go for me… Tired

 

Chloe
Chloe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 4 months ago
Joined: 01/30/2013 - 14:14
Posts: 4595
Location: 联合王国

That is tempting…

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 15065
Location: LI NY

This SC02 is on par with the Small Sun's - T29 and T11 and the clones, but maybe a tad smaller head/reflector and definitely shorter, but looks like better overall quality. Probably the switch is on the driver, so would need to sandwich an e-switch driver -- a matter of how much room is there considering it's overall shorter length.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 30 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 11211

My SC01 was shipped within 24hr! Thank you Fasttech!

1thedeals.comyoutubeAstroluxNealsgadgetsolight

keltex78
keltex78's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 03/18/2011 - 10:15
Posts: 3705
Location: Texas

freeme wrote:
My *SC01* was shipped within 24hr! Thank you Fasttech!

Same here; ordered on the 28th, paid the extra .30 for the USPS shipping option; was shipped and with tracking info updated via the USPS tracking site within 24 hours.


Keepin’ the “B” in BLF

Don wrote:
It sounds like the XM LEDs won’t really be suitable for flashlight use. Pity…

DayLighter
DayLighter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 6 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 01:22
Posts: 2829
Location: New York City

I like the look of this no name brand EDC light

sigh just when I thought I wasn’t going to buy from them anymore.. they pulled me back in Tired :Sp

The only way to do a great work is to love what you do.

Sirius9
Sirius9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 03/04/2012 - 19:23
Posts: 4663
Location: South Europe

freeme wrote:
My “SC01” :http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=932925&b=437122&m=44775&afftrack=&urll... was shipped within 24hr! Thank you Fasttech!

“ :http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=932925&b=437122&m=44775&afftrack=&urll...

If you decide to disassemble it don’t forget to take couple of shots, I would like to see what’s inside, same applies for SC02 and SC03. Wink
thanks

 

unknown00101
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/16/2013 - 11:53
Posts: 4344
Location: USA

Sirius9 wrote:
freeme wrote:
My SC01 was shipped within 24hr! Thank you Fasttech!

If you decide to disassemble it don’t forget to take couple of shots, I would like to see what’s inside, same applies for SC02 and SC03. Wink
thanks


Full review/breakdown once my sample arrives. Eagerly awaiting delivery, this light looks amazing.
jacktheclipper
jacktheclipper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 10/31/2010 - 21:18
Posts: 4927
Location: Florida , U.S.A.

JohnnyMac wrote:

Woohoo!  18650 version of the SC01 & SC03 posted today appropriately named SC02 for $16.00 even.  

Waiting for neutral version ....

What I do

 

pipifax
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 month ago
Joined: 01/05/2014 - 05:50
Posts: 310
Location: BLF

bushwhacked wrote:
Just a heads up. Panasonic pd, b, a etc are back in stock. Some other batteries as well.

b pretty much out of stock?

phantom23
phantom23's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 52 min ago
Joined: 09/26/2011 - 17:39
Posts: 960

JohnnyMac wrote:

Woohoo!  18650 version of the SC01 & SC03 posted today appropriately named SC02 for $16.00 even.  I wonder how easy it is to mod these babies…

 

 

Crap, I just bought AA version a few days ago! And this looks even better. Must resist, must resist…

freeme wrote:

My “SC01“was shipped within 24hr! Thank you Fasttech! “!http://i.imgur.com/0Btle23.jpg!”

They shipped my SC01 quickly as well but it was 5 days ago and it still haven’t appeared in tracking system …

Boaz
Boaz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 36 min ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 8011
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

unknown00101 wrote:
Sirius9 wrote:
freeme wrote:
My *SC01* was shipped within 24hr! Thank you Fasttech!
If you decide to disassemble it don't forget to take couple of shots, I would like to see what's inside, same applies for SC02 and SC03. Wink thanks
Full review/breakdown once my sample arrives. Eagerly awaiting delivery, this light looks amazing.

 

Looks can be decieving

Smile  ..Oh how we want to believe .

Before any reviews arrive, lets just guess .

-starts in sos mode 

-The infinite variable is for the strobe mode

-PWM so bad it looks like it's in sos mode on lower modes 

-Tint so purple it could double as a UV light

-attack bezel on the tail 

-button is made out of leftover old gummie bears 

-The glint in your grandmothers eye is brighter

-reflector is tin foil wrapped over a Styrofoam cup

-Ramping is from 80 lumens to 140

-anodizing is ...HA 3-- > meaning  ha ha ha 

-only chinese zinc carbon batteries  fit 

-the packaging is better than the light

-it only takes 18 months for fasttech to deliver(because dx and fasttech are having a competition)

-it's temporarily sold out 

-Google buys Fasttech 

-It doesn't come with a lanyard

 

                 υμεις εστε το φως του κοσμου ου δυναται πολις κρυβηναι επανω ορους κειμενη

                            Dc-fix diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

garrybunk
garrybunk's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 4 weeks ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 09:25
Posts: 6100
Location: Johnstown, PA

Oh Boaz!  Always the pessimist! 

-Garry

 

My Bike Lights Thread, Optics (TIR) Comparison Beamshots, Diffusion Techniques

, MTBR’s Lights & Night Riding Forum
NOTE: Now hosting my photos from my Google account. Post up if you can’t see them. Older photos hosted on Photobucket or Flickr may disappear (PM me if you want access to them).
Boaz
Boaz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 36 min ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 8011
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

Hey, if it even says the word flashlight ....

                       I want one Silly

 

I'm having a really hard time not buying these Sad

Waiting for reviews of stuff is so last year

                 υμεις εστε το φως του κοσμου ου δυναται πολις κρυβηναι επανω ορους κειμενη

                            Dc-fix diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

unknown00101
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/16/2013 - 11:53
Posts: 4344
Location: USA

Boaz wrote:

unknown00101 wrote:
Sirius9 wrote:
freeme wrote:
My *SC01* was shipped within 24hr! Thank you Fasttech!
If you decide to disassemble it don't forget to take couple of shots, I would like to see what's inside, same applies for SC02 and SC03. Wink thanks
Full review/breakdown once my sample arrives. Eagerly awaiting delivery, this light looks amazing.

 

Looks can be decieving

Smile  ..Oh how we want to believe .

Before any reviews arrive, lets just guess .

-starts in sos mode 

-The infinite variable is for the strobe mode

-PWM so bad it looks like it's in sos mode on lower modes 

-Tint so purple it could double as a UV light

-attack bezel on the tail 

-button is made out of leftover old gummie bears 

-The glint in your grandmothers eye is brighter

-reflector is tin foil wrapped over a Styrofoam cup

-Ramping is from 80 lumens to 140

-anodizing is ...HA 3-- > meaning  ha ha ha 

-only chinese zinc carbon batteries  fit 

-the packaging is better than the light

-it only takes 18 months for fasttech to deliver(because dx and fasttech are having a competition)

-it's temporarily sold out 

-Google buys Fasttech 

-It doesn't come with a lanyard

 

My eyes are bleeding and my head hurts after reading that.
ToyKeeper
ToyKeeper's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 31 min ago
Joined: 01/12/2013 - 14:40
Posts: 10896
Location: (469219) 2016 HO3 // I get way more privmsgs than I can respond to, so please ask in a public thread if possible, for a faster answer.

Boaz wrote:
-The glint in your grandmothers eye is brighter

On that count, I can assure you you are correct. Don’t mess with grandma.

Also, posts like this are why I think BLF should have a “like” button. Smile

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 30 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 11211

@phantom23 So far most of my FT products arrives within 2-3 weeks. Unless the items are held back, due to 1 item in the batch is “back-order”. I am not going to worry too much on the tracking number. Especially, I have a new bunch of them to take care every week. :bigsmile:

phantom23 wrote:

JohnnyMac wrote:

Woohoo!  18650 version of the SC01 & SC03 posted today appropriately named SC02 for $16.00 even.  I wonder how easy it is to mod these babies…

 

 

Crap, I just bought AA version a few days ago! And this looks even better. Must resist, must resist…

freeme wrote:

My “SC01“was shipped within 24hr! Thank you Fasttech! “!http://i.imgur.com/0Btle23.jpg!”

They shipped my SC01 quickly as well but it was 5 days ago and it still haven’t appeared in tracking system …

@Sirius9 I believe there will be more experts out there that will receive it earlier than me. By the way, I cannot afford for full take-down as it belongs to my client. If the build and output are good , I will then make my 2nd order.

Sirius9 wrote:
freeme wrote:
My “SC01” :http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=932925&b=437122&m=44775&afftrack=&urll... was shipped within 24hr! Thank you Fasttech!

“ :http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?u=932925&b=437122&m=44775&afftrack=&urll...

If you decide to disassemble it don’t forget to take couple of shots, I would like to see what’s inside, same applies for SC02 and SC03. Wink
thanks

1thedeals.comyoutubeAstroluxNealsgadgetsolight

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8821
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

the SC02 looks very nice!

-> i need to tell my neighbor about yellow parcels from china he didn´t order…

PLEASE NOTE
i do not work in "reviews, deals and codes" for the time being
maybe M4D M4X will return one day, but until then:

THANK YOU FOR YEARS OF YOUR SUPPORT AND FRIENDLY CONTACTS!

Pages