New Sinkpad design

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
nitro
nitro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 05/22/2011 - 13:32
Posts: 2706
Location: ohio
New Sinkpad design

hey guys here is the new design sinkpad sent me and here is the last thread about the other http://budgetlightforum.com/node/19348#node-19348

post anything u like lol

http://i553.photobucket.com/albums/jj368/jake_1986/newdesign_zps1c4dca2c...

Rufusbduck
Rufusbduck's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 day ago
Joined: 04/04/2012 - 15:34
Posts: 10389
Location: Golden state

I like it.

Three Tanna leaves to give him life, nine to give him movement. But what if he eats the whole bag?

Scott

skyrider1
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 11/18/2012 - 21:54
Posts: 762
Location: USA

Looks good. I’m assuming the XML looks the same but sized for XML. How much per board now that we went with their “generic” labeling. I’m assuming no more tooling cost?

nitro
nitro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 05/22/2011 - 13:32
Posts: 2706
Location: ohio

No tooling cost, I have not got a reply back on price

agator007
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/27/2013 - 14:13
Posts: 20
Location: Florida

Correct me if I’m wrong, but the lithography is something like:

First: The entire surface is covered by the dielectric.

Second: A copper film is sputtered by a mask of the green drawing.

Third: A second layer of dielectric is deposited by a mask of the inverse of the purple drawing (or deposited and then etched by a mask of the purple drawing?).

But after that the center heat contact would still have a layer of dielectric that would need to be removed, right? In that case would drawing need indicate that the center is always masked off from the dielectric deposition?

Also on that subject, I’m wondering if the cheaper chinese copper stars could have the unwanted dielectric simply removed with an X-acto?

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 57 min 52 sec ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 8514
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight

nitro wrote:

post anything u like lol

i like pancakes Wink

I think you need to play hardball on price, if they are going to make 30k units for other sales anyway, then you can’t let them build the tooling cost into the unit price. Since the 20mm cost like 1.50 each and this has less material, i think a similar price is reasonable, especially since its still a slight premium

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

 

 

DB Custom
DB Custom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 01/13/2013 - 22:28
Posts: 20733
Location: Heart of Texas

As far as I’m concerned, they’re criminal. Let someone else design it, charge them to set it up, then take their name off and replace it like it’s your own design from the get go and profit on it without the set-up. Criminal. That big bold SinkPADtm states boldy that it’s theirs, when we know better. I get really hacked on matters of principal and this one stinks.

I gotta bow out. Not supporting that behaviour, sorry Nitro. Just don’t like em doing that to you and to Pilot and can’t support that at all.

Makes me wonder who designed the boards Vesture bought?

Is this company in the states? I don’t think they’d get away with that here. Did anyone see the school up North that was trying to claim that any drawing, any design, created by students or teachers whether at school or at home as long as it involved a school project was property of the school? Got shot down pdq! For us, that’s unconstitutional. Copyright infringement and it’s a big deal in a court of law. Especially where large profits are to be made.

Again, I apologize to you Nitro and for bailing on the project that Pilot worked hard on, just can’t do it. Won’t do it.

bose301s
bose301s's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/10/2012 - 18:40
Posts: 1224

DBCstm wrote:
As far as I’m concerned, they’re criminal. Let someone else design it, charge them to set it up, then take their name off and replace it like it’s your own design from the get go and profit on it without the set-up. Criminal. That big bold SinkPADtm states boldy that it’s theirs, when we know better. I get really hacked on matters of principal and this one stinks.

I gotta bow out. Not supporting that behaviour, sorry Nitro. Just don’t like em doing that to you and to Pilot and can’t support that at all.

Makes me wonder who designed the boards Vesture bought?

Is this company in the states? I don’t think they’d get away with that here. Did anyone see the school up North that was trying to claim that any drawing, any design, created by students or teachers whether at school or at home as long as it involved a school project was property of the school? Got shot down pdq! For us, that’s unconstitutional. Copyright infringement and it’s a big deal in a court of law. Especially where large profits are to be made.

Again, I apologize to you Nitro and for bailing on the project that Pilot worked hard on, just can’t do it. Won’t do it.


What are you talking about?
nitro
nitro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 05/22/2011 - 13:32
Posts: 2706
Location: ohio

They are from calli, I’m not to sure what I’m going to do, maybe just wait till they come out with them ? PPtk did a amazing job on the board but I had no idea that they would change the hole design to benefit them and there sales, I just wanted to post what they changed

nitro
nitro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 05/22/2011 - 13:32
Posts: 2706
Location: ohio

I for got to add the 20mm sinkpad was cheaper because it was another persons design (like PPtk) and made for say 20K boards and we bought them with no added fees and tooling that the designer had to pay

Bort
Bort's picture
Offline
Last seen: 57 min 52 sec ago
Joined: 06/01/2012 - 17:15
Posts: 8514
Location: Holding the proverbial flashlight
nitro wrote:
I for got to add the 20mm sinkpad was cheaper because it was another persons design (like PPtk) and made for say 20K boards and we bought them with no added fees and tooling that the designer had to pay

But this is no longer a custom order, they are going to make who knows, maybe millions of more boards then you are buying from them from the same design, we gave them free labour.

Maybe i am just overtired, but when you design something for someone elses benefit you have to pay them to make profit from others?

When i buy food from the grocery store they don’t double the price for my stuff so they can make more profit from the next guy in line

The Journal of Alternative Facts TM

"It is critical that there is a credible academic source for the growing and important discipline of alternative facts. This field of study will just keep winning, and we knew that all the best people would want to be on board. There is a real risk in the world today that people might be getting their information about science from actual scientists"

 

 

 

nofearek9
nofearek9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/08/2012 - 08:46
Posts: 1350
Location: Cyprus

very nice design !!!

vestureofblood
vestureofblood's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 08/17/2012 - 15:21
Posts: 2013
Location: Missouri

nitro wrote:
here is the last thread about the other http://budgetlightforum.com/node/19348#node-19348

and the other one.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/19265#node-19265

and the other one.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/18906#node-18906

and the one before that..

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/18626#node-18626

 

Maybe you could cut that newest picture into 3 parts and start a thread for all 3 LOL!!!

 

 

I'm just bustin' your chops nitro. Kiss  I couldnt resist.

 

Thanks again for putting in the time and effort on these.

In Him (Jesus Christ) was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
http://asflashlights.com/ Everyday Carry Flashlights, plus Upgrades for Maglite.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18142
Location: Amsterdam

I was afraid that they would alter the solder pad lay-out or the rings. It is all still there, I like this board! (I assume the center solder pad is still a direct connection to the copper core). With 'BLF' on it would have been perfect, but I'm alright with 'Sinkpad', the design is enough BLF-signature for me.

jamio
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 03/28/2012 - 17:32
Posts: 128

djozz wrote:

I was afraid that they would alter the solder pad lay-out or the rings. It is all still there, I like this board! (I assume the center solder pad is still a direct connection to the copper core). With 'BLF' on it would have been perfect, but I'm alright with 'Sinkpad', the design is enough BLF-signature for me.

+1  if the center solder pad is still direct to copper core, I like it and I'm in for xml and xp-g boards.

I read the previous discussion thread and totally agree that they should reward author of this design, if they are going to use it in further production, it would be normal and correct.

I don't know much about what it takes to build pcb's but I'm sure, as it was written in another posts, about 1000 pieces is negligible from Sinkpad's point of view of making money and every customization for little amounts need to be extra paid. So with Sinkpad or BLF logo, they will be just as good I think. If we can get them without paying extra fees with Sinkpad logo, that would be plus.

Nitro thanks for your effort you put into this, appreciate it. Let us know the final price from Sinkpad on these pads. Also thanks PilotPTK for design, it's really smart.

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 20 hours ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 15042
Location: LI NY

Wow, they kept the design the same, interesting, better than I expected. Maybe our (actually PPtk's) reward is no tooling cost Smile.

skyrider1
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 11/18/2012 - 21:54
Posts: 762
Location: USA

Are we still moving forward with this?

panthervision23
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 1 week ago
Joined: 02/19/2013 - 00:37
Posts: 545

Well, they looked good though. I’ll look forward for more designs. Glasses