IS: Info/Announcements: Quad and Triple XP Series 20mm Copper Direct Thermal Boards (7/3)

166 posts / 0 new
Last post
skyrider1
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 11/18/2012 - 21:54
Posts: 762
Location: USA

Thanks for the update, hopefully you guys are able to get some! I’ve got every part I need for a new triple build and would love to stick these in it.

CalvinIS
CalvinIS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 03:29
Posts: 987
Location: San Jose, CA

skyrider1 wrote:
Thanks for the update, hopefully you guys are able to get some! I've got every part I need for a new triple build and would love to stick these in it.

The problem isn't acquiring the LEDs, though the minimum order directly from Nichia was recently increased into a whole reel of 3,500. Nichia themselves are forbidding us from selling the bare 219B.

On a side note we have the BlackShadow Terminator XM-L2 edition in case you guys didn't notice the updated listing.

USA based seller of flashlights, batteries, and chargers.
Illumn Webstore
 /// Instagram /// BLF DEAL THREAD

skyrider1
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 11/18/2012 - 21:54
Posts: 762
Location: USA

Interesting, does it look like they will budge on that stance or is it more likely we may never see these sold bare?

CalvinIS
CalvinIS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 03:29
Posts: 987
Location: San Jose, CA

skyrider1 wrote:
Interesting, does it look like they will budge on that stance or is it more likely we may never see these sold bare?

They'll definitely be seen on boards. I would say the 219Bs will be released in the future as it becomes "older". The biggest problem is the recent MOQ increase to 3,500without a guarantee for bin. We don't like those odds or buying them from a questionable source.

USA based seller of flashlights, batteries, and chargers.
Illumn Webstore
 /// Instagram /// BLF DEAL THREAD

CalvinIS
CalvinIS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 03:29
Posts: 987
Location: San Jose, CA

We're looking into acquiring some Olights very soon, are there any particular models you guys are interested in? I know the small S10 and similar lights are pretty popular.

USA based seller of flashlights, batteries, and chargers.
Illumn Webstore
 /// Instagram /// BLF DEAL THREAD

Racer
Racer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 05/07/2013 - 00:39
Posts: 1792
Location: Hillsboro, OR

Do you know if Olight has any plans to update the rest of the I series? The I3S is awesome but it doesn’t seem like they really capitalized much on their purchase of iTP.

CalvinIS
CalvinIS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 03:29
Posts: 987
Location: San Jose, CA

Racer wrote:
Do you know if Olight has any plans to update the rest of the I series? The I3S is awesome but it doesn't seem like they really capitalized much on their purchase of iTP.

To the best of my knowledge, ITP was/is Olight. No news of an expansion of that line of lights.

USA based seller of flashlights, batteries, and chargers.
Illumn Webstore
 /// Instagram /// BLF DEAL THREAD

jmpaul320
jmpaul320's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 05/22/2012 - 09:06
Posts: 4189
Location: CT

Any eta on the new nitecore lights?

Would you mind keeping the wrong flashlight?
Best wish, May
Tmart service team

 

Soumil wrote:

PLEASE HELP ME GEARBEsT! IM LITERALLY CRYING!

 

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18070
Location: Amsterdam

CalvinIS wrote:

skyrider1 wrote:
Interesting, does it look like they will budge on that stance or is it more likely we may never see these sold bare?

They'll definitely be seen on boards. I would say the 219Bs will be released in the future as it becomes "older". The biggest problem is the recent MOQ increase to 3,500without a guarantee for bin. We don't like those odds or buying them from a questionable source.

Kaidomain lists the Nichia 219B 220 R85 D220 typ92CRI for a few months now, their information has proven unreliable in the past, but since yesterday Intl-outdoor now lists the same led too (on boards and bare), does this mean that that their bin claim can not be trusted either?

CalvinIS
CalvinIS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 03:29
Posts: 987
Location: San Jose, CA

jmpaul320 wrote:
Any eta on the new nitecore lights?

The EAX?

djozz wrote:

Kaidomain lists the Nichia 219B 220 R85 D220 typ92CRI for a few months now, their information has proven unreliable in the past, but since yesterday Intl-outdoor now lists the same led too (on boards and bare), does this mean that that their bin claim can not be trusted either?

I'm not sure I understand the question, I'm sure Kaidomain can source products just fine.

USA based seller of flashlights, batteries, and chargers.
Illumn Webstore
 /// Instagram /// BLF DEAL THREAD

jmpaul320
jmpaul320's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 05/22/2012 - 09:06
Posts: 4189
Location: CT

Yes the eax Smile

Would you mind keeping the wrong flashlight?
Best wish, May
Tmart service team

 

Soumil wrote:

PLEASE HELP ME GEARBEsT! IM LITERALLY CRYING!

 

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 24 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18070
Location: Amsterdam

Sorry, I wasn't clear, I was responding to this:

CalvinIS wrote:

The problem isn't acquiring the LEDs, though the minimum order directly from Nichia was recently increased into a whole reel of 3,500. Nichia themselves are forbidding us from selling the bare 219B.

So how do Kaidomain and Intl-outdoor do that? How are they allowed to sell bare Nichia219's while IS are not?

CalvinIS
CalvinIS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 03:29
Posts: 987
Location: San Jose, CA

jmpaul320 wrote:
Yes the eax :)

I'm looking into acquiring some.

djozz wrote:

So how do Kaidomain and Intl-outdoor do that? How are they allowed to sell bare Nichia219's while IS are not?

I imagine they're not buying from Nichia directly and can't be traced.

USA based seller of flashlights, batteries, and chargers.
Illumn Webstore
 /// Instagram /// BLF DEAL THREAD

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland

CalvinIS wrote:

jmpaul320 wrote:
Yes the eax :)

I'm looking into acquiring some.

djozz wrote:

So how do Kaidomain and Intl-outdoor do that? How are they allowed to sell bare Nichia219's while IS are not?

I imagine they're not buying from Nichia directly and can't be traced.

There's European stores retailing Nichia 219A LED for a long time, and 219B since they were announced, just not that particular SW45.

CalvinIS
CalvinIS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 03:29
Posts: 987
Location: San Jose, CA

USA based seller of flashlights, batteries, and chargers.
Illumn Webstore
 /// Instagram /// BLF DEAL THREAD

InfinitusEquitas
InfinitusEquitas's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 4 months ago
Joined: 09/06/2012 - 02:31
Posts: 1983
Location: 20 Minutes from NYC

Very curious to see how these perform.

CalvinIS
CalvinIS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 03:29
Posts: 987
Location: San Jose, CA

Made by Alexey ‘Dsche’ from the Russian ‘Fonarevka’ forum, these Quad and Triple 20mm Copper Direct Thermal boards are now available here.

20mm Copper Direct Thermal Triple XP Series MCPCB
20mm Copper Direct Thermal Quad XP Series MCPCB

USA based seller of flashlights, batteries, and chargers.
Illumn Webstore
 /// Instagram /// BLF DEAL THREAD

Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 32 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 4740
Location: California

Are there any optics available for the quad?

jmpaul320
jmpaul320's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 05/22/2012 - 09:06
Posts: 4189
Location: CT

QUAD XPL!!!!

Would you mind keeping the wrong flashlight?
Best wish, May
Tmart service team

 

Soumil wrote:

PLEASE HELP ME GEARBEsT! IM LITERALLY CRYING!

 

leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4278
Location: San Diego, CA

I'm excited about those mcpcb's.  I ordered them directly from dsche and they were supposed to be delivered today, but I'm not sure what happened.  XP-L Carclo optics are coming, but I don't know anything else about them.

The low mode should be lower.

CalvinIS
CalvinIS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 03:29
Posts: 987
Location: San Jose, CA

Firelight2 wrote:
Are there any optics available for the quad?

Carclo 20mm Quad Optics should work with these boards, like the 10624. Not sure if they work with XP-L though.

USA based seller of flashlights, batteries, and chargers.
Illumn Webstore
 /// Instagram /// BLF DEAL THREAD

ohaya
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 03/16/2013 - 19:01
Posts: 5337
Location: US
CalvinIS wrote:

Firelight2 wrote:
Are there any optics available for the quad?

Carclo 20mm Quad Optics should work with these boards, like the 10624. Not sure if they work with XP-L though.

So these are called “20mm quad optics”, but the actual diameter for the lens array is 24mm? So, this star + optic would require a pill that takes a 20mm star, but the head inner diameter would need to be at least 24mm?

CalvinIS
CalvinIS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 03:29
Posts: 987
Location: San Jose, CA

ohaya][quote=CalvinIS wrote:

Firelight2 wrote:
Are there any optics available for the quad?

Carclo 20mm Quad Optics should work with these boards, like the 10624. Not sure if they work with XP-L though.

So these are called "20mm quad optics", but the actual diameter for the lens array is 24mm? So, this star + optic would require a pill that takes a 20mm star, but the head inner diameter would need to be at least 24mm?[/quote

Sorry you are correct, the optics are actually 24mm Quad Optics, my error.

USA based seller of flashlights, batteries, and chargers.
Illumn Webstore
 /// Instagram /// BLF DEAL THREAD

ohaya
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 03/16/2013 - 19:01
Posts: 5337
Location: US
CalvinIS]<p>[quote=ohaya wrote:
CalvinIS wrote:

Firelight2 wrote:
Are there any optics available for the quad?

Carclo 20mm Quad Optics should work with these boards, like the 10624. Not sure if they work with XP-L though.

So these are called “20mm quad optics”, but the actual diameter for the lens array is 24mm? So, this star + optic would require a pill that takes a 20mm star, but the head inner diameter would need to be at least 24mm?[/quote

Sorry you are correct, the optics are actually 24mm Quad Optics, my error.

No problem.

Also, how are the emitters on the quad board connected? Are they in parallel? Or in series?

CalvinIS
CalvinIS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 11/29/2012 - 03:29
Posts: 987
Location: San Jose, CA

ohaya wrote:
No problem. Also, how are the emitters on the quad board connected? Are they in parallel? Or in series?

Depending on how you wire it, the board is configurable in 1) 4S, 2) 2S2P, and 3) 4P.

USA based seller of flashlights, batteries, and chargers.
Illumn Webstore
 /// Instagram /// BLF DEAL THREAD

ohaya
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 03/16/2013 - 19:01
Posts: 5337
Location: US
CalvinIS wrote:

ohaya wrote:
No problem. Also, how are the emitters on the quad board connected? Are they in parallel? Or in series?

Depending on how you wire it, the board is configurable in 1) 4S, 2) 2S2P, and 3) 4P.

I’m probably being a bit obtuse. I get the (1) and (2) configs, but I don’t understand the (3) config (4P). Why are there 3 “wires” from the right side (battery side) to the left side (star)? I probably would just want the 4P config, so how do I wire that “normally” (= only 2 wires from the driver to the star)?

ohaya
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 03/16/2013 - 19:01
Posts: 5337
Location: US
ohaya wrote:
CalvinIS wrote:

ohaya wrote:
No problem. Also, how are the emitters on the quad board connected? Are they in parallel? Or in series?

Depending on how you wire it, the board is configurable in 1) 4S, 2) 2S2P, and 3) 4P.

I’m probably being a bit obtuse. I get the (1) and (2) configs, but I don’t understand the (3) config (4P). Why are there 3 “wires” from the right side (battery side) to the left side (star)? I probably would just want the 4P config, so how do I wire that “normally” (= only 2 wires from the driver to the star)?

Does anyone know the answer to my question above, per a more conventional 4P configuration (4 emitters in parallel) and just 2 emitter wires (+ and -) from whatever driver I use to the star pads?

leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4278
Location: San Diego, CA

Why not ask dsche?

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/25953

 

If mine actually arrive today, I'll take a closer look for you.

The low mode should be lower.

ohaya
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 7 months ago
Joined: 03/16/2013 - 19:01
Posts: 5337
Location: US
leaftye wrote:

Why not ask dsche?

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/25953

 

If mine actually arrive today, I’ll take a closer look for you.

Thanks, I’ll do that. I have a couple coming also from IS. I saw that thread earlier, but it seemed like it was an older thread and all the links don’t work (for me at least), so I wasn’t sure if it was still active.

If you do figure it out, please post, and I’ll do the same.

Thanks,
Jim

Werner
Werner's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 months ago
Joined: 10/19/2012 - 15:00
Posts: 3679
Location: Germany

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/25953?page=1#comment-610792
Post#64

If you want 4P LEDs with one cell just wire it with one wire to the pad and make a bridge with another short cable to the other side

Does Is have suitable optics for the quad available?

Pages