TRUSTFIRE X100 BEAMSHOTS

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
screenburn
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 4 months ago
Joined: 04/03/2013 - 12:57
Posts: 11
Location: UK
TRUSTFIRE X100 BEAMSHOTS

Hi guys

I know i don’t really contribute much to BLF but i said if i ever has some nice beamshots i would post them up. I recently went camping with the girlfriend and got some nice night time shots with the Trustfire. For more details and distances please read the info below the images.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryandean/9239412645/in/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryandean/9239411029/in/photostream/

Thanks!

Nightbird95
Nightbird95's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 01/03/2013 - 01:16
Posts: 1153
Location: N 11º 08', E 124º 37'

Nice beamshots. Smile

I have an X-100 too but I haven’t tested it on distances that far. It is the brightest (floodiest) of my big lights but I did not know it can do 1000 meters. Shocked

Thanx for sharing. Smile

texas shooter
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 44 min ago
Joined: 08/26/2012 - 02:14
Posts: 1815
Location: Texas

You sir get the two thumbs up photo of the week. Nice to see photo taken with the light and target seen. Nice choice of lights too the X-100 is one of my favorites.

B42
B42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/07/2013 - 21:03
Posts: 1876

Very nice pics. Does it need the 4th battery for maximum brightness?

Rusty Joe
Rusty Joe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 07/24/2011 - 00:22
Posts: 3625
Location: Houston, TX

Had no idea that light could touch that distance. Thanks for the shots!

H.G.Sun
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 4 months ago
Joined: 04/11/2013 - 03:13
Posts: 141
Location: China

yes, really nice shot Smile

Boro
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 02/03/2012 - 15:52
Posts: 727
texas shooter wrote:
You sir get the two thumbs up photo of the week. Nice to see photo taken with the light and target seen. Nice choice of lights too the X-100 is one of my favorites.

+1

southland
southland's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 2 hours ago
Joined: 11/04/2012 - 07:15
Posts: 3205
Location: Georgia, USA

Nice shots, also looked at some of your other photos. Think your a professional photographer or should be.

panthervision23
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 10 months ago
Joined: 02/19/2013 - 00:37
Posts: 545

They look nice to me.

fishmaniac
fishmaniac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 1 week ago
Joined: 05/03/2011 - 07:21
Posts: 1019
Location: Peoples Republic of California

Nice landscape shots you got there.

Thanks for the pics!

JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8864
Location: Eastern PA

Beautiful shots! Thanks for sharing. 8)

Slewflash
Slewflash's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 5 days ago
Joined: 07/05/2012 - 08:43
Posts: 1977
Location: Australia, Melbourne

Just looked at all of your pictures, they’re beautiful!

Slewflash 

bibihang
bibihang's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 21 hours ago
Joined: 11/10/2011 - 09:32
Posts: 2445
Location: Malaysia

X100 can throw 1000 meters? Shocked

Nightbird95
Nightbird95's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 01/03/2013 - 01:16
Posts: 1153
Location: N 11º 08', E 124º 37'
bibihang wrote:
X100 can throw 1000 meters? Shocked

I can’t believe it either. My X-100 throws less than 400 meters I think. Definitely less than my K40 and even my Terminator. Unless his X-100 is modified? :~

mhanlen
mhanlen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 03/01/2013 - 11:42
Posts: 2601
Location: Eastern USA

I don’t think he has a special 1000 meter version- so I wouldn’t be too sad. You’ll notice that the 1000 meters one has a 90 second exposure. That probably accounts for the throw. The 450 meter one had a 60 second exposure. With those kinds of times, it really enhances the throw. The squiggly red line in the 1000 meter picture gives this away. His flashlight is probably on a tripod… that and the sky gives it away sorta too.

Nightbird95
Nightbird95's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 01/03/2013 - 01:16
Posts: 1153
Location: N 11º 08', E 124º 37'
mhanlen wrote:
I don’t think he has a special 1000 meter version- so I wouldn’t be too sad. You’ll notice that the 1000 meters one has a 90 second exposure. That probably accounts for the throw. The 450 meter one had a 60 second exposure. With those kinds of times, it really enhances the throw. The squiggly red line in the 1000 meter picture gives this away. His flashlight is probably on a tripod… that and the sky gives it away sorta too.

Oh I see. Shocked

Just like getting a picture of heavenly bodies. The only difference is that the scope used in astrophotography has motors to counter the Earth’s rotation. Smile

Budda
Budda's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 10 hours ago
Joined: 01/18/2012 - 14:57
Posts: 648
Location: Italy

I found this pic of the light

it is somewhere near 40’000 Cd, which means less than 250 meters. And around 3’400 lumens
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/11671

When I looked at the pics It seemed the beamshot of a FF3 or a powerful HID light, where you get a BIG, BLINDING, BRIGHT and THROWY hotspot with a LARGE and BRIGHT spill.
In the first picture you can see clearly it has a very long exposure from the moving red light on the left.

I mean, this are beautiful pics. I’ll be happy to be able to take photos like this once in a year. But this pics don’t show the exact power of the light.

Here are all my reviews on BLF

mhanlen
mhanlen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 03/01/2013 - 11:42
Posts: 2601
Location: Eastern USA
Nightbird95 wrote:
mhanlen wrote:
I don’t think he has a special 1000 meter version- so I wouldn’t be too sad. You’ll notice that the 1000 meters one has a 90 second exposure. That probably accounts for the throw. The 450 meter one had a 60 second exposure. With those kinds of times, it really enhances the throw. The squiggly red line in the 1000 meter picture gives this away. His flashlight is probably on a tripod… that and the sky gives it away sorta too.

Oh I see. Shocked

Just like getting a picture of heavenly bodies. The only difference is that the scope used in astrophotography has motors to counter the Earth’s rotation. Smile

Yes, had you seen the stars they probably would have been long lines.

screenburn
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 4 months ago
Joined: 04/03/2013 - 12:57
Posts: 11
Location: UK

Thanks, As far as i can judge there is not a difference in brightness when using only 3 battery’s but the battery life will suffer greatly. Iv managed to get a good hour and a bit out of it before it starts to dull down noticeably. I don’t make a habit of keeping it on for long periods as it does get rather hot up top!

screenburn
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 4 months ago
Joined: 04/03/2013 - 12:57
Posts: 11
Location: UK

Ok guys, I have had a read at your comments so i think i will explain a bit more of my set up and what i was trying to achieve in my shots.

So as mhanlen rightly noticed i take long exposure photography, It is one of my favorite types of photography as you can completely change the feel and character of an image by giving it some extra time to take in any moving elements and enhance light over a long period of time.

I should of explained that Yes! this flashlight is very powerful and will quite happily throw out a 250-300 meter beam But! if you combine this with some nice long exposure and some clever in camera work you can achieve some amazing light that seems to go on forever.

Sorry if i originally confused some people, I should of left more detail.

If anyone wants any information of how i take my long exposures and setup just let me know.

Cheer guys!

Calmaja
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 04/14/2013 - 11:06
Posts: 854
Location: Indonesia

You surely know how to take landscape photos. Beautiful pictures.

gords1001
gords1001's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 05/07/2012 - 14:02
Posts: 5276
Location: wigan england

they are real good shots.

regardless of the photo hocus pocus, they are really good shots.

Anyone know what an x100 is driven at because I have a build in mind……

B42
B42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/07/2013 - 21:03
Posts: 1876

Not sure what its driven at, but I think because of the more massive head its a better candidate for something like what Tom E did to the J18 Big Smile

Nightbird95
Nightbird95's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 01/03/2013 - 01:16
Posts: 1153
Location: N 11º 08', E 124º 37'

gords1001 wrote:
they are real good shots.

regardless of the photo hocus pocus, they are really good shots.

Anyone know what an x100 is driven at because I have a build in mind……

+1 I agree! They are really splendid shots. Smile

I would like to know how an X-100 is driven too. Also, I would like to know if someone here have already disassembled their X-100. I can’t disassemble mine – I don’t know how. :~