EDCGEAR carabiner tools, mini prybars, keyring gadgets, etc.

220 posts / 0 new
Last post
Helios-
Helios-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 week ago
Joined: 01/18/2012 - 21:12
Posts: 2099

That thing could scare anyone.


Counterfeit 18650s, 2,<a href=“http://

jealous57
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 15 hours ago
Joined: 04/17/2014 - 22:29
Posts: 700
Location: Upstate NY, USA

Helios- wrote:
That thing could DEVOUR YOUR SOUL.

Fixed Big Smile
Helios-
Helios-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 week ago
Joined: 01/18/2012 - 21:12
Posts: 2099

Thanks jealous57. Big Smile

Your safe in the UK from that one, Chloe. Tomato hornworm caterpillars are found in North America.


Counterfeit 18650s, 2,<a href=“http://

gearjunkie
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 7 months ago
Joined: 01/08/2012 - 21:33
Posts: 323
Location: Tennessee, United States

Helios- wrote:
Thanks jealous57. Big Smile

Your safe in the UK from that one, Chloe. Tomato hornworm caterpillars are found in North America.

I had those caterpillars before on my tomato plants. It almost ate up half the leaves of my plant before I noticed them and that was only a few days.

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Online
Last seen: 27 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 19541
Location: Palm Desert CA ~ West Coast is the best coast

8steve88 wrote:
Be sure to check your tomato crop carefully for caterpillars. Big smile 

Tomato worms!  Those suckers are freaky.   Evil

When my family grew tomatoes, it was my duty to get rid of those pests.

While wearing gloves, I would pick them up and put them on concrete.  Then I would crush them with a flat rock.  There was green blood liquid everywhere!   Smile

Then my dog, a Cardigan Welsh Corgi would eat the dead caterpillars.  He's smart; he would leave the living tomato worms the please_swear alone!   8)

jealous57
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 15 hours ago
Joined: 04/17/2014 - 22:29
Posts: 700
Location: Upstate NY, USA

Wow, even as “adults” they look pretty evil, lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manduca_quinquemaculata

Buwuve
Buwuve's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 6 months ago
Joined: 02/11/2011 - 14:49
Posts: 1975
Location: Germany

I have to buy some of the posted things. Do I need these? No, but I want to check some.

Two carabiner of NiteIze, which are listed today (Fasttech). Not my style, but maybe someone of you is searching for such a thing and we can post most mini tools in this thread (I prefer one bigger thread with most products as many small threads - it' easier to find the one you need).


1.
Niteize KIC-11-R3 Carabiner Clip Infini-Key Key Ring, price $2,13
2. Small black set: Niteize C9S-03-TP01 Figure 9 Carabiner Small Rope Tightener w/ Secures Ropes, load limit 22.5kg, 2*Carabiners, 2*Ropes (240cm*3mm), $7,34

1.  2.

Light up the darkness.

kaiser
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 11 months ago
Joined: 03/26/2014 - 15:48
Posts: 89
Location: 55° 43' 32.6", 24° 21' 59.65"

It’s as if someone reads my mind Smile
Just this morning I thought that my keychain got too bulky and I need a smarter way to organize my keys. Especially after adding Sanrenmu ZB-681 knife. It looks that Niteize KIC-11-R3 could help me with that.
Thanks Buwuve!

ri chevy
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 11/26/2011 - 20:50
Posts: 782
Location: Ocean State
Buwuve wrote:

I have to buy some of the posted things. Do I need these? No, but I want to check some.

Two carabiner of NiteIze, which are listed today (Fasttech). Not my style, but maybe someone of you is searching for such a thing and we can post most mini tools in this thread (I prefer one bigger thread with most products as many small threads – it’ easier to find the one you need).


1.
Niteize KIC-11-R3 Carabiner Clip Infini-Key Key Ring, price $2,13
2. Small black set: Niteize C9S-03-TP01 Figure 9 Carabiner Small Rope Tightener w/ Secures Ropes, load limit 22.5kg, 2*Carabiners, 2*Ropes (240cm*3mm), $7,34

1.  2.

Number 2 is a great deal. Even cheaper than Harbor Freight. HF offers only one for that price.

8steve88
8steve88's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 07/08/2013 - 11:22
Posts: 1828
Location: Cleveland U.K.
Buwuve wrote:

I have to buy some of the posted things. Do I need these? No, but I want to check some.

Two carabiner of NiteIze, which are listed today (Fasttech). Not my style, but maybe someone of you is searching for such a thing and we can post most mini tools in this thread (I prefer one bigger thread with most products as many small threads – it’ easier to find the one you need).


1.
Niteize KIC-11-R3 Carabiner Clip Infini-Key Key Ring, price $2,13
2. Small black set: Niteize C9S-03-TP01 Figure 9 Carabiner Small Rope Tightener w/ Secures Ropes, load limit 22.5kg, 2*Carabiners, 2*Ropes (240cm*3mm), $7,34

1.  2.

Just ordered those two. :bigsmile:
I’m wondering two things – is #2 genuine Niteize and what are the chances of it being genuine 550 paracord although it does only say 2×240cm of 3mm “Rope”.
Not bothered just curious.

Wojto
Wojto's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/16/2013 - 09:00
Posts: 127
Location: Poland

I bought this titanium thing for 6,66$ with shipping, it looks like a hex key but I’m not sure.

Do you see any similarities between them? Silly

I think it’s just a useless scrap part from the keychain with a hex key holes.

8steve88
8steve88's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 07/08/2013 - 11:22
Posts: 1828
Location: Cleveland U.K.

Wojto wrote:
I bought this titanium thing for 6,66$ with shipping, it looks like a hex key but I’m not sure.

Do you see any similarities between them? Silly

I think it’s just a useless scrap part from the keychain with a hex key holes.

The top one looks like the bottom one was cut out of it. I saw both those and passed on them, I like useless things but they’ve got to at least look useful. Wink

Chloe
Chloe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 4 months ago
Joined: 01/30/2013 - 14:14
Posts: 4595
Location: 联合王国
8steve88 wrote:
I’m wondering two things – is #2 genuine Niteize and what are the chances of it being genuine 550 paracord although it does only say 2×240cm of 3mm “Rope”.

NiteIze site sell them with rope too. But I doubt it is 550.
http://www.niteize.com/product/Figure-9-Carabiner-Large.asp

The Infini-key seems interesting but I’d worry about it opening just like I did with the S-biner.

8steve88
8steve88's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 07/08/2013 - 11:22
Posts: 1828
Location: Cleveland U.K.
Chloe wrote:
8steve88 wrote:
I’m wondering two things – is #2 genuine Niteize and what are the chances of it being genuine 550 paracord although it does only say 2×240cm of 3mm “Rope”.

NiteIze site sell them with rope too. But I doubt it is 550.
http://www.niteize.com/product/Figure-9-Carabiner-Large.asp

The Infini-key seems interesting but I’d worry about it opening just like I did with the S-biner.

The 550 paracord would be a bit wasted with the rating on the carabiner being 50lb, lanyard ahoy!

Teutate
Teutate's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 02/23/2013 - 08:55
Posts: 216
Location: Sussex

Chloe wrote:
Big Smile Big Smile

Oh, I have started growing tomatoes, baby plum tomatoes. ^^ But not for massacring! They are too cute, little plants growing… (pic added)



Those containers look familiar Party

8steve88
8steve88's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 07/08/2013 - 11:22
Posts: 1828
Location: Cleveland U.K.

Pair of these arrived today.


Quick service from AliExpress, about three weeks to the U.K.

Buwuve
Buwuve's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 6 months ago
Joined: 02/11/2011 - 14:49
Posts: 1975
Location: Germany

@8steve88:
Do you like the quality? Everytime I visit aliexpress I ask myslef: Should I buy a few? Another product of my maybe list is the "Punisher" looking tool.

Light up the darkness.

8steve88
8steve88's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 07/08/2013 - 11:22
Posts: 1828
Location: Cleveland U.K.
Buwuve wrote:

@8steve88:
Do you like the quality? Everytime I visit aliexpress I ask myslef: Should I buy a few? Another product of my maybe list is the “Punisher” looking tool.

Those “EDCgear 3 Holes Version EDC Multi-tool Quicly Knotting Tool CNC Stainless Steel Tool FREE SHIPPINGitems are as you would expect, well finished, and completely usable straight out of the packing.
The largest hole has a nice radius on the edge, so has the outer edge. the two smaller holes aren’t finished as well but they would be fine for round camp or wherever as long as you’re not hanging off a cliff face with them they’ll serve you well.
I’ve just ordered some more.
Everything that I’ve bought from AliExpress so far has been as expected, good quality.

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1657
Location: EU

My EDC Gear Skeleton Key has arrived today! Smile

The coolest detail is the mighty & deadly jumping fat cat at the back Big Smile

8steve88
8steve88's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 07/08/2013 - 11:22
Posts: 1828
Location: Cleveland U.K.

That’s a coincidence, I had one arrive today as well.

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1657
Location: EU

What do you think of the fit & finish? Is it similar to mine?

Wojto
Wojto's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/16/2013 - 09:00
Posts: 127
Location: Poland


They should make a better logo.

And my order of this titanium keychain has been canceled Sad

DB Custom
DB Custom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 01/13/2013 - 22:28
Posts: 20792
Location: Heart of Texas

Bummer! I’d have been really looking forward to that Ti one! Like the multi hex nut sizes, both standard and metric it looks like. I want one….

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1657
Location: EU

Wojto wrote:

They should make a better logo.

And my order of this titanium keychain has been canceled Sad

Wow that’s an impressive kitty-cat! Big Smile
EDC Gears should have chosen his/her silhouette as a logo! Smile

You can find that ti keychain wrench on Ali for ~ $10 shipped.

Chloe
Chloe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 4 months ago
Joined: 01/30/2013 - 14:14
Posts: 4595
Location: 联合王国

Love the cat! :bigsmile:

EDC should be every day cutie!

8steve88
8steve88's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 07/08/2013 - 11:22
Posts: 1828
Location: Cleveland U.K.
isti242 wrote:
What do you think of the fit & finish? Is it similar to mine?

Yes, even down to the strange blemish on the straight screwdriver blade. Could be better but I’m happy with it.

8steve88
8steve88's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 7 months ago
Joined: 07/08/2013 - 11:22
Posts: 1828
Location: Cleveland U.K.
Chloe wrote:

Love the cat! :bigsmile:

EDC should be every day cutie!

Chloe, you know that’s not the way to carry cats around, it gets altogether too messy when you sit down.
This is the only way to carry a cat without a cat proof suit.

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1657
Location: EU

I decided to remove the “double screwdriver” part for achieving a better grip:

Chloe
Chloe's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 4 months ago
Joined: 01/30/2013 - 14:14
Posts: 4595
Location: 联合王国

Browsing Simon’s store, he has some titanium stuff now including this Titaner pry bar (not sure if smooth or has grooves like in some pics):

And these stainless steel whistles:

Oh the EDCGear bar has the jumping cat now:

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Online
Last seen: 27 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 19541
Location: Palm Desert CA ~ West Coast is the best coast

Chloe wrote:
Oh the EDCGear bar has the jumping cat now...

Fixed that for ya!   Wink

jumping_cat_095

Pages