XINTD C8 V5 XP-G2 S2 & XM-L2 U2

88 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

zeremefico
zeremefico's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 03/27/2012 - 02:44
Posts: 1397
Location: Greece
XINTD C8 V5 XP-G2 S2 & XM-L2 U2

The fifth generation of XINTD from intl-outdoor is here.
Using XP-G2, looks like a thrower.


MCPCB soldered directly to pill & no gasket to center the led, only an insulation disc (better focus that way???)

—————————————————————————
XM-L2 version updated to version 5 too, but no direct solder between MCPCB and pill. product description updated as direct solder – picture added.

₪₪₪₪ ΟΥΔΕΝ ΚΡΥΠΤΟΝ ΥΠΟ ΤΟΝ ΗΛΙΟ ₪₪₪₪

My YouTube channel

Flashlights & edc gear

K40M F16

Edited by: zeremefico on 04/13/2014 - 17:04
nofearek9
nofearek9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/08/2012 - 08:46
Posts: 1355
Location: Cyprus

looks nice,pcb is soldered to pill.

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8821
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

looks very nice

looking forward to the first review

PLEASE NOTE
i do not work in "reviews, deals and codes" for the time being
maybe M4D M4X will return one day, but until then:

THANK YOU FOR YEARS OF YOUR SUPPORT AND FRIENDLY CONTACTS!

Wojto
Wojto's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 week ago
Joined: 11/16/2013 - 09:00
Posts: 127
Location: Poland

zeremefico wrote:

XM-L2 version updated to version 5 too, but no direct solder between MCPCB and pill


Are you sure?
Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3999
Location: Honeyland

AR coated lens, direct thermal path MCPCB reflowed on the pill, pill screws into the reflector, genuine LEDs, forward clicky, non-whining 7135 driver, etc, lots of good stuff. Maybe a non-C8 (original build) body should be chosen as it kind of drags the light down when is called and looking C8.

PH_Oton
PH_Oton's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/21/2014 - 08:15
Posts: 158
Location: Croatia

I think this is the best stock budget flashlight I’ve ever seen.

BanglaBob
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 10/11/2010 - 23:09
Posts: 936
Location: The Little Red Dot
Hikelite wrote:

AR coated lens, direct thermal path MCPCB reflowed on the pill, pill screws into the reflector, genuine LEDs, forward clicky, non-whining 7135 driver, etc, lots of good stuff. Maybe a non-C8 (original build) body should be chosen as it kind of drags the light down when is called and looking C8.

My thoughts exactly Smile

Lights out! That's when things get interesting...

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8821
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

what will RMM do with them? Wink

PLEASE NOTE
i do not work in "reviews, deals and codes" for the time being
maybe M4D M4X will return one day, but until then:

THANK YOU FOR YEARS OF YOUR SUPPORT AND FRIENDLY CONTACTS!

zeremefico
zeremefico's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 03/27/2012 - 02:44
Posts: 1397
Location: Greece

Wojto wrote:
zeremefico wrote:

XM-L2 version updated to version 5 too, but no direct solder between MCPCB and pill


Are you sure?
!http://intl-outdoor.com/images/U2xinv5_05.jpg!

I am sure it wasn’t the time I was writing this.

₪₪₪₪ ΟΥΔΕΝ ΚΡΥΠΤΟΝ ΥΠΟ ΤΟΝ ΗΛΙΟ ₪₪₪₪

My YouTube channel

Flashlights & edc gear

K40M F16

zeremefico
zeremefico's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 49 min ago
Joined: 03/27/2012 - 02:44
Posts: 1397
Location: Greece

M4D M4X wrote:
what will RMM do with them? Wink

2×18350, zener qlite & MT-G2???

₪₪₪₪ ΟΥΔΕΝ ΚΡΥΠΤΟΝ ΥΠΟ ΤΟΝ ΗΛΙΟ ₪₪₪₪

My YouTube channel

Flashlights & edc gear

K40M F16

bibihang
bibihang's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 56 min ago
Joined: 11/10/2011 - 09:32
Posts: 2452
Location: Malaysia

Nice. Hank and his team really know how to build flashlights! Now the only thing that it lack of is being driven real hard! I think even those branded flashlights are not implementing this MCPCB board soldered directly on the pill yet.

If I want to use gasoline to dedome the LED I have to soak the whole pill into the gasoline now Shocked , and the disadvantage is if I want to swap the LED I have to use flame to heat the whole pill assembly!

ChiggerPepi
ChiggerPepi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 day ago
Joined: 08/20/2012 - 19:32
Posts: 630
Location: Big Island, Hawaii

bibihang wrote:
Nice. Hank and his team really know how to build flashlights! Now the only thing that it lack of is being driven real hard! I think even those branded flashlights are not implementing this MCPCB board soldered directly on the pill yet.

If I want to use gasoline to dedome the LED I have to soak the whole pill into the gasoline now Shocked , and the disadvantage is if I want to swap the LED I have to use flame to heat the whole pill assembly!

Yes, but I think the point is, he’s building a flashlight “perfect” the first time, so you shouldn’t ever have to change the LED!

I’ve been buying the XinTD’s since V2, and they are just plain the best bang for buck available. You don’t have to mess with ‘em!

blueb8llz
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 21 hours ago
Joined: 06/02/2012 - 01:16
Posts: 3203
Location: California
M4D M4X wrote:
what will RMM do with them? Wink

a dedomed xpg2 that will hit the 200kcd mark

HarleyQuin
HarleyQuin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/29/2013 - 04:47
Posts: 588

What would be a good way of reflowing the star to the pill?
Butane torch?
Soldering iron or frying pan will hardly give enough heat. And oven is not an option…
I got a XintD host here and an XP-G2 on noctigon. I never thought matching them but I wouldn’t worry about heat @3A anymore when they are soldered.

Oshpark Boards:
HQ ProgKey: Universal Driver Programming Key . Boost: HQ 15mm/17mm programmable boost driver with ATtiny13A
46mm Triple-Channel: BLF SRK FET v3 . 17mm Linear: HQ10D / HQ4D / HQ4S . Contact Boards: 22/24/26mm

bibihang
bibihang's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 56 min ago
Joined: 11/10/2011 - 09:32
Posts: 2452
Location: Malaysia

ChiggerPepi wrote:
Yes, but I think the point is, he’s building a flashlight “perfect” the first time, so you shouldn’t ever have to change the LED!

I’ve been buying the XinTD’s since V2, and they are just plain the best bang for buck available. You don’t have to mess with ‘em!


True and I do see your point. My concern is if I want to dedome the LED and for some reason the LED messed up and I need to replace it with a new one, I have to use something like a butane torch to do it by then. I wonder what method do they use to solder the Noctigon on the pill considering they need to do it fast (production) and good finishing.
RMM
RMM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 07/23/2013 - 13:47
Posts: 4006
Location: USA

I'm not sure what method they ended up using, although I did talk with them a few times along the way as they were preparing for this changeover.  The obvious difficulty is in getting the LED centered.  

The bare host (XinTD MTN) will still be available for those who want to build their own or modify without having to break out the blowtorch!   

When I get my first copies I am planning on building two identical lights up at around 5.0A, one with the soldered MCPCB another with my typical Arctic Silver job held down tight by the reflector.  I will then measure what kind of gains the directly bonded MCPCB offers by comparing the amount of lumens lost due to heat sag.

Mountain Electronics : batteries, Noctigon, and much more! What's new? 

manxbuggy1
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 04/24/2012 - 07:27
Posts: 721
Location: Montgomery, Texas
RMM wrote:

I’m not sure what method they ended up using, although I did talk with them a few times along the way as they were preparing for this changeover.  The obvious difficulty is in getting the LED centered.  

The bare host (XinTD MTN) will still be available for those who want to build their own or modify without having to break out the blowtorch!   

When I get my first copies I am planning on building two identical lights up at around 5.0A, one with the soldered MCPCB another with my typical Arctic Silver job held down tight by the reflector.  I will then measure what kind of gains the directly bonded MCPCB offers by comparing the amount of lumens lost due to heat sag.

Looking forward to your results. That way I know which one to buy from you! Lol. You can never have too many hot rod C8’s.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3999
Location: Honeyland

bibihang wrote:
Nice. Hank and his team really know how to build flashlights! Now the only thing that it lack of is being driven real hard! I think even those branded flashlights are not implementing this MCPCB board soldered directly on the pill yet. If I want to use gasoline to dedome the LED I have to soak the whole pill into the gasoline now Shocked , and the disadvantage is if I want to swap the LED I have to use flame to heat the whole pill assembly!

Well current is deceiving check this thread check this C8 comparison. http://budgetlightforum.com/node/23092                               

The XP-G2 driven with 100% more than is should so that is hard driven (3A).

bibihang
bibihang's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 56 min ago
Joined: 11/10/2011 - 09:32
Posts: 2452
Location: Malaysia

Hikelite wrote:

Well current is deceiving check this thread check this C8 comparison. http://budgetlightforum.com/node/23092                 ...

The XP-G2 driven with 100% more than is should so that is hard driven (3A).


Well I overlook that one, I was keep thinking that it must be an XM-L2 inside lol. I can imagine that with the XP-G2 version by simply dedoming the LED it may gives around 100kcd if not more.

As for the XM-L2 version 3A is just “within spec”. Silly

bikenber73
bikenber73's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/12/2011 - 15:09
Posts: 2184
Location: Maryland USA

CRAP there goes $30.

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 6380
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

Yeah, it’s a beaut!

I like how the reflector screws in the pill, making the whole thing a heatsink.

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5766
Location: Long Island, New York

I have a 2 mode V3 XM-L U3 I'm extremely happy with. As much as I'm tempted to get a V5 XM-L2 U2, I think I'll hold off for a while until someone reviews it.

Boycott Nike

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3999
Location: Honeyland

bibihang wrote:
Hikelite wrote:

Well current is deceiving check this thread check this C8 comparison. http://budgetlightforum.com/node/23092                 ...

The XP-G2 driven with 100% more than is should so that is hard driven (3A).

Well I overlook that one, I was keep thinking that it must be an XM-L2 inside lol. I can imagine that with the XP-G2 version by simply dedoming the LED it may gives around 100kcd if not more. As for the XM-L2 version 3A is just "within spec". :p

Yeah Smile

Link wasn't good before.  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/23092

TexasToasted
TexasToasted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 08:48
Posts: 1371
Location: Texas Gulf Coast
HarleyQuin wrote:
What would be a good way of reflowing the star to the pill?

I had to reflow 3 LEDs in my Shadow SL3. I ordered the warm emitter version, but Fasttech sent me the cool version. I had to remove the electronics and the rubber switch cover then heat the entire head using the pre-heater in this hot air station. Worked great.

HarleyQuin
HarleyQuin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/29/2013 - 04:47
Posts: 588

At $170 this might be slightly out of budget, though. :bigsmile:
But it will certainly get the job done.
I’ll borrow some kitchen gas burner, read somewhere they get up to 800°C, but can be adjusted. XP-G2 flambé…

Oshpark Boards:
HQ ProgKey: Universal Driver Programming Key . Boost: HQ 15mm/17mm programmable boost driver with ATtiny13A
46mm Triple-Channel: BLF SRK FET v3 . 17mm Linear: HQ10D / HQ4D / HQ4S . Contact Boards: 22/24/26mm

TexasToasted
TexasToasted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 08:48
Posts: 1371
Location: Texas Gulf Coast

I used my toaster oven, set to 360 deg F to remove the old LEDs. Worked fine. I could have used it to reflow the new emitters, but I wanted to be able to see them as the solder melted.
I do a lot of electronic repair, so I decided to go ahead and upgrade my soldering station to the hot air rework unit I show above.

jmpaul320
jmpaul320's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 05/22/2012 - 09:06
Posts: 4190
Location: CT

oh poo the xpg2 is sold out

i see it says 8× 380ma 7135 chips – does that mean they are pushing 3.04a to that xpg2 ? Smile Smile

Would you mind keeping the wrong flashlight?
Best wish, May
Tmart service team

 

Soumil wrote:

PLEASE HELP ME GEARBEsT! IM LITERALLY CRYING!

 

SchwarzeWolke
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/06/2014 - 16:09
Posts: 90
Location: Cologne

jmpaul320 wrote:
oh poo the xpg2 is sold out

Fast!
jmpaul320 wrote:
i see it says 8× 380ma 7135 chips – does that mean they are pushing 3.04a to that xpg2 ? Smile Smile

Wrote some emails with Hank, he said that it’s driven at 3A.
GregY
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 days ago
Joined: 02/14/2014 - 15:38
Posts: 59
Location: USA
SchwarzeWolke wrote:
jmpaul320 wrote:
oh poo the xpg2 is sold out
Fast!
jmpaul320 wrote:
i see it says 8× 380ma 7135 chips – does that mean they are pushing 3.04a to that xpg2 ? Smile Smile
Wrote some emails with Hank, he said that it’s driven at 3A.

I thought that was a little… weird, then I looked at Match’s test results http://budgetlightforum.com/node/19331 and the Vf of an xpg2 at 3A is surprisingly low (at least to me). It’ll have better regulated runtime than an xml.

HarleyQuin
HarleyQuin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/29/2013 - 04:47
Posts: 588
GregY wrote:
I thought that was a little… weird, then I looked at Match’s test results http://budgetlightforum.com/node/19331 and the Vf of an xpg2 at 3A is surprisingly low (at least to me). It’ll have better regulated runtime than an xml.

As far as I remember Match himself didn’t trust his Vf measurements (whereas his lumen recording seemed pretty accurate and I regularly rely to his charts).
When djozz did his “crash testing” he stated Vf as well and had 3.55V at 3A for an XP-G2. That sounded very reasonable – and is higher than XM-L2 with 3.4V at 3A and much higher than an XM-L, which seems to have a Vf of 3.15-3.20 at 3A. Here is the post of djozz with the graphs for XM-L2 and XP-G2.

Oshpark Boards:
HQ ProgKey: Universal Driver Programming Key . Boost: HQ 15mm/17mm programmable boost driver with ATtiny13A
46mm Triple-Channel: BLF SRK FET v3 . 17mm Linear: HQ10D / HQ4D / HQ4S . Contact Boards: 22/24/26mm

WarHawk-AVG
WarHawk-AVG's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 06:47
Posts: 5071
Location: H-Town

Whoah! XP-G2 pumping 3A…that thing has GOT to be making some heat! Nice!

Pages