Australia Based Deals / Info / Links / Discussion

577 posts / 0 new
Last post
mapache
mapache's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 days ago
Joined: 08/10/2015 - 09:34
Posts: 1212
Location: Vic, Aus

Yeah, that’s why I added the edit. I thought it was click and collect at first.

They also have a “Cree” 23 inch light bar for $29 (plus $9.xx postage fee), I’m almost tempted at that price and even though it’s supposedly twice as bright as my old driving lights I am sure it will be disappointing especially with that tint, and swapping 23 leds won’t be fun with my skills.

Syndicate
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 04/30/2017 - 20:22
Posts: 16
Location: Australia

Anybody find any good deals with Amazon AU’s soft launch?

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

mapache
mapache's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 days ago
Joined: 08/10/2015 - 09:34
Posts: 1212
Location: Vic, Aus

Those TF prices on Au Amazon are excellent.
I know I mentioned it in the Amazon/TF thread, but I will mention it again because I am happy to see Aussies finally getting a fair go!

mapache
mapache's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 days ago
Joined: 08/10/2015 - 09:34
Posts: 1212
Location: Vic, Aus

For those that like things that go bang, or maybe have a huge flashlight collection, SCA has these on special for $99.xx, normally $189.xx.

They are a tad short and a bit on the heavy side at slightly over 9KG!, but seem robust. A 40” OAL with optic and 37” without optic just fits (and I mean just) and should be fine for flat carrying in a vehicle but for rough handling you wouldn’t want much longer than 36” OAL. The hinge pins are steel, it has two padlock points, and wheels to help with all that weight. The pick and pluck seems to be of average quality and I have an idea for a foam upgrade. Lol, this is starting to sound more like a review. I’ll just leave the link and go before someone asks for photos of my foam removal skills.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/ToolPro-Safe-Case-1135-x-420-x-...

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

I’ll have to check it out tomorrow.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

mapache
mapache's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 days ago
Joined: 08/10/2015 - 09:34
Posts: 1212
Location: Vic, Aus

Should be able to get an extra 5% discount by ordering through ebay with code P5ozzie, but that means a lot of stuffing around if you want to look at the case first.

Suncoaster
Suncoaster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 02/22/2012 - 07:14
Posts: 2192
Location: Where the girls are green and the grass is pretty.

They could be used to ship motorcycle forks..

"In the land of the blond the one eyed man is king."

*This message is protected with ROT26 encryption.Old Lumens

mapache
mapache's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 days ago
Joined: 08/10/2015 - 09:34
Posts: 1212
Location: Vic, Aus

^ lol, first thing to enter my head was an image of forks with an optic tied to one side. Sick

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3736
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Hey lads i seen this deal on Ebay so i bought one. Two sellers have the same item for around the same price, To me it seems suss but its cheap enough to buy and try. It does say save $30 so i will find out the hard way lol its a similiar design to the rest of the re-flow station on Ebay. It also says shipping from Sydney my shipping was like $6 to Sydney.

AIR GUN Desoldering Soldering REWORK SMD STATION 3 Nozzles CE HUAKO 858D -ST

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/AIR-GUN-Desoldering-Soldering-REWORK-SMD-STATION-3-Nozzles-CE-HUAKO-858D-ST/172659314480?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

FmC
FmC's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 1 day ago
Joined: 03/31/2013 - 05:23
Posts: 2197
Location: Brisbane, AU

That looks like a great deal.

There were some of these a while ago with a dodgy earth – might be a good idea to flip the lid & check it out prior to using it. Beer
everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3736
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

FmC wrote:
That looks like a great deal. There were some of these a while ago with a dodgy earth – might be a good idea to flip the lid & check it out prior to using it. Beer

I just seen more under my listing on the sales page but when i search for them i can not find the links. I think maybe because its not a main brand like Yihua?

This one is $17.95 shipped. Now i feel ripped of lol. The one i bought does have reviews on it and they said the earth for the nozzle was just floating maybe i can screw it in place.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Useful-AIR-GUN-Desoldering-Soldering-REWORK-SMD-STATION-3-Nozzles-CE-HUAKO-858D-/182512217095?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 3123
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Any Aussie’s sub’d in this thread that’ll be modding the emitter in their GT to something a bit cooler?

Would love to get in on that action as the stock 4000k emitter will grind on me

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

I’m not sure if I’ll mod or not until I use the light. What were you planning on putting in?

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 3123
Location: Brisbane, Australia
MRsDNF wrote:
I’m not sure if I’ll mod or not until I use the light. What were you planning on putting in?

Probably a NW XHP70.2 or a CW version of the stock emitter

DoNkEyConN
DoNkEyConN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/28/2017 - 04:17
Posts: 409
Location: Brisvegas, Australia

Hello Fellow Aussies,

The Thorfire Rep contacted me and asked me to share these deals with everyone.
Here are a few discount codes for various Thorfire Lights on the new Amazon Australia.

20% off code for C8S: T93SA64F
C8S AU: http://amzn.to/2FJrpR1 (link is external)

20% off code for VG15S: 7PRPYFNB
VG15S AU: http://amzn.to/2D8MzWW (link is external)

20% off code for VG10S: CYTKSJD9
VG10S AU: http://amzn.to/2EMZP3J

Cheers Beer Beer Beer

skinny_tie
skinny_tie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 39 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 09/23/2017 - 03:14
Posts: 527
Location: Australia
DoNkEyConN wrote:
The Thorfire Rep contacted me and asked me to share these deals with everyone. Here are a few discount codes for various Thorfire Lights on the new Amazon Australia.

I love what ThorFire are doing with their Australian Amazon store – the prices are good, the range has expanded since launch, and now they’re sharing discount codes.

All we need now is a discount code to bring the Q8 down to the Banggood discount price. Wink

DoNkEyConN
DoNkEyConN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/28/2017 - 04:17
Posts: 409
Location: Brisvegas, Australia
skinny_tie wrote:
DoNkEyConN wrote:
The Thorfire Rep contacted me and asked me to share these deals with everyone. Here are a few discount codes for various Thorfire Lights on the new Amazon Australia.

I love what ThorFire are doing with their Australian Amazon store – the prices are good, the range has expanded since launch, and now they’re sharing discount codes.

All we need now is a discount code to bring the Q8 down to the Banggood discount price. Wink

Yeah the Rep that has been in contact with me did mentiom that they are trying to get the Q8 in the aussie amazon store too. Fingers crossed it happens an we get a good coupon Wink

skinny_tie
skinny_tie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 39 min 35 sec ago
Joined: 09/23/2017 - 03:14
Posts: 527
Location: Australia
DoNkEyConN wrote:
skinny_tie wrote:
DoNkEyConN wrote:
The Thorfire Rep contacted me and asked me to share these deals with everyone. Here are a few discount codes for various Thorfire Lights on the new Amazon Australia.

I love what ThorFire are doing with their Australian Amazon store – the prices are good, the range has expanded since launch, and now they’re sharing discount codes.

All we need now is a discount code to bring the Q8 down to the Banggood discount price. Wink

Yeah the Rep that has been in contact with me did mentiom that they are trying to get the Q8 in the aussie amazon store too. Fingers crossed it happens an we get a good coupon Wink

I could have sworn I saw the Q8 in the Aussie store recently – I remember being a bit surprised by the price – but it’s not there now. Hopefully that means they’re almost ready to list it and they’re just working out how to give us an awesome price.

Either that or I just dreamed it.

mapache
mapache's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 days ago
Joined: 08/10/2015 - 09:34
Posts: 1212
Location: Vic, Aus

The Q8 was in the Aus store for something like 24hrs and then vanished.

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

Thanks for the heads up DoNkEyConN.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

kontour
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 01/25/2018 - 05:09
Posts: 10

Anyone have any idea where I can get a spacer for an S2+ triple build?

MTN sell them but postage to Aus is ridiculous and I can’t seem to find them anywhere else.

DoNkEyConN
DoNkEyConN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/28/2017 - 04:17
Posts: 409
Location: Brisvegas, Australia

kontour wrote:
Anyone have any idea where I can get a spacer for an S2+ triple build?

MTN sell them but postage to Aus is ridiculous and I can’t seem to find them anywhere else.

ask kiriba-ru in this thread, he might be able to help ya out.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/45343

I recently got a kit to me make make C8 a triple.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3736
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

kontour wrote:
Anyone have any idea where I can get a spacer for an S2+ triple build?

MTN sell them but postage to Aus is ridiculous and I can’t seem to find them anywhere else.

Hey mate cheap option is this. I am about to build a triple S2+ using this end capping i am going to fill mine for extra heat sinking. I will let you know how it goes.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/kinetic-20mm-copper-capillary-end-cap_p4880055

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3736
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Hey lads i bought some Isopropyl Alcohol from eBay for a good price. I bought the one from Sydney solvents but they raised their price back up i paid $13.50 with the 10% site wide deal.

This is even better you get 5L for $10 with free shipping. Isopropyl alcohol is great for electronics and things like cleaning LEDs. I use it after dedoming an LED to clean the surface and after soldering to clean up flux.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pure-Isopropyl-Alcohol-99-99-Artists-Choice-...

Robowski
Robowski's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/30/2018 - 04:56
Posts: 184
Location: Australia

Hi Guys,

I would just like to say G’day to all of you from sunny/rainy/windy Perth. I’m very new on this forum.
I don’t know of any current Aussie deals except for the 10 lumen, cree clone, plastic torch with the expired AA battery that I got at Bunnings for $4.00….
Life just doesn’t get any better!
And BLF is a great forum to be part of and good to see all of you here.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3736
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Robowski wrote:
Hi Guys,

I would just like to say G’day to all of you from sunny/rainy/windy Perth. I’m very new on this forum.
I don’t know of any current Aussie deals except for the 10 lumen, cree clone, plastic torch with the expired AA battery that I got at Bunnings for $4.00….
Life just doesn’t get any better!
And BLF is a great forum to be part of and good to see all of you here.

Hey mate welcome to BLF lots and lots of Aussie on here as you have already noticed.

The thread is here incase you stumble across any deals feel free to post them up Big Smile

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 25 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 3123
Location: Brisbane, Australia

everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
Robowski wrote:
Hi Guys,

I would just like to say G’day to all of you from sunny/rainy/windy Perth. I’m very new on this forum.
I don’t know of any current Aussie deals except for the 10 lumen, cree clone, plastic torch with the expired AA battery that I got at Bunnings for $4.00….
Life just doesn’t get any better!
And BLF is a great forum to be part of and good to see all of you here.

Hey mate welcome to BLF lots and lots of Aussie on here as you have already noticed.

The thread is here incase you stumble across any deals feel free to post them up Big Smile

3 weeks since an upload mate, you’re slipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cracks whip

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 54 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3736
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

lionheart_2281 wrote:
everydaysurvivalgear wrote:
Robowski wrote:
Hi Guys,

I would just like to say G’day to all of you from sunny/rainy/windy Perth. I’m very new on this forum.
I don’t know of any current Aussie deals except for the 10 lumen, cree clone, plastic torch with the expired AA battery that I got at Bunnings for $4.00….
Life just doesn’t get any better!
And BLF is a great forum to be part of and good to see all of you here.

Hey mate welcome to BLF lots and lots of Aussie on here as you have already noticed.

The thread is here incase you stumble across any deals feel free to post them up Big Smile

3 weeks since an upload mate, you’re slipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cracks whip

I broke my phone so i am back to using an older phone i dont know if its worth to do a review seeing as the camera is bad. Actually i have my action cam i can use but for a week i had no phone at all had to repair this one. Ill get the Xiaomi app thing for the cam.

ssschen
ssschen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/10/2017 - 22:11
Posts: 375
Location: Australia

Robowski wrote:
Hi Guys,

I would just like to say G’day to all of you from sunny/rainy/windy Perth. I’m very new on this forum.
I don’t know of any current Aussie deals except for the 10 lumen, cree clone, plastic torch with the expired AA battery that I got at Bunnings for $4.00….
Life just doesn’t get any better!
And BLF is a great forum to be part of and good to see all of you here.

Can’t believe there is a Aussie thread on the forum. I am from Perth too. Smile

Pages