What blade did you EDC today?

3962 posts / 0 new
Last post
-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 13 hours ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2740
Location: France, Angers

Gorgeous, I just posted a comment on your blog

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1628
Location: EU
X3 wrote:
Gorgeous, I just posted a comment on your blog

Thank you! The UTX85 is pretty but the king of the hill is the HALO V. Cool

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 15649
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

Man, I wish switchblades with a 3" blade were legal in California!

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1628
Location: EU
raccoon city wrote:

Man, I wish switchblades with a 3” blade were legal in California!

You can’t win all the time! Wink
I could sacrifice this easily for living in California. Smile

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 15649
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

I don't live in the best part of California, but I do love it here.  :THUMBS-UP:

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 15649
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

I just noticed something very strange in the OP:

edited

It says that I edited Dale's post two years ago, but I'm not a moderator, and I don't have that capability!

DB Custom
DB Custom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 01/13/2013 - 22:28
Posts: 20715
Location: Heart of Texas

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2092
Location: United states

I have been edc this $7 blade for almost one year.. major upgrade is coming tomorrow. So please keep in touch with this thread.

466_EC8_FC-_BEE9-48_EB-_A900-78_AF7_D3_B28_A9

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 47 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 15649
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

Kershaw Knockout 1870OLBK!

ks_knockout_1870olblk

Satisfaction
Satisfaction's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/13/2018 - 07:50
Posts: 126
Location: Vermont

Just got a new EDC knife. I have had a few of these, the quality is wonderful and this model is just a bit smaller than my other 2. I purchased my first one in 1995 when I was flown to the Wasp for a root canal while doing fleet workups when I was in the Navy. I cannot speak highly enough about these knives!
https://shop.myerchin.com/TF377P-Gen-2-Titanium-Crew-Pro-TF377P.htm

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2092
Location: United states

I got my spyderco gayle Bradley 2. This will be my edc knife.
E202_C8_FF-4039-42_D7-8054-_CBE51_C724_D79

weklund
weklund's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 08/16/2014 - 10:32
Posts: 938
Location: Orange, Ca.

… Land 9103 …

… Thanks Power Cutlery …

... Happy Landings ...

arficus
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/11/2013 - 06:10
Posts: 188
Location: PNW

Caly3

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 772
Location: SAK-land

I’m with @arficus even though it’s my work knife and today I’m off

http://adahnsplace.blogspot.ch

sparkyDK
Offline
Last seen: 20 hours 32 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2017 - 11:30
Posts: 511
Location: Denmark

I like that sailor knife whit the ( unknown english name to me ) spike in the end, which you use when you splice rope and wires.
Then again not many splice rope or wires today it seem, at least not the wires ( and they sure as hell are a pain to work )

I think i can still splice the most common rope types, but it have been a long time since i learned and did it i have to admit.

arficus
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/11/2013 - 06:10
Posts: 188
Location: PNW

Adahn, did you round the edges of your carbon scales?

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 772
Location: SAK-land

arficus wrote:
Adahn, did you round the edges of your carbon scales?

Click the link below the pick, then you’ll know Wink

Ok, I’ll give you another one Wink

http://adahnsplace.blogspot.ch/

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1628
Location: EU

My pimped Kershaw:

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 772
Location: SAK-land

isti242 wrote:
My pimped Kershaw:
!{width:100%}https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kiMSAK-GPA4/Wqwog0nePOI/AAAAAAAAcrs/_okuuj_Ak...!

Nice job.
Now 10 minutes in ferric chloride, then 1-2 hours in a rock tumbler with nice rounded stones and you should get a nice and even iced stonewash finish which is much less acting as a fingerprint magnet Wink
isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1628
Location: EU
Adahn wrote:
isti242 wrote:
My pimped Kershaw: !{width:100%}https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kiMSAK-GPA4/Wqwog0nePOI/AAAAAAAAcrs/_okuuj_Ak...!
Nice job. Now 10 minutes in ferric chloride, then 1-2 hours in a rock tumbler with nice rounded stones and you should get a nice and even iced stonewash finish which is much less acting as a fingerprint magnet Wink

Thanks but at the moment I’m so happy I managed to get rid of the bead blasted finish which acted as a rust magnet for me. Smile

Satisfaction
Satisfaction's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/13/2018 - 07:50
Posts: 126
Location: Vermont

It is a marlin spike, not only is it needed for splicing, it is also excellent for helping to untie knots.

Newlumen
Newlumen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 05/27/2017 - 00:19
Posts: 2092
Location: United states

I just got my spyderco gayle bradley 2. I love it.. its a 3.8 in blade.. i think i will buy another spyderco in smaller blade like 2.5 or 2.8 in s30v..

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 772
Location: SAK-land
isti242 wrote:
Adahn wrote:
isti242 wrote:
My pimped Kershaw: !{width:100%}https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-kiMSAK-GPA4/Wqwog0nePOI/AAAAAAAAcrs/_okuuj_Ak...!
Nice job. Now 10 minutes in ferric chloride, then 1-2 hours in a rock tumbler with nice rounded stones and you should get a nice and even iced stonewash finish which is much less acting as a fingerprint magnet Wink

Thanks but at the moment I’m so happy I managed to get rid of the bead blasted finish which acted as a rust magnet for me. Smile
!{width:100%}https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-jDjQ5oIWklI/WqwowUqj6kI/AAAAAAAAcsI/0PZEAQBLU...!


I know what you mean. I always hated Kershaw for that stupid bead blasting.
Even “stainless” steel is getting dark spots very quickly when the surface is that rough.
I only had some clips that were blasted but didn’t rust.
Besides those I polished and stonewashed every other bead blasted blade after a while.
It’s looking and feeling nice but it’s only ok when it’s done on titanium or G10.
isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1628
Location: EU
Adahn wrote:
I know what you mean. I always hated Kershaw for that stupid bead blasting. Even “stainless” steel is getting dark spots very quickly when the surface is that rough. I only had some clips that were blasted but didn’t rust. Besides those I polished and stonewashed every other bead blasted blade after a while. It’s looking and feeling nice but it’s only ok when it’s done on titanium or G10.

I totally agree.
I’d like to try stone washing but I have no idea what sort of “stones” I should use for a nice even finish.

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 772
Location: SAK-land
isti242 wrote:
Adahn wrote:
I know what you mean. I always hated Kershaw for that stupid bead blasting. Even “stainless” steel is getting dark spots very quickly when the surface is that rough. I only had some clips that were blasted but didn’t rust. Besides those I polished and stonewashed every other bead blasted blade after a while. It’s looking and feeling nice but it’s only ok when it’s done on titanium or G10.

I totally agree.
I’d like to try stone washing but I have no idea what sort of “stones” I should you use for a nice even finish.


Easy. Go to a playground and see if they have pebbles around some toys.
These stones are perfect. Get a good mix of bigger and smaller ones for an even finish.

Don’t forget to coat the pivot area and the lockface with nail polish.
If you want to be extra careful, get a pair of thicker washers that cover the pivot area and tighten them with screw and nut before you throw the blade into the can.
This way you don’t only protect that area from the etchant but also from getting scratched afterwards.

https://adahnsplace.blogspot.ch/2018/03/stonewashing-machine.html

isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1628
Location: EU

Thanks a lot, that’s an excellent idea! Thumbs Up

Volt SS:

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 772
Location: SAK-land

isti242 wrote:
Thanks a lot, that’s an excellent idea! Thumbs Up

Volt SS:
!{width:100%}https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Km7c7JqBMOA/Wq1SEfjJ7ZI/AAAAAAAAcvU/Hth-xmbEp...!


Is that Volt SS deassistable?
isti242
isti242's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 2 hours ago
Joined: 07/09/2011 - 15:11
Posts: 1628
Location: EU

Adahn wrote:
isti242 wrote:
Thanks a lot, that’s an excellent idea! Thumbs Up

Volt SS:
!{width:100%}https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Km7c7JqBMOA/Wq1SEfjJ7ZI/AAAAAAAAcvU/Hth-xmbEp...!


Is that Volt SS deassistable?

I guess if you can drill a hole for the detent…

Adahn
Adahn's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 6 sec ago
Joined: 07/10/2016 - 06:29
Posts: 772
Location: SAK-land

isti242 wrote:
Adahn wrote:
isti242 wrote:
Thanks a lot, that’s an excellent idea! Thumbs Up

Volt SS:
!{width:100%}https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Km7c7JqBMOA/Wq1SEfjJ7ZI/AAAAAAAAcvU/Hth-xmbEp...!


Is that Volt SS deassistable?

I guess if you can drill a hole for the detent…


Yeah, tried that on the Leek and the Cryo.
Bad thing was that I’ve shortened the thumb studs on the Leek before that because it’s a crappy flipper without the spring but it would work well with the thumb studs.
The Cryo is just a heavy ugly brick to me, regretted that I ever got it.

Why I ask, I like the Kershaw Chill a lot but it’s a tad too small and the 8Cr dulling way too quickly.
A bigger variant with a better steel would be nice but not those huge ones like the Ti clone with the heart line on it…

Lobster
Lobster's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 01/13/2016 - 12:34
Posts: 169

Pages