16mm Noctigons for MT-G2

18 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ouchyfoot
Ouchyfoot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 12 hours ago
Joined: 09/01/2012 - 06:15
Posts: 5089
Location: Canada
16mm Noctigons for MT-G2

Hanks got them. 16mm Noctigons for MT-G2. Mounted and unmounted.

http://intl-outdoor.com/index.php?main_page=products_new&zenid=9c9d2a688...

aoeu
aoeu's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 02/16/2014 - 04:44
Posts: 793
Location: Sydney, Australia

What’s a good host for these? I figure it’s going to be in a 30second hand-burner application.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18162
Location: Amsterdam

Cool! So what is the obvious mod to use this board/led with?

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

djozz wrote:
Cool! So what is the obvious mod to use this board/led with?

We need DBC to answer this.

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

Itinifni
Itinifni's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 11/03/2011 - 20:45
Posts: 792
Location: The Great Northeast, USA

Mini-Mag mule, direct drive with two 14500 INRs.

I remember a time, when I searched for lights to fit my needs. Now I search for needs to fit my lights.

ChibiM
ChibiM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 05/09/2011 - 10:25
Posts: 6835
Location: Holland

They should also make them bigger, not smaller.

I want one for my Ultrafire M51, which has a 32mm board.
I have a maxtoch mcpcb from banggood, but its 26mm and thinner than the original mcpcb.
The original one isn`t DTP...therefore want something bigger.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18162
Location: Amsterdam

...and today MT-G2 on new 25mm Noctigon, with 4 XQ-E pads, a wild board!

leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4278
Location: San Diego, CA

Where do you get the XQ-E emitters and the driver(s) that can run a MT-G2 and those XQ-E?  Oh wait, Mouser has red, blue and green emitters.  I didn't see amber, red-orange or royal blue.  Then you'll probably need a light with two buttons and enough space for two floating drivers.

The low mode should be lower.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3891
Location: Honeyland

leaftye wrote:

Where do you get the XQ-E emitters and the driver(s) that can run a MT-G2 and those XQ-E?  Oh wait, Mouser has red, blue and green emitters.  I didn't see amber, red-orange or royal blue.  Then you'll probably need a light with two buttons and enough space for two floating drivers.

Cutter has several XQ-E emitters, colors, warm whites, etc.

There are a couple of modders here making multiple color lights with one switch and one driver.

leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4278
Location: San Diego, CA

Hikelite wrote:
Cutter has several XQ-E emitters, colors, warm whites, etc.

There are a couple of modders here making multiple color lights with one switch and one driver.

Not like this.

6V MT-G2, 3V XQ-E.  Sure, you could get a driver that works in 6V, but is there a color 6V driver, and are you willing to run half the colors by running two of them in series to get down to 3V?

The low mode should be lower.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3891
Location: Honeyland

4 XQ-E in 2S2P configuration if you want all the same color, just an idea.  (like 850 lumens of green light)

Luxeon UV should fit the XQ-E pads, I think it should since they are almost identical, 4 of them blasting UV light.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18162
Location: Amsterdam

Hikelite wrote:


Luxeon UV should fit the XQ-E pads, I think it should since they are almost identical, 4 of them blasting UV light.

wow, 4x Luxeon UV, that will be a pricy flashlight Surprised

I guess any led with two pads will fit, indeed LuxeonZ, but Nichia 119 should work too.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3891
Location: Honeyland

djozz wrote:

Hikelite wrote:


Luxeon UV should fit the XQ-E pads, I think it should since they are almost identical, 4 of them blasting UV light.

wow, 4x Luxeon UV, that will be a pricy flashlight Surprised

I guess any led with two pads will fit, indeed LuxeonZ, but Nichia 119 should work too.

XQ-E is 1.6 x 1.6mm and the Luxeon UV is a 1.7 x 1.3mm (but almost the same size pads so will match)

Nichia 119 is 3.5 x 3.5mm, huge LED compared to the XQ-E.

zeremefico
zeremefico's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 03/27/2012 - 02:44
Posts: 1391
Location: Greece

Any idea for update on mt-g2 bin?

₪₪₪₪ ΟΥΔΕΝ ΚΡΥΠΤΟΝ ΥΠΟ ΤΟΝ ΗΛΙΟ ₪₪₪₪

My YouTube channel

Flashlights & edc gear

K40M F16

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18162
Location: Amsterdam

Hikelite wrote:

Nichia 119 is 3.5 x 3.5mm, huge LED compared to the XQ-E.

I have reflowed oslon leds on XP-boards while oslon leds have a smaller footprint, it is all not that critical. With this simple double-pad footprint I'm sure you can get the 119 succesfully reflowed, even though the pads on the emitters are way bigger.

Cereal_killer
Cereal_killer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/22/2013 - 13:10
Posts: 4005
Location: Ohio
leaftye wrote:

Hikelite wrote:
Cutter has several XQ-E emitters, colors, warm whites, etc.

There are a couple of modders here making multiple color lights with one switch and one driver.

Not like this.

6V MT-G2, 3V XQ-E.  Sure, you could get a driver that works in 6V, but is there a color 6V driver, and are you willing to run half the colors by running two of them in series to get down to 3V?

Wouldn’t be hard to pick up GND for the color channels from between the cells, especially in a sidexside host like say a ZY-T08. Or use an SRK style light with 2p2s 18350 and 2p1s 18650.

I guess the race is on between tterev3 and I now.

Edit: in fact it’d eliminate the need to voltage protect (Zener mod) the MCU since it could run off the low voltage side. That’s it, I’m doing this. Who wants to bankroll?

 RIP  SPC Joey Riley, KIA 11/24/14. Now I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3891
Location: Honeyland

djozz wrote:

Hikelite wrote:

Nichia 119 is 3.5 x 3.5mm, huge LED compared to the XQ-E.

I have reflowed oslon leds on XP-boards while oslon leds have a smaller footprint, it is all not that critical. With this simple double-pad footprint I'm sure you can get the 119 succesfully reflowed, even though the pads on the emitters are way bigger.

 

Overlapped the pads, no doubt you can do it as you said, but I am not sure how useful is to fit 4.1 times bigger LED there. Took the size info from the datasheets. Luxeon Z is the same size and pads as Luxeon UV, turns out they will fit just fine on the same pads and be discreet as XQ-E are.

nofearek9
nofearek9's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/08/2012 - 08:46
Posts: 1350
Location: Cyprus

anyone used the 25mm board with 4 XQ-Es ?