Amazon Deal Alerts & Discussion Thread

5299 posts / 0 new
Last post
Muto
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 16:42
Posts: 2699
Location: Southeast, PA
xevious wrote:
Bwana wrote:
dthrckt wrote:
Couldn’t resist that! Would have bought 2 but it said 11 left so wanted to leave another for BLFers

I didn’t order one – trying to resist – down to 7 left !

Now down to 3 left, as of 6pm EST. I wonder what battery brand is “Volador”… never heard of them before. Would’ve snapped up one of these if the cells were Sofirn.

Have a couple Volador flashlights and they were the same as Thorfire which became Sofirn so do the math Smile

The difference between Hoarding and Collecting is the illusion of Organization
.
.“I will get one of flashlight from patrol car”

“History doesn’t repeat itself, but it sometimes rhymes,” Mark Twain

After the Apocalypse there will be only 2 things left alive, Cockroaches and Keith Richards

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 15042
Location: LI NY

JeffN wrote:
habeba86 wrote:
jeff51 wrote:
habeba86 wrote:
pennzy wrote:
habeba86 wrote:
Rechargeable High Lumens LED Flashlight, Powerful 3000 Lumen Flashlights, Brightest Tactical Torch, 5 Lighting Modes, IPX7 Waterproof, Camping, Outdoor, Emergency, EDC Flashlight https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZFC3JQF/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_0W0S37BXZVB... Not bad for almost $20 on sale
Doesn't look half bad really. The specs say zoomable but I don't think it is.
Its not zoomable,I have it.
How do you like it? What's the UI like? Thanks
For what it is im more than happy with it. Battery is definitely not to rated mah, I think it was about 800 off. UI is high,med,low single click. If you hold the button it goes to turbo. It does drop down on turbo. Ill post some comparison shots to my edc18.
Received mine today. The UI is different than you posted - single click L/M/H/Off. Long press from anywhere, on or off, goes to Turbo. Double click from anywhere, on or off, goes to strobe. My only quibble is that if you single click you have to go through L/M/H to turn it off. No memory, either. Can't speak to actual battery capacity or lumen output, but it did charge the battery to 4.19v and hold it there. Button changed from red to blue, not green, when it was fully charged - no biggy. For the $21 I paid, I'm very satisfied.

This light appears to be an Amutorch X9 clone, but in all aluminum (X9 has titanium and/or SS), different optics, different LED's, probably different driver. The size and design is a dead-on match.

X9 here: https://www.nealsgadgets.com/products/amutorch-x9

 

ch1ir
Online
Last seen: 14 min 11 sec ago
Joined: 06/08/2019 - 06:30
Posts: 483
Location: Lou, Ky

Tom E wrote:

JeffN wrote:
habeba86 wrote:
jeff51 wrote:
habeba86 wrote:
pennzy wrote:
habeba86 wrote:
Rechargeable High Lumens LED Flashlight, Powerful 3000 Lumen Flashlights, Brightest Tactical Torch, 5 Lighting Modes, IPX7 Waterproof, Camping, Outdoor, Emergency, EDC Flashlight https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZFC3JQF/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_0W0S37BXZVB... Not bad for almost $20 on sale
Doesn’t look half bad really. The specs say zoomable but I don’t think it is.
Its not zoomable,I have it.
How do you like it? What’s the UI like? Thanks
For what it is im more than happy with it. Battery is definitely not to rated mah, I think it was about 800 off. UI is high,med,low single click. If you hold the button it goes to turbo. It does drop down on turbo. Ill post some comparison shots to my edc18.
Received mine today. The UI is different than you posted – single click L/M/H/Off. Long press from anywhere, on or off, goes to Turbo. Double click from anywhere, on or off, goes to strobe. My only quibble is that if you single click you have to go through L/M/H to turn it off. No memory, either. Can’t speak to actual battery capacity or lumen output, but it did charge the battery to 4.19v and hold it there. Button changed from red to blue, not green, when it was fully charged – no biggy. For the $21 I paid, I’m very satisfied.

This light appears to be an Amutorch X9 clone, but in all aluminum (X9 has titanium and/or SS), different optics, different LED’s, probably different driver. The size and design is a dead-on match.


X9 here: https://www.nealsgadgets.com/products/amutorch-x9


 


I have this generic version, I like it

Emisar D⁴, Astrolux C8, BLF A6, Sofirn sp36aV2, Reylight Mini Pineapple, BLF 348 KillZone, Lumintop IYP07, Emisar D18, Boruit D10, Manker e01, Ultrafire z1, Massdrop titanium AAA, Astrolux HL01, Armytek Wizard Pro Nichia, Tacklife LFL3A, Astrolux FT03, Zanflair T1

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 16182
Location: nyc
ch1ir wrote:
Tom E wrote:

JeffN wrote:
habeba86 wrote:
jeff51 wrote:
habeba86 wrote:
pennzy wrote:
habeba86 wrote:
Rechargeable High Lumens LED Flashlight, Powerful 3000 Lumen Flashlights, Brightest Tactical Torch, 5 Lighting Modes, IPX7 Waterproof, Camping, Outdoor, Emergency, EDC Flashlight https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZFC3JQF/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_navT_g_0W0S37BXZVB... Not bad for almost $20 on sale
Doesn’t look half bad really. The specs say zoomable but I don’t think it is.
Its not zoomable,I have it.
How do you like it? What’s the UI like? Thanks
For what it is im more than happy with it. Battery is definitely not to rated mah, I think it was about 800 off. UI is high,med,low single click. If you hold the button it goes to turbo. It does drop down on turbo. Ill post some comparison shots to my edc18.
Received mine today. The UI is different than you posted – single click L/M/H/Off. Long press from anywhere, on or off, goes to Turbo. Double click from anywhere, on or off, goes to strobe. My only quibble is that if you single click you have to go through L/M/H to turn it off. No memory, either. Can’t speak to actual battery capacity or lumen output, but it did charge the battery to 4.19v and hold it there. Button changed from red to blue, not green, when it was fully charged – no biggy. For the $21 I paid, I’m very satisfied.

This light appears to be an Amutorch X9 clone, but in all aluminum (X9 has titanium and/or SS), different optics, different LED’s, probably different driver. The size and design is a dead-on match.


X9 here: https://www.nealsgadgets.com/products/amutorch-x9


 

I have this generic version, I like it

At least the “new” UI sounds lots better than the “old” one.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Bwana
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 02/27/2020 - 06:57
Posts: 573
Location: NEW JERSEY

Willcrew DX11 1050 Lumen Dive Light Underwater LED Flashlight, 150M IP68 Waterproof Scuba Diving Torch Handheld Flashlight, 4 Mode, with Rechargeable Battery and Charger

$46.99 with prime and a $26.00 coupon applied at checkout

https://www.amazon.com/Willcrew-Underwater-Flashlight-Waterproof-Recharg...

xevious
xevious's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 02/27/2013 - 21:55
Posts: 2832
Location: Hoboken, NJ USA

Muto wrote:

Have a couple Volador flashlights and they were the same as Thorfire which became Sofirn so do the math Smile
OK, good to know.

BTW, the low stock count reset. Now just “In Stock.” But the coupon changed from $50 off to $40 off. Tired

jimahi
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 10/17/2015 - 08:25
Posts: 182
Location: Pacific NW

jimahi wrote:
300W portable power station for $29.99

The reviews are mixed but it can be returned until end of January if you get a dud.

Amazon Link

UPDATE: It looks like the extra $100 coupon is now gone from the page.

I received mine today. Build quality seems decent, but the AC outlets don’t grab the plug very firmly. I didn’t open it up, but I’m guessing they are using some cheap PC mounted connectors vs a standalone outlet. It had a charge of 58% from the factory. The included charger charges at 60W and it took around 2-3 hours to get it to 100%. The manual says it takes 5.5 to 6.5 hours to fully charge (from 0%). I tried the AC output and it works fine. I don’t have a PD device, so can’t say if that is implemented properly. If it doesn’t die an early death (like some of the reviews said), then it is a solid deal at $30. I hope some other folks on here were able to grab one before the coupon disappeared.

Richie086
Richie086's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 01/06/2012 - 08:43
Posts: 1670
Location: Long Island, New York

jimahi wrote:
jimahi wrote:
300W portable power station for $29.99

The reviews are mixed but it can be returned until end of January if you get a dud.

Amazon Link

UPDATE: It looks like the extra $100 coupon is now gone from the page.

I received mine today. Build quality seems decent, but the AC outlets don’t grab the plug very firmly. I didn’t open it up, but I’m guessing they are using some cheap PC mounted connectors vs a standalone outlet. It had a charge of 58% from the factory. The included charger charges at 60W and it took around 2-3 hours to get it to 100%. The manual says it takes 5.5 to 6.5 hours to fully charge (from 0%). I tried the AC output and it works fine. I don’t have a PD device, so can’t say if that is implemented properly. If it doesn’t die an early death (like some of the reviews said), then it is a solid deal at $30. I hope some other folks on here were able to grab one before the coupon disappeared.

I ordered one and should be here on Friday. If there is a problem with it, I’m not going to return it, but if necessary, I’ll scavenge the batteries out of it or something.
Interesting to note, it’s actually sold under several other names. One being, ALLWEI Portable Power Station 300W, and Newpowa Portable Power Station 300W.

The AllWei may be an older model that featured a solid “U” shaped handle that didn’t fold down. I’m sure it made it more difficult to store. The NewPowa version had the fold-down
handle, same as the PowerExtra. Another thing to note is that reviews on all three versions were mixed. I may open mine up before trying to turn it on just to check out
the boards and wiring just in case.

Richie

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Online
Last seen: 5 min 37 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 17614
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA
turkeydance
turkeydance's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2020 - 18:53
Posts: 1195

WOOT says $16 will get you 4 of these with 12 batteries:

https://sport.woot.com/offers/vont-spark-led-headlamp-flashlight-4pack?r...

Richie086
Richie086's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 01/06/2012 - 08:43
Posts: 1670
Location: Long Island, New York

ORHFS 300W Portable Power Station (For Those That Missed The First One)

Although the same unit as the other deal, it’s $209.99 and $100.00 coupon off
for a total of $109.99. Not nearly as good a deal as the other deal from the other
seller.

ORHFS 300W Portable Power Station

Richie

flightless22
flightless22's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 hours 2 min ago
Joined: 11/19/2018 - 12:07
Posts: 592
Location: California

Moobibear Smart LED Flood Lights, 2 Pack 40W Color Changing Floodlight

$32.00

First impressions: The build quality is not bad. The body is painted/powered coated aluminum. There’s no onboard controls, not even on/off – it’s all controlled by the a coin cell powered remote or ‘Magic Home’ app via Wifi or BLE. The remote is lacking. The app is well designed. it’s responsive and controls individually or all at once. I only tried bluetooth /local mode. it works without an account or wifi access. The CCT Tint and RGB colors are adjustable with a color wheel. Brightness dims to 1 lumen or less. CCT White is significantly brighter than the RGB mode. I doubt it’s 40w equivalent but it’s bright enough. Barely noticeable PMW in lower levels in camera. It could benefit with a diffusor. Overall it’s a pretty good flood light.

Plasmatoast
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2021 - 18:35
Posts: 101
Location: Maine, USA

carsknivesbeer wrote:
-https://www.amazon.com/Zebralight-H600w-18650-Neutral-Headlamp/dp/B0797K...

Zebralight H600w used for 51$-

OOS, hopefully someone here snagged it.

I snagged it, just came in. It’s brand new not sure why it was a warehouse deal. I expected the worst to get it loose in a bag or some random cheap light inside the box .. but everything was like new didn’t look like it had ever been opened. Super happy with my first zebralight . Thank you for posting!
koss
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 4 days ago
Joined: 11/12/2016 - 19:26
Posts: 53
Location: USA

Richie086 wrote:
ORHFS 300W Portable Power Station (For Those That Missed The First One)

Although the same unit as the other deal, it’s $209.99 and $100.00 coupon off
for a total of $109.99. Not nearly as good a deal as the other deal from the other
seller.

ORHFS 300W Portable Power Station

With all the reports of smoke and fire it was only barely a good deal at $30. this one looks better to me at the $99 price point

https://amzn.to/3bUmP3L
code: XGZNKJRI

habeba86
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 08/06/2020 - 00:40
Posts: 23

xevious wrote:
Muto wrote:

Have a couple Volador flashlights and they were the same as Thorfire which became Sofirn so do the math Smile
OK, good to know.

BTW, the low stock count reset. Now just “In Stock.” But the coupon changed from $50 off to $40 off. Tired

I received mine today. Has volador etched on it. Nice light!!

Airoff
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 1 min ago
Joined: 11/05/2020 - 10:45
Posts: 27

habeba86 wrote:
xevious wrote:
Muto wrote:

Have a couple Volador flashlights and they were the same as Thorfire which became Sofirn so do the math Smile
OK, good to know.

BTW, the low stock count reset. Now just “In Stock.” But the coupon changed from $50 off to $40 off. Tired

I received mine today. Has volador etched on it. Nice light!!

Great to hear! Mine arrives Friday, but I did receive this one today from the same seller, also with the Volador name printed on it:

Bwana wrote:
Willcrew DX11 1050 Lumen Dive Light Underwater LED Flashlight, 150M IP68 Waterproof Scuba Diving Torch Handheld Flashlight, 4 Mode, with Rechargeable Battery and Charger

$46.99 with prime and a $26.00 coupon applied at checkout

https://www.amazon.com/Willcrew-Underwater-Flashlight-Waterproof-Recharg...

turkeydance
turkeydance's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2020 - 18:53
Posts: 1195
chops728
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 43 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2014 - 16:00
Posts: 1645
Location: Swampland,La

Another cheap meter—- I got one — because that’s what I do —- buy things I don’t need

https://www.myvipon.com/product/8975008-Digital-Multimeter-Tester-Voltag...USB-amazon-coupons&f=deal&search_tid=618557f95094bb4d2c216cb5

xevious
xevious's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 02/27/2013 - 21:55
Posts: 2832
Location: Hoboken, NJ USA

turkeydance wrote:
$11.24 using code 503NBGAZ

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZSC7JRX?tag=1sale06-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&ps...

Funny, they have a “worklight” option and one of the images spells military as “militery”. They show a 20% coupon, so I take it this other coupon is applied on top? Is that from Vipon?
pennzy
pennzy's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 4156
Location: United States , Pa.

Sometimes coupons stack and other times they don’t. Plug it in your cart and see.

Bwana
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 02/27/2020 - 06:57
Posts: 573
Location: NEW JERSEY

xevious wrote:
turkeydance wrote:
$11.24 using code 503NBGAZ

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08ZSC7JRX?tag=1sale06-20&linkCode=ogi&th=1&ps...

Funny, they have a “worklight” option and one of the images spells military as “militery”. They show a 20% coupon, so I take it this other coupon is applied on top? Is that from Vipon?

The coupons indeed stack bring the price to $8.38 for me , However there aren’t any positive reviews for this model . So I am not sure if I should buy .

Richie086
Richie086's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 21 min ago
Joined: 01/06/2012 - 08:43
Posts: 1670
Location: Long Island, New York

Received my PowerExtra 300w Power bank today. Arrived in perfect condition and brand new, not some customers return. It had about 54% charge on it,
which seems about right for shipping. I gave it a very careful test before charging it. All inputs/outputs work perfectly. The cigarette lighter input is not regulated,
so when the power bank was at 54% charge, the output power was reading only about 10.52v, which should not be a surprise. The 72w charging brick it came with
is doing a good job recharging it The A/C outlets don’t grab the 3-prong a/c cords as tight as I’d like, but it’s fine. The manual clearly states the output wave is Pure Sine,
so I’m really happy about that. I don’t recall the sales page on Amazon mentioning that. I’m still going to be careful with it for a while yet to make sure it remains
in good working condition, but so far, for $32.00 delivered, it’s a smoking deal (No Pun Intended)

Just a couple of photos for you.

Richie

Bwana
Offline
Last seen: 42 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 02/27/2020 - 06:57
Posts: 573
Location: NEW JERSEY

DONLYN Flashlight 5000 High Lumens

$14.99 with Prime and another 30% off applied at checkout which comes to $10.49

https://www.amazon.com/DONLYN-Flashlight-Flashlights-Rechargeable-Resist...

jeff51
jeff51's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 03/26/2019 - 17:36
Posts: 1279
Location: Middle of Texas

Bwana wrote:
DONLYN Flashlight 5000 High Lumens

$14.99 with Prime and another 30% off applied at checkout which comes to $10.49

https://www.amazon.com/DONLYN-Flashlight-Flashlights-Rechargeable-Resist...


Interesting, a XHP70.3…
Still for $10.50, I may have to give it a try…
chops728
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 43 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2014 - 16:00
Posts: 1645
Location: Swampland,La

I bought a couple of these shops lights —Last night I decided to try one out in the driveway —- I blinded myself from the reflection off of my white van —- I kept seeing the image of all those LEDs — this thing is stupid bright

https://www.myvipon.com/product/8938770

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 4156
Location: United States , Pa.

jeff51 wrote:
Bwana wrote:
DONLYN Flashlight 5000 High Lumens

$14.99 with Prime and another 30% off applied at checkout which comes to $10.49

https://www.amazon.com/DONLYN-Flashlight-Flashlights-Rechargeable-Resist...


Interesting, a XHP70.3…
Still for $10.50, I may have to give it a try…

I’m afraid of it. Also their math about 10000 mah is wrong.
xevious
xevious's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 02/27/2013 - 21:55
Posts: 2832
Location: Hoboken, NJ USA

pennzy wrote:
jeff51 wrote:
Bwana wrote:
DONLYN Flashlight 5000 High Lumens

$14.99 with Prime and another 30% off applied at checkout which comes to $10.49

https://www.amazon.com/DONLYN-Flashlight-Flashlights-Rechargeable-Resist...


Interesting, a XHP70.3…
Still for $10.50, I may have to give it a try…

I’m afraid of it. Also their math about 10000 mah is wrong.
It’s 2×5000mAh, as 2×26650 cells. Just over $10 is terribly inexpensive… which speaks volumes about the flashlight. I wouldn’t trust those 26650 cells, as they must be some sort of $1 cheapie in there. Not going to trust that built-in charger either!
turkeydance
turkeydance's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 14 min ago
Joined: 02/20/2020 - 18:53
Posts: 1195

ok.
it is Target.
$8, usually $42.
abundant parts bins.

https://www.target.com/p/rubbermaid-30pc-food-storage-container-set-with...

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 48 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 16182
Location: nyc

“Out of stock.”
“Out of stock.”
“Cannot be shipped to your location.”
“Not available for delivery”

Ie, nuttin’.

What’s their deal?

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

pennzy
pennzy's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 19:45
Posts: 4156
Location: United States , Pa.

xevious wrote:
pennzy wrote:
jeff51 wrote:
Bwana wrote:
DONLYN Flashlight 5000 High Lumens

$14.99 with Prime and another 30% off applied at checkout which comes to $10.49

https://www.amazon.com/DONLYN-Flashlight-Flashlights-Rechargeable-Resist...


Interesting, a XHP70.3…
Still for $10.50, I may have to give it a try…

I’m afraid of it. Also their math about 10000 mah is wrong.
It’s 2×5000mAh, as 2×26650 cells. Just over $10 is terribly inexpensive… which speaks volumes about the flashlight. I wouldn’t trust those 26650 cells, as they must be some sort of $1 cheapie in there. Not going to trust that built-in charger either!

They’re claiming 10000 mah but 2 series cells don’t double the capacity, only the voltage. Not a big misstatement but I still wouldn’t trust them.

Pages