Why you should never buy to Gearbest

166 posts / 0 new
Last post
TheBorgCollective
TheBorgCollective's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/29/2015 - 12:23
Posts: 33
Location: wales

only 1 tracking number, and no mention of split parcels

vēer
vēer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 01/07/2012 - 14:23
Posts: 2829
Location: N Europe

Either refund directly from them or Paypal case should be opened ;)!

1dash1
1dash1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2015 - 22:02
Posts: 1576
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

1dash1 wrote:
Submitted ticket for my Yezl Y3. Ordered 9/19/2015, received 10/13/2015. It arrived with switch lying inside package, detached.

  • Filed claim ticket on 10/13/2015, including pictures.
  • Received response from Gearbest on 10/15/2015. Gearbest said that it was a “small defect” and offered to compensate me with $5.00 Gearbest store credit.
  • I sent my response to Gearbest on 10/15/2015, telling them that their $5 offer was not acceptable. I requested a repair, replacement or refund.
  • Gearbest sent a message back on 10/16/2015, requesting a video documenting the damage. (WHAT A VIDEO WOULD SHOW THAT A PHOTOGRAPH WOULD NOT, I DON’T KNOW!)
  • I sent Gearbest a video on 10/16/2015.
  • Today, I sent them another message, asking whether they had reviewed the video.

Wait and see.

10/19/2015 _ Gearbest offered to either give me an in-store credit for the full purchase price or to send me another. I chose the in-store credit. No mention was made of returning the defective product.

Now, I’m waiting for the in-store credit to appear on my account (My GB Wallet).

I’ll post here when I receive the credit.

So far, the claim process has gone quite smoothly! Smile

Rule 1-1 as it applies to life, take it as it comes.

1dash1
1dash1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2015 - 22:02
Posts: 1576
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

Meanwhile, I put in a separate claim for my long lost Red Convoy S2+.

8/24/2015 _ Ordered one Red Convoy S2+.

10/18/2015 _ I put in a claim ticket requesting refund or re-send item.

10/19/2015 _ Gearbest responded that the package was sent and that it should be delivered by October 26.

10/19/2015 _ I responded that I will wait until October 26 before taking any further action.

Note: With a stated delivery time of 10-25 business days, that would mean that the package left their store between September 21st and October 12. There is nothing on the order tracking information other than the last update on 8/26/2015, which reports update information as “undefined”.

Rule 1-1 as it applies to life, take it as it comes.

beaconterraone
beaconterraone's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 08/24/2015 - 19:10
Posts: 157
Location: Mendocino County, California

Hugsby XP-1 ordered on 1 October 2015.

Shipped via China Post, unregistered, 4 October 2015.

Authentic Hugsby XP-1 received safely today, 20 October 2015. This XP-1 has all the marks of a real one, unlike many.

brad
brad's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 02:07
Posts: 2566
Location: USA

Why are you spamming the thread with your orders?

Not what we have but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.

beaconterraone
beaconterraone's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 08/24/2015 - 19:10
Posts: 157
Location: Mendocino County, California
brad wrote:
Why are you spamming the thread with your orders?

#1: understand what the term “spam” actually means.

#2: understand that real data on orders from GearBest is 100% relevant to this thread.

brad
brad's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 02:07
Posts: 2566
Location: USA

I understand that you keep posting some sort of argument to our shipping problems with Gearbest, by repeatedly posting about your order arrivals, something we could have done, before we ran into problems with them.

Gearbest shipping and order fulfillment is a serious problem, can’t you find a better way to argue for them?

Not what we have but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.

vēer
vēer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 01/07/2012 - 14:23
Posts: 2829
Location: N Europe

I believe that GB shipping survey thread should be the one where to post updates regarding received orders :).

brad
brad's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 02:07
Posts: 2566
Location: USA

This is a survey thread?

The title indicates more of a complaint/awareness thread.

Not what we have but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.

beaconterraone
beaconterraone's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 08/24/2015 - 19:10
Posts: 157
Location: Mendocino County, California

brad wrote:
I understand that you keep posting some sort of argument to our shipping problems with Gearbest, by repeatedly posting about your order arrivals, something we could have done, before we ran into problems with them.

Gearbest shipping and order fulfillment is a serious problem, can’t you find a better way to argue for them?

vēer wrote:
I believe that GB shipping survey thread should be the one where to post updates regarding received orders :).

My apologies, I didn’t realize this was the “GearBest Sucks and you better not disagree” thread.

GearBest hasn’t screwed me, unlike other Chinese sellers. I also value their efforts at bringing the BLF-348 Group Buy, currently underway, to reality.

I guess I’ll leave you all to your Two-Minutes Hate:

GEARBEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

vēer
vēer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 01/07/2012 - 14:23
Posts: 2829
Location: N Europe

Did I imply that this is a survey thread?

No, you simply assumed I did.

Dont you know theres GB shipping issue survey thread made by Gearbest? I believe that one would be more appropriate for beaconterraone to post his order arrival.

vēer
vēer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 01/07/2012 - 14:23
Posts: 2829
Location: N Europe

Beacon – where is hate in my post, please quote it.

beaconterraone
beaconterraone's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 08/24/2015 - 19:10
Posts: 157
Location: Mendocino County, California
vēer wrote:
Dont you know theres GB shipping issue survey thread made by Gearbest? I believe that one would be more appropriate for beaconterraone to post his order arrival.

My posts are statements of fact, not opinion, intended to speak up for GearBest. They were posted here deliberately. I believed they were much better & positive than a tirade of “you people suck because I love GearBest!” type posts.

I must say, I am both enlightened & amused at how this thread has shown me more of the dynamics at this forum. A lot of people jumped on top of Joshk for being defrauded by Banggood, and I was, initially, his only defender. Here, now, I am the whipping boy for daring to defend GearBest.

brad
brad's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 02:07
Posts: 2566
Location: USA

beaconterraone, you just keep posting your orders, that is a troll’s way of killing a thread.

At least you were until you decided to step it up a notch.

Not what we have but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.

vēer
vēer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 01/07/2012 - 14:23
Posts: 2829
Location: N Europe

First – that post, that you just quoted was addressed to Brad, look it up next time you quote something assuming that people are addressing you.

Number two – you seem to be taking it very personally.

beaconterraone
beaconterraone's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 08/24/2015 - 19:10
Posts: 157
Location: Mendocino County, California

brad wrote:
beaconterraone, you just keep posting your orders, that is a troll’s way of killing a thread.

At least you were until you decided to step it up a notch.

Relax. Your anger is only affecting you, not me.

There is no way my posts of fact could kill this thread; they can only help the undecided to weigh all of the evidence. As for “stepping it up a notch,” please do notice you initiated that by calling me a spammer.

Anyways, save for something egregious, I’ll let this go now, and leave the thread.

brad
brad's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 12/04/2012 - 02:07
Posts: 2566
Location: USA

How angry and personal and aggressive are you going to get, to argue against our problems and Paypal claims against
Gearbest?

We get it, you don’t like us discussing our issues that we are having with Gearbest, but we need to discuss them, and air them, that is one of the purposes of the forum.

You made your defense of them, but you don’t need to take over the thread and keep repeating yourself, and getting so angry in their behalf.

Not what we have but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance.

1dash1
1dash1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2015 - 22:02
Posts: 1576
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

I’m in the same boat as you, but I just started the waiting for store credit. Can you post an update when you receive yours (assuming that they eventually follow through)?

TIA 0:)

Rule 1-1 as it applies to life, take it as it comes.

vēer
vēer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 01/07/2012 - 14:23
Posts: 2829
Location: N Europe

Perhaps they are waiting for your Paypal protection to expire and then start to re-negotiate refund amount?

Rufusbduck
Rufusbduck's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/04/2012 - 15:34
Posts: 10401
Location: Golden state

Av’d

Three Tanna leaves to give him life, nine to give him movement. But what if he eats the whole bag?

Scott

TheBorgCollective
TheBorgCollective's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/29/2015 - 12:23
Posts: 33
Location: wales

exactly the same happened to me a few months ago – then I mentioned paypal and the funds went in the very next day :bigsmile:

1dash1
1dash1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2015 - 22:02
Posts: 1576
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

Skytrooper wrote:
I just received a message from GearBest Support saying, “I have applied to refund you,please check it in your account after one week.” What is this “after one week” stuff? I already waited 8 days. Two days ago, the GearBest rep who posts on BLF told me the store credit had been “applied” and would appear in my GearBest Wallet in 2 or 3 days; now it’s “after one [more] week.” This is ridiculous. Once a merchant has agreed to post a refund, especially a store credit, why should it take so long to process?

Thanks for the update.

My impression of Gearbest is that they aren’t deliberately trying to cheat anyone … they are just terribly disorganized/compartmentalized. One hand doesn’t know what the other one is doing. The language barrier adds another level of frustration to the process, as different service representatives misspeak or provide answers that aren’t exactly true.

Whenever I dialogue in a foreign tongue using Google Translate, I do a translation into the language then a re-translation back into english. Often times, the re-translation is not what I intended to say. Sometimes, I have to go through this process iteratively dozens of times before getting a return translation that is satisfactory. So, getting the proper translation is one problem.

Another problem is that the customer service people that we are dealing with may have a limited number of “canned” answers that they are allowed to respond with. If the exact answer isn’t on the slate of choices, they just have to pick the closest one.

And the main reason that I don’t get overly upset with Gearbest is because my expectation of them is extremely low. I only buy things that I believe are so cheap that it’s worth the risk of missing items/DOA/wrong product/damaged product. If half of the time, everything is delivered as promised, I count my blessings.

So far, my batting average with Gearbest is under .500. Steve

Rule 1-1 as it applies to life, take it as it comes.

1dash1
1dash1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2015 - 22:02
Posts: 1576
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

1dash1 wrote:
1dash1 wrote:
Submitted ticket for my Yezl Y3. Ordered 9/19/2015, received 10/13/2015. It arrived with switch lying inside package, detached.

  • Filed claim ticket on 10/13/2015, including pictures.
  • Received response from Gearbest on 10/15/2015. Gearbest said that it was a “small defect” and offered to compensate me with $5.00 Gearbest store credit.
  • I sent my response to Gearbest on 10/15/2015, telling them that their $5 offer was not acceptable. I requested a repair, replacement or refund.
  • Gearbest sent a message back on 10/16/2015, requesting a video documenting the damage. (WHAT A VIDEO WOULD SHOW THAT A PHOTOGRAPH WOULD NOT, I DON’T KNOW!)
  • I sent Gearbest a video on 10/16/2015.
  • Today, I sent them another message, asking whether they had reviewed the video.

Wait and see.

10/19/2015 _ Gearbest offered to either give me an in-store credit for the full purchase price or to send me another. I chose the in-store credit. No mention was made of returning the defective product.

Now, I’m waiting for the in-store credit to appear on my account (My GB Wallet).

I’ll post here when I receive the credit.

So far, the claim process has gone quite smoothly! Smile

10/20/2015 _ Gearbest sent me a follow-up message.

They have submitted the application for store credit, noting the following:
- They will need 2-3 business days to process the claim.
- It will take another 3-5 working days for the store credit to appear my GB Wallet.

So, I’ll give them until the first week of November to process the store credit. Then it’s on to PayPal to dispute the charges.

Rule 1-1 as it applies to life, take it as it comes.

Bribo
Bribo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 09/05/2012 - 20:46
Posts: 226
Location: vancouver

For the first time in all my substiantial online shopping experince’s I recently started the process of getting reimbursed for an item that did not arrive. Gearbest started with 50 percent because I didn’t buy insurance so after several back and forth emails I opened a PayPal claim and got a full refund offer right away. Problem solved I thought but then more packages did not arrive.this is very odd as I have never had a package lost before. Started looking at the package labels and found that Gearbest has labelled all my packages with my name and address all together on one line except for the last 3 digits of my postal code on the second line. No postal computer in the world is going to figure this out. I wonder if that’s the reason packages are not arriving ? Anyone else have this issue ?

vēer
vēer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 01/07/2012 - 14:23
Posts: 2829
Location: N Europe

Im not sure if thats the issue, judging by the package pictures they sent to me I cant see any problems with address printing, however, 5 orders have not arrived so far and 2 of them are already over 2 months in transit, 2 more are closing in on the same 2 months and another one will be there in a couple of weeks.

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 days ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 9638
Location: Berkeley, California

To repeat the question — I noticed recently that one order I made — number confirmed by email when it went through — doesn’t appear on the Gearbest list of orders. The item happens to be a discount priced blue S2+ flashlights, the one time I actually hit something from a flash sale.

I got confirmation by email that they recognize the order and say it was shipped.

What I wonder about is — why is that one not listed on the page of my orders, even after I asked about it and got confirmation they have a record of it?

Are their in-house recordkeeping systems just falling apart?

1dash1
1dash1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2015 - 22:02
Posts: 1576
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

Properly filling of orders may be a problem, but my order history seems to be okay.

Rule 1-1 as it applies to life, take it as it comes.

1dash1
1dash1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 08/29/2015 - 22:02
Posts: 1576
Location: Hilo, Hawaii

1dash1 wrote:
1dash1 wrote:
1dash1 wrote:
Submitted ticket for my Yezl Y3. Ordered 9/19/2015, received 10/13/2015. It arrived with switch lying inside package, detached.

  • Filed claim ticket on 10/13/2015, including pictures.
  • Received response from Gearbest on 10/15/2015. Gearbest said that it was a “small defect” and offered to compensate me with $5.00 Gearbest store credit.
  • I sent my response to Gearbest on 10/15/2015, telling them that their $5 offer was not acceptable. I requested a repair, replacement or refund.
  • Gearbest sent a message back on 10/16/2015, requesting a video documenting the damage. (WHAT A VIDEO WOULD SHOW THAT A PHOTOGRAPH WOULD NOT, I DON’T KNOW!)
  • I sent Gearbest a video on 10/16/2015.
  • Today, I sent them another message, asking whether they had reviewed the video.

Wait and see.

10/19/2015 _ Gearbest offered to either give me an in-store credit for the full purchase price or to send me another. I chose the in-store credit. No mention was made of returning the defective product.

Now, I’m waiting for the in-store credit to appear on my account (My GB Wallet).

I’ll post here when I receive the credit.

So far, the claim process has gone quite smoothly! Smile

10/20/2015 _ Gearbest sent me a follow-up message.

They have submitted the application for store credit, noting the following:
- They will need 2-3 business days to process the claim.
- It will take another 3-5 working days for the store credit to appear my GB Wallet.

So, I’ll give them until the first week of November to process the store credit. Then it’s on to PayPal to dispute the charges.

10/21/2015 _ Received store credit in my GB Wallet. Confirmed.

DONE! 8 days to get my claim processed, from start to finish. VERY GOOD!

Rule 1-1 as it applies to life, take it as it comes.

Vladimir
Vladimir's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/29/2014 - 10:02
Posts: 170
Location: Serbia

I placed my first order from GB last month, and I ordered Olight S15R.
It arrived today, exactly one month after ordering and everything was ok.
After placing my order I read about issues members here had with GB shipping and I was concerned about my package-I didn’t paid for tracking or for insurance, but I was lucky…

Pages