Test/Review of GP AA ReCyko+ 2000mAh (Silver-Green)

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7447
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Test/Review of GP AA ReCyko+ 2000mAh (Silver-Green)
GP AA ReCyko+ 2000mAh (Silver-Green)

DSC_9226

Official specifications:
  • Nominal voltage: 1.2V
  • Capacity: 2000mAh
  • Rechargeable up to 1000 times
  • Low self discharge: retains 85% after 12 months.


GP%20AA%20ReCyko+%202000mAh%20(Silver-Green)-info

Maximum temperature raise at different discharge currents: 1A:+1,2°C, 2A:+3,1°C, 3A:+5,5°C, 5A:+10,4°C, 7A:+15,8°C, 10A:+21,5°C
GP has decided to brand there chargers and batteries as green and named them accordingly. The batteries is medium capacity.

DSC_9188

I got the batteries with a charger, I will also publish a review of it.

DSC_9227 DSC_9228

DSC_9229
DSC_9230
DSC_9231


GP%20AA%20ReCyko+%202000mAh%20(Silver-Green)-Capacity

The discharge curves looks good.

GP%20AA%20ReCyko+%202000mAh%20(Silver-Green)-CapacityTime

GP%20AA%20ReCyko+%202000mAh%20(Silver-Green)-CapacityTimeHours

GP%20AA%20ReCyko+%202000mAh%20(Silver-Green)-Energy

GP%20AA%20ReCyko+%202000mAh%20(Silver-Green)-PowerLoadTime

GP%20AA%20ReCyko+%202000mAh%20(Silver-Green)-CurrentTest

GP%20AA%20ReCyko+%202000mAh%20(Silver-Green)-Charge



Conclusion

This looks like good batteries. The LSD properties are accetable, but not the best for this capacity.



Notes and links

How is the test done and how to read the charts
Compare to other AA/AAA batteries: Alkaline/NiMH/Lithium

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

Ormbett
Ormbett's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 4 days ago
Joined: 02/26/2015 - 09:55
Posts: 1245
Location: Sweden

Thanks for the review HKJ!

Very similar to Ikea Ladda but for a higher price? In theory you can charge GP 1000 times and Ikea Ladda only 500, but I doubt I ever going to find out if that is true or not :bigsmile:

Noki
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 week ago
Joined: 08/16/2014 - 21:15
Posts: 167
Location: Serbia/Malaysia

Thank you for another good review HKJ.

I have older gen ReCyko still in service after 10 years.
GP claimed capacity was 2050mAh when they were new and today my Opus BM100 shows 1600mAh. Not bad.

Wrathbringer27
Wrathbringer27's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 03/02/2015 - 09:00
Posts: 2131
Location: Singapore GMT +8

Noki wrote:
Thank you for another good review HKJ.

I have older gen ReCyko still in service after 10 years.
GP claimed capacity was 2050mAh when they were new and today my Opus BM100 shows 1600mAh. Not bad.


Mine’s about 5 years but I don’t really use it since I’m in favour of the 1.5v lithium batteries

Words can be broken,
so can bones.

Noki
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 week ago
Joined: 08/16/2014 - 21:15
Posts: 167
Location: Serbia/Malaysia

Yes, those must be the same ReCyko sold everywhere in SEA.
I’m using them in portable speaker and wireless mouse.

Just find out that 1.5V rechargeable lithium batteries exist.
http://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-li-battery-LEDflashlight-4SlotsUSB-SmartCharger/dp/B00SXV9Z4U/?tag=metaefficient-20

Wrathbringer27
Wrathbringer27's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 03/02/2015 - 09:00
Posts: 2131
Location: Singapore GMT +8

Noki wrote:
Yes, those must be the same ReCyko sold everywhere in SEA.
I’m using them in portable speaker and wireless mouse.

Just find out that 1.5V rechargeable lithium batteries exist.
http://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-li-battery-LEDflashlight-4SlotsUSB-SmartCharger/dp/B00SXV9Z4U/?tag=metaefficient-20


I still don’t know how to use Amazon to ship to Singapore tho!

Words can be broken,
so can bones.

Noki
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 week ago
Joined: 08/16/2014 - 21:15
Posts: 167
Location: Serbia/Malaysia

Wrathbringer27 wrote:
Noki wrote:
Yes, those must be the same ReCyko sold everywhere in SEA.
I’m using them in portable speaker and wireless mouse.

Just find out that 1.5V rechargeable lithium batteries exist.
http://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-li-battery-LEDflashlight-4SlotsUSB-SmartCharger/dp/B00SXV9Z4U/?tag=metaefficient-20


I still don’t know how to use Amazon to ship to Singapore tho!

Me neither Smile
I think they don’t ship to Malaysia so third party for shipping must be used.
Maybe is better for Singapore.
Wrathbringer27
Wrathbringer27's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 40 min ago
Joined: 03/02/2015 - 09:00
Posts: 2131
Location: Singapore GMT +8

Noki wrote:
Wrathbringer27 wrote:
Noki wrote:
Yes, those must be the same ReCyko sold everywhere in SEA.
I’m using them in portable speaker and wireless mouse.

Just find out that 1.5V rechargeable lithium batteries exist.
http://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-li-battery-LEDflashlight-4SlotsUSB-SmartCharger/dp/B00SXV9Z4U/?tag=metaefficient-20


I still don’t know how to use Amazon to ship to Singapore tho!

Me neither Smile
I think they don’t ship to Malaysia so third party for shipping must be used.
Maybe is better for Singapore.

I’ve seen/heard people do that in Singapore but after I read a how to online but damn it is such a pain

Words can be broken,
so can bones.

Noki
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 1 week ago
Joined: 08/16/2014 - 21:15
Posts: 167
Location: Serbia/Malaysia

Wrathbringer27 wrote:
Noki wrote:
Wrathbringer27 wrote:
Noki wrote:
Yes, those must be the same ReCyko sold everywhere in SEA.
I’m using them in portable speaker and wireless mouse.

Just find out that 1.5V rechargeable lithium batteries exist.
http://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-li-battery-LEDflashlight-4SlotsUSB-SmartCharger/dp/B00SXV9Z4U/?tag=metaefficient-20


I still don’t know how to use Amazon to ship to Singapore tho!

Me neither Smile
I think they don’t ship to Malaysia so third party for shipping must be used.
Maybe is better for Singapore.

I’ve seen/heard people do that in Singapore but after I read a how to online but damn it is such a pain

Yup, its not worth it to bother with that.. They don’t ship -> I don’t buy from them -> and that’s that Silly