Convoy L2...Guess who's back???

1867 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jubeldum
Jubeldum's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 11 months ago
Joined: 11/02/2014 - 09:20
Posts: 2057
Location: Michigan
unknown00101 wrote:

rockhound42 wrote:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Convoy-L2-CREE-XM-L2-U2-1A-LED-Flashlight-torch-lantern-self-defense-camping-light-lamp/330416_32505404670.html

 

just a heads up, might not want to view that link at work… Scrolled to the bottom and in the ‘customers who viewed this also viewed or bought:’ bunch of chicks in bras and lingerie.

Your warning was too late :bigsmile:

pilotdog68
pilotdog68's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 05/30/2013 - 23:31
Posts: 6423
Location: Held against my will in IOWA, USA

Honestly if he just added an extension tube and maybe an OP reflector to the host and kept everything else the same, he’d snag a whole bunch more buyers. That heavy heatsink is begging for an XHP

My Favorite Modded Lights: X6R, S8 , X2R , M6, SP03

Major Projects:  Illuminated Tailcap, TripleDown/TripleStack Driver

Halo...
Halo...'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2011 - 02:39
Posts: 3304
Location: Halo island

unknown00101 wrote:

rockhound42 wrote:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Convoy-L2-CREE-XM-L2-U2-1A-LED-Flashlight-torch-lantern-self-defense-camping-light-lamp/330416_32505404670.html

 

just a heads up, might not want to view that link at work… Scrolled to the bottom and in the ‘customers who viewed this also viewed or bought:’ bunch of chicks in bras and lingerie.


Even disabling my adblock did not cause said girls in bras and lingerie to appear. Sad

I think the truth is that ali knows what you guys are looking to buy. Surf for bras and lingerie on ali and they will remember you.

chuckhov
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/24/2014 - 02:57
Posts: 1178
Location: Florida, AKA God's Waiting Room

^^^

I didn’t see the girls either, but then they probably know that I’m an old man, and so would not be interested Wink

-Chuck

Wrathbringer27
Wrathbringer27's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/02/2015 - 09:00
Posts: 2144
Location: Singapore GMT +8

pilotdog68 wrote:
Honestly if he just added an extension tube and maybe an OP reflector to the host and kept everything else the same, he’d snag a whole bunch more buyers. That heavy heatsink is begging for an XHP

Oh yessss I totally agree

Words can be broken,
so can bones.

L4M4
L4M4's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2013 - 13:43
Posts: 1390
Location: Germany

Wow, that looks beautiful…
I haven’t bought a light in a few weeks, so I guess this one will be the one to break the break

TO be honest, I won’t use the 15% BLF discount.
THat’s only $6 – It doesn’t hurt me but maybe it helps Simon.

Halo...
Halo...'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2011 - 02:39
Posts: 3304
Location: Halo island

L4M4 wrote:
I won’t use the 15% BLF discount.
THat’s only $6 – It doesn’t hurt me but maybe it helps Simon.
Beer
J-Dub74
J-Dub74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 days ago
Joined: 03/14/2015 - 17:17
Posts: 2232
Location: Michigan

Halo… wrote:
unknown00101 wrote:

rockhound42 wrote:

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Convoy-L2-CREE-XM-L2-U2-1A-LED-Flashlight-torch-lantern-self-defense-camping-light-lamp/330416_32505404670.html

 

just a heads up, might not want to view that link at work… Scrolled to the bottom and in the ‘customers who viewed this also viewed or bought:’ bunch of chicks in bras and lingerie.


Even disabling my adblock did not cause said girls in bras and lingerie to appear. Sad

I think the truth is that ali knows what you guys are looking to buy. Surf for bras and lingerie on ali and they will remember you.


I’m an IT guy so I’m no stranger to the “no I would never do that” excuse but I can tell you for certain that I have not searched for such things and I saw the ads too a few times. If I’m not mistaken it may have only been in the mobile browser on my phone but I don’t remember the exact details. The only thing I’ve ever searched for on Ali is flashlights. It’s not like it was porn but I certainly wouldn’t want my young children seen that.
freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 11260

Almost ordered L2 host last evening, but I hold back because I wanted an OP with 2x26650 tube too. Anyone tried LD25 stock driver yet? 

1thedeals.comyoutubeAstroluxNealsgadgetsolight

L4M4
L4M4's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2013 - 13:43
Posts: 1390
Location: Germany

Maybe they searched your photos on the phone and showed you similar things you can buy on AE ;D

Nicolaas
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 10/31/2012 - 15:38
Posts: 464
Location: Netherlands
L4M4 wrote:
Maybe they searched your photos on the phone and showed you similar things you can buy on AE ;D
:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

But here’s the real question: Why do I not see them??????

Back to the original topic (tempting though the other topic is – I think – haven’t seen any pictures YET Smile I like it just fine the way it is now so I will order a host and use it with a XP-L HI or XP G2 dd @ max amps.
Driver will probably be LD-2.

Grtz
Nico

Mitko
Mitko's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 09/19/2014 - 05:20
Posts: 1537
Location: Bulgaria

My main consern about the new L2 is the weight and i wish for its future revisions to see it like 300grams
A highly modded XPL V6 1D dedomed Yezl Y3 ( with a DD driver ) gives 210k mcds, this one is hard to beat: and it has both tail and side switches

yes, Y3 has issues: not so good build quality as Convoy flashlights, thats why i put so my hope in the upcomming new L2 but its annoyced weight is a real issue even if someone plans to build an MTG2 based or XHP50/70 flashlight

rockhound42
rockhound42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 04/22/2013 - 07:01
Posts: 161
Location: London

a Foy bezel.

I still don't see the girls, have been back a few times just to check.

unknown00101
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/16/2013 - 11:53
Posts: 4344
Location: USA

rockhound42 wrote:

a Foy bezel.

I still don't see the girls, have been back a few times just to check.

Might just be mobile?

Anyway... The new L2 has similar head dimensions as the DST. It just needs to be driven a lot harder than 3A or that extra mass seems like quite a waste. Love the asthetics.

shrick
shrick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 10/15/2014 - 07:15
Posts: 699

Mitko wrote:
My main consern about the new L2 is the weight and i wish for its future revisions to see it like 300grams
A highly modded XPL V6 1D dedomed Yezl Y3 ( with a DD driver ) gives 210k mcds, this one is hard to beat: and it has both tail and side switches

yes, Y3 has issues: not so good build quality as Convoy flashlights, thats why i put so my hope in the upcomming new L2 but its annoyced weight is a real issue even if someone plans to build an MTG2 based or XHP50/70 flashlight

Mitko, maybe off topic, apologies… is the tint significantly better on the dedomed XP-L 1D vs 2C. The 2C tend to sometimes go greenish and quite yellow…

thijsco19
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/14/2012 - 16:18
Posts: 1387
Location: Nearby Rotterdam, the Netherlands

Huh? The host? Is it already available?

And the girls? Definitely only on mobile site/devices.

J-Dub74
J-Dub74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 days ago
Joined: 03/14/2015 - 17:17
Posts: 2232
Location: Michigan

He doesn’t have the host listed yet but I did ask him when it would be available. As soon as I have a response I’ll let you all know and the link will be added to the OP.

J-Dub74
J-Dub74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 days ago
Joined: 03/14/2015 - 17:17
Posts: 2232
Location: Michigan

Mitko wrote:
My main consern about the new L2 is the weight and i wish for its future revisions to see it like 300grams
A highly modded XPL V6 1D dedomed Yezl Y3 ( with a DD driver ) gives 210k mcds, this one is hard to beat: and it has both tail and side switches

yes, Y3 has issues: not so good build quality as Convoy flashlights, thats why i put so my hope in the upcomming new L2 but its annoyced weight is a real issue even if someone plans to build an MTG2 based or XHP50/70 flashlight


It is a heavy sucker no doubt. I think he said 51r grams. Simon himself said it was too heavy. Actually he said it was “too heady” so either he this it’s not as balanced as he’d like and has too much weight in the head…or it was just a typo. I have a feeling in the next version he may try to cut down on the weight a bit. Personally I’m not all that concerned about weight as others have pointed out that is one big old heat dissipating chunk of aluminum. I’ll let you know how it feels when I actually have one in my hand.
J-Dub74
J-Dub74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 days ago
Joined: 03/14/2015 - 17:17
Posts: 2232
Location: Michigan

pilotdog68 wrote:
Honestly if he just added an extension tube and maybe an OP reflector to the host and kept everything else the same, he’d snag a whole bunch more buyers. That heavy heatsink is begging for an XHP

I agree with you. In fact I sent your comment word for word to Simon. I even quoted you as “a very prominent BLF member” Big Smile
KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Online
Last seen: 13 min 54 sec ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 4275
Location: The Motor City

Yep, complete light and host on their way to me, just got the shipping notice/tracking number from Simon! Wink

KB1428 “Live Life WOT

Jubeldum
Jubeldum's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 11 months ago
Joined: 11/02/2014 - 09:20
Posts: 2057
Location: Michigan

Since Simon has made tubes for the S2+, maybe he can make a 2 cell tube for this if we pretty please him enough? As for the reflector, maybe we can find a OP on Kai Domain that is close. If it is too short, we can always stack some copper under the MCPCB.

J-Dub74
J-Dub74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 days ago
Joined: 03/14/2015 - 17:17
Posts: 2232
Location: Michigan

Jubeldum wrote:
Since Simon has made tubes for the S2+, maybe he can make a 2 cell tube for this if we pretty please him enough? As for the reflector, maybe we can find a OP on Kai Domain that is close. If it is too short, we can always stack some copper under the MCPCB.

I meant to ask him that last night. I liked the idea that was mentioned about just having a 2 cell length tube better than an extension. I should be talking to him again tonight and I’ll ask. Combined with an OP reflector that would be a sweet host for an MT-G2 or XHP setup. Beer
shrick
shrick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 10/15/2014 - 07:15
Posts: 699
J-Dub74 wrote:
Jubeldum wrote:
Since Simon has made tubes for the S2+, maybe he can make a 2 cell tube for this if we pretty please him enough? As for the reflector, maybe we can find a OP on Kai Domain that is close. If it is too short, we can always stack some copper under the MCPCB.
I meant to ask him that last night. I liked the idea that was mentioned about just having a 2 cell length tube better than an extension. I should be talking to him again tonight and I’ll ask. Combined with an OP reflector that would be a sweet host for an MT-G2 or XHP setup. Beer

Please just don’t take the SMO reflector away… Thus, I hope we’ll have an option between SMO or OP.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 11260

Already listed but not in Aliexpress.

J-Dub74 wrote:
He doesn't have the host listed yet but I did ask him when it would be available. As soon as I have a response I'll let you all know and the linm will be added to the OP.

1thedeals.comyoutubeAstroluxNealsgadgetsolight

J-Dub74
J-Dub74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 days ago
Joined: 03/14/2015 - 17:17
Posts: 2232
Location: Michigan
shrick wrote:
J-Dub74 wrote:
Jubeldum wrote:
Since Simon has made tubes for the S2+, maybe he can make a 2 cell tube for this if we pretty please him enough? As for the reflector, maybe we can find a OP on Kai Domain that is close. If it is too short, we can always stack some copper under the MCPCB.
I meant to ask him that last night. I liked the idea that was mentioned about just having a 2 cell length tube better than an extension. I should be talking to him again tonight and I’ll ask. Combined with an OP reflector that would be a sweet host for an MT-G2 or XHP setup. Beer

Please just don’t take the SMO reflector away… Thus, I hope we’ll have an option between SMO or OP.

The SMO isn’t going anywhere. I think it’s primarily only the people using MT-G2 or XHP emitters that would want them just to hide the crossbar in the beam pattern. Not all of us can afford those and some would choose a single die emitter anyway. I myself would like to see what kind of throw I could get from and XPL-HI pushed hard with a smooth mirror finish reflector and a good AR lens. That’s another thing I’d like to see on this. A nice crystal clear AR coated lens is a must for this one IMO. I’ll mention that to Simon too.

Mitko
Mitko's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 09/19/2014 - 05:20
Posts: 1537
Location: Bulgaria

shrick wrote:
Mitko wrote:
My main consern about the new L2 is the weight and i wish for its future revisions to see it like 300grams
A highly modded XPL V6 1D dedomed Yezl Y3 ( with a DD driver ) gives 210k mcds, this one is hard to beat: and it has both tail and side switches

yes, Y3 has issues: not so good build quality as Convoy flashlights, thats why i put so my hope in the upcomming new L2 but its annoyced weight is a real issue even if someone plans to build an MTG2 based or XHP50/70 flashlight

Mitko, maybe off topic, apologies… is the tint significantly better on the dedomed XP-L 1D vs 2C. The 2C tend to sometimes go greenish and quite yellow…

Ofc it is, its ….above 5000k dedomed, one of the best tints arround- i mean V6 1D from IOS, as you know different batches could differ each other, so you can try it out- especialy now its 3.5$ on promo Smile

Personaly i do prefer C tinted emitters cause mainly i use my throwers for hunting, and this as you know means the warmer: the better

Jubeldum
Jubeldum's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 years 11 months ago
Joined: 11/02/2014 - 09:20
Posts: 2057
Location: Michigan

Mitko wrote:
shrick wrote:
Mitko wrote:
My main consern about the new L2 is the weight and i wish for its future revisions to see it like 300grams
A highly modded XPL V6 1D dedomed Yezl Y3 ( with a DD driver ) gives 210k mcds, this one is hard to beat: and it has both tail and side switches

yes, Y3 has issues: not so good build quality as Convoy flashlights, thats why i put so my hope in the upcomming new L2 but its annoyced weight is a real issue even if someone plans to build an MTG2 based or XHP50/70 flashlight

Mitko, maybe off topic, apologies… is the tint significantly better on the dedomed XP-L 1D vs 2C. The 2C tend to sometimes go greenish and quite yellow…

Ofc it is, its ….above 5000k dedomed, one of the best tints arround- i mean V6 1D from IOS, as you know different batches could differ each other, so you can try it out- especialy now its 3.5$ on promo Smile

Personaly i do prefer C tinted emitters cause mainly i use my throwers for hunting, and this as you know means the warmer: the better

What about these dedomed?

Cree XP-L V6-0D 450LM 7000-8000K LED Emitter $3.87

Cree XM-L2 U2-0D 320LM 7000-7500K LED Emitter $2.64

Cree XM-L2 U3-0D 320LM 7000-7500K LED Emitter $3.13

Cree XP-G2 S2-0D 148LM 6500K LED Emitter $1.58

shrick
shrick's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 10/15/2014 - 07:15
Posts: 699

Mitko wrote:
shrick wrote:
Mitko wrote:
My main consern about the new L2 is the weight and i wish for its future revisions to see it like 300grams
A highly modded XPL V6 1D dedomed Yezl Y3 ( with a DD driver ) gives 210k mcds, this one is hard to beat: and it has both tail and side switches

yes, Y3 has issues: not so good build quality as Convoy flashlights, thats why i put so my hope in the upcomming new L2 but its annoyced weight is a real issue even if someone plans to build an MTG2 based or XHP50/70 flashlight

Mitko, maybe off topic, apologies… is the tint significantly better on the dedomed XP-L 1D vs 2C. The 2C tend to sometimes go greenish and quite yellow…

Ofc it is, its ….above 5000k dedomed, one of the best tints arround- i mean V6 1D from IOS, as you know different batches could differ each other, so you can try it out- especialy now its 3.5$ on promo Smile

Personaly i do prefer C tinted emitters cause mainly i use my throwers for hunting, and this as you know means the warmer: the better

Thanks Mitko

pilotdog68
pilotdog68's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 6 days ago
Joined: 05/30/2013 - 23:31
Posts: 6423
Location: Held against my will in IOWA, USA

Has Simon said what batteries will fit? 26700 KK?

My Favorite Modded Lights: X6R, S8 , X2R , M6, SP03

Major Projects:  Illuminated Tailcap, TripleDown/TripleStack Driver

J-Dub74
J-Dub74's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 days ago
Joined: 03/14/2015 - 17:17
Posts: 2232
Location: Michigan

pilotdog68 wrote:
Has Simon said what batteries will fit? 26700 KK?

My guess is no. When he was doing his runtime tests he said he was using a KK 26650. Not sure if a 26700 would work though he says protected 26650 will work and there are springs on both ends so it’s not entirely out of the question. I should have mine in maybe a week but I dont even own a 26670. I’m sure someone in this first round will have one on hand to test though.

Pages