BLF ReyLight Titanium Flashlight 3*Nichia

195 posts / 0 new
Last post
mikeyx
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 05/30/2014 - 21:18
Posts: 339
Location: Uppuqui-ipis-ing

Some of my 18650s fit (AW, VTC5, 25R), and some don’t (Panny B & PF, XTAR, HG2). MY 2 Efest 18350s (red and purple) do fit. I seem to also have a slight taper at the front of the middle section.

Mike

tebeve
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/24/2015 - 22:18
Posts: 35
Location: West Central Illinois

mikeyx wrote:
Some of my 18650s fit (AW, VTC5, 25R), and some don’t (Panny B & PF, XTAR, HG2). MY 2 Efest 18350s (red and purple) do fit. I seem to also have a slight taper at the front of the middle section.

Mike

Hmm, so it would seem that I do just have a narrower than some bore, and I bet that coupled with the tapper is what’s causing my issues.

Thanks Mike, appreciate ya checking!

Would love more input on what others are using battery wise as well… what of yours fits, and what doesn’t.

Thanks all!

emarkd
emarkd's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/14/2015 - 22:04
Posts: 1608
Location: Georgia, USA

Alright I did some testing too using my array of 18650s.

  • Panasonic B’s unprotected – no fit
  • Panasonic B’s protected (rewrapped keeppowers, olights, etc) – no fit
  • Panasonic PF’s – no fit
  • Panasonic GA’s – no fit
  • Panasonic CHs – great fit, easily
  • LG MJ1 – no fit
  • Efest purple – no fit
  • Samsung 30Qs – about 50% of cells fit, and its tight.

I actually intended to use a 30Q in this light so that’s what I put in it first. Guess I just got lucky that the one I grabbed fit and had never tried anything else. I really didn’t realize it was this tight.

tebeve
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/24/2015 - 22:18
Posts: 35
Location: West Central Illinois

emarkd wrote:
Alright I did some testing too using my array of 18650s.
  • Panasonic B’s unprotected – no fit
  • Panasonic B’s protected (rewrapped keeppowers, olights, etc) – no fit
  • Panasonic PF’s – no fit
  • Panasonic GA’s – no fit
  • Panasonic CHs – great fit, easily
  • LG MJ1 – no fit
  • Efest purple – no fit
  • Samsung 30Qs – about 50% of cells fit, and its tight.

I actually intended to use a 30Q in this light so that’s what I put in it first. Guess I just got lucky that the one I grabbed fit and had never tried anything else. I really didn’t realize it was this tight.

This is excellent man, thank you so much!

Oddly, the only battery of mine that actually does fit, is on your list as a “no fit”, and batteries you have as fitting won’t in mine. I think my purple efest just happens to be smaller than it should be.

I’m going to take some measurements of my batteries tonight, and try and get some kind of a reading inside the tube as well.

ikaruz_500
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 5 days ago
Joined: 05/22/2015 - 10:48
Posts: 28
Location: Germany / TLF

Hello,

i use Sanyos UR 18650FM unprotected 2600 mAh in the Flashlight, they fit.
The NCR 18650B unprotected 3400mAh fit not.

I am happy with the flashlight, only a little worry. There was not enough glue in the holes to hold the Trits at place.
But I fixed that easily (and dont lose one).

Thanks at all.

robbobus
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/24/2012 - 22:36
Posts: 11

I would like to buy one of these if possible.

Boro
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 02/03/2012 - 15:52
Posts: 727
robbobus wrote:
I would like to buy one of these if possible.

You are posting again, so soon Big Smile

Rey lights are good choices!

I should add, this light is picky on batteries, as you have read.

Only AW 18650 2900Ah protected work best for mine.

Many of my dozen choices in stock do not.

99-sts
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 6 months ago
Joined: 02/19/2016 - 16:39
Posts: 79
Location: U.S.A.

If this light is still available,I’m in.

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2140
Location: 1200km away from home.

99-sts wrote:
If this light is still available,I’m in.

PM sent.
akhyar
akhyar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 07/19/2015 - 23:48
Posts: 705
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

These are the results with my 18650 batteries:

Fit: Samsung 30Q, Sanyo NCR GA, LG MJ1

Cannot fit: AW 3400 protected, Fenix 3400 protected, Keeppower 3500, Keepower 3200, Keeppower IMR 3200, Panasonic NCR B protected.

The Samsung and Sanyo can easily slide into the tube, but the LG is a bit tight.

For 18350, both Keeppower IMR and AW IMR can fit without any problem.

99-sts
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 6 months ago
Joined: 02/19/2016 - 16:39
Posts: 79
Location: U.S.A.

PM and paypal sent.

aplaudatu
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 10/14/2015 - 07:50
Posts: 9
Location: Belgium

Still available?

Firelight2
Firelight2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 04/08/2011 - 15:17
Posts: 4777
Location: California

I finally got around to assembling my BLF Reylight titanium host kit a week and a half ago.

Using a Toykeeper FET+1 driver and triple XPL HI 5000K 3C.

Great output and surprisingly nice. I had slight problem during assembling with the switch threads not being quite wide enough. When I tried tighening the switch retainer down the switch would tend to slip. I fixed this problem by inserting some solder braid into the switch threads during assembly to keep it taught.

I don’t usually EDC titanium lights because of the weight, but have found myself EDC’ing this Reylight almost every day since. It feels great in the hand and has good output. I’m impressed. Big Smile

I don’t have any trits in mine. Anyone know the U.S. regulations on trits?

ger-slash
ger-slash's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 05/13/2014 - 06:49
Posts: 71
Location: Cologne, Germany

If still available, I’d like to get one of this beauties. Option 3
Is it possible to get white trits, too?

Tooreal
Tooreal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/13/2016 - 14:47
Posts: 65
Location: Southeastern U.S.

I would like to get in on this Sale, if it’s still possible?

This is a Great looking Ti, Tri-3~LED Flashlight! Good job on your Build, looks Awesome!
.

I would like to buy 1- Option #2 with a Blue Trit in the tail, or switch please… I would get it Loaded, but too many other obligations pending.

Please PM your PayPal info so I can send you payment…

Thank you

Interested in repairing my JetBeam TC-R1, (I’m lacking knowledge and a Novice) Wires broken between LED and Double Stacked Boards below. I soldered New wire to LED (Brass LED Base is loose, not glued or secured). 1 wire is Broken just above the top of the

Keenjah
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 03/06/2016 - 23:08
Posts: 8
Location: Hawaii

Is this still available? Is there any option #2’s left?

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2140
Location: 1200km away from home.

Firelight2 wrote:
I finally got around to assembling my BLF Reylight titanium host kit a week and a half ago.

Using a Toykeeper FET+1 driver and triple XPL HI 5000K 3C.

Great output and surprisingly nice. I had slight problem during assembling with the switch threads not being quite wide enough. When I tried tighening the switch retainer down the switch would tend to slip. I fixed this problem by inserting some solder braid into the switch threads during assembly to keep it taught.

I don’t usually EDC titanium lights because of the weight, but have found myself EDC’ing this Reylight almost every day since. It feels great in the hand and has good output. I’m impressed. Big Smile

I don’t have any trits in mine. Anyone know the U.S. regulations on trits?

I have shipped many trits to USA, no one had a problem in custom, nor in every day use.

ReyLight
ReyLight's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 10 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 02:35
Posts: 2140
Location: 1200km away from home.

PM sent, pls check, its still available.

Tooreal
Tooreal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/13/2016 - 14:47
Posts: 65
Location: Southeastern U.S.

Payment for 1 Ti Flashlight with One Blue Trit sent, 5 minutes ago..

Looking forward to getting this Light!

Interested in repairing my JetBeam TC-R1, (I’m lacking knowledge and a Novice) Wires broken between LED and Double Stacked Boards below. I soldered New wire to LED (Brass LED Base is loose, not glued or secured). 1 wire is Broken just above the top of the

ackbar
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 12/11/2010 - 00:45
Posts: 44
Location: Canada

I am interested in option 2 with a green trit in the tailcap.

Tooreal
Tooreal's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 01/13/2016 - 14:47
Posts: 65
Location: Southeastern U.S.

Firelight2 wrote:
I finally got around to assembling my BLF Reylight titanium host kit a week and a half ago.

Using a Toykeeper FET+1 driver and triple XPL HI 5000K 3C.

Great output and surprisingly nice. I had slight problem during assembling with the switch threads not being quite wide enough. When I tried tighening the switch retainer down the switch would tend to slip. I fixed this problem by inserting some solder braid into the switch threads during assembly to keep it taught.

I don’t usually EDC titanium lights because of the weight, but have found myself EDC’ing this Reylight almost every day since. It feels great in the hand and has good output. I’m impressed. Big Smile

I don’t have any trits in mine. Anyone know the U.S. regulations on trits?

Hello Firelight2,

I have wondered the same thing about Trit’s and US regulations.. But have not dug deep enough to find out for sure? I do know that of 5 Custom Fabricators here that do use them, they order them from the East, China, Singapore and one other place that I can’t recall at the moment? The prices are higher for the size that Rey is selling for $6. But their are different Diameters, Lengths available from Very short to the size Ray offers as the longest that I am aware of being made..
I’m pretty sure they are Heavily Regulated here in the US, Due to the EPA..

I would Love to have some about 1/8” Long & 1/16” Diameter if I could find them anywhere?

Interested in repairing my JetBeam TC-R1, (I’m lacking knowledge and a Novice) Wires broken between LED and Double Stacked Boards below. I soldered New wire to LED (Brass LED Base is loose, not glued or secured). 1 wire is Broken just above the top of the

tebeve
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/24/2015 - 22:18
Posts: 35
Location: West Central Illinois

Tooreal wrote:
Firelight2 wrote:
I finally got around to assembling my BLF Reylight titanium host kit a week and a half ago.

Using a Toykeeper FET+1 driver and triple XPL HI 5000K 3C.

Great output and surprisingly nice. I had slight problem during assembling with the switch threads not being quite wide enough. When I tried tighening the switch retainer down the switch would tend to slip. I fixed this problem by inserting some solder braid into the switch threads during assembly to keep it taught.

I don’t usually EDC titanium lights because of the weight, but have found myself EDC’ing this Reylight almost every day since. It feels great in the hand and has good output. I’m impressed. Big Smile

I don’t have any trits in mine. Anyone know the U.S. regulations on trits?

Hello Firelight2,

I have wondered the same thing about Trit’s and US regulations.. But have not dug deep enough to find out for sure? I do know that of 5 Custom Fabricators here that do use them, they order them from the East, China, Singapore and one other place that I can’t recall at the moment? The prices are higher for the size that Rey is selling for $6. But their are different Diameters, Lengths available from Very short to the size Ray offers as the longest that I am aware of being made..
I’m pretty sure they are Heavily Regulated here in the US, Due to the EPA..

I would Love to have some about 1/8” Long & 1/16” Diameter if I could find them anywhere?

I got my trits from Rey when I ordered my light, and had no issue with customs… but I’ve heard good things about MixGlo and people in the states getting trits in from them with no problems… you may want to try there.
Brett H
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 11:20
Posts: 416
Location: Florida

Are there any reviews on this light?

tebeve
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/24/2015 - 22:18
Posts: 35
Location: West Central Illinois
Brett H wrote:
Are there any reviews on this light?

This whole thread kinda is… but if you want something a little different, there’s this thread that Emarkd posted over on Reddit.

Brett H
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 11:20
Posts: 416
Location: Florida
tebeve wrote:
Brett H wrote:
Are there any reviews on this light?

This whole thread kinda is… but if you want something a little different, there’s this thread that Emarkd posted over on Reddit.

Thanks Tebeve! I appreciate the link. By the way, your location says West Central Illinois. What city are you in?

tebeve
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/24/2015 - 22:18
Posts: 35
Location: West Central Illinois
Brett H wrote:
tebeve wrote:
Brett H wrote:
Are there any reviews on this light?

This whole thread kinda is… but if you want something a little different, there’s this thread that Emarkd posted over on Reddit.

Thanks Tebeve! I appreciate the link. By the way, your location says West Central Illinois. What city are you in?

If you’re familiar with the area… I’m south of the QCA, and west of Peoria… right where I-74 bends from East/West to North/Sount. Wink

Brett H
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 11:20
Posts: 416
Location: Florida
tebeve wrote:
Brett H wrote:
tebeve wrote:
Brett H wrote:
Are there any reviews on this light?

This whole thread kinda is… but if you want something a little different, there’s this thread that Emarkd posted over on Reddit.

Thanks Tebeve! I appreciate the link. By the way, your location says West Central Illinois. What city are you in?

If you’re familiar with the area… I’m south of the QCA, and west of Peoria… right where I-74 bends from East/West to North/Sount. Wink

Very familiar with the area; I am originally from Galesburg Smile

tebeve
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/24/2015 - 22:18
Posts: 35
Location: West Central Illinois
Brett H wrote:
tebeve wrote:
Brett H wrote:
tebeve wrote:
Brett H wrote:
Are there any reviews on this light?

This whole thread kinda is… but if you want something a little different, there’s this thread that Emarkd posted over on Reddit.

Thanks Tebeve! I appreciate the link. By the way, your location says West Central Illinois. What city are you in?

If you’re familiar with the area… I’m south of the QCA, and west of Peoria… right where I-74 bends from East/West to North/Sount. Wink

Very familiar with the area; I am originally from Galesburg Smile

Holy shit, that’s exactly where I was talking about! Hello neighbor!

Brett H
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 11:20
Posts: 416
Location: Florida
tebeve wrote:
Brett H wrote:
tebeve wrote:
Brett H wrote:
tebeve wrote:
Brett H wrote:
Are there any reviews on this light?

This whole thread kinda is… but if you want something a little different, there’s this thread that Emarkd posted over on Reddit.

Thanks Tebeve! I appreciate the link. By the way, your location says West Central Illinois. What city are you in?

If you’re familiar with the area… I’m south of the QCA, and west of Peoria… right where I-74 bends from East/West to North/Sount. Wink

Very familiar with the area; I am originally from Galesburg Smile

Holy shit, that’s exactly where I was talking about! Hello neighbor!


LOL! I thought so based on your directions. I was born at Cottage Hospital but I moved to FL in 1988 when I was about 24. My mom still lives in Knoxville and my sister lives in Victoria.
akhyar
akhyar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 07/19/2015 - 23:48
Posts: 705
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Brett H wrote:
Are there any reviews on this light?

If you tend to use your light in moonlight mode a lot, I’d suggest you change the driver, as the stock driver only has 3 modes, and the lowest mode is blindingly bright.

Pages