Closed: Group Buy for 20mm x 2mm ZWB2 UV Pass Filter

51 posts / 0 new
Last post
djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18083
Location: Amsterdam

monanza wrote:
I'm in as well. Will they be offered in more than one diameter?

On aliexpress they can be found in various diameters, and can probably be made in any diameter as long as you buy enough of them. I think that for a group buy only 20mm and 18mm could raise enough interest, perhaps 12mm (there will probably not be hoards of people who want their 365nm led in a C8 Undecided)

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18083
Location: Amsterdam

Doing a google search for ZWB2 filters I suddenly came across Gearbest, not sure if there will be a separate group buy price, but they list the 20mm x 2mm ZWB2 filter for $3.99 Smile

Which is good enough for me, ordered one, let's see when it shows up.. (or if it shows up at all, I never know with Gearbest lately, my Olight S1 is still lost and Gearbest does not want to take responsability)

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 4177
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)

Also doing a Google search for ZWB2 filters, I ended up at DealsMachine. Their price is also $3.99. They are using the same picture as GB.
But I must admit that I’ve never bought anything from them. For the moment I’ll try to over-ride my trigger finger.

http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_288536.html

Who has any experience buying from DealsMachine?

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

DEL
DEL's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 9 months ago
Joined: 06/28/2015 - 08:35
Posts: 559
Location: Canada
djozz wrote:

Doing a google search for ZWB2 filters I suddenly came across Gearbest, they list the 20mm x 2mm ZWB2 filter for $3.99 Smile

Ordered one, let’s see when it shows up.. (or if it shows up at all, I never know with Gearbest lately, my Olight S1 is still lost and Gearbest does not want to take responsability)

….Or 5 for $5! My order is processing.

http://www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_266825.html

Ewen
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 02/02/2012 - 17:27
Posts: 57
Location: France
djozz wrote:

Doing a google search for ZWB2 filters I suddenly came across Gearbest, they list the 20mm x 2mm ZWB2 filter for $3.99 Smile

Ordered one, let’s see when it shows up.. (or if it shows up at all, I never know with Gearbest lately, my Olight S1 is still lost and Gearbest does not want to take responsability)

Thanks for the information djozz.

For those interested and as indicated in the FastTech deals thread, the UV S2 is available for $ 14.32 and there is a 10% coupon on top of that “XMAS”.
https://www.fasttech.com/products/3760700

Henk4U2 wrote:
Also doing a Google search for ZWB2 filters, I ended up at DealsMachine. Their price is also $3.99. But I must admit that I’ve never bought anything from them.

http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_288536.html

Who has any experience buying from DealsMachine?

3 orders and no problem, 4 soon.
You’d better go with the 5 pcs on GB for $5.01.
There is a 20% coupon on DM at the moment “Thanks”, but coupons work the same way as on GB. Anyway there are some good deals ( LG MJ1 4 pack for $ 18.79 ). Be careful, free shipping is not available on all products ( Pana NCR18650B protected 4 pack for $ 14.39 with coupon but $ 6.21 shipping ).

antiparanoico
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 19:17
Posts: 1176
Location: Wandering the world.

Henk4U2 wrote:

Who has any experience buying from DealsMachine?
I… a few orders. The biggest $80-90. No problem.

Ewen wrote:
… Be careful, free shipping is not available on all products …
+1

P.D.: DealsMachine is “sister” of GB and EB. Before it was called AHappyDeal.

If anything can go wrong, it will.
Matter will be damaged in direct proportion to its value.

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18083
Location: Amsterdam

I had not seen the 5 and 10 pack, but I do not want 5 anyway UndecidedIt confirms that these filters could be much cheaper as soon as the demand was there Smile

keltex78
keltex78's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 03/18/2011 - 10:15
Posts: 3705
Location: Texas

I just ordered the five-pack, and used GB points to get the price down to $3.91 for the set… I’m looking forward to trying these out myself.


Keepin’ the “B” in BLF

Don wrote:
It sounds like the XM LEDs won’t really be suitable for flashlight use. Pity…

Gunga
Gunga's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 11/28/2014 - 16:56
Posts: 2051
Location: Vancouver, Canada

I ordered 5 too. Let’s see if they ever get here.

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 9599
Location: Berkeley, California

> five for $5
Beats the two for $20 that was the going price on AliExpress a few weeks ago.

Ewen
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 02/02/2012 - 17:27
Posts: 57
Location: France

I received my 5 pack today and as indicated by djozz in his test, the filter is very effective with the 3535 led.
Waiting for the Nichia S2+ now.

keltex78
keltex78's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 03/18/2011 - 10:15
Posts: 3705
Location: Texas
Ewen wrote:
I received my 5 pack today and as indicated by djozz in his test, the filter is very effective with the 3535 led. Waiting for the Nichia S2+ now.

What wavelength are you using it with? I’m still waiting on my five-pack. I have two lights, a 365nm and a 395-400nm, and I’m looking forward to trying the filter on both.


Keepin’ the “B” in BLF

Don wrote:
It sounds like the XM LEDs won’t really be suitable for flashlight use. Pity…

Ewen
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 1 month ago
Joined: 02/02/2012 - 17:27
Posts: 57
Location: France

keltex78 wrote:
What wavelength are you using it with? I’m still waiting on my five-pack. I have two lights, a 365nm and a 395-400nm, and I’m looking forward to trying the filter on both.

The 3535 is 365nm but according to djozz test its peak wavelenght is at 470nm.
djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18083
Location: Amsterdam

The zwb2 will only work effectively close at 365-370nm, at 400nm it will just block most of your 400nm light, while not removing white light because 400nm leds do not emit the white light.

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 9599
Location: Berkeley, California
-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2745
Location: France, Angers

Any 10mm ZWB2 cheap source ? (I mean…not 9$ for two pieces)

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18083
Location: Amsterdam

X3 wrote:
Any 10mm ZWB2 cheap source ? (I mean…not 9$ for two pieces)

Nope.

From how cheap GB can sell the 20mm ones, they cost next to nothing to make. But there’s only one or two sellers on Aliexpress (the Ebay-seller is the same as one of the Aliexpress sellers), and they can and will ask anything. I would be interested in a 12mm diameter version because they fit in most AAA-lights, but I have not seen it anywhere.

Perhaps contacting a manufacturer on Alibaba is a route to go, there is many sources for ZWB2 filters there.

-X3-
-X3-'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 18 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 07/16/2014 - 03:28
Posts: 2745
Location: France, Angers

djozz wrote:
X3 wrote:
Any 10mm ZWB2 cheap source ? (I mean…not 9$ for two pieces)

Nope.

From how cheap GB can sell the 20mm ones, they cost next to nothing to make. But there’s only one or two sellers on Aliexpress (the Ebay-seller is the same as one of the Aliexpress sellers), and they can and will ask anything. I would be interested in a 12mm diameter version because they fit in most AAA-lights, but I have not seen it anywhere.

Perhaps contacting a manufacturer on Alibaba is a route to go, there is many sources for ZWB2 filters there.


Yes, their prices are way too high for what it is…
I just want to do a BLF348 UV light with ZWB2 glass.

I have two 20mm ones from Simon that I hope to be able to reduce to 10mm like CRX did.
I know that I’m far to have his skills so I’m a bit stressed to try… that’s why I ordered two Facepalm

I’ll let you know how it’s going…

"-X3-, is there any place in your house without a flashlight ?" 

My Flashlight public album (mods, emitter swaps, eye candy)

My reviews channel (French language, Olight, Thorfire, Sofirn, Lumintop : 60+ lights tested)

My personal channel (including Olight SR mini, S1, S2, S1A and S-mini disassembly)

M4DM4X blog, saves you $$$ 

djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18083
Location: Amsterdam

X3 wrote:
djozz wrote:
X3 wrote:
Any 10mm ZWB2 cheap source ? (I mean…not 9$ for two pieces)

Nope.

From how cheap GB can sell the 20mm ones, they cost next to nothing to make. But there’s only one or two sellers on Aliexpress (the Ebay-seller is the same as one of the Aliexpress sellers), and they can and will ask anything. I would be interested in a 12mm diameter version because they fit in most AAA-lights, but I have not seen it anywhere.

Perhaps contacting a manufacturer on Alibaba is a route to go, there is many sources for ZWB2 filters there.


Yes, their prices are way too high for what it is…
I just want to do a BLF348 UV light with ZWB2 glass.

I have two 20mm ones from Simon that I hope to be able to reduce to 10mm like CRX did.
I know that I’m far to have his skills so I’m a bit stressed to try… that’s why I ordered two Facepalm

I’ll let you know how it’s going…


Be careful with glass-dust -> not healthy!
hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 4 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 9599
Location: Berkeley, California

Sorry to bump a very old thread that apparently died aborning.

Here’s some relevant discussion elsewhere: https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/ba0b72/zwb1_zwb2_zwb3_uv_fi...

Pages