*BLF LT1 Lantern Project) (updated Nov,17,2020)

11690 posts / 0 new
Last post
saypat
saypat's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 20:32
Posts: 3579
Location: Calif

flashycali wrote:
I have a couple of quick questions and in case these has been answered I apologize.

I’m on the lists three times, 579, 781 and 2785 for a total of three units.

My questions,

1) Should I expect 3 codes in 3 separate PM’s when it’s my turn to receive them or does it work differently?

2) If I go the ebay route without waiting for a code in a PM, does that cancel out one of my entry on the interest list and I will still get the other two codes when my turn comes up?

I have been monitoring the thread but so far I’m still a bit confused.

Thanks for everything guys!


very appropriate questions in my opinion

question: any rough estimate how loooong it will take to get ALL the PMs sent out? > 1 month?

SIGShooter
SIGShooter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 02:10
Posts: 2221
Location: northern california

saypat wrote:
flashycali wrote:
I have a couple of quick questions and in case these has been answered I apologize.

I’m on the lists three times, 579, 781 and 2785 for a total of three units.

My questions,

1) Should I expect 3 codes in 3 separate PM’s when it’s my turn to receive them or does it work differently?

2) If I go the ebay route without waiting for a code in a PM, does that cancel out one of my entry on the interest list and I will still get the other two codes when my turn comes up?

I have been monitoring the thread but so far I’m still a bit confused.

Thanks for everything guys!


very appropriate questions in my opinion

question: any rough estimate how loooong it will take to get ALL the PMs sent out? > 1 month?

Only Sofirn can answer that Smile
Yacob29
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 08/16/2019 - 14:59
Posts: 13
Location: Orlando ,FL

I’ve got a strong magnetic mount that I use with my GoPro camera. It’s got a 1/4-20 bolt that it mounts with. I’ve used it to mount my Q8 and I plan on getting another for my LT1. Might be worth looking at for the accessory kit.

Rexlion
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 14 hours ago
Joined: 05/18/2019 - 16:59
Posts: 1008
Location: Okla.

Hm, I hadn’t thought about a storage pouch. Nice idea. Looks like a SLR camera lens pouch you have there, maybe? Op/Tech USA makes great neoprene pouches, btw.

== We save the planet from darkness ==

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6367
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Rexlion wrote:
Hm, I hadn’t thought about a storage pouch. Nice idea. Looks like a SLR camera lens pouch you have there, maybe? Op/Tech USA makes great neoprene pouches, btw.

I custom sewed the soft pouches to fit the size.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

leftdisconnected
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/03/2018 - 17:41
Posts: 435
Location: United States
ISO wrote:
Already said that I had 4 listing under 250 and no email. SIGShooter could have hanle this much better than Sonfin..

(I assume you mean Private Message, because you need to check those manually; the e-mail notices are not foolproof.)

And that’s been worrying me a bit, since you aren’t the only one that has reported this issue. It appears that most people are getting PM’s approximately in order, but a few pages back Andyman, at #9, reported no message. I’m sure everyone will ultimately be taken care of, but I hope that this works out well for both Sofirn and BLF as it would be sad if feelings were hurt and trust was damaged.

As we see people higher on the list get PM’ed, I think it would be fair for anyone lower who has not yet received a message to go ahead and ask Sofirn for codes. Let’s be frank here; after Sofirn took over the process, we don’t have much insight into what’s happening. This is not a complaint; it’s just stating the obvious Wink .

SIGShooter wrote:
Writing an ordering application that allows a person to enter a unique user code which then responds with an appropriate purchase code would be something to consider for a future buy.

+1. The user codes should actually be pretty easy, but interfacing those with multiple stores around the world is probably not. You would probably need a website and backend that either created or handed out a pre-made coupon code or store link according to the customer’s choice.

Even with the current system, Sofirn might have benefited from custom codes, since it appears that right now I could <<< edit: removed entirely obvious way to cheat the system >>> . If so, it would take only a few sorry buttholes to cause a big problem. Personally, I don’t think that they should have honored requests from those not yet sent PM’s, except when a PM wasn’t sent on time for some reason.

I’m chill, just hoping for the best.

LT1 bare: $49.99
LT1 w/ 4× 3000mAh cells: $62.99

If you are offered something else, then someone’s wrong and it’s not you Wink . I cannot promise that shipping will be free to everywhere in the world, but so far Sofirn seems to be including economy shipping as part of the Goup Buy price.

RobAllen

ben1680
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/19/2015 - 11:20
Posts: 88
Location: Australia

@DBSAR do you think all of those accessories will be feasible to be offered in one package, or maybe we can pick the most desirable accessories to be produced, to reduce complexities in manufacturing/stocking/selling them?

Let me start the list (I think a survey pool might be better) from all the accessories listed above of what I might be interested (in order of most desired) Big Smile :
- 18350 short tube
- Side directional shade
- Top-hat reflector shade (sorry for my ignorance, what’s the differences compared to “Standard top shade for directing light down”? Is this standard to shade the same as Silicone folding top shade, or different again?).
- Silicone folding top shade
- (Silicone folding) Yellow-white top night shade
- Hard storage case (padded inside, with enough place to fit all/most of these accessories)
- cap base for the lantern head when used without battery tube.

DBSAR
DBSAR's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 10 hours ago
Joined: 02/11/2013 - 23:28
Posts: 6367
Location: Newfoundland, Canada

ben1680 wrote:
@DBSAR do you think all of those accessories will be feasible to be offered in one package, or maybe we can pick the most desirable accessories to be produced, to reduce complexities in manufacturing/stocking/selling them?

Let me start the list (I think a survey pool might be better) from all the accessories listed above of what I might be interested (in order of most desired) Big Smile :
- 18350 short tube
- Side directional shade
- Top-hat reflector shade (sorry for my ignorance, what’s the differences compared to “Standard top shade for directing light down”? Is this standard to shade the same as Silicone folding top shade, or different again?).
- Silicone folding top shade
- (Silicone folding) Yellow-white top night shade
- Hard storage case (padded inside, with enough place to fit all/most of these accessories)
- cap base for the lantern head when used without battery tube.

I will try to describe the details & uses for each accessory above in the upcoming video to help with people deciding on what would be wanted in a“kit” set if that were to be the way to offer them.

That Canadian flashlight guy & Lantern Guru -Den / DBSARlight

SIGShooter
SIGShooter's picture
Offline
Last seen: 27 min 20 sec ago
Joined: 07/14/2013 - 02:10
Posts: 2221
Location: northern california
leftdisconnected wrote:
ISO wrote:
Already said that I had 4 listing under 250 and no email. SIGShooter could have hanle this much better than Sonfin..

(I assume you mean Private Message, because you need to check those manually; the e-mail notices are not foolproof.)

And that’s been worrying me a bit, since you aren’t the only one that has reported this issue. It appears that most people are getting PM’s approximately in order, but a few pages back Andyman, at #9, reported no message. I’m sure everyone will ultimately be taken care of, but I hope that this works out well for both Sofirn and BLF as it would be sad if feelings were hurt and trust was damaged.

As we see people higher on the list get PM’ed, I think it would be fair for anyone lower who has not yet received a message to go ahead and ask Sofirn for codes. Let’s be frank here; after Sofirn took over the process, we don’t have much insight into what’s happening. This is not a complaint; it’s just stating the obvious Wink .

SIGShooter wrote:
Writing an ordering application that allows a person to enter a unique user code which then responds with an appropriate purchase code would be something to consider for a future buy.

+1. The user codes should actually be pretty easy, but interfacing those with multiple stores around the world is probably not. You would probably need a website and backend that either created or handed out a pre-made coupon code or store link according to the customer’s choice.


Connecting multiple stores to the host database is simple enough if the Ebay/AliExpress stores can customize their pages to execute JavaScript, etc. If not an app could run on a website that connects to the database. Or someone at Sofirn just runs a query on a pc when they get an email asking for a code from a qualified person. My code handles about 90% of what is needed and I’d give it to them if they want to use it (not that it’s all that complex).

Actually if anyone wanted the code for future BLF projects they’re more than welcome to have it. Oracle Express is free to download so there’s no cost involved in bringing up an instance of the code.

goshdogit
goshdogit's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 44 min ago
Joined: 12/03/2015 - 21:28
Posts: 1364

Looking forward to your accessories video, Den!

BTW, that’s a gorgeous Sofa Wolf! Perhaps Kane will make a cameo in the video. Party

cloggy
Offline
Last seen: 21 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 07/08/2012 - 07:04
Posts: 217
Location: Brabourne Lees, UK

Code received for Amazon DE which worked.
Ordered one lantern without batteries.
I am #483 on the list.
Thanks to all concerned.

cloggy

ISO
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/02/2016 - 17:11
Posts: 173
Location: Sweden

I got the privat msg from Sofirn after I posted here. So Sofirn seams to be good and are trying to fulfill our needs :).

LTI mit akku”, from Amazon.de, didnt know akku is batteries in german.

Thx Sofirn

rockhound42
rockhound42's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 8 hours ago
Joined: 04/22/2013 - 07:01
Posts: 156
Location: London

Just got my code and ordered from amazon.de.

Thanks again to the whole LT1 team especially DBSAR for following this through to the end.

Beer
MichielSanders
MichielSanders's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 12/28/2017 - 02:33
Posts: 159
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands. GMT+1
  1. I got my code this morning 7:30 gmt+1 and ordered 1 without batteries from amazon.de
    Now i only need to wait for #786

Olight: M3XS-UT, S Mini CU, R50 CU, R50 Pro LE, M2R, I3T Cu, S30R III, Marauder X6, X7R, X9R - BLF: Q8, A6, GT, GT mini - Emisar: D1s, D4Ti - Reylight: Tripple Dawn, Ti Lan 

Nitecore: TM26GT, SRT9, EC11, T5s, P05Pink, LA10, HC33, HC70 - Fenix: TK75Vn FiatLux, TK76, CL05, CL09 -  Lumintop: Tool Ti, IYP365Ti - Astrolux: MF01 Lexel driver - FourSevens: Maelstrom MMU-X3 

Norddeutscher
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 07/27/2016 - 10:58
Posts: 55
Location: Germany

Moin Moin

Still waiting for code list place 196 Norddeutscher

Thanks to all

regards

Jens

Th558
Th558's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 16:19
Posts: 1225
Location: United Kingdom

Does this also have a turbo mode?

agent80
Offline
Last seen: 37 min 26 sec ago
Joined: 01/06/2013 - 02:28
Posts: 467

Can the cap-base be bought separately? or what is an alternative. I need to cover the lantern base when the batteries are not connected.

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 17 hours ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 3184

ISO wrote:
I got the privat msg from Sofirn after I posted here. So Sofirn seams to be good and are trying to fulfill our needs :). "LTI mit akku", from Amazon.de, didnt know akku is batteries in german. Thx Sofirn

Actually, the English term "battery" has two meanings in German.

Battery = "Akku(mulator)" = rechargeable battery

Battery = "Batterie" = disposable battery

ISO
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/02/2016 - 17:11
Posts: 173
Location: Sweden
Lux-Perpetua wrote:

ISO wrote:
I got the privat msg from Sofirn after I posted here. So Sofirn seams to be good and are trying to fulfill our needs :). “LTI mit akku”, from Amazon.de, didnt know akku is batteries in german. Thx Sofirn

Actually, the English term “battery” has two meanings in German.


Battery = “Akku(mulator)” = rechargeable battery


Battery = “Batterie” = disposable battery

Seams logical and akku(mulator) made it relevant. Thx

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2045
Location: New Zealand
Th558 wrote:
Does this also have a turbo mode?

Highly unlikely. I’m guessing it ramps all the way up to 600 lumens. I don’t see the point having a higher turbo being a lantern that’s designed for runtime

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

blade123
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 5 days ago
Joined: 10/11/2019 - 07:40
Posts: 3
Location: Australia

Is it too late to add my name to the list if possible? Thanks Smile

Juls Boo
Juls Boo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 07/17/2017 - 06:12
Posts: 26
Location: Paris (FR)
  1. here.
    Ordered via AliExpress, have a tracking number and waiting for delivery Smile

Juls Boo / LIGht HunTer

juls boo

Light Painting GIF done with various light. More here [ https://ello.co/julsboo ]

Sillen
Sillen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 7 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 06:39
Posts: 656
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Juls Boo wrote:
#1463 here. Ordered via AliExpress, have a tracking number and waiting for delivery Smile

Really! 974 and no pm

Alux
Offline
Last seen: 23 hours 39 min ago
Joined: 09/21/2015 - 02:51
Posts: 45
Location: Germany

Hi, I’m 426 in the list, got my code yesterday and ordered today at amazon.de.
Thanks to the team

atobe
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 20 min ago
Joined: 09/14/2019 - 23:27
Posts: 365
Location: California
Sillen wrote:
Juls Boo wrote:
#1463 here. Ordered via AliExpress, have a tracking number and waiting for delivery Smile

Really! 974 and no pm

No need for PM if you’re ordering from Ali or eBay.

"☚ (<‿<)☚"

MtnDon
MtnDon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 50 min ago
Joined: 08/27/2015 - 18:25
Posts: 3750
Location: Canuk in NM
Sillen wrote:
Juls Boo wrote:
#1463 here. Ordered via AliExpress, have a tracking number and waiting for delivery Smile

Really! 974 and no pm

I believe anyone can order from aliexpress at any time without a PM as long as their name is on the list.

Just an opinion of mine…. having the LT1 available from Amazon with a PM’d code as well as being available on eBay and aliexpress is very confusing. I know this ordering process is completely out of our hands so this is just a statement for future consideration by anyone else involved in a project.

If anyone on the list can order from ali or ebay at anytime what is the point of the numbered list? It becomes a free for all.

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 4 hours ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2045
Location: New Zealand
Sillen wrote:
Juls Boo wrote:
#1463 here. Ordered via AliExpress, have a tracking number and waiting for delivery Smile

Really! 974 and no pm

Codes are only needed for Amazon but they all ship from China

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

amishbill
amishbill's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 05/01/2019 - 10:03
Posts: 714
Location: GA
Funtastic wrote:
Th558 wrote:
Does this also have a turbo mode?

Highly unlikely. I’m guessing it ramps all the way up to 600 lumens. I don’t see the point having a higher turbo being a lantern that’s designed for runtime


This is correct. The LT1’s primary purpose is to be ‘enough’ lighting to let you function normally over an extended time. In a situation where normal lighting is not available, this should be enough light to allow it. It was never designed to replace a 200w chandelier.

That said, there are – I believe – solder pads on the driver to let those who want to trade runtime for more light. If the details are not in the instruction manual, dig through the first post and you should be able to find them. You’re not going to hit 4 digits of light, but you can get ‘more’.

DIY LT1 battery wrap image. "PDF on Google Drive":https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IHIEOi1NXu868IYNCzIM7D2Ulpxchmww

Fresh Sanyo NCR18650GAs already wrapped "for sale HERE":http://budgetlightforum.com/node/69120 if you like.

gottawearshades
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 10 hours ago
Joined: 09/29/2015 - 15:18
Posts: 71

Not a bad idea.

eugene188 wrote:
Light Years wrote:
DBSAR wrote:
Production prototypes were sent out to TK, Lexel & myself to run through a battery of tests to work out bugs, but there were no free current production units sent.

It’s a shame that you (and the rest of the team) aren’t getting a free production unit. With all the time you invested in this project, you really deserve one. With nearly 3000 units on the interest list, that’s $150 000 worth of sales for them (plus what they will sell afterwards).

Hey Sofirn, it’s not too late to show some well deserved recognition to those who designed a product that will bring you a few $100K in sales.

$150k in sales, but definitely not $150k in profit.

Having said that, it would be pretty nice if they sent the couple of ppl that worked on it a special limited edition. We would all drool over it and then some people would buy the LE version on top of what they are already buying.

Stereodude
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 03/16/2013 - 21:14
Posts: 521
Location: US of A
amishbill wrote:
Funtastic wrote:
Th558 wrote:
Does this also have a turbo mode?

Highly unlikely. I’m guessing it ramps all the way up to 600 lumens. I don’t see the point having a higher turbo being a lantern that’s designed for runtime


This is correct. The LT1’s primary purpose is to be ‘enough’ lighting to let you function normally over an extended time. In a situation where normal lighting is not available, this should be enough light to allow it. It was never designed to replace a 200w chandelier.
I’m pretty sure you’re both incorrect. We went over this when working on the manual. As it was explained… By default the light does not ramp all the way to the max possible output. It ramps to the “ceiling” which is not the max possible output. As such, the “turbo” is brighter. You can change the ceiling to the max possible output, but that’s not how it ships.

Of course it’s always possible that we were given incorrect information despite making every effort to ensure the accuracy of it.

Pages