[Viral] Stock photography failed.

15 posts / 0 new
Last post
freeme
freeme's picture
Online
Last seen: 2 min 58 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 10803
[Viral] Stock photography failed.

1thedeals.comyoutubeAstroluxNealsgadgetsolight

Edited by: freeme on 03/18/2016 - 12:14
everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3765
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

Well its happen to me before when i was not paying attention and went to pick the soldering iron back up lol!

Maybe they are waiting for the iron to get hot before they start? I must admit to doing that also with a solder and an actual iron Silly

Henk4U2
Henk4U2's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 43 min ago
Joined: 02/13/2014 - 17:52
Posts: 4230
Location: The heart of the Netherlands (GMT+1)

At least they are wearing goggles while being burned.
Unless it is the prequel for the new sit-com “look ma, no hands”

You are a flashaholic if you are forced to come out of the closet, to make room for more flashlights.

keltex78
keltex78's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 03/18/2011 - 10:15
Posts: 3705
Location: Texas


Keepin’ the “B” in BLF

Don wrote:
It sounds like the XM LEDs won’t really be suitable for flashlight use. Pity…

Halo...
Halo...'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2011 - 02:39
Posts: 3304
Location: Halo island

They are actually plugged in and on. But it’s pod people. Can’t feel it.

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7451
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

I have done that once, many years ago, by accident. Lesson learned: Look at the solder iron when gripping it.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

tekwyzrd
tekwyzrd's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/14/2015 - 01:15
Posts: 1340
Location: Northeastern Ohio

Kind of funny the first photo was posted to a metrology group on facebook and now it was posted here.

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws. – Douglas Adams

Spasmod
Spasmod's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 20:17
Posts: 508
Location: UK West Country

Soldering Iron lesson I learned the hard way Smile If the tip falls out of the iron and lands on the carpet – DO NOT kick it around like you intuitively think to do. It’s best to leave it where it is while looking for the pliers to pick it up Silly

If you kick it around, you end up with lots of burn holes in the carpet! Big Smile

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7451
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
tekwyzrd wrote:
Kind of funny the first photo was posted to a metrology group on facebook and now it was posted here.

It is a stock photo, that means everybody can use it (if they pay) and lot of people do not know how to use a solder iron.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

Lazy-R-us
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/13/2015 - 00:30
Posts: 685
Location: Carolinas, USA

That’s not a fail, it’s simply showing how an Electrical Engineer uses a soldering iron when the Electrical Engineering Technology grad isn’t around!

Back when I was in school, the EE students were quite sure they were smarter than us lowly Electrical Engineering Technology students. We, on the other hand, were equally certain that while EE’s might very well be able to do Fourier transforms in thier heads, thier practical skills were useless.

Perhaps we both had an axe to grind…

Lazy-R-us

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7451
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Lazy-R-us wrote:
That’s not a fail, it’s simply showing how an Electrical Engineer uses a soldering iron when the Electrical Engineering Technology grad isn’t around!

Back when I was in school, the EE students were quite sure they were smarter than us lowly Electrical Engineering Technology students. We, on the other hand, were equally certain that while EE’s might very well be able to do Fourier transforms in thier heads, thier practical skills were useless.

Perhaps we both had an axe to grind…

That is probably a problem with many educations: People starting on the education do not really know much about it.
When I started on a EE, there where very few in the class that had used a solder iron. I remember one fun episode: Go to the lab and build this 10kHz oscillator with this 741 (I was told to shut up, before I even said anything).
For people not knowing about old electronic stuff: 741 was a slow OpAmp, even if theoretical OpAmp calculation showed that a circuit would oscillate at 10kHz the 741 was way to slow to do that, if you had used these parts you would know that, but people only reading theory did not know it.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

will34
will34's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 37 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2012 - 00:12
Posts: 4113

I like the picture where she’s trying to reflow the aluminium heatsink Silly

Halo...
Halo...'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 years 5 months ago
Joined: 12/15/2011 - 02:39
Posts: 3304
Location: Halo island

HKJ wrote:
I remember one fun episode: Go to the lab and build this 10kHz oscillator with this 741 (I was told to shut up, before I even said anything).
Big Smile
Did you have to attempt the circuit anyway?
tekwyzrd
tekwyzrd's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 11/14/2015 - 01:15
Posts: 1340
Location: Northeastern Ohio
HKJ wrote:
tekwyzrd wrote:
Kind of funny the first photo was posted to a metrology group on facebook and now it was posted here.

It is a stock photo, that means everybody can use it (if they pay) and lot of people do not know how to use a solder iron.

In the group mentioned they made a game of finding all of the things wrong with the photo like the way the soldering iron is held, no grounding strap, no vac for fumes, unprotected cpu slot, etc.

Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws. – Douglas Adams

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7451
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Halo… wrote:
HKJ wrote:
I remember one fun episode: Go to the lab and build this 10kHz oscillator with this 741 (I was told to shut up, before I even said anything).
Big Smile Did you have to attempt the circuit anyway?

Yes, it was group work. I was a rather passive member in my group and let the other have the fun figuring out what was wrong.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/