How a Zippo Armor lighter should have been made

144 posts / 0 new
Last post
moderator007
moderator007's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 12/23/2012 - 04:47
Posts: 3799
Location: North Carolina

They have several 50% coupons for lighters on amazon there. Do a search on vipon for lighters.

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5766
Location: Long Island, New York
moderator007 wrote:
They have several 50% coupons for lighters on amazon there. Do a search on vipon for lighters.

Thanks for the coupon code. I just ordered that plasma lighter for $7.33 shipped.

I forgot to mention that the coupon brings the price from $16.99 down to $8.33. There’s a box you check in Amazon to get an additional $1 off.

BTW, I’ve never smoked cigarettes or cigars. I just like lighters.

Boycott Nike

moderator007
moderator007's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 35 min ago
Joined: 12/23/2012 - 04:47
Posts: 3799
Location: North Carolina
atbglenn wrote:
moderator007 wrote:
They have several 50% coupons for lighters on amazon there. Do a search on vipon for lighters.

Thanks for the coupon code. I just ordered that plasma lighter for $7.33 shipped.

I forgot to mention that the coupon brings the price from $16.99 down to $8.33. There’s a box you check in Amazon to get an additional $1 off.

BTW, I’ve never smoked cigarettes or cigars. I just like lighters.

Thumbs Up
Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 1 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 17774
Location: nyc

Flashy Mike wrote:
Quote:
a double arc plasma lighter
Isn’t it dangerous to cross the streams?

Nah, they alternate. One zap is ‘\’, the next is ‘/’. Rinse, repeat very very fast.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 1 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 17774
Location: nyc

Fwiw, I got a few of these, which seem quite nice.

The finish can scuff if you beat on it (pants pocket with keys, change, etc.), but at least out of the box, they look quite nice.

Functionally perfect, no glitches so far.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 1 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 17774
Location: nyc

Of course…

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5766
Location: Long Island, New York

Got my Arc lighter today. It’s got a bad battery. It take about 5 minutes to charge and only lasts around 6 two second uses. It’s going back to Amazon tomorrow.

I ordered this one. I’ll have it Friday

Here

Boycott Nike

CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 4243
Location: Scotland

Looks good Thumbs Up

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5766
Location: Long Island, New York

I hope it’s good Smile

Boycott Nike

remlap
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/14/2019 - 21:21
Posts: 9

Hi is the tank you bought for your titanium lighter still available elsewhere it seems to be sold out on the link you gave.

Thanks.

CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 4243
Location: Scotland

I have searched but could not find another.

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5766
Location: Long Island, New York
CRX wrote:
Looks good Thumbs Up

It is good. Charge lasts a long time and the build quality is very good. I bought a second one as a spare.

Boycott Nike

CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 4243
Location: Scotland

Cool Thumbs Up

remlap
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/14/2019 - 21:21
Posts: 9

Thanks for the quick reply any alternatives?

I got stuck down this rabbit hole after getting a pack of Zorro pads that hold down the cotton wading for my Zippo.

First discovered their outside hinge trick lighter then the armour and am very tempted to get.

Have a good night/morning.

Cheers.

CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 4243
Location: Scotland
CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 4243
Location: Scotland

Those tanks seem to be all that’s available right now Sad

What were the complaints, bad flow/ flame, leaking?

remlap
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/14/2019 - 21:21
Posts: 9

Pretty much seems to evaporate at same time as regular wadding.

I may get one and see. £19 and change isn’t expensive from Japan. Surprised there aren’t more options from China.

remlap
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/14/2019 - 21:21
Posts: 9

I have done some more research and the general feeling is its a good tank and doesn’t evaporate if you fill to the max to let air bubbles escape so I have ordered one. Thanks for the help CRX.

How long did your titanium lighter take to arrive, I am in Wales. I am thinking about ordering when my bank a/c is better filled. Big Smile

Edit – Ordered the lighter I couldn’t resist it.

Illumenated
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 16 hours ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 13:45
Posts: 284
Location: Georgia, USA

Lightbringer wrote:
Fwiw, I got a few of these, which seem quite nice.

The finish can scuff if you beat on it (pants pocket with keys, change, etc.), but at least out of the box, they look quite nice.

Functionally perfect, no glitches so far.

Thought about trying one of those out..are those lighters still holding up for you? Good battery life?

CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 4243
Location: Scotland

remlap wrote:
I have done some more research and the general feeling is its a good tank and doesn’t evaporate if you fill to the max to let air bubbles escape so I have ordered one. Thanks for the help CRX.

How long did your titanium lighter take to arrive, I am in Wales. I am thinking about ordering when my bank a/c is better filled. Big Smile

Edit – Ordered the lighter I couldn’t resist it.

Yes they work much better when the air is replaced with fuel Wink
Looks like it will require some experimentation to get the flow just right.

Shipping took only around eight months I think LOL
No, prob around three weeks or so.

What model did you order?

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 1 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 17774
Location: nyc

Illumenated wrote:
Lightbringer wrote:
Fwiw, I got a few of these, which seem quite nice.

The finish can scuff if you beat on it (pants pocket with keys, change, etc.), but at least out of the box, they look quite nice.

Functionally perfect, no glitches so far.

Thought about trying one of those out..are those lighters still holding up for you? Good battery life?

I hardly ever use ‘em (don’t smoke), but they hold their charge quite well. Never had to recharge it yet, and it still fizzes out a good spark.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

remlap
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/14/2019 - 21:21
Posts: 9

CRX wrote:
remlap wrote:
I have done some more research and the general feeling is its a good tank and doesn’t evaporate if you fill to the max to let air bubbles escape so I have ordered one. Thanks for the help CRX.

How long did your titanium lighter take to arrive, I am in Wales. I am thinking about ordering when my bank a/c is better filled. Big Smile

Edit – Ordered the lighter I couldn’t resist it.

Yes they work much better when the air is replaced with fuel Wink
Looks like it will require some experimentation to get the flow just right.

Shipping took only around eight months I think LOL
No, prob around three weeks or so.

What model did you order?

I was gonna say, my heart dropped when I heard 8 months. Ha! you got me there.

I ordered the titanium one you linked to in the first post in this thread.

CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 4243
Location: Scotland

Same as mine, copycat huh Big Smile
Nice choice, I think you’ll like it Thumbs Up

You will get some extra o-rings with it but will need more eventually, so 0.5mm watch gaskets work with these, can’t remember what size exactly but I bought a multipack with various sizes in it to keep me going.
Keep the seal clean with a very very light smear of silicone grease on it too.
Also I use extra long swan flints.

remlap
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/14/2019 - 21:21
Posts: 9

Yeah you caught me, I debated in my head for going with the Zorro with the same design but the thought why not! I found all the other titanium made ones a bit gordy and yours the best option. Plus you were the guinea pig.

Flints are not a problem teaming with them around the place, Zippo, Clipper, Ronson, generic.

I keep my lighter on me as more a just if need be I am not a smoker, I am hoping it fits in my current leather belt holder thingy my current Zippos in but I am just sick of refilling it every two weeks.

It seems the Chinese are into their lighters, I am surprised the tanks haven’t taken off out there.

Now the wait begins.

Gebe
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 05/11/2013 - 17:04
Posts: 825
Location: State Of Jefferson

Man, what a journey it’s been trying to get one of these Zorro War Armor lighters! I wanted one of the silver ones. I went to the site Steve linked to in his original post but they were out of them. I found one in another AE store and ordered it.

I won’t go into detail here but after 2 1/2 months, I put in a dispute and got my money refunded. I checked the site where Steve got his again and they had the silver, (chrome), back in stock. I ordered it.

Well, here we go again! About 2 weeks after I paid, they finally listed it as shipped. Now, almost 3 weeks later, nothing. The tracking number they provided doesn’t exist. I’ve checked every tracking site there is and nothing.

If I ever receive this elusive lighter, it’ll be a miracle!

Masejoer
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 09/22/2011 - 20:01
Posts: 71
Location: Oregon

Gebe wrote:
Man, what a journey it’s been trying to get one of these Zorro War Armor lighters! I wanted one of the silver ones. I went to the site Steve linked to in his original post but they were out of them. I found one in another AE store and ordered it.

I won’t go into detail here but after 2 1/2 months, I put in a dispute and got my money refunded. I checked the site where Steve got his again and they had the silver, (chrome), back in stock. I ordered it.

Well, here we go again! About 2 weeks after I paid, they finally listed it as shipped. Now, almost 3 weeks later, nothing. The tracking number they provided doesn’t exist. I’ve checked every tracking site there is and nothing.

If I ever receive this elusive lighter, it’ll be a miracle!

I grabbed one from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Zorro-lighter-armor-kerosene-custom-copp... and it took about 3 1/2 weeks to arrive in Oregon. Came in today. Looks and works great.

Gebe
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 05/11/2013 - 17:04
Posts: 825
Location: State Of Jefferson
Masejoer wrote:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Zorro-lighter-armor-kerosene-custom-copp...

That’s the exact same AE store I ordered it from this second time around. Still nothing. Glad you had good luck!

Gebe
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 05/11/2013 - 17:04
Posts: 825
Location: State Of Jefferson

Yeah Steve, maybe third time’s the charm! Angry Big Smile

Gebe
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 6 min ago
Joined: 05/11/2013 - 17:04
Posts: 825
Location: State Of Jefferson

Masejoer wrote:
Gebe wrote:
Man, what a journey it’s been trying to get one of these Zorro War Armor lighters! I wanted one of the silver ones. I went to the site Steve linked to in his original post but they were out of them. I found one in another AE store and ordered it.

I won’t go into detail here but after 2 1/2 months, I put in a dispute and got my money refunded. I checked the site where Steve got his again and they had the silver, (chrome), back in stock. I ordered it.

Well, here we go again! About 2 weeks after I paid, they finally listed it as shipped. Now, almost 3 weeks later, nothing. The tracking number they provided doesn’t exist. I’ve checked every tracking site there is and nothing.

If I ever receive this elusive lighter, it’ll be a miracle!

I grabbed one from https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Zorro-lighter-armor-kerosene-custom-copp... and it took about 3 1/2 weeks to arrive in Oregon. Came in today. Looks and works great.

Just wondering Masejoer, did they provide you with a functioning tracking number after you purchased it? Thanks.

yasenf
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 9 hours ago
Joined: 02/10/2017 - 14:33
Posts: 280
Location: Bulgaria

About 2 months ago I ordered from the same store and received everything. Just as a note, color 4 came as model 912s – 202 g of brass and strangely one wall was 2.5m, the other – 3.5 mm. The seller couldn’t answer me if this is normal and if I order same color- shall I receive 912 or 912s. Don’t want to throw another 30 bucks to find the answer:)

Pages