[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

19107 posts / 0 new
Last post
JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12837
Location: Houston Texas

BoxCarWillie wrote:

My question is which GT is being used in this video, the first proto type with CW emitter or the NW that is now being shipped?


It’s a production light with 4000k emitter.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

chrisc
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 11/21/2012 - 12:56
Posts: 808
Location: Reading, UK

Wonder how he got his so quickly if he’s not part of the original build team.

JIGHEADWORM
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 07/02/2017 - 18:04
Posts: 250
Location: Tennessee

The videos make it look warmer than it actually is in real life, at least with mine it does.

BobTB
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 4 days ago
Joined: 09/14/2017 - 00:52
Posts: 40
Location: Australia

BoxCarWillie wrote:

My question is which GT is being used in this video, the first proto type with CW emitter or the NW WW that is now being shipped?

There…fixed it for you Silly

Pöbel
Pöbel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 15 hours ago
Joined: 02/14/2013 - 08:27
Posts: 279
Location: Germany
chrisc wrote:
Wonder how he got his so quickly if he’s not part of the original build team.

—>

M4D M4X wrote:

good morning all!

about the Video from Julian:
he got a “advertising sample” planned long ago for the german market

delivering the flashlights to the participants of the groupbuy are not affected!
the time delays are due to production problems and improved quality control…


chrisc
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 11/21/2012 - 12:56
Posts: 808
Location: Reading, UK

Thanks. I didn’t see that message posted by M4D M4X.

I was wondering if he was sneaky or got one via the states.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12837
Location: Houston Texas

LSX wrote:
Any Australians got a shipping notification yet?

It’s doubtful. There have only been 2 big shipments and they were to the USA.
Neal said he was gonna send another big shipment at the end of last week, but since no one has reported any tracking notices, I’m guessing it wasn’t sent. Hopefully it will get sent today or tomorrow and folks will start getting notices.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12837
Location: Houston Texas

chrisc wrote:
Wonder how he got his so quickly if he’s not part of the original build team.

This always cracks me up!

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 hours 22 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12837
Location: Houston Texas

This is an important post, so I’ll repost it here.

M4D M4X wrote:

good morning all!


the password has been changed already – but i see no suspicious sales atfirst sight
but since Neal DOES doublecheck EVERY SINGLE ORDER he will notice any stinky order Wink


 


about the Video from Julian:
he got a “advertising sample” planned long ago for the german market

delivering the flashlights to the participants of the groupbuy are not affected!
the time delays are due to production problems and improved quality control…


 


PS


Mr Thomas has registerd to my blog long ago and (as well as 2000+ ppl) accepted the terms of use for my page:


 


User of my page and the forums commit:



  • not to post any offensive or illegal content

  • not to link to other commercial pages

  • not to post content without having the copyright

  • to have respectful deal with all my active users on my side

  • not to discuss religious or political topics

  • not to share or post my deals anywhere without getting my permission at first

  • No false information about their person or motivation

  • persons who are working with or for manufacturers or shops (paid or not) are NOT ALLOWED to register
    existing members need to contact me immediately to find out if their account has to be terminated!


Should I be disadvantaged by a user of my site, I reserve the right to legal action!


his account has been deactivated – in my opinion: if he cannot read, he should not post.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 4271
Location: The Motor City

JasonWW wrote:
chrisc wrote:
Wonder how he got his so quickly if he’s not part of the original build team.

This always cracks me up!


Great Show!

KB1428 “Live Life WOT

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 days ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8821
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

thats a regular production light like all others shiped last week

 

no one expected the delivery so slow and scattered over the list Sad

as far as i understand a lot reflectors produced do not pass QC and have to be redone
(imagine "some" other brand would just ship imperfect lights to rush onto full price selling... )

we all can be happy to get nearly 1000 lights after the planned 555 for a bargain!
but we need to pay with our patience (and still will be delivered before all others)

 

btw - Julian did not get it for free!
(the calculation has no room for free lights)

i really hope you like his video and help him with a thumbs up Smile

 

PS
i just read a guy is making english subtitles Smile

 

PLEASE NOTE
i do not work in "reviews, deals and codes" for the time being
maybe M4D M4X will return one day, but until then:

THANK YOU FOR YEARS OF YOUR SUPPORT AND FRIENDLY CONTACTS!

patmurris
patmurris's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 12/22/2014 - 15:54
Posts: 1714
Location: Nice, France

DB Custom wrote:
Comparison, GT with CW XHP-35 vs. GT with WW XHP-35, very cloudy night, light sprinkle coming down….64ºF with 75% humidity. Water tower is (still) 1.9 miles away. This time I set the 2 second timer on the camera and held the light about 8’ away to the right of the camera so the beam shot isn’t looking down the beam of light.

Base shot, (all 3 shots are with the 70-200mm f/2.8L IS lens at 200mm, ISO1600, f/4.0, 0.5 sec in manual focus from the 5D MkIV, Med Jpg SOOC)

CW

WW

I have 8 matched LG M25 18650 cells with solder blobs, I used one carrier from my light with the rear 4 in the WW GT, used the empty WW carriers in the rear of each light. So each light is running on 4 matched LG M25 cells.


Thanks for the beam shots…
However, i notice the street light tint changes from one pict to the other, meaning your camera is adjusting the white balance differently for each shot. That renders the comparison difficult if not meaningless?
BoxCarWillie
BoxCarWillie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/06/2016 - 11:07
Posts: 249
Location: U.S.A.

JasonWW wrote:
BoxCarWillie wrote:

My question is which GT is being used in this video, the first proto type with CW emitter or the NW that is now being shipped?


It’s a production light with 4000k emitter.

I kind of thought it may have been a proto type like the one Matt (VOB) received to make his first GT video! Thanks for clearing that up!

DooMMasteR
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 01/16/2017 - 13:02
Posts: 86
Location: Germany

Would be great if the fit light would be accompanied by an unfit reflector Smile MODDING!L!L!LL!L!!!!l1o1

chrisc
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 11/21/2012 - 12:56
Posts: 808
Location: Reading, UK

I’ll make sure that when mine arrives I’ll go out and compare it to both the BLF Q8 and TM16 GT as per Julians video.
I’ll take the Niwalker Vostro BKFA09S with me too. It’ll be interesting seeing it compare against a tried and tested 1km and a 1.5km light. I know many people treat the TN42 as the standard thrower but I never felt the need for that when the Niwalker had nearly all the TN42 had for a fair few £ less.

After the criticism about the white balance I’ll make sure I lock white balance and exposure on my videos / photos. Even the big DSLR’s can be a pain.

With all of these 1.5mile/2mile beam shots I’ve realised I’ve got a better place I test mine when it arrives.

Keisari
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 day ago
Joined: 03/30/2015 - 16:57
Posts: 220
Location: Finland

Enderman wrote:
I am sure everyone here agrees that 4000k is extremely warm for an LED flashlight. 5000-5700k is more neutral, neither yellow nor blue.
Don't be certain. Wink Guess what, I don't really agree on that wording. I would not go that far but simply say that 4000 K (like the 5A temp bin) is somewhat on the warmer side of LED flashlights, and not the most typical. It's still within the normal scale and not extreme or a specialty. It does not look strange or out of place to me when used together with more typical neutral lights.

However, I would agree on that, say, 3000 K or even 3400 K is extremely warm for an LED flashlight. In fact, one could just say that it is extreme without further defining why. I only have one such weirdo, a C8 with the 7A bin XP-L. It really stands out and appears orange side to side with any "normal" LED flashlight. At that point I get slight incandescent vintage vibes looking at the beam.

Bozlight29
Bozlight29's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 12/29/2016 - 16:40
Posts: 233
Location: Amsterdam

M4D M4X wrote:

thats a regular production light like all others shiped last week

 

no one expected the delivery so slow and scattered over the list Sad

as far as i understand a lot reflectors produced do not pass QC and have to be redone
(imagine "some" other brand would just ship imperfect lights to rush onto full price selling... )

 

Thanks Max for the info. Lumintop is the right choice. Quality above speed. 

LSX
LSX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 04/23/2013 - 08:38
Posts: 1455
Location: Perth, Australia
JasonWW wrote:
LSX wrote:
Any Australians got a shipping notification yet?
It’s doubtful. There have only been 2 big shipments and they were to the USA. Neal said he was gonna send another big shipment at the end of last week, but since no one has reported any tracking notices, I’m guessing it wasn’t sent. Hopefully it will get sent today or tomorrow and folks will start getting notices.

No worries. Thanks for the update.

emarkd
emarkd's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 1 week ago
Joined: 04/14/2015 - 22:04
Posts: 1608
Location: Georgia, USA

I think all this debate, while completely normal and expected on blf, is probably making some people more nervous than they should be. 4000k is not orange. Nowhere near it. I know cct preferences are just that – personal opinions, but one thing is for sure — 4000k is not orange. That pic of the door with the orange ball in the middle doesn’t even come close to accurately representing what my GT looks like in person. I know all these photographers and videographers really do have the best of intentions, but between different eyes and different cameras and different monitors, they literally CANNOT accurately represent what the light will look like to you. It may be warmer than most lights, especially production lights, but 4000k is still a great tint, very pleasant to look at in my opinion, and super functional in a light like this. Nothing wrong at all with changing it if you want, but for those who don’t have their lights yet, I’d just beg you to wait and get yours before forming some pre-opinion on the situation.

..and since I’m here, the GT is the first light I’ve ever had which had a beam that focused so far past the huge reflector that it can shine “through” my hand, like I’m holding the sun. My kids love this trick. Smile

PS: Notice I’m not holding an orange sun? That’s cause the GT isn’t orange! Big Smile Personally, not that anyone should care, but I think its perfect and have zero desire to change mine. Thanks again to everyone involved!

DoNkEyConN
DoNkEyConN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/28/2017 - 04:17
Posts: 409
Location: Brisvegas, Australia
LSX wrote:
Any Australians got a shipping notification yet?

fingers crossed its soon, can’t wait to get my hands on this beast Thumbs Up

LuminousIgnis
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 09/30/2017 - 12:18
Posts: 22

I’m curious how many people bought the GT just for the pure lightsaber effect, and not for the actual ability to see far in the distance which it is intended for.

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2157

emarkd wrote:
I think all this debate, while completely normal and expected on blf, is probably making some people more nervous than they should be. 4000k is not orange. Nowhere near it. I know cct preferences are just that – personal opinions, but one thing is for sure — 4000k is not orange. That pic of the door with the orange ball in the middle doesn’t even come close to accurately representing what my GT looks like in person. I know all these photographers and videographers really do have the best of intentions, but between different eyes and different cameras and different monitors, they literally CANNOT accurately represent what the light will look like to you. It may be warmer than most lights, especially production lights, but 4000k is still a great tint, very pleasant to look at in my opinion, and super functional in a light like this. Nothing wrong at all with changing it if you want, but for those who don’t have their lights yet, I’d just beg you to wait and get yours before forming some pre-opinion on the situation.

..and since I’m here, the GT is the first light I’ve ever had which had a beam that focused so far past the huge reflector that it can shine “through” my hand, like I’m holding the sun. My kids love this trick. Smile

PS: Notice I’m not holding an orange sun? That’s cause the GT isn’t orange! Big Smile Personally, not that anyone should care, but I think its perfect and have zero desire to change mine. Thanks again to everyone involved!

Thumbs Up 4000k is very comfortable and relax indeed. My house are all 4000k and 2700k lights, i switch on 2700k more often while my wife switch on 4000k more often.

One question is don’t you afraid those GT photons slice “through” your hand and cause invisible internal bleeding?

cool i'll see you when you get there

chrisc
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 11/21/2012 - 12:56
Posts: 808
Location: Reading, UK
LuminousIgnis wrote:
I’m curious how many people bought the GT just for the pure lightsaber effect, and not for the actual ability to see far in the distance which it is intended for.

<-Raises hand->

Big Smile

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 53 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9342
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

emarkd wrote:
I think all this debate, while completely normal and expected on blf, is probably making some people more nervous than they should be. 4000k is not orange. Nowhere near it. I know cct preferences are just that – personal opinions, but one thing is for sure — 4000k is not orange. That pic of the door with the orange ball in the middle doesn’t even come close to accurately representing what my GT looks like in person. I know all these photographers and videographers really do have the best of intentions, but between different eyes and different cameras and different monitors, they literally CANNOT accurately represent what the light will look like to you. It may be warmer than most lights, especially production lights, but 4000k is still a great tint, very pleasant to look at in my opinion, and super functional in a light like this. Nothing wrong at all with changing it if you want, but for those who don’t have their lights yet, I’d just beg you to wait and get yours before forming some pre-opinion on the situation.

..and since I’m here, the GT is the first light I’ve ever had which had a beam that focused so far past the huge reflector that it can shine “through” my hand, like I’m holding the sun. My kids love this trick. Smile

PS: Notice I’m not holding an orange sun? That’s cause the GT isn’t orange! Big Smile Personally, not that anyone should care, but I think its perfect and have zero desire to change mine. Thanks again to everyone involved!

100% correct, the pictures that make the GT look orange are completely at odds with the real world. In the real world it looks pleasing and like I have said over and over, like a small sun.

Wait till you see it in person, then judge it.

mrheosuper
Offline
Last seen: 4 weeks 6 hours ago
Joined: 09/30/2016 - 12:44
Posts: 1515
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

are all the first #555 light shipped out ?, just to make sure that i didnt miss anything

Forgot my pen

DoNkEyConN
DoNkEyConN's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/28/2017 - 04:17
Posts: 409
Location: Brisvegas, Australia
mrheosuper wrote:
are all the first #555 light shipped out ?, just to make sure that i didnt miss anything

362 lights have shipped. there was meant to be another shipment of 200 sent out late last week but noone has received any tracking info. maybe today ??

the first post in this thread has all the info known so far.

LuminousIgnis
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 4 months ago
Joined: 09/30/2017 - 12:18
Posts: 22
chrisc wrote:
LuminousIgnis wrote:
I’m curious how many people bought the GT just for the pure lightsaber effect, and not for the actual ability to see far in the distance which it is intended for.

<-Raises hand->

Big Smile


Just make sure you go out to a deserted field far far away from the city to have your lightsaber battles. But becareful when using it in the city after sunset, it uhh draws a mixture of reactions and not all of them are always positive.
DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2157

Texas_Ace wrote:

100% correct, the pictures that make the GT look orange are completely at odds with the real world. In the real world it looks pleasing and like I have said over and over, like a small sun.

Wait till you see it in person, then judge it.


I believe those who take the photo think that is what they have seen, an orange hotspot of GT on white wall together with cool white hotspot.
I believe that’s what they have seen. Else they won’t share something not true to their own eyes.
But it is most likely their brain auto white balance working there.
So i think it is outcome of camera and brain auto white balance. With only one GT hotspot, it is definitely not as orange, maybe slight yellowish.

cool i'll see you when you get there

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 53 min ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9342
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Ok, an update on the link sharing.

The guy that shared it has apologized and removed all the links.

It also appears that only a few orders were made with his shared links. We are sorting though them now. There were some legit orders made yesterday as well naturally that we are sorting though.

We will cancel all the invalid orders and since he is not sharing the link anymore we should be able to restore the old passwords and keep those active for now.

The plan is to send out the 3rd and final round of PM’s in a few weeks once they have caught up on the current orders.

Keisari
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 1 day ago
Joined: 03/30/2015 - 16:57
Posts: 220
Location: Finland

mrheosuper wrote:
are all the first #555 light shipped out ?, just to make sure that i didnt miss anything

Probably not, as the 555 group includes a lot of non-US orders and non-DHL orders, and those groups were the first to be shipped.

Pages

Topic locked