[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

19107 posts / 0 new
Last post
a_idiot
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 10/25/2014 - 10:35
Posts: 20
Location: london

My BLF GT came!. I’m in the UK and used registered for those who wonder and didn’t get hit by any customs. Thanks to the team and all involved – it’s an amazing light.

Keisari
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 03/30/2015 - 16:57
Posts: 220
Location: Finland
gravelmonkey wrote:
Nev wrote:
It would be a bit late once you’ve got your GT , guess what they can do with that request Evil

Well, they’ve your name and address, and tax owed is a legal obligation, so I guess details will get passed to a debt collection agency.

But I’m just speculating and pointing out that it doesn’t matter you’ve received the GT already.


I don’t know about the UK, but sounds implausible. A company sending an invoice to a customer who never ordered anything from them. Just signing to receive one’s own belongings hardly makes one responsible for purchasing anything else from a courier company. But then again, I don’t know about the UK and how Draconian laws you might have in place.

Quite possible they could if they really guesstimated VAT and already paid for it. Sound like fraud, but if this is the standard procedure, might be OK, thus requiring the recipient to actually pay. It’s a very foreign idea to me that a private company could conspire with the customs to forge a receipt to be used for charging some random amount of VAT from a citizen. The proper procedure would be the Customs to contact the recipient and bill them.

Keisari
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 03/30/2015 - 16:57
Posts: 220
Location: Finland

bella-headlight wrote:
I have always understood that registered mail from China or Hong Kong is via sea as opposed to air : ie the slow boat from China that is often referred to.
Maybe I am wrong.
Either way this light has taken 7 days to get from Hong Kong to me Thumbs Up

I’m not saying you are wrong, but it was always my understanding that the typical air mail we use today is also “registered mail” by definition.

The “slow boat from China” often refers to air mail, too. The economy option can be really slow even when the carrier decides to use air mail from, say, Mainland China to a European country. There could be lots of delay before and after the flight part of the journey. Air transit could be comparably very cheap if you don’t need the next flight and could do with any suitable connection within the next two weeks.

The reasoning is similar to airline passenger tickets: sometimes you can book flights for a price that would hardly cover fuel. It’s just better business to have something extra on board instead of nothing more when you’re flying anyway and the aircraft is not even half full.

The same applies to non-aviation logistics. It’s going to be cheaper to transport goods on rubber wheels when you don’t need it delivered ASAP and it can just be covered in a pile of other non-critical parcels using an almost First In, Last Out principle.

jkbam
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 2 days ago
Joined: 01/10/2015 - 07:29
Posts: 46
Location: West Lothian, UK

Arrived here, registered with batteries. Just waiting on the batteries charging. Thanks to all the GT team Big Smile

bella-headlight
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 01/10/2016 - 16:17
Posts: 1180
Location: United Kingdom

The way it works in the UK is like this
1. If the item is being shipped from the sender to the buyer via eg DHL the entire journey, then DHL contact the buyer when the item reaches the UK to charge the buyer the amount of VAT due plus a processing fee as they then pay VAT to customs on your behalf .
2. If the item is being delivered within the UK by the Royal Mail (UK postal service) customs contact you & you have to pay the VT before the item is released to be delivered to you.
Either way, as far as I know anyway, you have to pay VAT before you receive an item as you are given the choice of not paying VAT & not receiving the item.
I do not believe that I will be receiving a retrospective bill after I have received this package.
One other thing I noticed about my package apart from the fact there is no mention of the package coming from Hong Kong on the labelling just a London address, is that there is no value what so ever on the labelling.
This reinforces my belief that the package was sent to somebody in the UK first then posted from there to me as a separate, internal to the UK, shipping transaction.

Ian

G0OSE
G0OSE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2014 - 12:34
Posts: 2099
Location: UK SW

Went out tonight and did a few poor beamshots, was only on my phone. managed to hit a reflector on a building almost exactly 2 miles away! it has a small white light on it too – you can’t see the reflector in the photo sadly as the pics are from the beach.
Lovely night for it – I shone it from Henry VIII’s Sandsfoot Castle (the window opposite the door in the photo below to the last light building on the middle section of Portland Breakwater (Portland end) – Google Earth shows it as 1.99 Miles! Had a bit of a burn up with my BLF -TE and it was nearly as far, just way less powerful!





Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 52 sec ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 2834
Location: Netherlands

Nice shots Goose!
Can’t wait for my GT

WTB: Jetbeam TCR-1 or Sunwayman V10R Ti

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 52 sec ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 2834
Location: Netherlands

17Track says my packages arrived in The Netherlands!
Woohoo!

WTB: Jetbeam TCR-1 or Sunwayman V10R Ti

Nev
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 07:50
Posts: 1013
Location: U.K.
G0OSE wrote:
Went out tonight and did a few poor beamshots, was only on my phone. managed to hit a reflector on a building almost exactly 2 miles away! it has a small white light on it too – you can’t see the reflector in the photo sadly as the pics are from the beach. Lovely night for it – I shone it from Henry VIII’s Sandsfoot Castle (the window opposite the door in the photo below to the last light building on the middle section of Portland Breakwater (Portland end) – Google Earth shows it as 1.99 Miles! Had a bit of a burn up with my BLF -TE and it was nearly as far, just way less powerful! !{width:40%}http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/bensbargainbasement/20180219_200...!

It may be your camera but that beam looks like cool white.

Joey Adams
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 02/12/2017 - 21:29
Posts: 376
Location: Jamestown, KY

I’m really happy that you guys are finally getting your GTs. It is certainly worth the wait imho! Cheers!

G0OSE
G0OSE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 9 min ago
Joined: 09/03/2014 - 12:34
Posts: 2099
Location: UK SW

Funny you should say that Nev…….. it is not in the least bit warm in real life. The one in my BLF-TE (comparison colour) is swapped – it’s an XM-L2 U4 1A as far as I remember.
I wonder if they have put different colours in the GT’s?

R.D.
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 10 months ago
Joined: 01/30/2017 - 14:32
Posts: 27
Location: The Netherlands
Yokiamy wrote:
17Track says my packages arrived in The Netherlands! Woohoo!

Is that the ‘Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centre’ status?

Tuigali
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 07/27/2017 - 21:15
Posts: 23
Location: Uk

Mine was the same, Royal Mail 48. As you say, everything I’ve had from Gina before has had a customs sticker whereas this didn’t. There was a sticker underneath the RM on, but I don’t think it would have survived me taking the RM one off!

Noted about the retrospective charge mentioned by someone, although I think I’ll be ok.

bella-headlight wrote:
gravelmonkey wrote:
bella-headlight wrote:
Mine has now arrived in the Royal Mail Cardiff sorting office, some 20 miles from me, as of midnight last night Thumbs Up I have received no communication from customs so there can“t be any VAT or courier handling fees to be paid Smile It can only be a day or 2 away from me Thumbs Up

Tuigali wrote:
GT arrived today, without any extra letters re customs.

Considering HK customs seemed intent on me not having it, sending it back THREE times, I’d say it’s been a relatively quick process.

Thanks to all involved, can’t wait for a large search at night to come in at work so I can use it properly Smile

Bear in mind it’s not unheard of for delivery companies (DHL especially) to send an invoice a few weeks after delivery asking for VAT and handling payment.

Mine was delivered by Royal Mail tracked 48 hour service & came from a London address.
It looks to me like Lumintop shipped the light to London & then someone in London shipped it to me via Royal Mail.
Who was yours delivered by ?

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9026
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
G0OSE wrote:
Funny you should say that Nev…….. it is not in the least bit warm in real life. The one in my BLF-TE (comparison colour) is swapped – it’s an XM-L2 U4 1A as far as I remember. I wonder if they have put different colours in the GT’s?

People really blew the tint out of proportion IMHO.

In real life it should look like a small sun with just a hint of warmth to it when in turbo mode.

Now at low and moon modes it can look warmer but who uses a thrower in low modes?

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 6380
Location: the Hague, Netherlands

Hey guys,

I was among the first 555 but i have no email or tracking number or any hint of an arriving GT yet…|
Should i be worried?

Nev
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 07:50
Posts: 1013
Location: U.K.

That’s good to know, I don’t like warm or nichia tints ,to me they look dull & dim ,I’m not too keen on neutral either , but the GT may be different as it’s got some power behind it which would cancel the dim-dullness out lol.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9026
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Nev wrote:
That’s good to know, I don’t like warm or nichia tints ,to me they look dull & dim ,I’m not too keen on neutral either , but the GT may be different as it’s got some power behind it which would cancel the dim-dullness out lol.

Yeah, I don’t think anyone will accuse it of being dull or dim, particularly up close lol.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9026
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Jerommel wrote:
Hey guys,

I was among the first 555 but i have no email or tracking number or any hint of an arriving GT yet…|
Should i be worried?

No, there are still about 50 orders not shipped and the last batch that was shipped the tracking numbers were not sent out. Martin has a list that he has been sending to people but we are not sure how accurate it is. It was obviously done in a rush. You can find the link to it in the OP.

Joey Adams
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 02/12/2017 - 21:29
Posts: 376
Location: Jamestown, KY

I don’t know about blowing the tint out of proportions, but it is certainly the warmest tint I have. I’ve been trying hard to get accustomed to it, I seem to like it better sometimes than others. Maybe my Gt got an emitter on the lower edge of the spectrum. On the plus side I am glad that others are enjoying it. Either way I can always get RMM at mountain to do an emitter swap if I choose to eventually.

g_sintornillos
g_sintornillos's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/19/2014 - 08:13
Posts: 1146
Location: Tacuarembó, Uruguay UY

Texas_Ace wrote:
Yes, issues like this will need to be dealt with but nothing we can do until the end of the month when china comes back on line.

Be sure to remind us at that point.

What day do you think I should remind you of?

Sorry for my bad English (gogole transtorla)

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9026
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

g_sintornillos wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Yes, issues like this will need to be dealt with but nothing we can do until the end of the month when china comes back on line.

Be sure to remind us at that point.

What day do you think I should remind you of?

After Neal is back for sure, I figure it will be at least another week before we hear any kind of semi-consistent communication with china.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9026
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Joey Adams wrote:
I don’t know about blowing the tint out of proportions, but it is certainly the warmest tint I have. I’ve been trying hard to get accustomed to it, I seem to like it better sometimes than others. Maybe my Gt got an emitter on the lower edge of the spectrum. On the plus side I am glad that others are enjoying it. Either way I can always get RMM at mountain to do an emitter swap if I choose to eventually.

You just hit on the truth of the matter.

Tint is largely dependent on what you are used to. It is a VERY relative thing as your eyes and brain will grow accustomed to whatever tint you expose it to.

If you look at some CW lights and then turn ont he GT or shine them side by side, then yes, the GT will look warm.

Use it all by itself without anything else biasing your eyes and brain and it looks much more neutral.

I was playing with some tints the other day and it is funny how one minute 4500k can look warm and the next it can look cool all because of what you are comparing it to.

Light Years
Light Years's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 09/02/2017 - 10:47
Posts: 66
Location: QC, Canada

tkmckay wrote:
11.02.2018 03:37:50
1 day Item despatched to Transshipment hub
SHENZHEN cPacket Express

11.02.2018 03:42:14
1 day Received shipment
Shenzhen cPacket Express

11.02.2018 03:43:14
1 day Processed at origin hub
Shenzhen cPacket Express

13.02.2018 07:23:15
3 day On Vehicle to Transshipment Hub
Shenzhen cPacket Express

15.02.2018 02:45:10
5 day Electronic information submitted by shipper
RICHMOND cPacket Express

15.02.2018 19:50:00
5 day Uplifted from Transshipment Hub
HONG KONG

Not sure what that last one means (Uplifted from Transshipment Hub)… but I am happy to see that its on its way to me! Big Smile Thanks to everyone involved in any and ever way with this project, your hard work and dedication is greatly and truly appreciated!

Exact same tracking for me, only a few minutes apart. Don’t know what « uplifted » means, but it sounds good Smile

From what I understand, it looks like a carrier in Richmond BC will get the parcel and will send it through Canada Post. The tracking # works on the CP website but it’s stuck at « Electronic information submitted by shipper ».

Laternenmichi
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/19/2018 - 18:42
Posts: 4
Location: Hamburg, Germany

Excuse my stupid question guys.
Is it still possible to order a gt here?
If so, can you explain to me in easy-to-understand english how to do it?

Joey Adams
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 02/12/2017 - 21:29
Posts: 376
Location: Jamestown, KY

TA you have a point on that for sure. When I got my first q8 it was a lot different than my 5700-6500k lights. I have since the come to really love the 5000k color temp. This is why I am still using the stock 4000k emitter. I really want to leave it stock and I’m using it without other cooler lights around. We don’t get much snow here but we had a rare 5inches last month and the GT was beautiful in the white snow surroundings. It really lit an entire tree line up at a distance of .9 miles. My grandmother actually lives down a hill out of sight next to that tree line and I got her to go out on her front porch and look up at the trees. I turned the gt on turbo and she sucked in a breath and asked where I was. She thought I was close to her house and was amazed when she found out I was on my back deck nearly a mile away. Unbelievable light you guys developed for sure

Joey Adams
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 02/12/2017 - 21:29
Posts: 376
Location: Jamestown, KY

Sorry Laternenmichi but the group buy has ended here. Once they are available for sale member M4D M4X will be able to get you a discount most likely.
-Joey
Cheers

Laternenmichi
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/19/2018 - 18:42
Posts: 4
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Joey Adams wrote:
Sorry Laternenmichi but the group buy has ended here. Once they are available for sale member M4D M4X will be able to get you a discount most likely. -Joey Cheers

Oh! that makes me really sad. I followed the whole development of the lamp here in the forum. unfortunately i had an accident at the beginning of November and i was in the hospital for the last 4 months. I am back home now and now this message.
Bad luck!

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9026
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Laternenmichi wrote:
Joey Adams wrote:
Sorry Laternenmichi but the group buy has ended here. Once they are available for sale member M4D M4X will be able to get you a discount most likely. -Joey Cheers

Oh! that makes me really sad. I followed the whole development of the lamp here in the forum. unfortunately i had an accident at the beginning of November and i was in the hospital for the last 4 months. I am back home now and now this message.
Bad luck!

Keep an eye out in the for sale section, they go up for sale from time to time.

Laternenmichi
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 11 months ago
Joined: 02/19/2018 - 18:42
Posts: 4
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Texas_Ace wrote:
Laternenmichi wrote:
Joey Adams wrote:
Sorry Laternenmichi but the group buy has ended here. Once they are available for sale member M4D M4X will be able to get you a discount most likely. -Joey Cheers

Oh! that makes me really sad. I followed the whole development of the lamp here in the forum. unfortunately i had an accident at the beginning of November and i was in the hospital for the last 4 months. I am back home now and now this message.
Bad luck!

Keep an eye out in the for sale section, they go up for sale from time to time.

It would be nice to find a gt there.
thx

Yokiamy
Yokiamy's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 52 sec ago
Joined: 10/18/2016 - 15:47
Posts: 2834
Location: Netherlands
R.D. wrote:
Yokiamy wrote:
17Track says my packages arrived in The Netherlands! Woohoo!

Is that the ‘Consignment received at the PostNL Acceptance Centre’ status?

Exactly!

WTB: Jetbeam TCR-1 or Sunwayman V10R Ti

Pages

Topic locked