[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

19107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wieselflinkpro
Wieselflinkpro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 05/21/2015 - 04:34
Posts: 980
Location: Germany - TLF

Texas_Ace wrote:

Thanks for reminding me. Anyone else with outstanding issues that I asked to wait until after the CNY, now would be the time to start reminding me about them.

You can also try sending messages to Neal directly but please, only message him if you truly have an issue that needs to be addressed, he is overloaded as it is.

I will put together a list of issues that need to be resolved and we will try to get them sorted before the next batch of PM’s.


For my faulty Die posted in the support thread, now I will not send a mail to Neal and will wait for you to find a solution.
JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 11 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12860
Location: Houston Texas

Wieselflinkpro wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:

Thanks for reminding me. Anyone else with outstanding issues that I asked to wait until after the CNY, now would be the time to start reminding me about them.

You can also try sending messages to Neal directly but please, only message him if you truly have an issue that needs to be addressed, he is overloaded as it is.

I will put together a list of issues that need to be resolved and we will try to get them sorted before the next batch of PM’s.


For my faulty Die posted in the support thread, now I will not send a mail to Neal and will wait for you to find a solution.

Maybe Lumintop can send you a replacement mcpcb with new led.

Being in Germany, another option might be mailing your mcpcb to Lexel and he could swap a new LED in. Maybe one with a different color temperature. Then Lumintop can reimburse you the value of a new LED.

We will need to see what TA suggests.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Dydi92
Dydi92's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 05/09/2017 - 13:06
Posts: 16
Location: Wales, UK

Oh man, I finally caught up with the thread after being away for a few days and it hurts to see most people in the UK getting theirs after mine got sent back to LT three times already.

I still have not heard anything from mine yet and I really hope it wasn’t lost or delivered somewhere else as I live in remoteish place.

I’m just happy to see everyone enjoying theirs Smile

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9353
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
g_sintornillos wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Anyone else with outstanding issues that I asked to wait until after the CNY, now would be the time to start reminding me about them.

g_sintornillos wrote:

I also have a wrong DHL AWB
On January 16 Neal asked me for an extra payment for shipping fees, I did it the same day
I have not received my flashlight

I live in Uruguay and the number that Martin gave me is from a package that was delivered on January 11 in the USA

I let Martin know and told me that Neal will check after CNY

I doubt that my flashlight was sent

Sounds good, let me know if you have not heard anything in a week or 2 and I will make sure it does not get missed.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9353
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

Wieselflinkpro wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:

Thanks for reminding me. Anyone else with outstanding issues that I asked to wait until after the CNY, now would be the time to start reminding me about them.

You can also try sending messages to Neal directly but please, only message him if you truly have an issue that needs to be addressed, he is overloaded as it is.

I will put together a list of issues that need to be resolved and we will try to get them sorted before the next batch of PM’s.


For my faulty Die posted in the support thread, now I will not send a mail to Neal and will wait for you to find a solution.

Like above, let me know in a week or 2 if you have not heard back from Neal.

Have you or can you open the head of your light? If so then a new mcpcb with LED would be the simplest option assuming that you can solder the mcpcb in place.

If that is not an option then it is really up to Neal on how to handle it.

g_sintornillos
g_sintornillos's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/19/2014 - 08:13
Posts: 1146
Location: Tacuarembó, Uruguay UY
Texas_Ace wrote:
Sounds good, let me know if you have not heard anything in a week or 2 and I will make sure it does not get missed.

Please, remember that I need the real DHL AWB as soon as shipped
A package from China to Uruguay takes less than a week by DHL
The DHL AWB is absolutely necessary to make the correct customs declaration before the GT arrives to my country
Otherwise I will have many problems

Sorry for my bad English (gogole transtorla)

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9353
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
g_sintornillos wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Sounds good, let me know if you have not heard anything in a week or 2 and I will make sure it does not get missed.

Please, remember that I need the real DHL AWB as soon as shipped
A package from China to Uruguay takes less than a week by DHL
The DHL AWB is absolutely necessary to make the correct customs declaration before the GT arrives to my country
Otherwise I will have many problems

Be sure to let Neal know this in your message. I have let him know about this before myself as well.

nodoubt
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 10/23/2012 - 00:51
Posts: 412

more beamshots….we need more beamshots………..

justanotherguy
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 19 min ago
Joined: 11/26/2012 - 22:11
Posts: 1061
Location: NW
Click

Pics from atop a hill in Bloomingdale.. I know from google maps that the hill top to water tower is 1-1.05 miles…
So I called a Dad I know, he lives over there. I explained the light, the distance and what I was doing. I asked if he could run out and take a look.
He thought I was BS’ing him..
I heard him on the phone.. ‘Yea I see it, it’s dar..holy shit.. THAT is YOU? And you are WHERE???’
Yea Mike, I’m on the hill north of Lake street, about a mile north of your location…Over.
He was astounded, so he took those pics with his iphone…

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9353
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

justanotherguy wrote:
Click

Pics from atop a hill in Bloomingdale.. I know from google maps that the hill top to water tower is 1-1.05 miles…
So I called a Dad I know, he lives over there. I explained the light, the distance and what I was doing. I asked if he could run out and take a look.
He thought I was BS’ing him..
I heard him on the phone.. ‘Yea I see it, it’s dar..holy shit.. THAT is YOU? And you are WHERE???’
Yea Mike, I’m on the hill north of Lake street, about a mile north of your location…Over.
He was astounded, so he took those pics with his iphone…

I love this!

stanmore
stanmore's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 week ago
Joined: 01/05/2018 - 20:58
Posts: 16
Location: UK

justanotherguy wrote:
Click

Pics from atop a hill in Bloomingdale.. I know from google maps that the hill top to water tower is 1-1.05 miles…
So I called a Dad I know, he lives over there. I explained the light, the distance and what I was doing. I asked if he could run out and take a look.
He thought I was BS’ing him..

This is what I’ve been waiting for!

Not just photos of something in the distance, but close up photos of stuff illuminated by a GT miles away – brilliant!

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

stanmore wrote:
justanotherguy wrote:
Click

Pics from atop a hill in Bloomingdale.. I know from google maps that the hill top to water tower is 1-1.05 miles…
So I called a Dad I know, he lives over there. I explained the light, the distance and what I was doing. I asked if he could run out and take a look.
He thought I was BS’ing him..

This is what I’ve been waiting for!

Not just photos of something in the distance, but close up photos of stuff illuminated by a GT miles away – brilliant!

+1 !! Those are impressive shots justanotherguy…. THANK YOU! . Thumbs Up

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

gregor
gregor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 01/09/2015 - 16:35
Posts: 653
Location: Slovenia

Does LT already have reflectors on stock for this week production?
Or do they have to wait for reflectors and production will be in next week.

Kind regards

Jalben
Jalben's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 23 hours ago
Joined: 12/12/2011 - 20:58
Posts: 454
Location: Mount Pearl, Newfoundland, Canada

I ordered the GT with batteries via registered mail. I had not realised that both factors will slow it down. Sorry. I just was wondering if that particular combo of messed up is going out in this latest 8 week batch thatunderstand is currently in process, and if they’ll get any tracking numbers?

TODO List:

Acquire more parts.

Devise cheap way to make TIRs.

Rub some bacon on it.

Finish something that I 

theoldbill
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 07/24/2012 - 14:30
Posts: 72

Just to confuse matters regarding the boxes and shipment methods:

I am in Manchester in the UK. I ordered the light plus batteries and asked for registered mail. I was in the first 500 to reserve and pay etc.

I receieved my light (with batteries) last Tuesday, in one box, intact and undamaged.

It was delivered by Royal Mail Tracked 48. No signature required.

The label shows the return mail address as a PO Box in Southall. A quick Google would suggest that this is some kind of mail forwarding company, maybe specializing in Chinese companies (one search result was from the OnePlus forums, they are a Chinese smartphone company).

Anyway, all is great with the beast.

I’m on nights this coming weekend so will look for a good spot to test him out.

Haven’t a clue on how to post beam shots I’m afraid. I have a decent camera but no tripod.

Hope everyone else (UK and otherwise) gets their lights soon.

Thanks to all involved in this massive project.

ATB!

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9353
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Jalben wrote:
I ordered the GT with batteries via registered mail. I had not realised that both factors will slow it down. Sorry. I just was wondering if that particular combo of messed up is going out in this latest 8 week batch thatunderstand is currently in process, and if they’ll get any tracking numbers?

The next batch has not started yet, it won’t start until the existing orders are finished.

Also, everyone will not take 8 weeks, just some of them.

Like now, we have 50 people that still need orders shipped, there will always be those that are last to ship.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9353
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

gregor wrote:
Does LT already have reflectors on stock for this week production?
Or do they have to wait for reflectors and production will be in next week.

Kind regards

No, the reflector factory closed down to CNY as well so they have to get back up and running as well before lights can start shipping. I think they expect the next batch of reflectors the end of the this week or early next week. I would put my money on next week.

dthrckt
dthrckt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: 11/08/2011 - 10:11
Posts: 4603
Location: Upstate NY

Haven’t been asked by PM to pay yet. Soon?

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 15 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9353
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
dthrckt wrote:
Haven’t been asked by PM to pay yet. Soon?

Hopfully a few weeks, as soon as the existing orders are finished and some of the issues have been taken care of.

dthrckt
dthrckt's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 18 min ago
Joined: 11/08/2011 - 10:11
Posts: 4603
Location: Upstate NY
Texas_Ace wrote:
dthrckt wrote:
Haven’t been asked by PM to pay yet. Soon?

Hopfully a few weeks, as soon as the existing orders are finished and some of the issues have been taken care of.

outstanding

gregor
gregor's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 58 min ago
Joined: 01/09/2015 - 16:35
Posts: 653
Location: Slovenia

Texas_Ace wrote:
gregor wrote:
Does LT already have reflectors on stock for this week production?
Or do they have to wait for reflectors and production will be in next week.

Kind regards

No, the reflector factory closed down to CNY as well so they have to get back up and running as well before lights can start shipping. I think they expect the next batch of reflectors the end of the this week or early next week. I would put my money on next week.

Very good, this means there is a possibility that I get GT in March Big Smile
Thank you
Kind regards

RoloFresh
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 19 hours ago
Joined: 07/27/2017 - 02:06
Posts: 17

I (I think number 1477 on the list) would like to cancel my order due to personal issues and not really needing it.

Thank you

patmurris
patmurris's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 12 hours ago
Joined: 12/22/2014 - 15:54
Posts: 1714
Location: Nice, France

justanotherguy wrote:
Click
Pics from atop a hill in Bloomingdale.. I know from google maps that the hill top to water tower is 1-1.05 miles…

Great shots indeed! That does really show what it feels to have a GT pointed at you from a mile away!
RoloFresh wrote:
I (I think number 1477 on the list) would like to cancel my order due to personal issues and not really needing it. Thank you

You are in the next batch and haven’t received a PM with ordering instructions yet, so there is no need to cancel anything, just don’t order it. Being on the list is not a commitment to order.
However… maybe someone would want to use you slot in the GB… TA will tell.

Dutcheee
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 21 hours ago
Joined: 12/19/2015 - 21:40
Posts: 481
Location: Netherlands

My BLF GT finally came in this week!
Registered shipping, took a while and came in 2 boxes without the foam to protect it, but..

OMFG that thing is sick big.
I love it! It’s totally undamaged, looks amazing and performs like a beast! Very nice tint too. Very well built Thumbs Up
No taxes to pay on arrival either. I understand if registered shipping will be unavailable next time, but I’m very happy I got it for under €100 delivered. Amazing!

It really makes everyone smile, what a crazy big bright heavy piece of amazing work.
Thanks team, all your efforts and the waiting paid off. This is a very nice piece of gear you all made possible! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

And with it selling on ebay for 350$+ I can even convince my girlfriend its a good buy Big Smile
Mine I won’t be selling for sure!

Pics:
Lumintop’s tower:

My modded B158

BLF GT

Tejasandre
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 week ago
Joined: 01/02/2018 - 21:55
Posts: 85

Anyone find s good pocket clip for the gt?

Revarious
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 10/25/2017 - 14:52
Posts: 7
Location: United States

If allowed can I take his number in addition to my first order?

RoloFresh wrote:
I (I think number 1477 on the list) would like to cancel my order due to personal issues and not really needing it.

Thank you

Flying Luminosity
Flying Luminosity's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 09/12/2017 - 13:33
Posts: 628
Location: UK

Dutcheee wrote:
My BLF GT finally came in this week!
Registered shipping, took a while and came in 2 boxes without the foam to protect it, but..

OMFG that thing is sick big.
I love it! It’s totally undamaged, looks amazing and performs like a beast! Very nice tint too. Very well built Thumbs Up
No taxes to pay on arrival either. I understand if registered shipping will be unavailable next time, but I’m very happy I got it for under €100 delivered. Amazing!

It really makes everyone smile, what a crazy big bright heavy piece of amazing work.
Thanks team, all your efforts and the waiting paid off. This is a very nice piece of gear you all made possible! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

And with it selling on ebay for 350$+ I can even convince my girlfriend its a good buy Big Smile
Mine I won’t be selling for sure!

So nice to read all the positive comments, thanks – really makes me look forward to receiving mine! Smile

Tally-ho
Tally-ho's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 18 hours ago
Joined: 07/23/2011 - 04:15
Posts: 1394
Location: France

Dutcheee wrote:
And with it selling on ebay for 350$+ I can even convince my girlfriend its a good buy Big Smile

Don’t tell me that you gave her a good excuse to ask you to sell yours…to invite her for a week-end in Paris with the profit. Facepalm
Big Smile
djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 27 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 17961
Location: Amsterdam

Dutcheee wrote:
My BLF GT finally came in this week!
Registered shipping, took a while and came in 2 boxes without the foam to protect it, but..

OMFG that thing is sick big.
I love it! It’s totally undamaged, looks amazing and performs like a beast! Very nice tint too. Very well built Thumbs Up
No taxes to pay on arrival either. I understand if registered shipping will be unavailable next time, but I’m very happy I got it for under €100 delivered. Amazing!

It really makes everyone smile, what a crazy big bright heavy piece of amazing work.
Thanks team, all your efforts and the waiting paid off. This is a very nice piece of gear you all made possible! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

And with it selling on ebay for 350$+ I can even convince my girlfriend its a good buy Big Smile
Mine I won’t be selling for sure!

Pics:
Lumintop’s tower:

My modded B158

BLF GT
!{width:30%}https://i.imgur.com/3mI4S1T.jpg!


I tried to figure out where you live by the photos LOL, I think I have the city right but could not figure the exact location Party
ISO
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 22 hours ago
Joined: 11/02/2016 - 17:11
Posts: 173
Location: Sweden

I recieved one of my lights and are impressed by it. Thanks to the team.

But the packaging for registred shipping was awful. I was worried about the light.
But all in all it seams the light is working.

Thanks again

Pages

Topic locked