[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

19105 posts / 0 new
Last post
Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 4292
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Oh, it’s also possible to simply mark where you need the holes on the shelf, center punch, and drill+tap them on a drill press.
I don’t think vinh used screws though, it seems like just thermal adhesive from the pics.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12932
Location: Houston Texas

From the last batch of reflectors, only 50 got used.
The other 75 to 100 reflectors?

They are supposed to be stockpiled for the upcoming Group Buy.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 24 min ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 4274
Location: The Motor City
Enderman wrote:
Oh, it’s also possible to simply mark where you need the holes on the shelf, center punch, and drill+tap them on a drill press. I don’t think vinh used screws though, it seems like just thermal adhesive from the pics.


Yeah I read some of your build, you should/could have external adjustment with your recoil light seeing that the emitter is on the OUTSIDE of the reflector, didn’t you have to open up the holes in one or the other (the reflector) or both to make adjustments because your design, drawing, machining, or was it errors in the dimensional stack up of tolerances was off, to cause the need to tune your light better?? Or did the machinist just center punch and drill all the holes in all your parts he made for your lights? Big Smile

Once it’s glued you could be screwed, unless you have a way of keeping it in place while it’s curing…I tried glue once! Facepalm Now I glue it after it’s been set and cycled hot enough for the thermal paste to hold it and just glue the edges.

KB1428 “Live Life WOT

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 4292
Location: Vancouver, Canada

KawiBoy1428 wrote:

Yeah I read some of your build, you should/could have external adjustment with your recoil light seeing that the emitter is on the OUTSIDE of the reflector, didn’t you have to open up the holes in one or the other (the reflector) or both to make adjustments because your design, drawing, machining, or was it errors in the dimensional stack up of tolerances was off, to cause the need to tune your light better?? Or did the machinist just center punch and drill all the holes in all your parts he made for your lights? Big Smile

I centerpunched and drilled the holes myself.
The reflector can be adjusted, the LED cannot.
The parts were cut by waterjet, there was just some holes I had to do by hand and I punched one in the wrong place Big Smile
Silent_Star
Silent_Star's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Joined: 06/09/2016 - 14:52
Posts: 219
Location: Tel-Aviv

Hi T_A, did Neal answer you already?

 Genesis 1:3 "And God said, "Let there be light,"  and there was light."

g_sintornillos
g_sintornillos's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 04/19/2014 - 08:13
Posts: 1149
Location: Tacuarembó, Uruguay UY

JasonWW wrote:

The request for more money from g_sintornillos is indeed strange. We need to get more info before we assume the worst.

I can show all the information that I have

Sorry for my bad English (gogole transtorla)

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12932
Location: Houston Texas

g_sintornillos wrote:
JasonWW wrote:

The request for more money from g_sintornillos is indeed strange. We need to get more info before we assume the worst.

I can show all the information that I have

What I meant was – we need more info from Neal.

Has your light shipped or not?
Why did he send that email?
How much extra is the faster shipping option for you?
Did he already ask you for half of this extra amount?
If so, and you paid it, why is he now asking for more?
Does he think that you did not pay that extra shipping fee earlier?
Are his accounting records correct?

I don’t think there is anything you can do on your end. It is all up to Neal to answer these questions.

Your issue is one more thing on the spread sheet list he has to investigate.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

KawiBoy1428
KawiBoy1428's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 24 min ago
Joined: 04/11/2014 - 18:05
Posts: 4274
Location: The Motor City

Enderman wrote:
KawiBoy1428 wrote:

Yeah I read some of your build, you should/could have external adjustment with your recoil light seeing that the emitter is on the OUTSIDE of the reflector, didn’t you have to open up the holes in one or the other (the reflector) or both to make adjustments because your design, drawing, machining, or was it errors in the dimensional stack up of tolerances was off, to cause the need to tune your light better?? Or did the machinist just center punch and drill all the holes in all your parts he made for your lights? Big Smile

I centerpunched and drilled the holes myself.
The reflector can be adjusted, the LED cannot.
The parts were cut by waterjet, there was just some holes I had to do by hand and I punched one in the wrong place Big Smile

Oh no, the old measure twice (before you center punch and drill) rule jumped up and bit you in the ass? Facepalm

Are you still in Therapy or are you over this major error in common sense (you of all people) and are moving on with your life now I hope? Big Smile

Haahaa just messing with ya Enderman, Damn Fine job you did on both your lights! Beer

KB1428 “Live Life WOT

g_sintornillos
g_sintornillos's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 04/19/2014 - 08:13
Posts: 1149
Location: Tacuarembó, Uruguay UY

JasonWW wrote:
g_sintornillos wrote:
JasonWW wrote:

The request for more money from g_sintornillos is indeed strange. We need to get more info before we assume the worst.

I can show all the information that I have

What I meant was – we need more info from Neal.

Has your light shipped or not?
Why did he send that email?
How much extra is the faster shipping option for you?
Did he already ask you for half of this extra amount?
If so, and you paid it, why is he now asking for more?
Does he think that you did not pay that extra shipping fee earlier?
Are his accounting records correct?

I don’t think there is anything you can do on your end. It is all up to Neal to answer these questions.

Your issue is one more thing on the spread sheet list he has to investigate.

It was always said that:
The shipment was included in the price
It would be sent by DHL Express in a single package or by registered mail in two packages

It is convenient that I clarify that:
I ordered it by DHL Express
I want it for DHL Express
Neal asked for half of the shipping fees and I paid it
Neal may be suggesting indirectly that I pay more but have not yet asked for it directly

Sorry for my bad English (gogole transtorla)

Bozlight29
Bozlight29's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 9 months ago
Joined: 12/29/2016 - 16:40
Posts: 233
Location: Amsterdam

Lumintop sells the GT for €330 incl shipping on AliExpress and €396 with batteries. Led color is cold white

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 34 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2216

Special method of centering and focusing take Vinh two days for each GTvn. That’s what i read from his thread.

cool i'll see you when you get there

DENGOH
DENGOH's picture
Offline
Last seen: 34 min 49 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2012 - 05:26
Posts: 2216

JasonWW wrote:
DENGOH wrote:
On Alixpress? Is it clone of GT? They can clone pretty fast.

This is at Lumintop Official Store, so I doubt it’s a clone. Besides, clones are usually cheaper in price not more expensive.

Are the links working for you?


Sorry i didn’t click on it, i didn’t know there is official Lumintop store there.

To all those who already receive their GT, stay calm please. You should stay calmer than us who haven’t received any tracking number yet. Stay cool everyone, it’s just flashlight. You can always request refund if you already don’t trust Neal or Lumintop.

cool i'll see you when you get there

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12932
Location: Houston Texas

Bozlight29 wrote:

Lumintop sells the GT for €330 incl shipping on AliExpress and €396 with batteries. Led color is cold white


This was talked about here yesterday.

BTW, I don’t think it is cool white. That might be an error under the option list.

The description lists it as neutral white.

Quote:
Emitter: 12V Cree XHP35 High Intensity, neutral white, mounted on copper DTP MCPCB

Plus they are using Texas_Ace’s emitter chart for the 4000k stock led. So I don’t think they changed emitters.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Nev
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 1 week ago
Joined: 04/06/2017 - 07:50
Posts: 1013
Location: U.K.

alex1234 wrote:
Finally got my Gtvn with CFT-90. I measured 1.535m cd. This thing is insane




!https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4771/40830177222_6cfc6b8649_b.jpg!


I don’t like the green rings.
Aslan
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 5 months ago
Joined: 09/17/2014 - 12:10
Posts: 82
Location: Kazakhstan

All the last 50 orders have been sent, does anyone have this information? I still have not received a track number, no response from Neal, no reports of additional payment for shipping, nothing at all, only one incorrect dhl track number sent to the US …

Enderman
Enderman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 5 hours ago
Joined: 11/03/2016 - 22:42
Posts: 4292
Location: Vancouver, Canada

KawiBoy1428 wrote:

Oh no, the old measure twice (before you center punch and drill) rule jumped up and bit you in the ass? Facepalm

Are you still in Therapy or are you over this major error in common sense (you of all people) and are moving on with your life now I hope? Big Smile

Haahaa just messing with ya Enderman, Damn Fine job you did on both your lights! Beer


lol I actually did measure twice and see that the line i scribed was in the wrong place, then scribed a new line, then forgot I had made a new one and punched on the old one :C
hahaha
Noopjl
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 12 months ago
Joined: 11/22/2017 - 07:08
Posts: 42
Location: Singapore

Paid for 2 BLF GT , only one came with batteries.

Been Chasing Neal for the past 2 months for the 2nd Set . He promise to ship it week after week.
No tracking code was ever provided.
And now he doesn’t even replies.

Joey Adams
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 02/12/2017 - 21:29
Posts: 376
Location: Jamestown, KY

Enderman wrote:
KawiBoy1428 wrote:

Oh no, the old measure twice (before you center punch and drill) rule jumped up and bit you in the ass? Facepalm

Are you still in Therapy or are you over this major error in common sense (you of all people) and are moving on with your life now I hope? Big Smile

Haahaa just messing with ya Enderman, Damn Fine job you did on both your lights! Beer


lol I actually did measure twice and see that the line i scribed was in the wrong place, then scribed a new line, then forgot I had made a new one and punched on the old one :C
hahaha

Now that is something I can relate to. I am really good at measuring and marking things, realizing I marked the wrong thing, remeasure and remark and then cut or drill exactly the wrong one. It makes me feel better that someone with your expertise Enderman can screw something up as well. I am way too ham handed to do any modifications to the GT. I haven’t even attempted to remove the mcpcb for RMM to do an emitter swap yet. Slowly building up confidence to do it, and at the same time trying to get used to the 4000k stock emitter. If it was 5000k like the q8 i would stay factory, the 4000k is a little too warm for me.

kntx
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 04/02/2016 - 07:10
Posts: 221
Location: TERRA

Noopjl wrote:
Paid for 2 BLF GT , only one came with batteries.

Been Chasing Neal for the past 2 months for the 2nd Set . He promise to ship it week after week.
No tracking code was ever provided.
And now he doesn’t even replies.

I wonder how many lights have been paid long time ago and haven’t been shipped yet,is there any way to make a list of them? Seems like some people are talking about all the 850 lights shipped and ONLY “some issues that need to be taken care in the next weeks “ – are these issues important enough to be taken care before expecting other people to pay in the next round?

Still curious to know the number of the “issues”

10fold
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/02/2017 - 01:51
Posts: 19

Has there been a post that indicates where the shipping queue is at? Who is up next to receive/ pay/ have shipped. What numbers are up next?

10fold
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/02/2017 - 01:51
Posts: 19

Has there been a post that indicates where the shipping queue is at? Who is up next to receive/ pay/ have shipped. What numbers are up next?

MichielSanders
MichielSanders's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/28/2017 - 02:33
Posts: 161
Location: Eindhoven, the Netherlands. GMT+1

1149 is the highest number from the second round.

Olight: M3XS-UT, S Mini CU, R50 Pro LE, M2R, I3T Cu, S30R III, Marauder X6, X7R, X9R - BLF: Q8, A6, GT, GT mini - Emisar: D1s, D4Ti - Reylight: Tripple Dawn, Ti Lan 

Nitecore: TM26GT, SRT9, EC11, T5s, P05Pink, LA10, HC33, HC70 - Fenix: TK75Vn FiatLux, TK76, CL05, CL09 -  Lumintop: Tool Ti, IYP365Ti - Astrolux: MF01 Lexel driver

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9447
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Pulsar wrote:
TA, I admire your patience. At this point, if it was my project, I would tell Lumintop to *%$% off and bring the light to another manufacturer.

Trust me I have considered it but they have the light and honestly it would work in their benefit to ditch the last of the GB sales and go direct to public sales.

So I have to walk a line or they will do just that.

This GB has been just as much of a hassle and nightmare for them as for us.

Although really the issues mostly lie with Neal I am sad to say. He needs to get in contact and stay in contact right away.

Heck we can’t even get the Teams donation funds since they are apparently locked up in Neals account.

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9447
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Silent_Star wrote:
Hi T_A, did Neal answer you already?

No, it is still the weekend. I don’t expect a reply until overnight tonight at the earliest.

I will be sending out new emails to both Neal and lumintop in the morning, I should hear back from lumintop fairly quick but they are limited in what they could do in the past since Neal was handling the money and other such things.

It is possible Neals account being frozen is part of why they started selling outside the GB, it only started in mass after his account was frozen from what I understand

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9447
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas

alex1234 wrote:
Finally got my Gtvn with CFT-90. I measured 1.535m cd. This thing is insane




!https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4771/40830177222_6cfc6b8649_b.jpg!

Very nice! Who did the mod? What driver are you using?

AlexGT
AlexGT's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 6 hours ago
Joined: 06/07/2012 - 17:39
Posts: 4644
Location: Texas

V54 GT, TA

Franz
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 04/03/2013 - 04:09
Posts: 648
Location: Brasil
Texas_Ace wrote:
Silent_Star wrote:
Hi T_A, did Neal answer you already?

No, it is still the weekend. I don’t expect a reply until overnight tonight at the earliest.

I will be sending out new emails to both Neal and lumintop in the morning, I should hear back from lumintop fairly quick but they are limited in what they could do in the past since Neal was handling the money and other such things.

It is possible Neals account being frozen is part of why they started selling outside the GB, it only started in mass after his account was frozen from what I understand

Texas, do you not have the direct with the person in charge on lumintop?

The issue with reflectors was lumintop that told directly for you or neal told?

Silent_Star
Silent_Star's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 23 hours ago
Joined: 06/09/2016 - 14:52
Posts: 219
Location: Tel-Aviv
Texas_Ace wrote:
Silent_Star wrote:
Hi T_A, did Neal answer you already?

No, it is still the weekend. I don’t expect a reply until overnight tonight at the earliest.

I will be sending out new emails to both Neal and lumintop in the morning, I should hear back from lumintop fairly quick but they are limited in what they could do in the past since Neal was handling the money and other such things.

It is possible Neals account being frozen is part of why they started selling outside the GB, it only started in mass after his account was frozen from what I understand

This story is becoming more and more confusing.
I do not have a clear understanding of the situation.
1. How does the blocking of the Neal’s PayPal account affect the delivery of our flashlights?
2. Has money been previously transferred to the manufacturer?
3. Have we reached an agreement with the manufacturer that previously paid lanterns are sent under the same conditions? I mean – no extra charge.
4. If Neal is very busy, can the manufacturer provide lists of the last 50 parcels?
5. Is it possible to communicate with Neal through Whatsapp? Someone from the team of GT.
6. How can we help solve the situation, the last of 50? What we can do?

 Genesis 1:3 "And God said, "Let there be light,"  and there was light."

Texas_Ace
Texas_Ace's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 03/24/2016 - 07:44
Posts: 9447
Location: Everything is brighter in Texas
Franz wrote:
Texas_Ace wrote:
Silent_Star wrote:
Hi T_A, did Neal answer you already?

No, it is still the weekend. I don’t expect a reply until overnight tonight at the earliest.

I will be sending out new emails to both Neal and lumintop in the morning, I should hear back from lumintop fairly quick but they are limited in what they could do in the past since Neal was handling the money and other such things.

It is possible Neals account being frozen is part of why they started selling outside the GB, it only started in mass after his account was frozen from what I understand

Texas, do you not have the direct with the person in charge on lumintop?

The issue with reflectors was lumintop that told directly for you or neal told?

The reflectors delays are real, I have heard this from both Neal and lumintop. Trust me, they gained nothing by delaying the shipment of lights, they wanted to have them all shipped last year and be open to public sales months ago. Why people would suggest otherwise is beyond me.

Pöbel
Pöbel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 days 19 hours ago
Joined: 02/14/2013 - 08:27
Posts: 326
Location: Germany

Dealing with Chinese requires you to know their business habits and what’s done different over there. Also speaking Chinese is a must if details should not be lost in translation.

That person is Neal. Without him there would be no Group buy with Lumintop

He also received the money and probably is paying Lumintop per batch/shipment. He is also supplying the shipping addresses per batch and keeps track of what has been shipped.

At least that is how I understand it.

Pages

Topic locked