HaikeLite MT03 & MT07 Group-buy Closed

770 posts / 0 new
Last post
adirondackdestroyer
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 4 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2016 - 08:05
Posts: 287
Location: US
chops728 wrote:
adirondackdestroyer wrote:
I received my MT03 CW today, and everything works as it should, but the output isn’t quite what I was expecting. I tested it on my homemade lightbox, and it tested around 1,500 lumens brighter than my Convoy L6, putting it at right around 5,000 lumens. I thought this light was tested by two independant testers and both tested it at right around 10,000 lumens. I’m using the batteries that Haikelite was selling along with their light, do you think that could be the issue?

I’ve tried mine with several different cells—same output always— even with some Sanyo laptop pulls— NW= 5500 lumens

I’m getting right around the same. I don’t understand why we’re getting so much less than the two guys who reviewed them only a little over a month ago, as both of those models tested out at nearly 10,000 lumens? I was so excited for this light, but I’m pretty let down after testing it last night.

-Rick-
Offline
Last seen: 12 months 4 days ago
Joined: 03/02/2016 - 14:03
Posts: 263
Location: NL

Mean while in shipping purgatory … Sad

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3764
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

mhanlen wrote:
unknown00101 wrote:
mhanlen wrote:
JHBUDGETLIGHT wrote:
unknown00101 wrote:
I got my MT07 NW & MT03 NW about an hour ago.

Loaded up a set of GA cells rested to 4.14v.

MT07 NW 3480lm
MT03 NW 6770lm

My MT03 looks to be a 2S2P.
My MT07 looks like it’s 4S.

Disappointed to hear another MT07 NW at ~3500 lumen like mhalen’s (his was 2s2p if I recall correctly). I know NW is lower lumens but I wouldn’t expect almost 1,000+ lumens less. None of my other NW lights have this much of a difference. Did Haikelite ever officially release lumen ratings for the NW?

Yeah mine was 2S2P. They told me they would send me a 4s driver. They said that the battery tube is the same, just the driver is different. I don’t want to sound like I’m glad that unknown got 3500, but it at least confirms that I’m not the only one with a NW that got that. I’d be curious what others are getting too.


My MT07 tube is set up with springs diagonal instead of the 2S2P tube setup with springs side by side. Traces look different too.

I didn’t think they could add a 4s driver without a change in battery tube. Unless the driver has wide operating voltage range. But then why would a 4s make sense without a change in the battery tube. I dunno. My battery tube is definitely side by side and not diagonal.

Easy change the tale cap PCB and the driver so all springs are on one side that should work.

everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3764
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

I have a sneaking suspicion this also happen to me! I found out not all batteries where making contact. The MT03 will run on only two cells but at a lower max output. So make sure the batteries are making proper contact. Check the voltage with the battery tube pulled it at the driver side. Mine was the 2S2P with all 4 cells you will see a slight increase in voltage like .5 volts that will indicate that all cells are making contact.

keithd
keithd's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 days ago
Joined: 04/12/2014 - 00:35
Posts: 803

Rick wrote:
Mean while in shipping purgatory … Sad


At least your shipping number works. Mine’s invalid at USPS and 17track.

I’ll give it a couple weeks, then I am going to seriously consider a PayPal dispute.

Right now, I’d‘ve gladly paid the difference for an Olight X7. Known working quantity. And to think I paid for this vs a L6. :/

Speed4goal
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 06/11/2016 - 13:03
Posts: 1204
Location: Bay, St. Louis Mississippi

If they shipped it dhl it won’t work on USPS. Two different companies. Sometimes track 17 can find it.

Kinda surprised they have been missing in action here. I get its a new start up and they were rushed that was there decision though. Anyone would rather wait a week or two for properly assembled lights. I don’t understand how some people are OK with paying 100-120+ for a light and it not be as advertised with problems. And just being fine with it. I don’t know what kind of solution could be drafted

2/9 Fox Co (2009-2015) Semper Fi 0311/0331 Rifleman/Machine Gunner
Blf has changed a lot since I've been here. Lots of snow flakes and easily offended over nothing. When the forum use to be great and people joked around and could take a joke. It's a forum it's not that serious. Let's make BLF great again!

aceall
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 11/25/2016 - 11:57
Posts: 23

Don’t worry you will be satisfied with the flashlight once you get it.

My experience (MT03):
- Never received tracking info, still got it via DHL
- Paid for 4s, received the other one
- Paid $5 for custom name printed, no name printed
- Screw on the tail cap is very good, small imperfection
- Screw on the body/head is bad – damaged (like on example pictures someone posted earlier) and not smoooth when turning

My question is what did I lose by not receiving 4s version?

I like the flashlight.

myst999
Offline
Last seen: 5 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 05/04/2011 - 16:25
Posts: 154
Location: New York

Finally received the MT03, however I paid for 8 batteries and only received 4. PM’d Haikelite, still waiting for a reply.

keithd
keithd's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 days ago
Joined: 04/12/2014 - 00:35
Posts: 803

Well, I got mine.
Threads are okay, smooth but missing some anodizing and some edges are extremely sharp, but not the ones you’re most likely to touch. Anodizing is matte black, I really like that. I can only get three fingers on the light unless I put my index finger on the fins.

Modes 2 and three are too close together. You can’t go from moonlight or turbo (from off) to other modes, you have to turn it off then short-click to mode 1. I really want to replace the driver with one that has a better UI like Bistro or something.

It’s fairly bright, but I only had a 4-set of Samsung 30B cells. The light runs fine on 4.35v cells too. I think I received the 4S version as ordered.

It seems to be worth what I paid for it for the group buy. If I had to pay full MSRP, I’d be looking at an Olight X7.

T18
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 1163

myst999 wrote:
Finally received the MT03, however I paid for 8 batteries and only received 4. PM’d Haikelite, still waiting for a reply.

The reason everyone only received 4 batteries has to do with DHL shipping rule section II of P1967 and Lith Ion batteries which limits the number to 4 only per package. Google,
I ordered both lights, stupidly, and 8 batteries and also only received 4, both of my lights are a mess and don’t even come close to any of the reviews, in operations, content in package, or overall appearance, they look like factory rejects that would never sell at BG or GB, customers would be screaming.
Got a light and a string in a box, the 07 did have 2 O rings in a bag, but that’s it, and razor sharp bezels, really scrapped up ano on both of the tail cap threads, mode spacing screwed up, light output is whatever it decided it wants to be on it’s own, the 07 switch light is red, the 03 switch light was blue then quit working, I am just about but not quit as irritated as I was for buying two of those Cometa lights, this is quit similar in my mind anyhow,
Alva says they have a new light with a battery tube that’s 2-3mm longer which is a good start I suppose, that is something that was needed and he agreed with my comment about QA that whoever is assembling these lights needs to improve the QA,
I am aware that companies don’t generally send just any old off the shelf light to any of our people to review but still to send me what they did is pretty bad. Two strings for lanyards or a nice pair of shoe laces.
At least Alva is replying via Haike’s PM if anyone needs to get in touch with them as they never replied to their company email or even following this thread anymore as far as I can tell anyhow.
I sure hope others are having better luck than me and I can say for a fact that this will be my last company run GB that I get into, I seem to be seeing a lot of these Chinese companies running their own Group Buys here.
hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4191
T18 wrote:
myst999 wrote:
Finally received the MT03, however I paid for 8 batteries and only received 4. PM’d Haikelite, still waiting for a reply.
The reason everyone only received 4 batteries has to do with DHL shipping rule section II of P1967 and Lith Ion batteries which limits the number to 4 only per package. Google, I ordered both lights, stupidly, and 8 batteries and also only received 4, both of my lights are a mess and don’t even come close to any of the reviews, in operations, content in package, or overall appearance, they look like factory rejects that would never sell at BG or GB, customers would be screaming. Got a light and a string in a box, the 07 did have 2 O rings in a bag, but that’s it, and razor sharp bezels, really scrapped up ano on both of the tail cap threads, mode spacing screwed up, light output is whatever it decided it wants to be on it’s own, the 07 switch light is red, the 03 switch light was blue then quit working, I am just about but not quit as irritated as I was for buying two of those Cometa lights, this is quit similar in my mind anyhow, Alva says they have a new light with a battery tube that’s 2-3mm longer which is a good start I suppose, that is something that was needed and he agreed with my comment about QA that whoever is assembling these lights needs to improve the QA, I am aware that companies don’t generally send just any old off the shelf light to any of our people to review but still to send me what they did is pretty bad. Two strings for lanyards or a nice pair of shoe laces. At least Alva is replying via Haike’s PM if anyone needs to get in touch with them as they never replied to their company email or even following this thread anymore as far as I can tell anyhow. I sure hope others are having better luck than me and I can say for a fact that this will be my last company run GB that I get into, I seem to be seeing a lot of these Chinese companies running their own Group Buys here.

Well, some people spent more on these lights apparently… And they are reinventing cussing I guess…

https://www.msitc-shop.com/taschenlampen/haikelite

T18
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 1163

hIKARInoob, that comment about reinventing cussing, well that would be, to use a well known old phrase …. “A FN Fact”..! Angry

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4191
T18 wrote:
hIKARInoob, that comment about reinventing cussing, well that would be, to use a well known old phrase …. “A FN Fact”..! Angry

Perhaps we should start our own phrase whenever the light we received is so bad that the lanyard is the best part… And the phrase goes like:

“I got myself a shoelace.”

T18
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 1163
hIKARInoob wrote:
T18 wrote:
hIKARInoob, that comment about reinventing cussing, well that would be, to use a well known old phrase …. “A FN Fact”..! Angry

Perhaps we should start our own phrase whenever the light we received is so bad that the lanyard is the best part… And the phrase goes like:

“I got myself a shoelace.”


Ha Ha, and it’s just long enough to hang myself with.. actually if I tied both of them together, well not such a great idea I guess my neck hurts enough already ..
I did really look at the shoe laces I have currently and did truly think about using these pieces of para cord, ha ha ha, heck I have no idea how they tied those lanyards up to look so nice in the review pictures and I’m not going to waste my time trying to figure it out,
I’m not even sure how to even explain all of these issues to PP when that time comes, but Alva said some things and I’m waiting to see if he comes through but the clock is about out,
Honestly I am giving Alva just about enough shoe lace to hang himself… ha ha ha.. Sick
hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4191

In all honesty I still like Haikelite a lot. They really listened to us. I really hope they can fix this mess and regain our confidence, but it’s not going to be easy…

T18
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 1163

hIKARInoob wrote:
In all honesty I still like Haikelite a lot. They really listened to us. I really hope they can fix this mess and regain our confidence, but it’s not going to be easy…

Yes I agree wholeheartedly with you in all seriousness, and it’s very hard to be genuinely angry at Alva but sometimes people are very good at putting on that face when there’s a motive to do so and I really have a difficult time in knowing when is enough or if someone is just putting on a show for financial gain and or when it’s time to see things for what they really are, if that makes any sense.
I am hoping that everything is what it seems, sincere and apologetic and agreeable, so only time will tell in my circumstances.
I know I’ve sent him two PM’s from hell, long long long and detailed, whether or not he really read them is debatable but his conclusion about the QA problems was enough for the moment and I’ve offered to not just throw in the towel and said I’d buy again but I am also expecting the REAL lights, not these factory seconds or whatever they are, PLUS an assembled lanyard in each box with spare O rings and the FN instruction manuals, not that I really read them but they came with all the reviewers lights and I am only asking for my lights to look every bit of what the review lights looked like with lube also not the dry scratched up garbage I got for $200, call me a fool and I would probably agree but somewhere in my heart I am believing in HaikeLite and want to see them succeed for the reasons you mentioned, but I really can’t help but think that yes they did listen to everything suggestion given from us here but I really do remember thinking during the early conversations that it was like Alva was just about to agreeable and I still sort of feel that way now with defective products, whatever I mention or suggest it’s like, OK, absolutely, so we’ll see I’m sure of that and that’s about all I’m sure off besides currently having straight up junk lights, some nice anodizing over most of the light, put things like a big scratch in the 03 reflector and so many other things made for some LONG PM messages for sure.
hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4191

Well, it’s not like we’re living in an era where we send money in an envelope to China to receive goods. It’s PayPal era. It’s a “pal” for several reasons… So I can only imagine Haikelite has good intentions, as any bad intentions will be punished directly…

Nicolicous
Nicolicous's picture
Offline
Last seen: 12 months 4 days ago
Joined: 04/16/2016 - 08:28
Posts: 1604
Location: Australia

u guys talk too much Silly

I just want my 10k lumen light ahhaha

still waiting grrrrr

Nico -.-

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4191

Nicolicous wrote:
u guys talk too much Silly

I just want my 10k lumen light ahhaha

still waiting grrrrr

10k lumen? Better settle for 10k lux.

T18
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 1163

I can’t believe your still waiting Nicolicous and I’m assuming your waiting for the MT03?
That waiting to me is actually worse than having them and seeing or hearing here about all the problems than not having them and hearing of others problems. No win..
Maybe you’ll get a nicely tied up lanyard and not a shoe lace?

techieman33
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 06/17/2016 - 20:52
Posts: 109
Location: Kansas

Nicolicous wrote:
u guys talk too much Silly

I just want my 10k lumen light ahhaha

still waiting grrrrr

I’m still waiting on mine as well. Tracking shows it as departed for Chicago Dec 8th and it hasn’t changed since.

ttrevs1
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 day ago
Joined: 08/01/2012 - 04:25
Posts: 99
Location: Australia

Nicolicous wrote:
u guys talk too much Silly

I just want my 10k lumen light ahhaha

still waiting grrrrr

Still waiting for mine as well, very frustrating

T18
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/14/2016 - 15:29
Posts: 1163

techieman33 do you realize that it is only 413 miles to Kansas City from Chicago? I Googled that for you.. HOLY CRAP it has to be lost for real.. You should contact DHL if that’s how it’s traveling.
I would be in flames by now..
And Australia to China is (as the crow flies”), is about 5,545 miles or 11 hrs fly time, or if by row boat well that could take awhile, but Chicago to Kansas should be the same day, 7 hrs drive time, that is insane.

adirondackdestroyer
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 4 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2016 - 08:05
Posts: 287
Location: US

hIKARInoob wrote:
Nicolicous wrote:
u guys talk too much Silly

I just want my 10k lumen light ahhaha

still waiting grrrrr

10k lumen? Better settle for 10k lux.

If you’re expecting a 10k lumen light, you’ll be waiting forever, as the MT03 is around half that at best! I’m happy with the build quality and everything else about this light (I can even deal with the two middle modes being virtually identical), but I’m not thrilled with the overall output being half of what was originally claimed.

adirondackdestroyer
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 4 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2016 - 08:05
Posts: 287
Location: US

hIKARInoob wrote:
Nicolicous wrote:
u guys talk too much Silly

I just want my 10k lumen light ahhaha

still waiting grrrrr

10k lumen? Better settle for 10k lux.

If you’re expecting a 10k lumen light, you’ll be waiting forever, as the MT03 is around half that at best! I’m happy with the build quality and everything else about this light (I can even deal with the two middle modes being virtually identical), but I’m not thrilled with the overall output being half of what was originally claimed.

Arufonsi
Arufonsi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 07/31/2016 - 01:16
Posts: 55
Location: Singapore

adirondackdestroyer wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
Nicolicous wrote:
u guys talk too much Silly

I just want my 10k lumen light ahhaha

still waiting grrrrr

10k lumen? Better settle for 10k lux.

If you’re expecting a 10k lumen light, you’ll be waiting forever, as the MT03 is around half that at best! I’m happy with the build quality and everything else about this light (I can even deal with the two middle modes being virtually identical), but I’m not thrilled with the overall output being half of what was originally claimed.

Does that mean we got cheated? almost all of the feedback from those who received the light seems to have problem, feels like they are shipping factory rejected goods to GB buyers. Mine finally reached but i miss the delivery men, gonna collect the light tomorrow.

Edited: Does all 4 of the batteries make full contact? if i recall correctly one of the bro here mentioned that the batteries didn’t make full contact, hence getting the 5k lumens. Seems like the 5k lumen we are getting on turbo is after the step down from the original 8k lumens after turning it on for awhile. Is it related?

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4191
Arufonsi wrote:
Does that mean we got cheated? almost all of the feedback from those who received the light seems to have problem, feels like they are shipping factory rejected goods to GB buyers.

Has this ever happened with a groupbuy; any reported case known?

techieman33
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 06/17/2016 - 20:52
Posts: 109
Location: Kansas
T18 wrote:
techieman33 do you realize that it is only 413 miles to Kansas City from Chicago? I Googled that for you.. HOLY CRAP it has to be lost for real.. You should contact DHL if that’s how it’s traveling. I would be in flames by now.. And Australia to China is (as the crow flies”), is about 5,545 miles or 11 hrs fly time, or if by row boat well that could take awhile, but Chicago to Kansas should be the same day, 7 hrs drive time, that is insane.

It departed FOR Chicago, it hasn’t been scanned anywhere since it left China. I took the free shipping option so it got sent via China post to the US and then it gets transferred to the USPS after it gets through customs. I figured an extra week or two of waiting wouldn’t be a big deal, and I’ve had problems with DHL in the past. Mostly that it’s a pain the ass to actually get the package since it has to be signed for.

Arufonsi
Arufonsi's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 2 days ago
Joined: 07/31/2016 - 01:16
Posts: 55
Location: Singapore
hIKARInoob wrote:
Arufonsi wrote:
Does that mean we got cheated? almost all of the feedback from those who received the light seems to have problem, feels like they are shipping factory rejected goods to GB buyers.

Has this ever happened with a groupbuy; any reported case known?

you mean other than the reduced output which defer from the reviews for MT03? i’m not so sure till i receive mine, than again i do not have a proper tool to test so i can only compare with my L6 and guestimate Silly

will34
will34's picture
Offline
Last seen: 11 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2012 - 00:12
Posts: 4113

I didn’t order a haikelite because I decided for the L6 instead, but have been following this thread very closely… I’m shocked that haikelite hasn’t posted anything in more than two weeks, despite the fact that they have been constantly online almost on a daily basis.

I wonder if they have been addressing your issues via private messages?

Pages