80W Billboard light

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
AnnaRipley
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 5 hours ago
Joined: 12/18/2016 - 21:16
Posts: 6
Location: US
80W Billboard light

Hi, this is Anna. Our company would like to install the 80W Billboard light, any recommendations?

Xandre
Xandre's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 18 min ago
Joined: 03/06/2011 - 07:02
Posts: 470
Location: South Germany

Nice Optic

Regards Xandre

MILSPEC
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/12/2016 - 06:02
Posts: 555

How big is the sign and are you planning on building or buying the light(s)?
a regular 5M led light strip is, as an example, 2A at 12V and I have seen them used as cheap billboard illuminations, although they are not the brightest.

Tell us more about the requirements, maybe?

thanks.

AnnaRipley
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 5 hours ago
Joined: 12/18/2016 - 21:16
Posts: 6
Location: US

MILSPEC wrote:
How big is the sign and are you planning on building or buying the light(s)?
a regular 5M led light strip is, as an example, 2A at 12V and I have seen them used as cheap billboard illuminations, although they are not the brightest.

Tell us more about the requirements, maybe?

thanks.

The area is about 200*100ft, with some protruding, irregular items affixed on it. We have poles around an edge. What is 5M strip? Thanks a lot.

98dinan3
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 9 months ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 19:35
Posts: 87
Location: Hamilton, Ontario

sounds like you should be consulting a lighting contractor for something that large.

LightRider
LightRider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 08/05/2015 - 09:52
Posts: 2007
Location: U.P. MI, USA

That should be pretty bright with a 5M strip! Big Smile

AnnaRipley
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 5 hours ago
Joined: 12/18/2016 - 21:16
Posts: 6
Location: US

98dinan3 wrote:
sounds like you should be consulting a lighting contractor for something that large.

Do you have any suggestions? Thanks
Lexel
Lexel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 11/01/2016 - 08:00
Posts: 5895
Location: Germany

Something like a high power flood light

Construction site lighning should have powerful LED lights

AnnaRipley
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 5 hours ago
Joined: 12/18/2016 - 21:16
Posts: 6
Location: US

Lexel wrote:
Something like a high power flood light

Construction site lighning should have powerful LED lights


I am also thinking of 1000-2000W LED flood light.
What is the price?
MILSPEC
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 10/12/2016 - 06:02
Posts: 555

well, with a sign of that size please omit my idea of a LED strip. In fact, this sign is so big it is barely a DIY solution. To follow building/construction codes and to ensure overall safety the aforementioned hint to a commercial contractor is the correct one.

Check yellow pages, yelp, ads, .. to find the right one in you area.

LightRider
LightRider's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 08/05/2015 - 09:52
Posts: 2007
Location: U.P. MI, USA

AnnaRipley wrote:
MILSPEC wrote:
well, with a sign of that size please omit my idea of a LED strip. In fact, this sign is so big it is barely a DIY solution. To follow building/construction codes and to ensure overall safety the aforementioned hint to a commercial contractor is the correct one.

Check yellow pages, yelp, ads, .. to find the right one in you area.


Thanks for your help Milspec.It is true that I need professional help.

This is true Wink