Check out this new NotFenix NotTK35 with Dural Switches

39 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

CEHepp
CEHepp's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/23/2011 - 22:49
Posts: 503
Location: Charlotte, NC
Check out this new NotFenix NotTK35 with Dural Switches

Link.

Not sure if good buy or just bad knockoff with bad spelling.

Zebralight S6330 – Zebralight SC600w – Zebralight SC52 – Zebralight SC51w – EagleTac D25A Ti 219 – 4Sevens Quark Turbo AA2 219 – FourSevens Preon PenLight -

Pantaloonie
Pantaloonie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 07:37
Posts: 193
Location: London

Meant to be dual switches, presumably. I've ordered one, so I'll soon find out.

CEHepp
CEHepp's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/23/2011 - 22:49
Posts: 503
Location: Charlotte, NC

Pantaloonie wrote:

Meant to be dual switches, presumably.

 

Really? Heh, the things I will learn today.

Zebralight S6330 – Zebralight SC600w – Zebralight SC52 – Zebralight SC51w – EagleTac D25A Ti 219 – 4Sevens Quark Turbo AA2 219 – FourSevens Preon PenLight -

vinhnguyen54
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 01:22
Posts: 327
Location: Washington

That's a TK35 shell without the lettering! Unbelievable!

pounder
pounder's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/20/2011 - 16:43
Posts: 1788
Location: Ontario

wow that looks identical..if build quality is up there then i'm ordering...pantaloonie let us now when you get it! lol

gen1.3_
gen1.3_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 1 month ago
Joined: 05/25/2011 - 09:16
Posts: 763
Location: Commifornia
Wow looks to be a 1:1 scale clone. It might be a fenix w/o markings. I'm getting one. Never ordered from them , how is shipping speed to us?

brted
brted's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 01/12/2010 - 19:44
Posts: 2371
Location: Atlanta

While I like the idea of side-by-side 18650's and dural switches, I always thought the TK35 was a seriously ugly flashlight. Neat find though. Looking forward to hearing about it. Gotta love early adopters.

JohnnyMac
JohnnyMac's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 5 days ago
Joined: 04/12/2011 - 16:03
Posts: 8859
Location: Eastern PA

brted wrote:

While I like the idea of side-by-side 18650's and dural switches, I always thought the TK35 was a seriously ugly flashlight. Neat find though. Looking forward to hearing about it. Gotta love early adopters.

Agreed on all points.
FlashPilot
FlashPilot's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 24 min ago
Joined: 05/10/2010 - 16:07
Posts: 4753
Location: USA

I dont think the TK35 was all that successful, so I wonder if its possible that Fenix sold off their de-badged overstock to a third party. If this light has a genuine Fenix driver, then its an absolute steal at $34. Its fugly as hell but it does have a great pocketable form factor.

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 16 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 7008
Location: The Light

This would be more interesting if it was like a 4xAA model.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

2100
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 6 months ago
Joined: 05/28/2011 - 10:28
Posts: 4512
Location: SINGAPORE

FlashPilot wrote:

I dont think the TK35 was all that successful, so I wonder if its possible that Fenix sold off their de-badged overstock to a third party. If this light has a genuine Fenix driver, then its an absolute steal at $34. Its fugly as hell but it does have a great pocketable form factor.

Fugly as hell, well i don't have that high tastes. It's not the nicest torch but the form factor is near perfect, you can nearly EDC it and have a very long runtime flashlight.

Don't think it'd have that smooth Fenix HA though...

gen1.3_
gen1.3_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 1 month ago
Joined: 05/25/2011 - 09:16
Posts: 763
Location: Commifornia

brted wrote:

While I like the idea of side-by-side 18650's and dural switches, I always thought the TK35 was a seriously ugly flashlight. Neat find though. Looking forward to hearing about it. Gotta love early adopters.

I agree it will not win any beauty awards. I can say owning the tk35 that it is a ergonomic light, very comfortable to hold in your hand. I ordered one , can't wait to compare it with the real deal. If it is anything as the same quality of the tk35, it will be the nicest clone of any brand name light. Hopefully the internals are well made.

mizjif
mizjif's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 09/23/2010 - 03:13
Posts: 1975
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada

ahh this is tempting. Can't wait to see results from those who ordered Smile

ledoman
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/25/2010 - 06:27
Posts: 937
Location: Slovenia (EU)

Pantaloonie wrote:

Meant to be dual switches, presumably. I've ordered one, so I'll soon find out.

How much was the shippment cost?

gen1.3_
gen1.3_'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 1 month ago
Joined: 05/25/2011 - 09:16
Posts: 763
Location: Commifornia

ledoman wrote:

Pantaloonie wrote:

Meant to be dual switches, presumably. I've ordered one, so I'll soon find out.

How much was the shippment cost?

$6 shipping to us. $44 and change total.

Mikk0
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 01/09/2011 - 06:20
Posts: 179
Location: Estland

I've always wanted the tk35 because of the parallel battery design, but thought that paying over 100 dollars for is just too much for me. So I just ordered this one. Seems to be the 99% same as tk35. Will see if it arrives. Shipping was just under 7 dollars to estonia (EU).


Leelou
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 07/30/2011 - 10:13
Posts: 765

What is a dural switch?

I like: walks on the beach, sushi and things that are paisley.

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS
ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 08/04/2011 - 23:47
Posts: 5693
Location: southeast MO

Leelou wrote:

What is a dural switch?

One switch is the power on and off switch and is the bigger one.  The other is the mode switch. 

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS
ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 08/04/2011 - 23:47
Posts: 5693
Location: southeast MO
Leelou
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 07/30/2011 - 10:13
Posts: 765

That's what I thought. I googled dural switch and came up empty. Has a nice ring to it though.

I like: walks on the beach, sushi and things that are paisley.

Pantaloonie
Pantaloonie's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 06/11/2011 - 07:37
Posts: 193
Location: London

FlashPilot wrote:

I dont think the TK35 was all that successful, so I wonder if its possible that Fenix sold off their de-badged overstock to a third party. If this light has a genuine Fenix driver, then its an absolute steal at $34. Its fugly as hell but it does have a great pocketable form factor.

 

Doesn't the TK35 have 3 (non disco) modes plus a turbo mode?

According to the blurb, this copy(?) has 3/5, no mention of a turbo.

Mikk0
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 3 months ago
Joined: 01/09/2011 - 06:20
Posts: 179
Location: Estland

Pantaloonie wrote:
Doesn't the TK35 have 3 (non disco) modes plus a turbo mode?

According to the blurb, this copy(?) has 3/5, no mention of a turbo.

If i remember correctly (CNQG page seems to be down right now), then the copy has 4 modes - high, medium, low and low-low.

Fenix is calling their high mode the "turbo" mode because of marketing reasons.


weiser
Offline
Last seen: 8 years 1 month ago
Joined: 07/18/2011 - 15:25
Posts: 1811
Location: Montana, USA

Mikk0 wrote:

Pantaloonie wrote:
Doesn't the TK35 have 3 (non disco) modes plus a turbo mode?

According to the blurb, this copy(?) has 3/5, no mention of a turbo.

If i remember correctly (CNQG page seems to be down right now), then the copy has 4 modes - high, medium, low and low-low.

Fenix is calling their high mode the "turbo" mode because of marketing reasons.

 

That, and for most of the high driven lights we own the high mode technically is turbo Silly

 

It's really not a bad way to distinguish the highest mode from the most usable modes. It's saying: "Hey, you really only need to this amount of light sparingly."

 

Then again, maybe it's simply a gimmick. "HA! Is your light turbocharged? Didn't think so!"

yavi
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/01/2011 - 12:24
Posts: 720
Location: Spain

I don't see it that ugly.

And the 2 parallel 18650 is something I have been waiting for a long time, knowing the fenix exists, but it is too expensive for me.

I would love this form factor with a zooming flashlight like Yezl T9 with a nice lens not like the original in the T9.

atbglenn
atbglenn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 12:04
Posts: 5767
Location: Long Island, New York

Pantaloonie wrote:

 

Doesn't the TK35 have 3 (non disco) modes plus a turbo mode?

According to the blurb, this copy(?) has 3/5, no mention of a turbo.

The TK35 ( I own one) has 4 normal modes, plus 2 disco modes controlled by depressing and holding the smaller (mode) button in then releasing. Now you're in the crappy disco mode. Press and hold to return to normal modes. 

Boycott Nike

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS
ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 08/04/2011 - 23:47
Posts: 5693
Location: southeast MO

yavi wrote:

I don't see it that ugly.

And the 2 parallel 18650 is something I have been waiting for a long time, knowing the fenix exists, but it is too expensive for me.

I would love this form factor with a zooming flashlight like Yezl T9 with a nice lens not like the original in the T9.

I almost bought this light, but I wanted to buy the Olight SR51 package for my birthday.  So I did.  But I agree that this light if it proves to be just about the same as the TK35 is a steal.  If it stays that price, I will probably have to try and buy one.  And it is far from ugly. 

yavi
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/01/2011 - 12:24
Posts: 720
Location: Spain

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS wrote:

yavi wrote:

I don't see it that ugly.

And the 2 parallel 18650 is something I have been waiting for a long time, knowing the fenix exists, but it is too expensive for me.

I would love this form factor with a zooming flashlight like Yezl T9 with a nice lens not like the original in the T9.

I almost bought this light, but I wanted to buy the Olight SR51 package for my birthday.  So I did.  But I agree that this light if it proves to be just about the same as the TK35 is a steal.  If it stays that price, I will probably have to try and buy one.  And it is far from ugly. 

I don't feel well, there is something like a mosquito in my ear telling me  tssssss buy it, tssssssss buy it.

I have to cross my fingers to avoid using the mouse and click "commit to buy buttom".

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS
ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 8 months ago
Joined: 08/04/2011 - 23:47
Posts: 5693
Location: southeast MO

I know the feeling.  LOL!  Just wait for the time to be right and you have the money to spare.  Then if you don't seem to have it to spare or you feel it has been to long of a wait and you may not get one for that price if you continue to keep waiting just go ahead and buy it anyway.  That's the way I'll do it.  I haven't made up my mind yet.  I like hearing good reports first.  So I will probably wait.  Let others bite the bullet then I won't have to be eating lead if it's a flop. 

Hikelite
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 07/13/2011 - 16:18
Posts: 3888
Location: Honeyland

A cheap Fenix? So could this mean the Fenix on Manafont are fake? Or maybe Ric got into the factory and snatched a couple, since the factory is in Shenzhen. Smile 

yavi
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 09/01/2011 - 12:24
Posts: 720
Location: Spain

ILIKEFLASHLIGHTS wrote:

I know the feeling.  LOL!  Just wait for the time to be right and you have the money to spare.  Then if you don't seem to have it to spare or you feel it has been to long of a wait and you may not get one for that price if you continue to keep waiting just go ahead and buy it anyway.  That's the way I'll do it.  I haven't made up my mind yet.  I like hearing good reports first.  So I will probably wait.  Let others bite the bullet then I won't have to be eating lead if it's a flop. 

Don't tell me why, but the chinesse market tend to produce a first nice batch where everybody is quite happy with it, and suddenly when evereyone else can see the reviews and order that nice and cheap flashlight, there are differences from the original.

That is not my experience, but it is something I have seen from many reviews, the last one I know of is the YEZL T9, where mine was quite nice in general, and people who bought it one month later had different (and worse) parts of it.

It is the opposite than what happens normally with branded products where the manufactuers tend to sale a first quick batch just to have it no the market before their competitors, and then the following versions tend to be better.

So, I don't mean  this will be the case, but it could happen if you wait too much hehe.

 

 

coolperl
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 4 months ago
Joined: 08/04/2011 - 14:28
Posts: 271
Location: Europe

I don't believe this light has original Fenix internals. Not for this price. I think even the body is not made by Fenix. This is just more or less precise copy. A couple of year ago, the same situation was with Nitecore Extreme Infinity. There were lights that look almost exactly the same as original. Even the manual and retail box were copied. But inside the light, there was typical cheap stuff unable to maintain original UI, not even reliable operation.

I bet, the same case is with this copy. You won't get Fenix UI, circuit efficiency, etc for 39$. 

Remember - you get what you paid for.

Pages