When you have too many resident batteries....Battery Apartment to the rescue!!

73 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA
When you have too many resident batteries....Battery Apartment to the rescue!!

lol

C’mon guys…this is one of a kind…where else you gonna see a “Battery Apartment” ?
The result of too much time on my hands and a 3D printing hobby. But…it gets the job done.
Besides, it got the approval of my cute little Mrs. so that was the icing on the cake. Good thing she has no clue what batts can cost Party

They have single trays on ebay, but I ran out of shelf space so vertical was the only way I could go and there are no stackable trays like this that I know of.
ebay Battery Tray

About $5.00 in materials to make it. Cool or what?
Good thing half my batteries are in devices.
More residents on the way from GB….might have to add a 4th floor…haha!

Please don’t make fun of my pathetic battery collection…I’m just getting started in this game.

Edited by: Zebretta on 02/28/2017 - 15:46
bella-headlight
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 day ago
Joined: 01/10/2016 - 16:17
Posts: 1180
Location: United Kingdom

Nice apartment Thumbs Up
Some of my 18650 “herd” living in a 12 guage shotgun cartridge box

I have some more “homeless” 18650“s not including ones “living” in lights plus another box with 26650“s that are not “living” in lights Facepalm

Ian

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA
bella-headlight wrote:
Nice apartment Thumbs Up Some of my 18650 “herd” living in a 12 guage shotgun cartridge box I have some more “homeless” 18650“s not including ones “living” in lights plus another box with 26650“s that are not “living” in lights Facepalm

Thanks Bella.
Ah those poor homeless 18650’s. Thanks for providing a shotgun shelter for them Thumbs Up
How did you get them to stand upright like that?

dchomak
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 5 months ago
Joined: 03/17/2012 - 20:10
Posts: 4122
Location: Connecticut

Very nice!
Someday I will have a 3D printer too. So much can be done with them.
As it is now, I have been storing all of my cells thru different means, more than 1 apartment Big Smile

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 12 months ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9908
Location: Charente France

Wow very neat and organised Thumbs Up

Boaz
Boaz's picture
Online
Last seen: 51 sec ago
Joined: 11/07/2010 - 09:31
Posts: 7720
Location: Birthplace of Aviation

Most of mine are snug in their OEM laptop battery packs ..sshhh ….they’re sleeping !!!

That high rise apartment complex looks a bit expensive .What’s the rent on a place like that ?

       καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν

                            

       Dc-fix diffuser film  >…  http://budgetlightforum.com/node/42208

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA
dchomak wrote:
Very nice! Someday I will have a 3D printer too. So much can be done with them. As it is now, I have been storing all of my cells thru different means, more than 1 apartment Big Smile

Thank you sir!
Yes….if you like to tinker…do get a 3D printer. They’re loads of fun and you can do some cool practical stuff with them Thumbs Up

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA
The Miller wrote:
Wow very neat and organised Thumbs Up

Thanks The Miler!
It’s compensation…everything else I have is total chaos unfortunately.

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA
Boaz wrote:
Most of mine are snug in their OEM laptop battery packs ..sshhh ….they’re sleeping !!! That high rise apartment complex looks a bit expensive .What’s the rent on a place like that ?

ok….shhhhh……. lol

The “apartment” cost $5.00 I believe was the materials cost. Absolutely under $10.00

So the “rent” was a one time payment of $5.00 Innocent

bella-headlight
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 day ago
Joined: 01/10/2016 - 16:17
Posts: 1180
Location: United Kingdom
Zebretta wrote:
bella-headlight wrote:
Nice apartment Thumbs Up Some of my 18650 “herd” living in a 12 guage shotgun cartridge box I have some more “homeless” 18650“s not including ones “living” in lights plus another box with 26650“s that are not “living” in lights Facepalm

Thanks Bella.
Ah those poor homeless 18650’s. Thanks for providing a shotgun shelter for them Thumbs Up
How did you get them to stand upright like that?

It has 50 individual sections each one just the right size for an 18650 Thumbs Up
They are only cheap & lots of different sizes available from 12 – 100 sections irc http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shotgun/shotshell-boxes.html
http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shotgun/shotshell-boxes-sf50.html

Ian

DB Custom
DB Custom's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 6 days ago
Joined: 01/13/2013 - 22:28
Posts: 20733
Location: Heart of Texas

I have the 12ga shotshell case as well, works very well. Mines full, have more cells in a couple of other cases. More cells on the way.

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA
bella-headlight wrote:
Zebretta wrote:
bella-headlight wrote:
Nice apartment Thumbs Up Some of my 18650 “herd” living in a 12 guage shotgun cartridge box I have some more “homeless” 18650“s not including ones “living” in lights plus another box with 26650“s that are not “living” in lights Facepalm

Thanks Bella.
Ah those poor homeless 18650’s. Thanks for providing a shotgun shelter for them Thumbs Up
How did you get them to stand upright like that?

It has 50 individual sections each one just the right size for an 18650 Thumbs Up
They are only cheap & lots of different sizes available from 12 – 100 sections irc http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shotgun/shotshell-boxes.html
http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shotgun/shotshell-boxes-sf50.html

Nice. If I didn’t have a 3D printer that would have been a good option.
The really good thing about your set up is it’s very mobile. Mine…not so much Sad

Couldn’t help but notice that nice flashlight collection in the background. You are SO far ahead of me Smile

Thanks for sharing Thumbs Up
bella-headlight
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 day ago
Joined: 01/10/2016 - 16:17
Posts: 1180
Location: United Kingdom

Yes I wish I had bought the 100 shell box now as I have to many cells for the 50 box & will be getting a dozen more 30Q“s & some more GA“s soon Facepalm
Wish they did a cartridge box that fitted 26650“s.

Ian

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

Looking good guys!!!! Thanks for sharing those ideas…….. Thumbs Up

Zebretta, it looks as though you have a massive “herd”!!! I like how you have them corralled though. Thumbs Up

Ian, your “herd” looks more like the size of mine. Nice way you have them contained also. I like the box with the handle on top. Thumbs Up Makes for easy transport.

Rumor has it that some people just buy more flashlights to “store” their spare batteries in. But I’m sure no one on this forum would do that. Wink

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA
teacher wrote:
Rumor has it that some people just buy more flashlights to “store” their spare batteries in. But I’m sure no one on this forum would do that. Wink

haha!

not a chance I’m sure Smile
I WISH I had enough lights to store more of my batteries in.

bella-headlight
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 1 day ago
Joined: 01/10/2016 - 16:17
Posts: 1180
Location: United Kingdom

Not me Teacher Wink
You know the criteria any new light must meet before I will buy it.
It must be either
1. I have a definite use for it or
2. It is massive lumens at a budget price or
3. It is a BLF special edition light (like the Q8)
Obviously meeting all 3 above criteria would be ideal but it must meet at least one.
Unfortunately they keep releasing lights that meet one of the above Facepalm

Ian

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA
bella-headlight wrote:
Not me Teacher Wink You know the criteria any new light must meet before I will buy it. It must be either 1. I have a definite use for it or 2. It is massive lumens at a budget price or 3. It is a BLF special edition light (like the Q8) Obviously meeting all 3 above criteria would be ideal but it must meet at least one. Unfortunately they keep releasing lights that meet one of the above Facepalm

Right?
Pathetic…..but someone might need to open the first chapter of….“Lumens Anonymous”……doh!

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 3 months ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

bella-headlight wrote:
Not me Teacher Wink
You know the criteria any new light must meet before I will buy it.
It must be either
1. I have a definite use for it or
2. It is massive lumens at a budget price or
3. It is a BLF special edition light (like the Q8)
Obviously meeting all 3 above criteria would be ideal but it must meet at least one.
Unfortunately they keep releasing lights that meet one of the above Facepalm
No sir, I would never have even thought about you doing that my friend, Facepalm Wink
I possibly, maybe, could have done that at one time……. but I’ll admit to nothing. FacepalmBig Smile

Zebretta wrote:

Right?
Pathetic…..but someone might need to open the first chapter of….“Lumens Anonymous”……doh!
Might not be a bad idea Zebretta. Thumbs Up

It crossed my mind to give THIS a try. Facepalm … But I like your idea better……. Thumbs Up .. Wink

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

hank
hank's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 09/04/2011 - 21:52
Posts: 9599
Location: Berkeley, California

Hmmm — how does the diameter of a “choke” compare to a tube flashlight?
Compartment on top:

http://www.mtmcase-gard.com/products/shotgun/shotshell-boxes-sw100.html

wolfdog1226
wolfdog1226's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 10/09/2013 - 20:47
Posts: 2120
Location: Acquasanta,Italia/ Valley Forge, Pa. USA

Nice!! Efficiently organized!

However,I do not see too many IF any 18650,,,,,,,,,get w/ the program!! lol! Wink

Solitude breeds contemplation which creates clarity. 

Environment molds a person. Perseverance changes them. 

                                                                   WOLFDOG 

MAD TM26
MAD TM26's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 05/09/2013 - 05:25
Posts: 343

Thanks for sharing the idea OP. It will really help me organize my tool boxes to my liking. Any hint if I am to look for a 3D printer?

we buy light for a brighter tomorrow

MRsDNF
MRsDNF's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/22/2011 - 21:18
Posts: 13473
Location: A light beam away from the missus in the land of Aus.

Looks perfect for what you need Zebretta. Nicely made. Thumbs Up

 

djozz quotes, "it came with chinese lettering that is chinese to me".

                      "My man mousehole needs one too"

old4570 said "I'm not an expert , so don't suffer from any such technical restrictions".

Old-Lumens. Highly admired and cherished member of Budget Light Forum. 11.5.2011 - 20.12.16. RIP.

 

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA

teacher wrote:
bella-headlight wrote:
Not me Teacher Wink
You know the criteria any new light must meet before I will buy it.
It must be either
1. I have a definite use for it or
2. It is massive lumens at a budget price or
3. It is a BLF special edition light (like the Q8)
Obviously meeting all 3 above criteria would be ideal but it must meet at least one.
Unfortunately they keep releasing lights that meet one of the above Facepalm
No sir, I would never have even thought about you doing that my friend, Facepalm Wink
I possibly, maybe, could have done that at one time……. but I’ll admit to nothing. FacepalmBig Smile

Zebretta wrote:

Right?
Pathetic…..but someone might need to open the first chapter of….“Lumens Anonymous”……doh!
Might not be a bad idea Zebretta. Thumbs Up

It crossed my mind to give THIS a try. Facepalm … But I like your idea better……. Thumbs Up .. Wink

lol….What has our society come to ? Smile

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA

wolfdog1226 wrote:
Nice!! Efficiently organized! However,I do not see too many IF any 18650,,,,,,,,,get w/ the program!! lol! Wink

Haha!! You’re right…which is the “INCOMING!!!!”…mentioned in the OP. 8 “pink” 3000nAh 18650’s from GB on the way.
(May have to re-wrap those tho…..wrong shade of pink for my tastes Wink

NeutralFan
NeutralFan's picture
Offline
Last seen: 8 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 03/20/2014 - 19:22
Posts: 1588
Location: Wisconsin, USA

You made that with a 3D printer Zebretta? That’s impressive!

How long does something like that take to “print”?

I’d rather use my flashlight around the house than turn on the lights.

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA
MAD TM26 wrote:
Thanks for sharing the idea OP. It will really help me organize my tool boxes to my liking. Any hint if I am to look for a 3D printer?

Thanks MAD!

Wow. There are so many. I ended up by a Flash Forge Creator Pro Clone for about $600.
The important things to consider are…..
1). The print bed size
2). Nozzle diameter
3). Heated (or unheated) print bed
4). Filament diameter
5). What material you will likely want to use.

Would be glad to offer whatever advice I can anytime Smile

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA

NeutralFan wrote:
You made that with a 3D printer Zebretta? That’s impressive!

How long does something like that take to “print”?

Yes sir! Thanks!
Ummm…all told I would say about 30 hours give or take?
I printed it in sections then used Weld-On 4 to permanently combine the pieces.
I would start a section before I went to sleep and it would be done in the morning.
Repeated that until it was all printed.

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA
MRsDNF wrote:
Looks perfect for what you need Zebretta. Nicely made. Thumbs Up

Thank you very much sir! Smile

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA

I hope everyone gets a 3D printer eventually so they can join the fun.
I do know there are already a number of people who’ve been at this forum long before me that use a 3D printer.
Maybe they’ll chime in?
I’d love to see the cool stuff they’ve made. Maybe we can swap print files.

Here’s something else Flashlight related I made with it…..

A Protective lens cap for my new Convoy C8 to protect the lens against scratches and damage when I toss it in the car.
It self tightens when you twist it to keep it snugly in place. I’d bet a lot of other members here with a 3D printer have made some cool lens caps.

BeardedRaleigh
BeardedRaleigh's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 08/16/2016 - 23:45
Posts: 475
Location: Chico, CA

looks great! good idea on going vert to save space.

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Zebretta
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 2 days ago
Joined: 12/08/2016 - 18:57
Posts: 590
Location: USA
BeardedRaleigh wrote:
looks great! good idea on going vert to save space.

Thanks friend!

Half the fun was making it.

Pages