**MULTIPLE** Sales Threads Issue

123 posts / 0 new
Last post
CRX
CRX's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 04/02/2013 - 15:27
Posts: 4243
Location: Scotland

Here’s another one for moaning about it LOL Sorry just playin.
Thanks for starting this thread Thumbs Up

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 40 sec ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 17598
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

CRX wrote:

Here’s another one for moaning about it LOL Sorry just playin.

:bigsmile:

CRX wrote:

Thanks for starting this thread Thumbs Up

+1!

Trevi_lux
Trevi_lux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 10:52
Posts: 2296
Location: Spain

Thanks for the thread djburkes ! Smile

Jerommel
Jerommel's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 8 months ago
Joined: 01/04/2014 - 13:18
Posts: 6380
Location: the Hague, Netherlands
caramba wrote:
sb56637 wrote:
budgetlightforum.com/node/53225 wrote:

Competition between commercial sellers is good for BLF, but bickering and cutthroat competitiveness between BLF liaisons is damaging to the entire BLF community, so please avoid doing so at all cost


The cutthroat competitiveness is definitely noticeable.

the had his exclusive BLF 348 groupbuys for years and recently I noticed that while “the’s” groupbuy is still going on, there are others using boiler room tactics and undercutting his price.

I think a little Ethics 101 wouldn’t hurt.

Healthy competition is great but you don’t have to become the next Ricky Roma from Glengarry glen ross to be successful.

Yeah, i didn’t like that BLF348 deal undercutting the’s deal either..
But i personally think Gearbest shouldn’t have made that possible.

In defence of Fin17 and r3crac, i like their topics with their clear overview (with pictures and all) of good deals, but they should limit it to coupon deals, without flash deals and without non flashlight related stuff.
Also the relentless bumps by means of seemingly irrelevant edits should stop.

@SB:
Thanks for the new homepage / bookmark options. Thumbs Up
I now have 2 BLF bookmarks on my browser toolbar: one among the forums and one among the webshops.
However, it used to be nice to have interesting deals etcetera pop up every now and then on the main page.

In all, in my opinion the stores themselves should provide us with sweet deals, but apparently they often prefer to use affiliates.

sac02
sac02's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/26/2016 - 15:18
Posts: 826
Location: TX
kiriba-ru wrote:
… When page is loading, one from ad banners adresses some slow server and loading longer that whole page. When it is loaded, page is scrolled down by 1-2 lines. How does it works: Im entering forum, page is loaded, finger is going to the target link, and at this moment this f###ing banner is loaded and whole page is scrolled and I pass other link that I need. I return back and this banner is not saved so it will take a time before itll be loaded and this repietes once again as many times as I go through different threads. …

A well-known rage-inducing phenomenon on mobile…

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 16 hours ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8821
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

 Sorry if one felt anoyed by me and my posts!

i also was not happy with the direction the advertising in BLF took the last weeks...

If anyone wants to share his toughts or tips please feel free to write me a PM or send me a mail!

i try to reduce the "annoying, repetitive" part of bringing you some deals in the BLF.


PS: thanks that some see me as "not as bad" as other affiliates Wink

PLEASE NOTE
i do not work in "reviews, deals and codes" for the time being
maybe M4D M4X will return one day, but until then:

THANK YOU FOR YEARS OF YOUR SUPPORT AND FRIENDLY CONTACTS!

RobertB
RobertB's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 3 hours ago
Joined: 12/18/2015 - 17:49
Posts: 3780
Location: USA, Michigan

M4D M4X & Freeme don’t bother me at all, and I’ve bought plenty from both. Just this recent rash of new guys that come out of nowhere, contribute nothing, and have no intentions to contribute anything, as the OP alluded to

Trevi_lux
Trevi_lux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 10:52
Posts: 2296
Location: Spain
RobertB wrote:
M4D M4X & Freeme don’t bother me at all, and I’ve bought plenty from both. Just this recent rash of new guys that come out of nowhere, contribute nothing, and have no intentions to contribute anything, as the OP alluded to

+1.000.000

RollerBoySE
RollerBoySE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/13/2014 - 11:23
Posts: 1034
Location: Sweden
Trevi_lux wrote:
RobertB wrote:
M4D M4X & Freeme don’t bother me at all, and I’ve bought plenty from both. Just this recent rash of new guys that come out of nowhere, contribute nothing, and have no intentions to contribute anything, as the OP alluded to

+1.000.000

+1

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9908
Location: Charente France

Gonna quote RobertB with a few edits:
M4DM4X, tantasal, everydaysurvivalgear, Freeme don’t bother me at all, big thumbs up to them! Just this recent rash of new guys that come out of nowhere, contribute nothing, and have no intentions to contribute anything, as the OP alluded to

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

M4D M4X wrote:

 Sorry if one felt anoyed by me and my posts!


i also was not happy with the direction the advertising in BLF took the last weeks…

If anyone wants to share his toughts or tips please feel free to write me a PM or send me a mail!


i try to reduce the “annoying, repetitive” part of bringing you some deals in the BLF.


PS: thanks that some see me as “not as bad” as other affiliates Wink

I have not found your posts annoying at all M4D M4X…. I can rarely even find them on the “recent post page”. Facepalm
I have to go to “my subscriptions” or hunt up your thread to see if you have anything new added. Thumbs Up

So “no worries” in my book. Smile
The deals you are able to negotiate are greatly appreciated also. Thumbs Up

Thank you!!!!
Smile

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

cbrake10
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 11/25/2014 - 17:04
Posts: 488
Location: Alabama
Thumbs Up

-Clark

Trevi_lux
Trevi_lux's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 7 months ago
Joined: 09/04/2012 - 10:52
Posts: 2296
Location: Spain

If someone is a flashaholic is ok for me the aff in his thread or in his reviews…. If your are seller is ok the aff….if your are a person that arrives here for get money of people that are flashaholics….for me is spam and I must click this…

teacher
teacher's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/23/2016 - 19:04
Posts: 9596
Location: NE & SW Alabama

sb56637 wrote:

I believe I disabled it after the big site upgrade a while back, for some reason I couldn’t get it to work. But now I am please to announce….

http://budgetlightforum.com/recent-posts_not-commercial

Wink Enjoy.
Wow…… that is pretty neat. A simple second right click and those that wish not to see it don’t have to. Thumbs Up

Nice ‘SB’……….. Smile

Thumbs Up

You never know how a horse will pull until you hook him up to a heavy load./"Bear" Bryant 

 .................................. "Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast" ...................................

       Texas Lumens Flashlights / M4D M4X Deals : sign up - save $$$$  

         Rudeness Level _ mΩ _ {width:70%} _ LightWiki _ LED Tint Chart  

      Xlamp size chart _ BatteryU _ Flashaholic? Need Professional Help???            TheOriginal _ TAB _ LightSearch _ BatterySearch _ 14500's _ DiCal 

 

                                             

Beachlogger
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/04/2013 - 23:08
Posts: 994
Location: S.E. Alaska

I haven’t read all the posts in this thread so I don’t know if it’s been said yet and it’s been suggested before… I think it would be great if the affiliate links didn’t show up on the new posts page, if you want to shop go to the affiliate page

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 7141
Location: The Light
Beachlogger wrote:
I haven’t read all the posts in this thread so I don’t know if it’s been said yet and it’s been suggested before… I think it would be great if the affiliate links didn’t show up on the new posts page, if you want to shop go to the affiliate page

http://budgetlightforum.com/recent-posts_not-commercial

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Beachlogger
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/04/2013 - 23:08
Posts: 994
Location: S.E. Alaska
sb56637 wrote:
Beachlogger wrote:
I haven’t read all the posts in this thread so I don’t know if it’s been said yet and it’s been suggested before… I think it would be great if the affiliate links didn’t show up on the new posts page, if you want to shop go to the affiliate page

http://budgetlightforum.com/recent-posts_not-commercial

I hadn’t noticed that, that’s great, so to get there you need to click on the non comercial at the top of the page?

HarleyQuin
HarleyQuin's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 03/29/2013 - 04:47
Posts: 588
sb56637 wrote:
http://budgetlightforum.com/recent-posts_not-commercial

skipping 13/25 on the recent post page
…priceless

Oshpark Boards:
HQ ProgKey: Universal Driver Programming Key . Boost: HQ 15mm/17mm programmable boost driver with ATtiny13A
46mm Triple-Channel: BLF SRK FET v3 . 17mm Linear: HQ10D / HQ4D / HQ4S . Contact Boards: 22/24/26mm

sb56637
sb56637's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 01/08/2010 - 09:29
Posts: 7141
Location: The Light
Beachlogger wrote:
sb56637 wrote:
Beachlogger wrote:
I haven’t read all the posts in this thread so I don’t know if it’s been said yet and it’s been suggested before… I think it would be great if the affiliate links didn’t show up on the new posts page, if you want to shop go to the affiliate page

http://budgetlightforum.com/recent-posts_not-commercial

I hadn’t noticed that, that’s great, so to get there you need to click on the non comercial at the top of the page?

Yep, or else as a sub-item under “Recent Posts” at the top left “Main Menu”.

Budget Light Forum ...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Online
Last seen: 15 min 18 sec ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 16161
Location: nyc
Beachlogger wrote:
I haven’t read all the posts in this thread so I don’t know if it’s been said yet and it’s been suggested before… I think it would be great if the affiliate links didn’t show up on the new posts page, if you want to shop go to the affiliate page

Unno, I ain’t got a dog in this fight either way, and maybe I’m not quite understanding the problem(s). Is it the recent-posts being cluttered with “commercials”? Is it that X, Y, and Z “advertise” here but don’t “contribute” in other ways? Both? Other?

If (and I’m only mentioning him ‘cause others were kinda beating up on him) Fin17 lists “unnecessary” flash-sales and coupon codes and whatnot from GB… umm, maybe someone can clue me in how to find them on GB? I see the thread, browse through the new additions, and with pix, see at a glance what kind of light it is (keychain, EDC, cudgel, whatever), and with price, know whether/not I’m even interested in it. Nice.

A big-ass table of just micro-text to squint at, no pix, nothing else, is kinda dry reading. Do I know what an XB-17 is? For 30bux, is it an overly expensive keychain light, or an L6-class spotlight at an amazing price? At least with Fin17’s format, I can see at a glance.

So I appreciate the leads, the easy-to-read format, etc. I’ve availed myself of Freeme’s and Fin17’s services, don’t recall if M4D M4X’s or r3crac’s, so I appreciate the discounts. Do I care if they don’t review lights or show beamshots? Not in the slightest. Unless I’m missing something, it seems to me they offer savings, thus a service, to BLF members.

Nice solution with the non-commercial filter, so those who won’t want their listings “polluted” can have it so. Me? I’ll keep mine as-is.

Anyway, just wanted to toss in my 2¢ as far as the convenience of these threads/listings. And Kudos to SB as far as filtering them out for those who don’t want them.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Rufusbduck
Rufusbduck's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 days ago
Joined: 04/04/2012 - 15:34
Posts: 10389
Location: Golden state

When I do a mod thread I usually dig several pages to make an update and find the other mod threads along the way or later yet those ad threads are always on the front page or near. I’d much rather dig to find them than dig through them to find what I want.

Three Tanna leaves to give him life, nine to give him movement. But what if he eats the whole bag?

Scott

Fin17
Fin17's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 02/05/2017 - 07:31
Posts: 3307

I was thinking about my actions and competition with other users for the top row in the forum topic.
It was not clever and it was definitely a mistake.

I want sincerely apologize if it annoyed anyone in BLF community.
Please accept my apologies.

Also, I would like to contribute to this community.
I have some ideas that could be useful for all of us. I will share my ideas with SB.

With respect,
Fin17

MILSPEC
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 10/12/2016 - 06:02
Posts: 563

I never picked on anyone specific, but thought we could all come up with a more intelligent solution than x number of people posting in threads.
It is a fact that discount codes, flash sales and similar promotional activities should be highlighted to the users who need them, but a traditional forum thread just might not be the best way of facilitating this.

Something like an up-to-date table would be good – products on the left and codes on the right.

Rufusbduck
Rufusbduck's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 2 days ago
Joined: 04/04/2012 - 15:34
Posts: 10389
Location: Golden state

Thanks Fin17, I’m sure you and the others mean well by posting these opportunities and don’t begrudge whatever benefits you receive for your efforts. Please just keep in mind that the forum is more than just access to budget deals but is also a gathering place where we can talk shop and ask questions or share what we’ve learned along the way with a bit of fun on the side. Unlike some forums bringing up older threads seems to be perfectly ok but it would be nice if newer ones didn’t become old quite so quickly. My 2 cents.

Three Tanna leaves to give him life, nine to give him movement. But what if he eats the whole bag?

Scott

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9908
Location: Charente France

Fin17 wrote:
I was thinking about my actions and competition with other users for the top row in the forum topic.
It was not clever and it was definitely a mistake.

I want sincerely apologize if it annoyed anyone in BLF community.
Please accept my apologies.

Also, I would like to contribute to this community.
I have some ideas that could be useful for all of us. I will share my ideas with SB.

With respect,
Fin17

Nice post!
And let me assure you, your English is fine, so show us that XHP50 C8 Big Smile

MILSPEC
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 10/12/2016 - 06:02
Posts: 563
r3crac wrote:
MILSPEC wrote:
Something like an up-to-date table would be good – products on the left and codes on the right.
What do you think? I can’t make it simpler.

I like this approach a lot. But we’d still need multiple threads, multiple affiliates posting/updating via different threads. However if we only have a limited number of users posting in their own tables… this would be a potential solution.

Thanks for sharing.

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 16 hours ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8821
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

i hope that seperating the “advertising part“ to 

(which is necessary to make sales volume which is needed to get good discounts...)

to my blog outside will make it more easy and enjoyable - surfing a spam free blf and browsing deals if you want to.

PLEASE NOTE
i do not work in "reviews, deals and codes" for the time being
maybe M4D M4X will return one day, but until then:

THANK YOU FOR YEARS OF YOUR SUPPORT AND FRIENDLY CONTACTS!

Fin17
Fin17's picture
Offline
Last seen: 19 min 39 sec ago
Joined: 02/05/2017 - 07:31
Posts: 3307
The Miller wrote:
And let me assure you, your English is fine, so show us that XHP50 C8 Big Smile

It was an important post for me. And I do not like Google-Translate quality.
So I asked to help my friends from Canada.

Regarding С8 XHP50
You can try. In which topic?

Illumenated
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/21/2016 - 13:45
Posts: 272
Location: Georgia, USA
RollerBoySE wrote:
Trevi_lux wrote:
RobertB wrote:
M4D M4X & Freeme don’t bother me at all, and I’ve bought plenty from both. Just this recent rash of new guys that come out of nowhere, contribute nothing, and have no intentions to contribute anything, as the OP alluded to

+1.000.000

+1

+1 here too.

The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 1 month ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9908
Location: Charente France
Fin17 wrote:
The Miller wrote:
And let me assure you, your English is fine, so show us that XHP50 C8 Big Smile

It was an important post for me. And I do not like Google-Translate quality.
So I asked to help my friends from Canada.

Regarding С8 XHP50
You can try. In which topic?


Nice there is the “what did you mod today” thread but it sounds like a mod that deserves its own topic (I would post it in the 18650 flashlights section so it is next to other C8 mods and threads)

Pages