USB charger anilyzer

26 posts / 0 new
Last post
Pulsar
Pulsar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 6 days ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 00:41
Posts: 5848
Location: Maine
USB charger anilyzer

Seen one posted in a review…

It got plugged in between the USB power source and the device being charged and showed voltage, current and mah put it, possibly other info.

Anyone know the device?

Edited by: Pulsar on 06/29/2017 - 20:56
Pulsar
Pulsar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 6 days ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 00:41
Posts: 5848
Location: Maine

https://m.banggood.com/KEWEISI-3V-9V-0-3A-USB-Charger-Power-Detector-Battery-Capacity-Tester-Voltage-Current-Meter-p-984613.html?rmmds=search

These! Lol
What’s recommended for a good one? This one looks good for the price

Slayer1
Slayer1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 22 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 03/03/2016 - 02:59
Posts: 416
Location: Singapore

https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/RD-USB-3-0-OLED-Comprehensive-Tester-5-bit-current-4-bit-voltage-voltmeter-ammeter-power/923042_32804740758.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.wUG7aC

Review of RD Tech USB 3.0

FS : SFT70 20mm DTP 6V 6500k

EasyB
Offline
Last seen: 10 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2016 - 15:24
Posts: 2211
Location: Ohio

Look at http://lygte-info.dk/ for tests of many USB tester/meters.

Slayer1 wrote:
https://es.aliexpress.com/store/product/RD-USB-3-0-OLED-Comprehensive-Tester-5-bit-current-4-bit-voltage-voltmeter-ammeter-power/923042_32804740758.html?spm=2114.12010612.0.0.wUG7aC

Review of RD Tech USB 3.0


That’s pretty cool it graphs voltage and current over time.
djozz
djozz's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 55 min ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 18162
Location: Amsterdam

I have one of these, it is tested by HKJ here:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/52980
It is very good and looks good too, but the price makes it a thing for snobs I guess:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-New-version-Colour-TFT-Dual-USB-Power-Monitor-YZXstudio-ZY1273-QC-3-0-/201883436459?hash=item2f0130c5ab:g:IgkAAOSwiONYOpB7

rizky_p
rizky_p's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 03/01/2011 - 05:06
Posts: 1036
Location: Indonesia
djozz wrote:
I have one of these, it is tested by HKJ here: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/52980 It is very good and looks good too, but the price makes it a thing for snobs I guess: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-New-version-Colour-TFT-Dual-USB-Power-Monitor-YZXstudio-ZY1273-QC-3-0-/201883436459?hash=item2f0130c5ab:g:IgkAAOSwiONYOpB7

probably one of the best one and the most expensive. Link to disccusion thread on BLF
There are several versions red, blue, yellow and green with bluetooth it even tells you if you charger/source is QC capable or identify which ports support certain phone identification like Apple.

!
YZXstudio ZY1273


YZXstudio ZY1265 QC 3.0


USB Load Tester YZXStudio ZL1100

m_a_schuster
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 6 days ago
Joined: 12/13/2016 - 15:01
Posts: 51

And for those with money for high-priced test equipment, one must also test their USB cables to ensure that they are capable of delivering the current that the power supply is producing:

http://www.qoopow.com

http://www.amazon.com/Charger-Quality-Tester-Advanced-Version/dp/B01LYJU6AG

Pulsar
Pulsar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 6 days ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 00:41
Posts: 5848
Location: Maine
djozz wrote:
I have one of these, it is tested by HKJ here: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/52980 It is very good and looks good too, but the price makes it a thing for snobs I guess: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2017-New-version-Colour-TFT-Dual-USB-Power-Monitor-YZXstudio-ZY1273-QC-3-0-/201883436459?hash=item2f0130c5ab:g:IgkAAOSwiONYOpB7

I like that one, got a cool Mario loading screen too lol.

Is the price difference really worth it? I mean, if the one I linked gives wildly inaccurate numbers than it would be basically a novelty item. If it’s consistent and only off a little would work for me. A comparison review of budget vs “high end” would be neat

leaftye
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 1 month ago
Joined: 07/25/2012 - 17:43
Posts: 4278
Location: San Diego, CA

Pulsar wrote:
https://m.banggood.com/KEWEISI-3V-9V-0-3A-USB-Charger-Power-Detector-Battery-Capacity-Tester-Voltage-Current-Meter-p-984613.html?rmmds=search

These! Lol
What’s recommended for a good one? This one looks good for the price

I have 3 of these. The first was ordered a long time ago and performed perfectly. The 2 newest ones are lacking in quality, with quirks like the screen blacking out and failing the continue showing the stats after charging is completed. If the newer ones performed like my first one, I’d recommend these wholeheartedly. At least they’re cheap.

The low mode should be lower.

Pulsar
Pulsar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 6 days ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 00:41
Posts: 5848
Location: Maine

leaftye wrote:
Pulsar wrote:
https://m.banggood.com/KEWEISI-3V-9V-0-3A-USB-Charger-Power-Detector-Battery-Capacity-Tester-Voltage-Current-Meter-p-984613.html?rmmds=search

These! Lol
What’s recommended for a good one? This one looks good for the price

I have 3 of these. The first was ordered a long time ago and performed perfectly. The 2 newest ones are lacking in quality, with quirks like the screen blacking out and failing the continue showing the stats after charging is completed. If the newer ones performed like my first one, I’d recommend these wholeheartedly. At least they’re cheap.

Thanks, thats pretty much what I wanted to know. I would rather get the $5 one, but if they are flaky, I would rather spend $25-30 and get something that works properly. I would like to see the final stats on the charge with out sitting over it watching it the whole time…

dodge_911
dodge_911's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/18/2016 - 15:07
Posts: 219
Location: DodgeReviews HQ

m_a_schuster wrote:
And for those with money for high-priced test equipment, one must also test their USB cables to ensure that they are capable of delivering the current that the power supply is producing: http://www.qoopow.com http://www.amazon.com/Charger-Quality-Tester-Advanced-Version/dp/B01LYJU6AG

[/quote]

Wow, nice! But kinda expensive for what it does, compared to the YZXStudio meters.

If the price goes down, I'm interested Smile

:: YouTube ::
http://bit.ly/dodgereviewsyt
:: Discord ::
http://discord.gg/fqJEDyy
:: Join the Discord ::
we need more BLF'ers!
freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 35 min 22 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 10801

I am using KWS-MX16 (2016) now. Have a search in eBay or Ali.  

1thedeals.comyoutubeAstroluxNealsgadgetsolight

TheBo
TheBo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 14:52
Posts: 612
Location: OBLIVION, ITALY

go for a cheap one. I have/hade more than 8 different model and had got few burned, but i regretted buying the zy1273. Sure i still use it when i use dash charge for my OP3, but nahhhh, better have 2-3 lying around for hald the price than just one that does nothing special. You could look at one of those with oled like the one freeme mentioned, for 5-7 USD on ali,  basically they are all the same. Or look for the KEWEISI, you can get one of those for  2.8 to 3.5 USD on aliexpress

Also if I may suggest you, the best would be buying the 35W load with OLED screen, it will do the meter and the load, and both togheter at once .

Rufusbduck wrote:
Getting discouraged is normal but doesn't finish the job.
HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7451
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
TheBo wrote:

go for a cheap one. I have/hade more than 8 different model and had got few burned, but i regretted buying the zy1273. Sure i still use it when i use dash charge for my OP3, but nahhhh, better have 2-3 lying around for hald the price than just one that does nothing special. You could look at one of those with oled like the one freeme mentioned, for 5-7 USD on ali,  basically they are all the same. Or look for the KEWEISI, you can get one of those for  2.8 to 3.5 USD on aliexpress


Also if I may suggest you, the best would be buying the 35W load with OLED screen, it will do the meter and the load, and both togheter at once .

That depends on what you need, I mostly use YZX studio models because:
1) They are very precise
2) They show the voltage on the data lines.
3) Can remember mAh, i.e. they can be used to test mAh in power banks.

They have a few other functions, but I do not use them much.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

TheBo
TheBo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 14:52
Posts: 612
Location: OBLIVION, ITALY

Sure everything depends.... 

Also voltage on data lines is shown by all the models /iterations based on the j7 interface. 

mAh are stored on many models to... I could be wrong... I repeat I could remember wrong... But the kcx 017 stores values.... The kaweisi or other with that form factor does too... To be honest I can't remember one of those I had which doesn't. 

 

Regards 

Rufusbduck wrote:
Getting discouraged is normal but doesn't finish the job.
Tinderbox UK
Tinderbox UK's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/26/2016 - 06:17
Posts: 312
Location: England, United Kingdom

Maha C9000 – LaCrosse BC-900 – Floureon BT-C3100 V2.2 – Accumanger 10 and 20 -Thunder AC6 LiitoKala Lii-100 – Cozypony 24W Solar Panel – Soshine H4 – Soshine T2 – Soshine E4S

Lazy-R-us
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/13/2015 - 00:30
Posts: 685
Location: Carolinas, USA

Is there a secret decoder ring for all the different YZXStudio models?

Is there an official ebay store for them? There seems to be a lot of different stores flogging them.

I have had my eye on them for a while, IIRC, there were some that were coming into the US with Chinese UI’s, which is… less than useful for me.

Lazy-R-us

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7451
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Lazy-R-us wrote:
Is there a secret decoder ring for all the different YZXStudio models?

The table in my review compares a couple of models:

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

dodge_911
dodge_911's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 years 5 months ago
Joined: 02/18/2016 - 15:07
Posts: 219
Location: DodgeReviews HQ

Lazy-R-us wrote:
Is there a secret decoder ring for all the different YZXStudio models? Is there an _official_ ebay store for them? There seems to be a lot of different stores flogging them. I have had my eye on them for a while, IIRC, there were some that were coming into the US with Chinese UI's, which is... less than useful for me.

They've got an official TaoBao store. But that's in Chinese and you need an agent to buy stuff on taobao.

Closest thing to an official eBay dealer for YZXStudio stuff is Franky Tong.

 

 

:: YouTube ::
http://bit.ly/dodgereviewsyt
:: Discord ::
http://discord.gg/fqJEDyy
:: Join the Discord ::
we need more BLF'ers!
will34
will34's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 54 min ago
Joined: 12/18/2012 - 00:12
Posts: 4113

Get the YZXStudio ZL1100 if you want the absolute best standalone load tester/discharger. (Doesn’t act as a meter)

ZY1270 is my favorite, has a great display and a micro-USB input to test cable resistance/ voltage drop but it can get clumsy sometimes due to the odd size and form factor. ZY1273 is the smaller version also with dual USB port but lack the microUSB input.

I have tried other cheaper USB meters in the past but the build quality is nowhere near YZX products, specially at the USB male/female connector. They often wear out quickly and tend to add extra resistance, giving you false readings and lower power transfer. I have been using a ZY1265 for years and after several hundreds of reconnects it still works great.

Pulsar
Pulsar's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 months 6 days ago
Joined: 07/29/2011 - 00:41
Posts: 5848
Location: Maine

Still leaning towards the YZXStudio, right now towards the zy1270 I think. Want the meter, and the cable tester is a big plus as I seem to burn through USB cords fast, but wondering if its my phone or the cord…

HKJ, I found one review of this type of device on your site, but I could not track down any others… Your site can be tricky to find stuff some times… But thanks a lot for the chart, very helpful.

HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7451
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Pulsar wrote:
HKJ, I found one review of this type of device on your site, but I could not track down any others… Your site can be tricky to find stuff some times… But thanks a lot for the chart, very helpful.

I have reviews of 5 models. Do a search on the usb page ( http://www.lygte-info.dk/info/indexUSB%20UK.html ) for “ZY”. There are other usb meters on that page, but you will have to browse the list to find them.

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/

joey
joey's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 years 6 months ago
Joined: 07/18/2017 - 22:34
Posts: 10
Location: United States

Hi Sir, I found that you are really active in the power bank topics in the forum. Currently, I have a pretty awesome USB Voltage meter and tester with QC trigger and Power Delivery functions to give away for reviewing and suggestion. If you are interested by any chance, please PM me or email to: geek1108@hotmail.com (link sends e-mail)
Look forward to your reply.
Thanks.

d_t_a
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 41 min ago
Joined: 08/04/2017 - 23:58
Posts: 2664
Location: Manila, Philippines

My first USB meter was the Keweisi KWS-V20 and KWS-V21 (I bought the 2 same time — and basically both are almost exactly the same). Had been using them for a few months, but the current (A) readings sometimes seems to jump around..

While reading more about USB meters, I came across the J7-4T (OLED USB Display Tester) reviewed by HKJ, which I was able to order online (AliExpress). It appears to be a lot more precise than the KWS-V20 and V21. (I haven’t learned about the YZXStudio models yet — which seem to not be readily available in AliExpress — I currently don’t have an eBay account, not sure if they have free shipping to my country..).

So far the J7-4T appears to be serving me well (I have also gotten the ZKE EBD-USB+ after reading the reviews here). Between the 2 of them, they seem to be able to do a lot of measurements. The J7-4T and the EBD-USB+ (metering function) appear to be consistent with each other (unlike the KWS-V20/V21 which can have a bit more ‘jumpy’ readings). I was wondering if the YZXStudio models are a LOT better (more precise/accurate) than the metering functions of the J7-4T and/or EBD-USB+? I don’t have high-end stuff for calibrating and measuring…

Basically I like to do some tests with some stuff (cables, power banks, batteries, etc) from myself or friends and relatives.

TheBo
TheBo's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 01/07/2015 - 14:52
Posts: 612
Location: OBLIVION, ITALY

Mmm just stay with j7

Rufusbduck wrote:
Getting discouraged is normal but doesn't finish the job.
HKJ
HKJ's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 6 hours ago
Joined: 05/24/2011 - 12:23
Posts: 7451
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
d_t_a wrote:
Basically I like to do some tests with some stuff (cables, power banks, batteries, etc) from myself or friends and relatives.

Precision depends on calibration and as you can see in my review the one I got was slightly off in calibration.
The difference between this meter and YZX meters is not really the precision, but more versatility, due to more connectors and a few more measurements (Like cable resistance (Some models) and directly shows what coding is used, not only the voltages).

My website with reviews of many chargers and batteries (More than 1000): https://lygte-info.dk/