Imalent DX80 32000 lumen monster

707 posts / 0 new
Last post
NikolaS
NikolaS's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 02/07/2014 - 13:26
Posts: 1272
Location: intersection of all roads

What’s the highest output you managed to get? And is there a fan under heatsink or not?

Maiden666
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 10/18/2014 - 18:15
Posts: 186
Location: Spain

My highest output its 25401 lumens and 22320 in 30sec. Cool off. But its very probably that my IS its not correct calibrate to this lumens. I explain this here http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1174204#comment-1174204

My result are very very similar in hight mode. The rest of modes have a real problem. When i send my data to Imalent, they say me that are working in this. They resend to me a document whit a HPLED Fast Spectrophotometer Test Report. The Flux are 32160 lumen.

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 1094
Location: Athens Greece.

So,X80,or DX80?
Or rather,X9? Big Smile

WalkIntoTheLight
Offline
Last seen: 8 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/05/2015 - 10:26
Posts: 2231
Location: Canada
Theodore41 wrote:
So,X80,or DX80?

At this point, definitely the X80.

Maiden666
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 10/18/2014 - 18:15
Posts: 186
Location: Spain
Facepalm

My english is very bad. Sorry

MODEL SPEC ON 30 SEC
IMALENT DX80 32000 25401 22320
ACEBEAM X80 25000 22275 18741

Pchri12
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/27/2013 - 02:06
Posts: 117
Location: Queensland, Australia

Maiden666 wrote:
Facepalm

My english is very bad. Sorry

MODEL SPEC ON 30 SEC
IMALENT DX80 32000 25401 22320
ACEBEAM X80 25000 22275 18741

!http://www.juansp.com/media/IMG_2247.JPG!

The dx80 is a beast alright. Still not to unwieldy.

My arsenal from least to most output:

Astrolux A01, Olight H1R, BLF A6, Astrolux C8, Emisar D1, Emisar D1S, Imalent DN35, Olight H2R NW, Original Skyray King, Skyray King 4x XML, Astrolux MF02 NW, BTU Shocker, Emisar D4 XPL Hi, Manker Mk34 Nichia, Trustfire X100 7x XML with kaidomain driver, BLF Q8, Haikelite MT07 xhp70.2 smo,Olight X7 NW, Acebeam X45 NW, Imalent DX80

The_Flashaholic
The_Flashaholic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 2 min ago
Joined: 04/05/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 1217
Location: Wakefield
Theodore41 wrote:
Mitko wrote:
I do hope that they will add a spare driver in that box Smile The heat caused will fry the default one in no time, my DT70 died after only like 10 hours of moderate usage( driver fried)
Good.So I forget them. I hope that my TN36 2017 does not suffer from this… illness. Question

DT70 is a lot more powerful than the TN36UT 2017.

My 4K Lumen Whore Reviews (MS18, X70, MS12, DX80, X80-GT, X45vn etc) - http://www.youtube.com/c/FLASHAHOLIC_TV

Kingjohn
Kingjohn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 09/07/2017 - 16:24
Posts: 170
Location: Austria

@maiden666

How is the dx80 Beam compared to the acebeam X80 ?
Same flood characteristics? Or a little bit more throw?

Pchri12
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/27/2013 - 02:06
Posts: 117
Location: Queensland, Australia

Kingjohn wrote:
@maiden666

How is the dx80 Beam compared to the acebeam X80 ?
Same flood characteristics? Or a little bit more throw?

27kcd vs 160kcd. Throw is in a different league.

My arsenal from least to most output:

Astrolux A01, Olight H1R, BLF A6, Astrolux C8, Emisar D1, Emisar D1S, Imalent DN35, Olight H2R NW, Original Skyray King, Skyray King 4x XML, Astrolux MF02 NW, BTU Shocker, Emisar D4 XPL Hi, Manker Mk34 Nichia, Trustfire X100 7x XML with kaidomain driver, BLF Q8, Haikelite MT07 xhp70.2 smo,Olight X7 NW, Acebeam X45 NW, Imalent DX80

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 1094
Location: Athens Greece.

Pchri12 wrote:
Kingjohn wrote:
@maiden666

How is the dx80 Beam compared to the acebeam X80 ?
Same flood characteristics? Or a little bit more throw?

27kcd vs 160kcd. Throw is in a different league.


I am afraid that after reading some positive reviews I will take one.It will be couple with the GT.
Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 1094
Location: Athens Greece.

I found this writing from Imalent in the FB today.
Imalent Flashlights
Hi everyone, this is just to let you know that we’re grateful to all of you for bearing with us while we work on the DX80 and getting it into your hands at the level of quality that you deserve.

It’s with great sadness that we’ve had to ban a member of our awesome community here. We won’t name any names, but we would like to remind you that this page primarily serves as a place where you guys get to learn, share, and instruct with other members of the Imalent community, and more importantly, the EDC community.

We don’t tolerate swearing, rudeness, and general disrispect, towards our staff or our awesome members.

We’re sorry we have to announce something like this, it’s never fun, but we just want to remind you that courtesy is a small act, but it packs a mighty wallop!

We’re also working on a little something extra for you all guys out there, check out the photo for a “small” teaser

Pchri12
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 09/27/2013 - 02:06
Posts: 117
Location: Queensland, Australia

Theodore41 wrote:
I found this writing from Imalent in the FB today.
Imalent Flashlights
Hi everyone, this is just to let you know that we’re grateful to all of you for bearing with us while we work on the DX80 and getting it into your hands at the level of quality that you deserve.

It’s with great sadness that we’ve had to ban a member of our awesome community here. We won’t name any names, but we would like to remind you that this page primarily serves as a place where you guys get to learn, share, and instruct with other members of the Imalent community, and more importantly, the EDC community.

We don’t tolerate swearing, rudeness, and general disrispect, towards our staff or our awesome members.

We’re sorry we have to announce something like this, it’s never fun, but we just want to remind you that courtesy is a small act, but it packs a mighty wallop!

We’re also working on a little something extra for you all guys out there, check out the photo for a “small” teaser

And? That’s old news. Silly

My arsenal from least to most output:

Astrolux A01, Olight H1R, BLF A6, Astrolux C8, Emisar D1, Emisar D1S, Imalent DN35, Olight H2R NW, Original Skyray King, Skyray King 4x XML, Astrolux MF02 NW, BTU Shocker, Emisar D4 XPL Hi, Manker Mk34 Nichia, Trustfire X100 7x XML with kaidomain driver, BLF Q8, Haikelite MT07 xhp70.2 smo,Olight X7 NW, Acebeam X45 NW, Imalent DX80

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12872
Location: Houston Texas

I’m still waiting for interior pictures. I’d like to see details on the cooling fins. Has anyone seen pics of this?

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

freeme
freeme's picture
Online
Last seen: 4 min 45 sec ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 10435

They should drop the model and go straight to DX90.

1thedeals.comyoutubeAstroluxNealsgadgetsolight

YoFlash
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 11/13/2016 - 16:50
Posts: 18
Location: Norway

With the Imalent campaign giving 28% off on Banggood now, this was just too tempting, even though I have absolutely no use for this.

Winter coming up soon. It will be fun to see how this handles deep sub-zero centigrades up in the Norwegian mountains. Good cooling possibilities.

The Lurker

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12872
Location: Houston Texas

freeme wrote:

They should drop the model and go straight to DX90.


Is that a made up model number or a new design?

Maybe the DX90 is the 2nd generation, improved DX80?

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 1094
Location: Athens Greece.

Pchri12 wrote:
Theodore41 wrote:
I found this writing from Imalent in the FB today.
Imalent Flashlights
Hi everyone, this is just to let you know that we’re grateful to all of you for bearing with us while we work on the DX80 and getting it into your hands at the level of quality that you deserve.

It’s with great sadness that we’ve had to ban a member of our awesome community here. We won’t name any names, but we would like to remind you that this page primarily serves as a place where you guys get to learn, share, and instruct with other members of the Imalent community, and more importantly, the EDC community.

We don’t tolerate swearing, rudeness, and general disrispect, towards our staff or our awesome members.

We’re sorry we have to announce something like this, it’s never fun, but we just want to remind you that courtesy is a small act, but it packs a mighty wallop!

We’re also working on a little something extra for you all guys out there, check out the photo for a “small” teaser

And? That’s old news. Silly


I have seen this only now. Crying
The Miller
The Miller's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 10 months ago
Joined: 12/14/2015 - 12:08
Posts: 9908
Location: Charente France

Gotta love this sentence:
“Courtesy is a small act, but it packs a mighty wallop!”
( it sure about wallup meaning though, still like the sentence for what it clearly means to convey Wink )

Maiden666
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 10/18/2014 - 18:15
Posts: 186
Location: Spain

When i arrive to home (2-3 hours aprox) i will publish part of my review. You can will see beam photos.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12872
Location: Houston Texas

Maiden666 wrote:
When i arrive to home (2-3 hours aprox) i will publish part of my review. You can will see beam photos.

Did you take any pics of the cooling fins?

I’ve seen 2 different fin designs.

With the emitters facing the ceiling, one design has 3 legs dropping down from the shelf and a stack of horizontal plates. This is a bit more complicated but allows air to flow all the way through the light. Nice

The other design had a solid aluminum block under the shelf and several small fins all around the perimeter. This is simpler, but doesn’t let the air flow through the light. Not so good, but decent.

Can you confirm one of these designs?

Thanks

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Kingjohn
Kingjohn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 09/07/2017 - 16:24
Posts: 170
Location: Austria
Maiden666 wrote:
When i arrive to home (2-3 hours aprox) i will publish part of my review. You can will see beam photos.

Christmas is early this year Wink

Maiden666
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 10/18/2014 - 18:15
Posts: 186
Location: Spain

i´ve published the first part of review. When the head of my DX80 Return from china, I will publish the rest.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/56217

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4191
Maiden666 wrote:
i´ve published the first part of review. When the head of my DX80 Return from china, I will publish the rest.

Man, that’s going to take some time…

Maiden666
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 10/18/2014 - 18:15
Posts: 186
Location: Spain

Sorry Facepalm

I have put the correct link now.

http://budgetlightforum.com/node/56217

Franz
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 23 hours ago
Joined: 04/03/2013 - 04:09
Posts: 648
Location: Brasil

Thats a shame!

The light have issues alot, driver, batteries and charger?

So, Im especting a good brand to make a light with ACTIVE cooling and which really WORKS without issues and without excuses “we still work on this”…… So, they made the light and dont swtich on that crapy to know if that realky works? (Assuming they dont have engineers or tecnicians to project a balanced circuit to run without problems)

I have no doubts about the quality and project of imalent now, its priceless bought an expencive thing and dont have that, only the expectative of “we working on it”

Damn!

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 14 hours ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12872
Location: Houston Texas

Imalent has a history of rushing things out the door without proper testing.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Hardusvd70
Hardusvd70's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 38 min ago
Joined: 04/09/2017 - 01:11
Posts: 389
Location: Free State

See message below from Imalent:

 

Hello,

 

We are going to test the DX80 tomorrow the 14th September. We plan to ship between Sep. 25th to 30th.

 

Sorry for the long delay.

Best regards,

 

 

---

 

---- 原邮件信息 ----- 发件人:"> 收件人:imalent <sales@imalent.com>; 发送时间:2017-09-13 13:57:20 主题:RE: Re:Re:Re:Imalent DX80

Hardusvd70

Kingjohn
Kingjohn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 4 weeks ago
Joined: 09/07/2017 - 16:24
Posts: 170
Location: Austria

Hopefully they take their time to do a complete testing!

Theodore41
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 6 days ago
Joined: 02/20/2016 - 12:57
Posts: 1094
Location: Athens Greece.

Hardusvd70 wrote:

See message below from Imalent:


 


Hello,


 


We are going to test the DX80 tomorrow the 14th September. We plan to ship between Sep. 25th to 30th.


 


Sorry for the long delay.


Best regards,


 


 


—-


 


—— 原邮件信息 ——- 发件人:”> 收件人:imalent <sales@imalent.com>; 发送时间:2017-09-13 13:57:20 主题:RE: Re:Re:Re:Imalent DX80


Because I have ordered the light couple of days before,thinking that they ship at 09/30,I look many times at the BG site.Well,today they changed the logo, restock at 09/30,to coming soon ,shipping time 5-8 business days.
hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 46 min ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4191
Theodore41 wrote:
Because I have ordered the light couple of days before,thinking that they ship at 09/30,I look many times at the BG site.Well,today they changed the logo, restock at 09/30,to coming soon ,shipping time 5-8 business days.

Gearbest changed the date to October 14th. I think Imalent needs more time.

Pages