ENEDED

2671 posts / 0 new
Last post
hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4185
JasonWW wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
) 10) Minor gripe with carrier: the four rods are sort of rubberised. When removing the cells, you’re pushing the cell against the two rubberised rods, resulting in resistance due to friction. This makes it difficult to remove the cells. It feels like you have super stiff springs. A different finish of the rods is preferred. An even minor detail of the carrier:
What you could try is to cover the rods with black heat shrink tubing. It will look factory and give a less grippy feel.

My 30Qs are shrink wrapped, and it’s already a tight fit (not too tight; it’s a nice fit).
I suddenly wonder with all these different flashlights with battery carriers, to what extend you can lego these rods with slightly different lengths to accommodate different cell types…

FG1
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 09/21/2017 - 07:41
Posts: 6
Location: Norway

JasonWW wrote:
FG1 wrote:
This is cheap and in stock. Considering this. This must be the first version right?

FG1 wrote:
Ops! Sry I was talking about the aliexpress deal.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Astrolux-MF01-18x-XP-G3-Nichia-21...LED-Flashlight-18650-IPX-7/32832318931.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.40.cOJsuW&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10152_10065_10151_10068_10344_10342_10343_10340_10341_10307_10137_10060_10155_10154_10056_10055_10054_5470020_10059_10532_100031_10099_5460020_10338_10339_10103_10102_5590020_10052_10053_10142_10107_10050_10051_5380020_10171_10326_10084_10083_5370020_10080_10082_10081_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_143_10312_10313_10314_10078_10079_10073,searchweb201603_30,ppcSwitch_5&btsid=4d97b8c3-5235-4e16-82ef-0b1706f0a694&algo_expid=84b60730-8be1-418c-8931-f0243647a822-5&algo_pvid=84b60730-8be1-418c-8931-f0243647a822

I thought I had answered this same question a few days ago, but that was on the Q8 thread. Oops.

Okay, so the Aliexpress store Elfeland is Banggoods store. They do not have any in stock even though they say they do. Dont be fooled. They will take your money and then wait until they get the lights, then ship them out just like Banggood. When they do ship them it will be the newer version just like the Banggood store will ship.

Thanks for the great reply Smile
Is there any ETA on the new version?

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12805
Location: Houston Texas
hIKARInoob wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
hIKARInoob wrote:
) 10) Minor gripe with carrier: the four rods are sort of rubberised. When removing the cells, you’re pushing the cell against the two rubberised rods, resulting in resistance due to friction. This makes it difficult to remove the cells. It feels like you have super stiff springs. A different finish of the rods is preferred. An even minor detail of the carrier:
What you could try is to cover the rods with black heat shrink tubing. It will look factory and give a less grippy feel.

My 30Qs are shrink wrapped, and it’s already a tight fit (not too tight; it’s a nice fit).


I wonder if the rubber coating can be removed? You could sand or scrape it off. Put in an a drill and hold sandpaper to it. Get it to bare metal then add the heatshrink. Just a thought.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4185
JasonWW wrote:
I wonder if the rubber coating can be removed? You could sand or scrape it off. Put in an a drill and hold sandpaper to it. Get it to bare metal then add the heatshrink. Just a thought.

Oh why not. But I personally don’t think it’s worth the effort; it’s not too big of a deal the way it is now. The way I need to remove the cells is a minor inconvenience, and I’ve already figured out a special “technique” so to speak to do so. It’s really more feedback how this product can easily be improved. And it’s also these little things you don’t read about that I would like to share with the community. It’s a bit of a geek thing of course, hehe.

Kingjohn
Kingjohn's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 09/07/2017 - 16:24
Posts: 170
Location: Austria

Now we know the price:
79.-USD

Not the best offer, I think. What do you think?

Besides: only the Cree is available right now.

For 6 dollars more you can also get it at Ali…
For me there is no need to hurry right now.
I think I will wait for first reviews…

Maybe I am a little bit price sensitive..
For 49.- I would probably have bought 2 right away… Wink

Box
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 months ago
Joined: 08/26/2014 - 06:53
Posts: 636
Location: Australia

LOL 49 bucks

hIKARInoob
hIKARInoob's picture
Offline
Last seen: 25 min 8 sec ago
Joined: 08/28/2016 - 08:15
Posts: 4185

- Update 2017/9/27 -

I checked output with cell voltage of 30Q = 3.67V
Ceiling bounce test compared to M43 shows that MF-01 actually produces less in turbo than M43! Turbo output of M43 is constant as a function of cell voltage until about 3.5V.
MF-01 at V = 3.67V has turbo output of about 6250 lumens. Level 4 (=high) output produces about 3800 lumens.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12805
Location: Houston Texas

Kingjohn wrote:
Now we know the price:
79.-USD

Not the best offer, I think. What do you think?


What do other 11k-12k lumen lights sell for?

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Wieselflinkpro
Wieselflinkpro's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 12 hours ago
Joined: 05/21/2015 - 04:34
Posts: 975
Location: Germany - TLF

The old presales price was realy better. For this price I will buy no further MF01 with the other LEDs. I will wait for better price.
And till the german election the Euro is going down. Crying Before it was on a good point near 1.20USD.

mrheosuper
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 09/30/2016 - 12:44
Posts: 1515
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

79$ is not a deal killer, still one of the best bang for buck
i only regret i didnt order soon, when the stock still there Sad

Forgot my pen

JIGHEADWORM
Offline
Last seen: 2 weeks 3 days ago
Joined: 07/02/2017 - 18:04
Posts: 250
Location: Tennessee

Actually it is $78.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 9352

Next month. I was told that new driver is able to generate a few hundred more lumens from it initial test,and flashlight warm slower than earlier batch. 

FG1 wrote:
Thanks for the great reply Smile Is there any ETA on the new version?
silicoon
silicoon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/22/2017 - 11:43
Posts: 125
Location: JAPAN

JasonWW wrote:
FG1 wrote:
This is cheap and in stock. Considering this. This must be the first version right?

FG1 wrote:
Ops! Sry I was talking about the aliexpress deal.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Astrolux-MF01-18x-XP-G3-Nichia-21...LED-Flashlight-18650-IPX-7/32832318931.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.40.cOJsuW&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10152_10065_10151_10068_10344_10342_10343_10340_10341_10307_10137_10060_10155_10154_10056_10055_10054_5470020_10059_10532_100031_10099_5460020_10338_10339_10103_10102_5590020_10052_10053_10142_10107_10050_10051_5380020_10171_10326_10084_10083_5370020_10080_10082_10081_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_143_10312_10313_10314_10078_10079_10073,searchweb201603_30,ppcSwitch_5&btsid=4d97b8c3-5235-4e16-82ef-0b1706f0a694&algo_expid=84b60730-8be1-418c-8931-f0243647a822-5&algo_pvid=84b60730-8be1-418c-8931-f0243647a822

I thought I had answered this same question a few days ago, but that was on the Q8 thread. Oops.

Okay, so the Aliexpress store Elfeland is Banggoods store. They do not have any in stock even though they say they do. Dont be fooled. They will take your money and then wait until they get the lights, then ship them out just like Banggood. When they do ship them it will be the newer version just like the Banggood store will ship.

Please tell me because it is hard to understand.
Aliexpress store Elfeland is not Banggood?
maukka
maukka's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 1 day ago
Joined: 12/31/2015 - 04:15
Posts: 2175
Location: Finland
RollerBoySE wrote:
Maukka: You don’t happen to have a set of VTC6:s, so you could check the output with them?

Brand new batteries (1 cycle) fully charged. Effectively identical results, but a bit more than with the 25Rs, especially at 30 seconds.

VTC5A
0s: 8340 lm
30s: 7940 lm

VTC6
0s: 8320 lm
30s: 7950 lm

EagleShield
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 09/12/2017 - 19:34
Posts: 198
Location: Sweden

silicoon wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
FG1 wrote:
This is cheap and in stock. Considering this. This must be the first version right?

FG1 wrote:
Ops! Sry I was talking about the aliexpress deal.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Astrolux-MF01-18x-XP-G3-Nichia-21...LED-Flashlight-18650-IPX-7/32832318931.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.40.cOJsuW&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10152_10065_10151_10068_10344_10342_10343_10340_10341_10307_10137_10060_10155_10154_10056_10055_10054_5470020_10059_10532_100031_10099_5460020_10338_10339_10103_10102_5590020_10052_10053_10142_10107_10050_10051_5380020_10171_10326_10084_10083_5370020_10080_10082_10081_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_143_10312_10313_10314_10078_10079_10073,searchweb201603_30,ppcSwitch_5&btsid=4d97b8c3-5235-4e16-82ef-0b1706f0a694&algo_expid=84b60730-8be1-418c-8931-f0243647a822-5&algo_pvid=84b60730-8be1-418c-8931-f0243647a822

I thought I had answered this same question a few days ago, but that was on the Q8 thread. Oops.

Okay, so the Aliexpress store Elfeland is Banggoods store. They do not have any in stock even though they say they do. Dont be fooled. They will take your money and then wait until they get the lights, then ship them out just like Banggood. When they do ship them it will be the newer version just like the Banggood store will ship.

Please tell me because it is hard to understand.
Aliexpress store Elfeland is not Banggood?

It’s Astrolux/Thorfire store according to this post

EagleShield
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 1 week ago
Joined: 09/12/2017 - 19:34
Posts: 198
Location: Sweden

But Aliexpress store Elfeland = Astrolux
And Banggood = Astrolux
So Aliexpress store Elfeland = Banggood?

RollerBoySE
RollerBoySE's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 12/13/2014 - 11:23
Posts: 1041
Location: Sweden
maukka wrote:
RollerBoySE wrote:
Maukka: You don’t happen to have a set of VTC6:s, so you could check the output with them?

Brand new batteries (1 cycle) fully charged. Effectively identical results, but a bit more than with the 25Rs, especially at 30 seconds.

VTC5A
0s: 8340 lm
30s: 7940 lm

VTC6
0s: 8320 lm
30s: 7950 lm

Thanks for confirming my own findings that VTC6 (or VTC5A) is the cell of choice for this light.

silicoon
silicoon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/22/2017 - 11:43
Posts: 125
Location: JAPAN

EagleShield wrote:
But Aliexpress store Elfeland = Astrolux
And Banggood = Astrolux
So Aliexpress store Elfeland = Banggood?
Aliexpress is not clear because there is no address or telephone number clearly written.
An announcement with MF01 8th October Star
JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12805
Location: Houston Texas

EagleShield wrote:
But Aliexpress store Elfeland = Astrolux
And Banggood = Astrolux
So Aliexpress store Elfeland = Banggood?

Yes to all.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12805
Location: Houston Texas

EagleShield wrote:
silicoon wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
FG1 wrote:
This is cheap and in stock. Considering this. This must be the first version right?

FG1 wrote:
Ops! Sry I was talking about the aliexpress deal.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Astrolux-MF01-18x-XP-G3-Nichia-21...LED-Flashlight-18650-IPX-7/32832318931.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.40.cOJsuW&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10152_10065_10151_10068_10344_10342_10343_10340_10341_10307_10137_10060_10155_10154_10056_10055_10054_5470020_10059_10532_100031_10099_5460020_10338_10339_10103_10102_5590020_10052_10053_10142_10107_10050_10051_5380020_10171_10326_10084_10083_5370020_10080_10082_10081_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_143_10312_10313_10314_10078_10079_10073,searchweb201603_30,ppcSwitch_5&btsid=4d97b8c3-5235-4e16-82ef-0b1706f0a694&algo_expid=84b60730-8be1-418c-8931-f0243647a822-5&algo_pvid=84b60730-8be1-418c-8931-f0243647a822

I thought I had answered this same question a few days ago, but that was on the Q8 thread. Oops.

Okay, so the Aliexpress store Elfeland is Banggoods store. They do not have any in stock even though they say they do. Dont be fooled. They will take your money and then wait until they get the lights, then ship them out just like Banggood. When they do ship them it will be the newer version just like the Banggood store will ship.

Please tell me because it is hard to understand.
Aliexpress store Elfeland is not Banggood?

It’s Astrolux/Thorfire store according to this post


Thorfire and Astrolux are flashlight brand names. Astrolux is the house brand name used for Banggood products.

Not everyone wants to buy directly from Banggood because you have to set up a special account just for them. But there are many thousands people already signed up to Aliexpress because they sell all kinds of stuff like clothes and jewelry, etc… It’s easy for all those people to buy banggood products through that Elfeland store.

Aliexpress is like Ebay. They sale all kinds of stuff. So banggood decided to have a store there just like a lot of company’s have stores on ebay. Does that make sense?

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

WTF
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 03/05/2017 - 20:13
Posts: 318
freeme wrote:

Next month. I was told that new driver is able to generate a few hundred more lumens from it initial test,and flashlight warm slower than earlier batch

How are they able to do that?

Better inductors, different bin emitters or a completely new driver?

silicoon
silicoon's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 04/22/2017 - 11:43
Posts: 125
Location: JAPAN

JasonWW wrote:
EagleShield wrote:
silicoon wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
FG1 wrote:
This is cheap and in stock. Considering this. This must be the first version right?

FG1 wrote:
Ops! Sry I was talking about the aliexpress deal.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Newest-Astrolux-MF01-18x-XP-G3-Nichia-21...LED-Flashlight-18650-IPX-7/32832318931.html?spm=2114.search0104.3.40.cOJsuW&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_4_10152_10065_10151_10068_10344_10342_10343_10340_10341_10307_10137_10060_10155_10154_10056_10055_10054_5470020_10059_10532_100031_10099_5460020_10338_10339_10103_10102_5590020_10052_10053_10142_10107_10050_10051_5380020_10171_10326_10084_10083_5370020_10080_10082_10081_10110_10111_10112_10113_10114_143_10312_10313_10314_10078_10079_10073,searchweb201603_30,ppcSwitch_5&btsid=4d97b8c3-5235-4e16-82ef-0b1706f0a694&algo_expid=84b60730-8be1-418c-8931-f0243647a822-5&algo_pvid=84b60730-8be1-418c-8931-f0243647a822

I thought I had answered this same question a few days ago, but that was on the Q8 thread. Oops.

Okay, so the Aliexpress store Elfeland is Banggoods store. They do not have any in stock even though they say they do. Dont be fooled. They will take your money and then wait until they get the lights, then ship them out just like Banggood. When they do ship them it will be the newer version just like the Banggood store will ship.

Please tell me because it is hard to understand.
Aliexpress store Elfeland is not Banggood?

It’s Astrolux/Thorfire store according to this post


Aliexpress is like Ebay. They sale all kinds of stuff. So banggood decided to have a store there just like a lot of company’s have stores on ebay. Does that make sense?
Thank you for letting me know Smile
WTF wrote:
freeme wrote:

Next month. I was told that new driver is able to generate a few hundred more lumens from it initial test,and flashlight warm slower than earlier batch

How are they able to do that?
Better inductors, different bin emitters or a completely new driver?

I’m guessing, but copper??
Jtm94
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 9 min ago
Joined: 02/22/2017 - 05:08
Posts: 399
Location: Pennsylvania

Hmm. There’s no way to really make it brighter and run cooler other than just putting in more efficient LEDs. They could just push the drivers harder and make it throttle at a much slower rate or down to a higher brightness.

mrheosuper
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 09/30/2016 - 12:44
Posts: 1515
Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

the light under restocking, again, both versions
Facepalm

Forgot my pen

Sergeantrecrut
Offline
Last seen: 3 years 6 months ago
Joined: 05/19/2017 - 07:09
Posts: 3

Interested in 219C version.

freeme
freeme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 26 min ago
Joined: 11/14/2013 - 22:00
Posts: 9352

Awaiting for new driver update.

mrheosuper wrote:
the light under restocking, again, both versions :FACEPALM:

 

NOTICE:

If your name is already in the list (post #2),you don't have notify me if you wish to swap between tints. Supplied coupon will be valid for both tints anyway.  

hunter1
hunter1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 02/18/2016 - 03:19
Posts: 226
Location: Norway
Hi ..

Some pictures while waiting for the next batch.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12805
Location: Houston Texas

hunter1 wrote:
Hi ..

Some pictures while waiting for the next batch.



Do I assume correctly you have both the CW and NW versions of the DQG?

My CW DQG has a bit of yellow along with a hit of green in it. How does yours compare to the xp-g3 MF01?

Is the MF01 the same or is it more pure white/cooler in color?

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

hunter1
hunter1's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 day 1 hour ago
Joined: 02/18/2016 - 03:19
Posts: 226
Location: Norway

Hi JasonWW.

Yes I have both the CW and the NW DQG.

You are correct, the DQG NW is way more “yellow/greenish” than the MF-01 XP-G3.

The MF-01 is way purer white/cooler in the overall color.
(The hotspot i pure white, dimming out in the edges.)

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 days 1 hour ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12805
Location: Houston Texas

hunter1 wrote:
Hi JasonWW.

Yes I have both the CW and the NW DQG.

You are correct, the DQG NW is way more “yellow/greenish” than the MF-01 XP-G3.

The MF-01 is way purer white/cooler in the overall color.
(The hotspot i pure white, dimming out in the edges.)


I think you’re the second person in this thread who has mistakenly thought I was talking about a neutral white DQG.

I have the cool white DQG. How do the 2 cool white versions you have compare?

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Pages