The There Are No Stupid Questions Thread

1429 posts / 0 new
Last post
Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15474
Location: nyc

Still teeshirt weather here, but I think I’ll put out a biohazard sign so no one’ll bug me.

Just gotta love the mothers who put spiderwebs and lipstick on their babies in carriages, then go trick-or-treating.

Like a baby with 3 teeth in its whole head is gonna eat candy. Yah, right. You know who’s gonna be engorging on “fun-size” candybars that night…

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 10 hours ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 787
Location: Toronto

um…is keeppower the same as LG? cuz i got this as a free gift when i ordered ft03 off of BG, and it says keeppower, but also LG HG2

Bwana
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 02/27/2020 - 06:57
Posts: 427
Location: NEW JERSEY

Here in NJ the governor sent out a complex set of rules he would like followed pertaining to the handing out of candy , going door to door , ect.

I hope it is cold enough for me to break out my gorilla suit . Last year it was too warm .

Starkm32
Starkm32's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 1 week ago
Joined: 03/01/2019 - 11:12
Posts: 440

I thought north country folks were tuff, like polar bears.
Lutherans, correct?

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12856
Location: Houston Texas

niajef wrote:
um…is keeppower the same as LG? cuz i got this as a free gift when i ordered ft03 off of BG, and it says keeppower, but also LG HG2

No, LG makes the battery, Keeppower resells it. Keeppower resells several brands and sometimes adds protection circuits.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 10 hours ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 787
Location: Toronto
JasonWW wrote:
niajef wrote:
um…is keeppower the same as LG? cuz i got this as a free gift when i ordered ft03 off of BG, and it says keeppower, but also LG HG2
No, LG makes the battery, Keeppower resells it. Keeppower resells several brands and sometimes adds protection circuits.

so these ones i linked are just straight up LG batteries? i dont need to worry about it being branded keeppower?

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12856
Location: Houston Texas
niajef wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
niajef wrote:
um…is keeppower the same as LG? cuz i got this as a free gift when i ordered ft03 off of BG, and it says keeppower, but also LG HG2
No, LG makes the battery, Keeppower resells it. Keeppower resells several brands and sometimes adds protection circuits.

so these ones i linked are just straight up LG batteries? i dont need to worry about it being branded keeppower?


This picture, right?

It looks like an OEM LG battery. I don’t know what the connection to Keeppower is. Typically Keeppower will at least rewrap the cell with their name on it. It’s possible you have a fake HG2 cell. The only way to be sure you get genuine cells just to get it from a reputable source. In your case I would try to measure it’s capacity to see if it’s around 3000 mAh (drain only to 2.80v then recharge and should be around 2800 mAh) Try it in some lights. If it works well, keep using it. If you have a clamp style ammeter you can measure the amp draw on turbo and see if it matches what other people have measured. If it’s way less amperage, then it might be a weak fake. If it’s very similar amperage, then it might be legit.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

grin
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 01/05/2019 - 09:15
Posts: 542
Location: Hunter Valley, Australia

Has anyone seen my other sock?

niajef
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 10 hours ago
Joined: 10/18/2020 - 18:23
Posts: 787
Location: Toronto
JasonWW wrote:
niajef wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
niajef wrote:
um…is keeppower the same as LG? cuz i got this as a free gift when i ordered ft03 off of BG, and it says keeppower, but also LG HG2
No, LG makes the battery, Keeppower resells it. Keeppower resells several brands and sometimes adds protection circuits.

so these ones i linked are just straight up LG batteries? i dont need to worry about it being branded keeppower?


This picture, right?

It looks like an OEM LG battery. I don’t know what the connection to Keeppower is. Typically Keeppower will at least rewrap the cell with their name on it. It’s possible you have a fake HG2 cell. The only way to be sure you get genuine cells just to get it from a reputable source. In your case I would try to measure it’s capacity to see if it’s around 3000 mAh (drain only to 2.80v then recharge and should be around 2800 mAh) Try it in some lights. If it works well, keep using it. If you have a clamp style ammeter you can measure the amp draw on turbo and see if it matches what other people have measured. If it’s way less amperage, then it might be a weak fake. If it’s very similar amperage, then it might be legit.

Do BG sell fake batteries? I thought they were pretty legit since they dont have 3rd party sellers. But this being free kinda seems a bit sketchy, altho it is only 1 battery, and i think its for new user’s first order, so its not that unreasonable either

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15474
Location: nyc
grin wrote:
Has anyone seen my other sock?

Yeah, it’s over there.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12856
Location: Houston Texas

niajef wrote:

Do BG sell fake batteries? I thought they were pretty legit since they dont have 3rd party sellers. But this being free kinda seems a bit sketchy, altho it is only 1 battery, and i think its for new user’s first order, so its not that unreasonable either

They do their best to not sell fakes, and if you get one they will refund your money.

This situation seems a bit different because it’s being included for free. Maybe it was sourced by Astrolux to be included with their light? I really don’t know. I wouldn’t worry about it unless it’s performance was bad.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

cabfrank
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 3 days ago
Joined: 11/19/2010 - 17:25
Posts: 3115
Location: healdsburg, california usa earth
Lightbringer wrote:
grin wrote:
Has anyone seen my other sock?

Yeah, it’s over there.

I found it by the spare Tupperware lids.

grin
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 01/05/2019 - 09:15
Posts: 542
Location: Hunter Valley, Australia

I should have looked, it was in there

BurningPlayd0h
BurningPlayd0h's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 15 min ago
Joined: 06/22/2018 - 02:16
Posts: 1784
Location: MN
Starkm32 wrote:
I thought north country folks were tuff, like polar bears. Lutherans, correct?

Lived here my whole life and my blood is at least half Slavic… still hate the cold. Seems like it feels worse every year.

Poot said it best:

Bwana
Offline
Last seen: 14 hours 50 min ago
Joined: 02/27/2020 - 06:57
Posts: 427
Location: NEW JERSEY

I am confused about the prices of double AA penlights vs some of the 18650 rechargeable ones that come with batteries .

I purchased a Sofirn SF13 a while back and I think I paid 10 or 11 bucks for it .

I see on Amazon you can get a 1000 lumen, double OSRAM with a 2600mAh battery for $10.99

It seems the AA’s would be much cheaper or the other much more expensive

Even the better penlights that are 20-30 dollars seem pricy vs the 18650’s that are budget priced and come with batteries .

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Flashlight-Waterproof-Emergency-Flas...

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 3123
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Why do yanks still use the ancient imperial system for measurements?

Will it explode their brains to join the rest of the planet and use the metric system?

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 28 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 15474
Location: nyc

Hey, we have 2ℓ bottles of sody-pop, so there!

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12856
Location: Houston Texas

lionheart_2281 wrote:
Why do yanks still use the ancient imperial system for measurements?

Will it explode their brains to join the rest of the planet and use the metric system?


We use what we’re told to use and what is around us constantly. Same as you. I think any complaints you have should be directed towards the government.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 3123
Location: Brisbane, Australia

JasonWW wrote:
lionheart_2281 wrote:
Why do yanks still use the ancient imperial system for measurements?

Will it explode their brains to join the rest of the planet and use the metric system?


We use what we’re told to use and what is around us constantly. Same as you. I think any complaints you have should be directed towards the government.

Isn’t this a Q and A thread? I’m not complaining, was hoping for an actual answer to my question

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12856
Location: Houston Texas

lionheart_2281 wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
lionheart_2281 wrote:
Why do yanks still use the ancient imperial system for measurements?

Will it explode their brains to join the rest of the planet and use the metric system?


We use what we’re told to use and what is around us constantly. Same as you. I think any complaints you have should be directed towards the government.

Isn’t this a Q and A thread? I’m not complaining, was hoping for an actual answer to my question


I don’t think there’s anyone from the US government on this forum that can answer you.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 3123
Location: Brisbane, Australia

JasonWW wrote:
lionheart_2281 wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
lionheart_2281 wrote:
Why do yanks still use the ancient imperial system for measurements?

Will it explode their brains to join the rest of the planet and use the metric system?


We use what we’re told to use and what is around us constantly. Same as you. I think any complaints you have should be directed towards the government.

Isn’t this a Q and A thread? I’m not complaining, was hoping for an actual answer to my question


I don’t think there’s anyone from the US government on this forum that can answer you.

Damn, thought I might find Arnold Schwarzenegger or Kanye West on here…

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12856
Location: Houston Texas

lionheart_2281 wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
lionheart_2281 wrote:
JasonWW wrote:
lionheart_2281 wrote:
Why do yanks still use the ancient imperial system for measurements?

Will it explode their brains to join the rest of the planet and use the metric system?


We use what we’re told to use and what is around us constantly. Same as you. I think any complaints you have should be directed towards the government.

Isn’t this a Q and A thread? I’m not complaining, was hoping for an actual answer to my question


I don’t think there’s anyone from the US government on this forum that can answer you.

Damn, thought I might find Arnold Schwarzenegger or Kanye West on here…


Yep, it’s not a question that can be answered by the citizens.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Robin Dobbie
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 hours ago
Joined: 04/30/2019 - 12:49
Posts: 1144
Location: Texas

How come using a propane torch at full throttle to kill weeds isn’t nearly as wild and fast as it sounds like it should be?

The instant you put a flame to some weeds, the root cluster is glowing, and the flame is loud as a jet. Not really, but it’s loud enough ear plugs would totally be a good idea. Goggles mandatory. But then when you turn the torch off and see how little destruction actually happened, any fun just evaporates.

Josen for young
Josen for young's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 weeks 4 hours ago
Joined: 10/25/2020 - 22:16
Posts: 20
Location: Aichi-ken
Beer

Wurkkos Directの日本担当メタです。
よろしくお願いします。

コラボなどのお問い合わせ:
beyondyoungmoon@gmail.com

anonymous_user
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 59 min ago
Joined: 05/23/2019 - 21:59
Posts: 342
Location: CA, USA

Bwana wrote:
I am confused about the prices of double AA penlights vs some of the 18650 rechargeable ones that come with batteries .

I purchased a Sofirn SF13 a while back and I think I paid 10 or 11 bucks for it .

I see on Amazon you can get a 1000 lumen, double OSRAM with a 2600mAh battery for $10.99

It seems the AA’s would be much cheaper or the other much more expensive

Even the better penlights that are 20-30 dollars seem pricy vs the 18650’s that are budget priced and come with batteries .

https://www.amazon.com/Rechargeable-Flashlight-Waterproof-Emergency-Flas...


I have no idea how legit that light and battery are but there are a lot of products that can be made and sold dirt cheap if you don’t care about the quality or brand. Here is a pack of penlights (no batteries though) for about $18:

https://smile.amazon.com/Medical-Flashlight-Light-Doctor-Penlight/dp/B07...

Its cheap as hell but doesn’t mean I’d want it for personal use.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 33 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12856
Location: Houston Texas

Robin Dobbie wrote:
How come using a propane torch at full throttle to kill weeds isn’t nearly as wild and fast as it sounds like it should be?

The instant you put a flame to some weeds, the root cluster is glowing, and the flame is loud as a jet. Not really, but it’s loud enough ear plugs would totally be a good idea. Goggles mandatory. But then when you turn the torch off and see how little destruction actually happened, any fun just evaporates.


The water content in weeds is very high. Water doesn’t like to burn.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Robin Dobbie
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 hours ago
Joined: 04/30/2019 - 12:49
Posts: 1144
Location: Texas

Right right right, but it’s got to be more about the flow of air and the flame just not being able to penetrate and get to the base of the weeds. It’s only like an inch and a half from the base of the roots to where I trimmed them. But it’s just not getting in there unless I hang around one spot so long it would take hours and gallons of propane just to do the driveway. I guess I’ll try solarization or something. I thought that was the slow way. But as long as the driveway is it might be the easy/smart way.

roostre
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 53 min ago
Joined: 03/09/2020 - 23:37
Posts: 242
Location: Pac. NW

I use a propane torch on graveled areas instead of herbicides to avoid chemicals.

I only singe the weeds very quickly with the torch and that is enough to kill the exposed foliage from the interior moisture in the weed bursting the plant's cells.

The weeds do grow back since the roots do not heat up enough to be killed but after a few times getting the foliage's attention with the torch about once a week the weeds do seem to eventually die.

How many flashlights does a "real man" need?

None, real men are not afraid of the dark.

Robin Dobbie
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 3 hours ago
Joined: 04/30/2019 - 12:49
Posts: 1144
Location: Texas

Ok so a quick singe and then just repeat weekly. I’ll try it.

lionheart_2281
lionheart_2281's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 10/25/2012 - 18:32
Posts: 3123
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Robin Dobbie wrote:
Ok so a quick singe and then just repeat weekly. I’ll try it.

Or a single squirt of Round Up lol…

Pages