Lexels driver compilation

325 posts / 0 new
Last post

Pages

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12858
Location: Houston Texas

HiTiT wrote:
Do you have any 1S + e-switch driver tor 6V LEDs ?

1S would imply a 3 volt led.
Are you asking for a Boost driver?

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

HiTiT
Offline
Last seen: 7 months 3 weeks ago
Joined: 06/30/2012 - 18:12
Posts: 106
Location: Israel

Yep, I need a boost driver with an e-switch option.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12858
Location: Houston Texas

HiTiT wrote:
Yep, I need a boost driver with an e-switch option.

I don’t believe he is offering any.

MTN Elec offers Boost drivers, but not with E-switch.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

merlot
Online
Last seen: 3 min 46 sec ago
Joined: 10/17/2020 - 21:25
Posts: 48
Location: UK
HiTiT wrote:
Do you have any 1S + e-switch driver tor 6V LEDs ?

Convoy has one, its used in the m21c-u with an xhp70.2

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12858
Location: Houston Texas
merlot wrote:
HiTiT wrote:
Do you have any 1S + e-switch driver tor 6V LEDs ?

Convoy has one, its used in the m21c-u with an xhp70.2


I see a couple of boost drivers with e switch. One is 22mm.

Convoy flashlight Store
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mtmpwgH

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

SVARO
Offline
Last seen: 9 months 4 days ago
Joined: 01/13/2016 - 05:39
Posts: 15
Location: France

Pm sent

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 47 min ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 14627
Location: LI NY

Just fyi for those posting/pm'ing to Lexel: he's had recent health issues, in the hospital I believe. He was back for a while, but he hasn't been on BLF in the last week or so. Hope all is well.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12858
Location: Houston Texas

Tom E wrote:

Just fyi for those posting/pm’ing to Lexel: he’s had recent health issues, in the hospital I believe. He was back for a while, but he hasn’t been on BLF in the last week or so. Hope all is well.


Man, it’s been 5 months. I’m not getting a good feeling. Hopefully he’s just taking a sabbatical from the forum.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2047
Location: New Zealand

I was wondering the same thing a couple days ago. Does anyone know Lexel?

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2047
Location: New Zealand
CNCman wrote:
Does not sound good, our only driver man MIA. I should have purchased more MTO9R, GT70, GT90 drivers last year. Facepalm

We don’t care about his health, just that fact we need drivers, right?

I’m messing with you

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

Robin Dobbie
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 4 days ago
Joined: 04/30/2019 - 12:49
Posts: 1144
Location: Texas

If anyone can put together a search party, it should be us. I mean…

Zappaman
Zappaman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 6 days ago
Joined: 01/01/2018 - 23:27
Posts: 791
Location: Kansas

I have PM’ed him several times the last few months… no reply. He is in icon and we all miss him and wonder how he is. I hope Stefan is doing whatever he can to be happy in any case.

ZappaMan

2A
Offline
Last seen: 3 months 2 days ago
Joined: 05/18/2020 - 09:57
Posts: 569
Location: quarantained

I hope he is well or getting well soon.
There are quite a few members from his area, I believe. But not sure if they know him in person.

Lux-Perpetua
Lux-Perpetua's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 42 min ago
Joined: 03/01/2018 - 04:39
Posts: 3184

If you google for his real name you get some of his contact details (address, phone number, e-mail, Facebook account). Maybe someone who is in close relationship with him could try reaching out for him. OTOH, maybe it's better to not disturb him? I don't know.

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 47 min ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 14627
Location: LI NY

Don't think I have an email. All I know is he confided in me he had relatively long stay or stays in the hospital but didn't go into any details. It's scary form what I know of him - he's obviously very dedicated to this hobby, or business, and how he got all this stuff done in such a short amount of time meant great dedication -- hope it wasn't the cause. I assumed it was more of an effect.

JaredM
JaredM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 45 min ago
Joined: 10/31/2011 - 13:33
Posts: 2115
Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/74267

Looks like he commented 5 times that day 9-4. Only one (his last) post since then came a month or so later. I really hope he is okay and just keeping the distance needed to recover from whatever he’s dealing with.

Tom E
Tom E's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 47 min ago
Joined: 08/19/2012 - 08:23
Posts: 14627
Location: LI NY

Ok, so he made it public -- wasn't aware of that thread. That's basically what he told me.

CNCman
CNCman's picture
Offline
Last seen: 13 hours 10 min ago
Joined: 04/07/2018 - 10:10
Posts: 1184
Location: Mississippi Gulf Coast
Funtastic wrote:
CNCman wrote:
Does not sound good, our only driver man MIA. I should have purchased more MTO9R, GT70, GT90 drivers last year. Facepalm

We don’t care about his health, just that fact we need drivers, right?

I’m messing with you


.
I am concerned for his wellness first. I apologize for any coldness my words presented.
I have been trying since last yr to get in touch with Lexel with no success.
He had mentioned a contract he was considering that would consume his time, so I’m guessing that is a possible reason for his absence.
I have several lights with his drivers, so we have been in contact many times.
Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2047
Location: New Zealand
JasonWW wrote:

Hey Jason,

Sooo, Matt Gill (Flashaholic) has basically said my calibrated tube is useless. I see you have both a tube and a sphere, how would you respond?

I noted that his Sofirn SF47T max lumens were way higher than mine, in which he said the above. His box is only calibrated to the X80GT and Convoy S2+ readings by Maukka, but not the same one they tested, so given no two lights will read exactly the same his could be way out.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

Mark M
Mark M's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 11 hours ago
Joined: 06/28/2018 - 04:55
Posts: 492

I remember him being disappointed by the numbers he was getting so he modified his tube to match the numbers certain manufacturers were claiming.

JasonWW
JasonWW's picture
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 4 min ago
Joined: 10/22/2016 - 11:41
Posts: 12858
Location: Houston Texas

Funtastic wrote:

Hey Jason,

Sooo, Matt Gill (Flashaholic) has basically said my calibrated tube is useless. I see you have both a tube and a sphere, how would you respond?

I noted that his Sofirn SF47T max lumens were way higher than mine, in which he said the above. His box is only calibrated to the X80GT and Convoy S2+ readings by Maukka, but not the same one they tested, so given no two lights will read exactly the same his could be way out.


He’s so hated here on BLF because of how he acted a couple years ago. Here’s something I wrote about a year ago:

“He bought a Lumen Tube from Texas_Ace on ebay. Didn’t understand how to use it (he didn’t know much about flashlights back then), wouldn’t listen to anyone try to explain it and help him out. He declared the Lumen Tube was faulty and demanded a refund. He was offered a refund if he removed the negative feed back. He agreed to this, he got his refund then decided to keep the negative feedback just to spite TA. BLF members were already tired of his constant arguing and the feedback thing was the final straw. He changed his name and stayed off BLF for a while.”

Back then he bought a convoy S2+ from a store instead of a calibrated one from maukka. Did he actually buy a calibrated test light since then? IDK, I doubt it. I helped him design a larger, ice chest style sphere using parts from TA’s Lumen tube so he could test larger lights, but I don’t think he ever understood the principles involved and how to measure output. He’s such and argumentative, arrogant pri** I don’t try to help him any more. I don’t what his current setup is as I’ve not had any association with him in over a year. Maybe he got serious about it, learned a lot more and made upgrades, but I doubt it. I would not take any of his measurements seriously.

PS, Seeing as how he’s still sh!tting on TA’s Lumen Tube he doesn’t seem to have learned anything.

Texas Ace Lumen Tube and JoshK Sphere calibrated with Maukka lights

Click this to go to signature links. I'm still around, just not reading many new threads.

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2047
Location: New Zealand

JasonWW wrote:
He’s so hated here on BLF because of how he acted a couple years ago. Here’s something I wrote about a year ago:

“He bought a Lumen Tube from Texas_Ace on ebay. Didn’t understand how to use it (he didn’t know much about flashlights back then), wouldn’t listen to anyone try to explain it and help him out. He declared the Lumen Tube was faulty and demanded a refund. He was offered a refund if he removed the negative feed back. He agreed to this, he got his refund then decided to keep the negative feedback just to spite TA. BLF members were already tired of his constant arguing and the feedback thing was the final straw. He changed his name and stayed off BLF for a while.”

Back then he bought a convoy S2+ from a store instead of a calibrated one from maukka. Did he actually buy a calibrated test light since then? IDK, I doubt it. I helped him design a larger, ice chest style sphere using parts from TA’s Lumen tube so he could test larger lights, but I don’t think he ever understood the principles involved and how to measure output. He’s such and argumentative, arrogant pri** I don’t try to help him any more. I don’t what his current setup is as I’ve not had any association with him in over a year. Maybe he got serious about it, learned a lot more and made upgrades, but I doubt it. I would not take any of his measurements seriously.

PS, Seeing as how he’s still sh!tting on TA’s Lumen Tube he doesn’t seem to have learned anything.

Strangely I was never notified off your reply.

Thank you for replying, I had since contacted TA and he explained what happened, but not as well as you have.

Matt went as far to say that TA scammed him with a tube that didn’t work and he made TA promise that he’ll never sell them anymore.

I had to ask 3-4 times how he calibrated his light box for him to answer, he avoided the question every time until finally saying it’s not calibrated by any maukka light. He has used measurements from other members and applied them to his own lights. No two will give the same numbers, so it’s entirely unreliable to say it’s accurate.

Get this, he still uses his phone to measure the candela for his reviews, told me it’s just as accurate as a meter

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

raccoon city
raccoon city's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 10/06/2010 - 02:35
Posts: 16851
Location: रॅकून सिटी Palm Desert CA USA

Funtastic wrote:

Strangely I was never notified off your reply.

Are you subscribed to this thread?

(You will never be notified just because someone quotes you on BLF.)

Funtastic
Funtastic's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 19 min ago
Joined: 06/26/2014 - 02:14
Posts: 2047
Location: New Zealand
raccoon city wrote:

Funtastic wrote:

Strangely I was never notified off your reply.


Are you subscribed to this thread?


(You will never be notified just because someone quotes you on BLF.)

Yes, I’m subbed, that’s how I came back as I was having a clean out. I have it set on auto sub whenever I comment on a thread

Texas Ace Lumen Tube calibrated with maukka lights

New Zealand store – https://www.piercingthedarkness.co.nz (NZ customers only)

YouTube channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIUWi2vYp4CWrRkOJM70t_w/videos (Demos for my customers, and reviews)

Pages