Massive fraud on 18650s in the Littokala Aliexpress stores!

905 posts / 0 new
Last post
praveendk
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/12/2015 - 16:15
Posts: 80
WalkIntoTheLight wrote:
praveendk wrote:
I have 30 Q’s button tops with two vents/legs purchased from liion wholesale.But I am guessing that’s because liion wholesale welds the button on the 30Q cell.

Yeah, button-tops are just over-wraps of flat-top cells, so unless you unwrap the outer layer and pull off the welded button, then you can’t compare it to a genuine cell.

The fact that I bought these from liion wholesale,I don’t have to go through the trouble of a tear down and be at peace

Dimking
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2013 - 12:52
Posts: 227
Location: SW Russia

So guys, I opened a dispute with Aliexpress and attached the test pics above. Look what I’ve got. (it was a table)

Problems with the order Judgement from AE
resistance does not match Valid – –
Print letters problem Valid – –
counterfeit goods Invalid

The seller has provided the authorization file from the brand owner / purchase invoice to proved the item was original Since the seller has provided the authorization file from the brand owner / purchase invoice to proved the item was original, we would like you to provide counter evidences as the official inspection statement from the brand owner. “

So what are these cells?

WalkIntoTheLight
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/05/2015 - 10:26
Posts: 2231
Location: Canada

Dimking wrote:
So guys, I opened a dispute with Aliexpress and attached the test pics above. Look what I’ve got. (it was a table)

Problems with the order Judgement from AE
resistance does not match Valid – –
Print letters problem Valid – –
counterfeit goods Invalid

The seller has provided the authorization file from the brand owner / purchase invoice to proved the item was original Since the seller has provided the authorization file from the brand owner / purchase invoice to proved the item was original, we would like you to provide counter evidences as the official inspection statement from the brand owner. “

So what are these cells?

Obviously, they are genuine fake cells.

jch10400
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 day ago
Joined: 07/28/2016 - 06:38
Posts: 252
Location: California

Dimking wrote:
So guys, I opened a dispute with Aliexpress and attached the test pics above. Look what I’ve got. (it was a table)

Problems with the order Judgement from AE
resistance does not match Valid – –
Print letters problem Valid – –
counterfeit goods Invalid

The seller has provided the authorization file from the brand owner / purchase invoice to proved the item was original Since the seller has provided the authorization file from the brand owner / purchase invoice to proved the item was original, we would like you to provide counter evidences as the official inspection statement from the brand owner. “

So what are these cells?

Too bad you can’t ask AE to provide a certification from a forensic document examiner regarding the purchase invoice from the “brand owner”.

led4power
led4power's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 16 min ago
Joined: 12/29/2012 - 09:48
Posts: 1342
Location: Croatia,EU

They could indeed buy 100-200pcs original cells and show that invoice as proof every time someone opens dispute for selling fake cells (1000s of them).

Dimking
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 51 min ago
Joined: 01/16/2013 - 12:52
Posts: 227
Location: SW Russia

Ali offered either a 30% refund or returning the things (at my cost, of course) and full refund. Obviously, I agreed to the first option.

Agro
Agro's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 6945
Location: Ślōnsk

I think someone reported buying genuine cells from them. So they didn’t have to buy them just to be able to show invoices. It’s natural that they had it from before they turned rogue.
And, BTW, they didn’t show invoice in my VTC5A case.

Petr J.
Petr J.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 weeks ago
Joined: 05/20/2018 - 10:07
Posts: 385
Location: CZ
led4power wrote:

They could indeed buy 100-200pcs original cells and show that invoice as proof every time someone opens dispute for selling fake cells (1000s of them).

Of course it does. In every trading. Buy 1000 pieces original from the manufacturer. Sell 100,000 fake and proof of purchase invoice for original goods.

Dimking wrote:
Ali offered either a 30% refund or returning the things (at my cost, of course) and full refund. Obviously, I agreed to the first option.

As I’ve already written. My tactic was to apply for a partial refund (50%). It was clear to me that my success in the dispute would be much higher than when I asked for a 100% refund. As it turned out, it was right.
everydaysurvivalgear
everydaysurvivalgear's picture
Offline
Last seen: 7 hours 36 min ago
Joined: 07/31/2015 - 10:25
Posts: 3765
Location: sydney australia (GMT+10)

I haven’t read back through this whole thread but some issues may stem from the fact that you are buying buttons tops which are notorious at giving bad resistance readings.

I was quoted at around 2.50-3 USD for the whole price per each 30Q cell when i checked and i can only imagine Liitokala would get an even better price then me.

Also keep in mind that SDI do have a warehouse in China so some cells are made in China. For all we know Liitoakala could be ordering button tops straight from the factory thus the setup is different?

wstrachan
Offline
Last seen: 1 week 1 day ago
Joined: 02/19/2016 - 02:30
Posts: 647

I received Paypal refund at “no cost to the seller due to circumstances” for two of my three battery orders. The third, I must not have paid by paypal (accidental). Aliexpress reported the seller would accept return and refund. The problem is the shipping costs to China from the US are cost prohibitive. Both the seller and Aliexpress know this.
I am glad the order I didn’t get refunded was low value.
No more batteries from Aliexpress. In fact, out of the 7 orders i have placed with them, 4 have been very problematic. No more Aliexpress for me, ever.

light addict....yeah I've got the bug.

Atrolux MF02_O2S
Imalent DT70
Emissar (All Models)
Lumintop ODL20C
Wuben A21 & T70
thrunite tn32 ut
acebeam k60
many, many others...

XXX-Man
XXX-Man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 07/02/2016 - 04:50
Posts: 881
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Aliexpress judgment is my claim if invalid and they say “This is the brand name of the battery chip, the chip brand name is samsung not the product brand name.”
What a bunch of ******* Angry

“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.” - Isaac Asimov

 

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied – chains us all, irrevocably."

 

My reviews:

Sofirn SF36 /// Thorfire VG10S /// Sofirn C8F /// Zanflare F1

justanotherguy
Offline
Last seen: 55 min 14 sec ago
Joined: 11/26/2012 - 22:11
Posts: 1080
Location: NW

I am hesitant to use this outfit for anything now…

patmurris
patmurris's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/22/2014 - 15:54
Posts: 1715
Location: Nice, France

I have followed most of this thread and get the feeling NOT to buy cells from Liitokala… But which store?

I’ve had good cells from Liitokala so i’m a bit confused.
What’s the bottom line of all this?
What’s the best deal these days for 30Qs or VTC6? Which shop outside the US?

fuzun
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/11/2017 - 13:37
Posts: 198

XXX-Man wrote:
Aliexpress judgment is my claim if invalid and they say “This is the brand name of the battery chip, the chip brand name is samsung not the product brand name.”
What a bunch of ******* Angry

Aliexpress only looks to this part if you open a dispute stating “Counterfeit Products” :

In this case brand name is Liitokala, and they are “authentic” Liitokala batteries. This is a newer tactic that has been used for a while by Aliexpress sellers.

But people search 30q like “Samsung 30q batteries”. To show up on search results, clever sellers like Liitokala write “for Samsung” in their item name.

This whole scenario does not necessarily mean that the battery is fake. I have received original Liitokala branded 30Q batteries and they were original Samsung 30q (Months ago). Nonetheless, you need to watch out products coming from suspicious Chinese sellers.

maukka
maukka's picture
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/31/2015 - 04:15
Posts: 2175
Location: Finland
patmurris wrote:
I have followed most of this thread and get the feeling NOT to buy cells from Liitokala… But which store?

This is of course just one sample, but my Liitokala 30Qs from the GlobalPower Co., LT Store were genuine with excellent performance. The wrapper is very different from the ones posted in this thread.

ActiveAl
ActiveAl's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/27/2018 - 03:14
Posts: 575
Location: Central Florida

patmurris wrote:
I have followed most of this thread and get the feeling NOT to buy cells from Liitokala... But which store? I've had good cells from Liitokala so i'm a bit confused. What's the bottom line of all this? What's the best deal these days for 30Qs or VTC6? Which shop outside the US?

 

To my first hand knowledge, The Liitokala Factory Store is selling fake 30Qs.  I can recommend Orbtronics for 30Qs, but there are other good stores as well. 

 

Edit: Fozun, I don't know what Ali store you're talking about, but note the excerpt below from the Liitokala Factory Store 30Q product page: - which is a bold faced lie.

1. Battery Item Specifics:

Brand Name: Samsung

Model: ICR1850-30Q

 

 

fuzun
Offline
Last seen: 10 months 1 week ago
Joined: 02/11/2017 - 13:37
Posts: 198
ActiveAl wrote:

patmurris wrote:
I have followed most of this thread and get the feeling NOT to buy cells from Liitokala… But which store? I’ve had good cells from Liitokala so i’m a bit confused. What’s the bottom line of all this? What’s the best deal these days for 30Qs or VTC6? Which shop outside the US?

 


To my first hand knowledge, The Liitokala Factory Store is selling fake 30Qs.  I can recommend Orbtronics for 30Qs, but there are other good stores as well. 


 


Edit: Fozun, I don’t know what Ali store you’re talking about, but note the excerpt below from the Liitokala Factory Store 30Q product page: – which is a bold lie.


1. Battery Item Specifics:


Brand Name: Samsung


Model: ICR1850-30Q


 

 

Yes, it is a lie. But as I said, Aliexpress does not care about anything written in description area if “Counterfeit product” is selected for the dispute.

From your link:

So if you want to open a dispute for fake cells, make sure not to select “Counterfeit” option. It will lead your dispute having at least 1 invalid claim.

justanotherguy
Offline
Last seen: 55 min 14 sec ago
Joined: 11/26/2012 - 22:11
Posts: 1080
Location: NW

it’s very telling to me how they phrase things… Grammatically off, but it seems they want you to believe these are Samsung 30q cells from Liitokala factory store…
but then they fall back on the brand name is liitokala for 30q?
Interestingly enough, I peeled back the littokala sticker on “their” brand of battery.. Printed in the same font as every else… Samsung.. The label was applied to cover that part up

XXX-Man
XXX-Man's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 8 min ago
Joined: 07/02/2016 - 04:50
Posts: 881
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

Funny thing is I ordered from this store before and I got genuine cells.

Sadly aliexpress is only way to buy at normal prices Crying

“The saddest aspect of life right now is that science gathers knowledge faster than society gathers wisdom.” - Isaac Asimov

 

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied – chains us all, irrevocably."

 

My reviews:

Sofirn SF36 /// Thorfire VG10S /// Sofirn C8F /// Zanflare F1

WalkIntoTheLight
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/05/2015 - 10:26
Posts: 2231
Location: Canada

I’ve bought from the Sunway Store on Aliexpress, and got genuine cells. I would not risk it again anytime soon, though, as I suspect these counterfeits are making their way into more than just the Factory Store. Ali is really hit & miss. I’ve had good luck, and I’ve had horrible luck.

deleted-200707
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 6 months ago
Joined: 12/16/2015 - 13:27
Posts: 1640
Location: mod-X

can’t believe that anyone would buy from Aliexpress again
just opt out and avoid headaches induced by greed

justanotherguy
Offline
Last seen: 55 min 14 sec ago
Joined: 11/26/2012 - 22:11
Posts: 1080
Location: NW

I’m going to go with Simon and Convoy lights..
I might order a red white and blue, make one patriot and sell the mismatched ones off at a discount..

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 5622
Location: Canada

Guys, if you want some real legit stores that I have ordered from, I would recommend the liitokala Official Store and Sunway store since I have bought cells from them, and confirmed they were legit.

I bought 6× 30Qs from the Sunway store:
https://sunway.aliexpress.com/store/3173029?spm=2114.search0104.3.5.1848...

I bought 6x LG F1L from the liitokala Official Store:
https://liitokalahongkong.aliexpress.com/store/217753?spm=2114.12010615/...

That liitokala Official Store is the REAL one. All others can be considered much more risky to order from.

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs Gen 3:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67401
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

Agro
Agro's picture
Online
Last seen: 1 min 38 sec ago
Joined: 05/14/2017 - 11:16
Posts: 6945
Location: Ślōnsk

chinooker wrote:
can’t believe that anyone would buy from Aliexpress again
just opt out and avoid headaches induced by greed

Greed? Maybe. But I’m overspending on this hobby already and I prefer to cut costs by buying cheap as opposed to not buying.
It causes some headaches. But it’s worth it for me.

Will not buy from that store again. Will buy from other stores though.

joechina
Offline
Last seen: 6 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 03/05/2016 - 08:23
Posts: 1459
Location: Germany

The liitokala Official Store has now also 30Q pictures with four wings as product pics.

And sb. from Poland acknowledge getting 4 wings 30Q.

Petr J.
Petr J.'s picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 year 2 weeks ago
Joined: 05/20/2018 - 10:07
Posts: 385
Location: CZ

I bought the batteries here. Video and Photos on page 12.

http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1346875#comment-1346875

patmurris
patmurris's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/22/2014 - 15:54
Posts: 1715
Location: Nice, France

BlueSwordM wrote:
Guys, if you want some real legit stores that I have ordered from, I would recommend the liitokala Official Store and Sunway store since I have bought cells from them, and confirmed they were legit.

I bought 6× 30Qs from the Sunway store:
https://sunway.aliexpress.com/store/3173029?spm=2114.search0104.3.5.1848...

Well… $29 for 4×30Qs is not exactly a good deal.

From EU i’d rather buy from Nkon.nl.
https://eu.nkon.nl/rechargeable/18650-size/samsung-inr-18650-30q-3000mah...

WalkIntoTheLight
Offline
Last seen: 11 months 2 weeks ago
Joined: 12/05/2015 - 10:26
Posts: 2231
Location: Canada

patmurris wrote:
BlueSwordM wrote:
Guys, if you want some real legit stores that I have ordered from, I would recommend the liitokala Official Store and Sunway store since I have bought cells from them, and confirmed they were legit.

I bought 6× 30Qs from the Sunway store:
https://sunway.aliexpress.com/store/3173029?spm=2114.search0104.3.5.1848...

Well… $29 for 4×30Qs is not exactly a good deal.

It is if it’s about the only place that will ship (and free, too). I’ve got the VTC6’s from that store earlier this year, and they’re genuine (cheaper than the 30Q’s for some reason, too). If you factor in shipping (free), it’s a decent deal.

Personally, I’d avoid the 30Q’s from anywhere on Ali, until the mess with the fakes is sorted out. Maybe the fakes aren’t in every store, but if the Official Store is showing the 4-prong fakes, it has me concerned.

BlueSwordM
BlueSwordM's picture
Offline
Last seen: 4 hours 12 min ago
Joined: 11/29/2017 - 12:34
Posts: 5622
Location: Canada

@patmurris, I ordered from them when there a sale.

That sale is over, and prices are back up.

And of course if you are from the Eu I would order from nkon. However, in Canada, we have almost nothing.

My very own high current Beryllium Copper springs Gen 3:
http://budgetlightforum.com/node/67401
Liitokala Aliexpress Stores Battery Fraud: http://budgetlightforum.com/node/60547

patmurris
patmurris's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 months 1 week ago
Joined: 12/22/2014 - 15:54
Posts: 1715
Location: Nice, France

WalkIntoTheLight wrote:
patmurris wrote:
BlueSwordM wrote:
Guys, if you want some real legit stores that I have ordered from, I would recommend the liitokala Official Store and Sunway store since I have bought cells from them, and confirmed they were legit.

I bought 6× 30Qs from the Sunway store:
https://sunway.aliexpress.com/store/3173029?spm=2114.search0104.3.5.1848...

Well… $29 for 4×30Qs is not exactly a good deal.

It is if it’s about the only place that will ship (and free, too). I’ve got the VTC6’s from that store earlier this year, and they’re genuine (cheaper than the 30Q’s for some reason, too). If you factor in shipping (free), it’s a decent deal.

BlueSwordM wrote:
@patmurris, I ordered from them when there a sale.

That sale is over, and prices are back up.

And of course if you are from the Eu I would order from nkon. However, in Canada, we have almost nothing.

Sorry, i forgot to factor in the shipping problem with some parts of the world… So far we have been rather lucky over here.

Pages