Lumintop GT micro

756 posts / 0 new
Last post
10fp
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 03/29/2017 - 02:06
Posts: 103
Location: down under
nuemtol wrote:
To the lumintop sales guy: lower your prices and I’ll buy a gt micro & gt mini. Or fix your quality control and customer service problems.

yep around $26 usd works for me too , other wise theres too many other options , like C8+ sst40 for $20

BLF A6 S2+ SST40, GT Micro
a few C8`s , C8+ SST40, M21A SST40
HS 802, dd SST20 5k @4.6 amps,
P30,
Emisar D1S xp-g2 dd S4 2b
EC01
S70s,
UT02 - 5 amps and luv it ! with E2 3C
Klarus G35
Maxtoch New Sniper M24 dd U3
MF02 ,
FT03 SST40
Emisar K1

i think iv got it covered ! Wish list SP70 , SP36 BLF

BobbyRS
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/27/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 68
Location: USA

For what you get for the money, it is hard to beat the C8+ sst40 for under $20, that’s for sure. However, I do feel that a more apples to apples comparison would be the C8+ vs the GT Mini and not the Micro. The Micro being smaller and utilizing a 14500 cell sort of puts it into a different category IMO.

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 12813
Location: nyc

The ‘micro is great for taking people by surprise, though. You whip out this dinky little “toy” flashlight… and light up a treetop a block away. LOL

Take that, Coast/LEDLenser/Maglite/Energizer/OtherStoreBoughtBrandLights.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

BobbyRS
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/27/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 68
Location: USA

Yes it is! Been playing with the Micro all weekend. With the right cell, about as much lumens as it’s bigger brother, Mini. Many neighbors were very impressed by the mini. As am I, of course. Big Smile

mortuus
mortuus's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 7 min ago
Joined: 12/16/2014 - 09:33
Posts: 2839
Location: Sweden

the gt nano would be even more cool if its ever gonna be released.

...where Frugal meets with Flashlight!

              つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

BobbyRS
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/27/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 68
Location: USA
mortuus wrote:
the gt nano would be even more cool if its ever gonna be released.

True….any word on when it may or should be announced/released?

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 12813
Location: nyc
BobbyRS wrote:
Yes it is! Been playing with the Micro all weekend. With the right cell, about as much lumens as it’s bigger brother, Mini.

I just use the EBL specials I got offa Amazon many moons ago. For the price I got ‘em at, I ain’t complaining. (Awesome customer service, too.)

Any gains with Special Magic (Expen$ive) Cells would probably not even be significant enough to matter, or maybe even notice.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

BobbyRS
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/27/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 68
Location: USA
Lightbringer wrote:
BobbyRS wrote:
Yes it is! Been playing with the Micro all weekend. With the right cell, about as much lumens as it’s bigger brother, Mini.

I just use the EBL specials I got offa Amazon many moons ago. For the price I got ‘em at, I ain’t complaining. (Awesome customer service, too.)

Any gains with Special Magic (Expen$ive) Cells would probably not even be significant enough to matter, or maybe even notice.

I went from an Ultrafire 14500 cell to the Shockli cell and there was a pretty significant bump in output for me. Clearly noticeable. A friend of mine has the Mini and we couldn’t tell the difference in output and throw between the Mini and the Micro while out playing around over the weekend. I’m well aware that it will be difficult if not impossible to tell by vision alone the difference of a couple hundred lumens at that point, but both lights looked the same in output with very similar throw. I am thoroughly impressed by the Mini using this cell.

Oh I forgot to add….I do like the EBL’s. I have some as well and they seem to work in just about anything I put them in supporting 14500. They are work horses for sure.

Th558
Th558's picture
Offline
Last seen: 52 min 51 sec ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 16:19
Posts: 968
Location: United Kingdom

Lightbringer wrote:
The ‘micro is great for taking people by surprise, though. You whip out this dinky little “toy” flashlight… and light up a treetop a block away. LOL

Take that, Coast/LEDLenser/Maglite/Energizer/OtherStoreBoughtBrandLights.


Haha. I remember once when I was with with my brother and his friend. I got out my MH20GT and pointed at a creamish coloured building over 100 metres away. He start started laughing..then I turned it on.
SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4170
Location: US

I tested the Micro with good 14500 like the WindyFire and Shockli cells and the output is MUCH higher than with the Sanyo 14500. I think I remember actual output was only about 15% difference between the Mini and Micro. Pretty incredible. Also Vapcell just released a new 14500 1000mah at a whopping 10A! If it test out to be true, this would be a game changer.

BobbyRS
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/27/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 68
Location: USA
SKV89 wrote:
I tested the Micro with good 14500 like the WindyFire and Shockli cells and the output is MUCH higher than with the Sanyo 14500. I think I remember actual output was only about 15% difference between the Mini and Micro. Pretty incredible.

Yep, the difference is significant.

SKV89 wrote:
Also Vapcell just released a new 14500 1000mah at a whopping 10A! If it test out to be true, this would be a game changer.
Shocked Woah! According to Vapcell’s website, it is released as of Jan. 7th. So now the hunt begins for yet more cells. Not sure which at this point will bankrupt me quicker, the flashlights or the batteries that power them. Facepalm
Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 12813
Location: nyc
Th558 wrote:
Haha. I remember once when I was with with my brother and his friend. I got out my MH20GT and pointed at a creamish coloured building over 100 metres away. He start started laughing..then I turned it on.

I got both, but generally carry the non-GT for a better all-around beam (especially close-in), but was tempted to carry the ‘GT on occasion, especially when going anywhere “woodsy”.

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 12813
Location: nyc
SKV89 wrote:
I tested the Micro with good 14500 like the WindyFire and Shockli cells and the output is MUCH higher than with the Sanyo 14500. I think I remember actual output was only about 15% difference between the Mini and Micro. Pretty incredible. Also Vapcell just released a new 14500 1000mah at a whopping 10A! If it test out to be true, this would be a game changer.

Hmmm, now youse got me curious, and I might have to spring for one… Facepalm

Speaking of which, where ya get ‘em without getting raped on minimums and/or shipping?

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

BobbyRS
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/27/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 68
Location: USA
Lightbringer wrote:
SKV89 wrote:
I tested the Micro with good 14500 like the WindyFire and Shockli cells and the output is MUCH higher than with the Sanyo 14500. I think I remember actual output was only about 15% difference between the Mini and Micro. Pretty incredible. Also Vapcell just released a new 14500 1000mah at a whopping 10A! If it test out to be true, this would be a game changer.

Hmmm, now youse got me curious, and I might have to spring for one… Facepalm

Speaking of which, where ya get ‘em without getting raped on minimums and/or shipping?

I got my Shockli’s from Amazon less than a week ago. Had them within 3 days of ordering. Unfortunately they are sold out now.

djozz
djozz's picture
Online
Last seen: 3 min 45 sec ago
Joined: 09/07/2012 - 17:04
Posts: 17319
Location: Amsterdam

The ali vapcell store. Two of the 1000mAh“10A” cells are 13 dollar shipped. They have many slightly different listings and are a bit sneaky because sometimes there’s a shipping fee, sometimes not

Th558
Th558's picture
Offline
Last seen: 52 min 51 sec ago
Joined: 01/30/2016 - 16:19
Posts: 968
Location: United Kingdom
Lightbringer wrote:
Th558 wrote:
Haha. I remember once when I was with with my brother and his friend. I got out my MH20GT and pointed at a creamish coloured building over 100 metres away. He start started laughing..then I turned it on.

I got both, but generally carry the non-GT for a better all-around beam (especially close-in), but was tempted to carry the ‘GT on occasion, especially when going anywhere “woodsy”.


The GT version is quite good for it’s size. Don’t have it anymore though. Sold my L16 as well. Realised that it’s too throwy. Gna get either the FW21 Pro or EC03 for general EDC and later on a next gen LEP for when I need want extreme throw.
BobbyRS
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/27/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 68
Location: USA
djozz wrote:
The ali vapcell store. Two of the 1000mAh“10A” cells are 13 dollar shipped. They have many slightly different listings and are a bit sneaky because sometimes there’s a shipping fee, sometimes not
SKV89 wrote:
Also Vapcell just released a new 14500 1000mah at a whopping 10A! If it test out to be true, this would be a game changer.

Just purchased 2 button top and 2 flatty’s for like $24 shipped. Can’t wait to see how they stack up. Thanks for the heads-up fellas! Thumbs Up

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4170
Location: US

I’m interested to see too. I like Vapcell as a company as they were able to bring many cutting edge and rare cells to the consumer market setting new benchmarks in several lithium cell sizes that would otherwise be unavailable for individual purchase but 14500 with 1000mah and 10A sounds too impossible. Hope it is true though.

M4D M4X
M4D M4X's picture
Offline
Last seen: 2 hours 34 min ago
Joined: 03/19/2014 - 05:17
Posts: 8787
Location: Austria (GMT + 1)

here is my (affiliate)link to the vacell store:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_sZBoJ7

Beer

 all new deals are also posted here: deals.m4dm4x.com
if you do not find what you are looking for :

ask MARTIN@M4DM4X.COM - i will save you money!

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 12813
Location: nyc

Sneaky is right. 3 cells: 15.00 + 3.98, or 18.98 with “free shipping”. Facepalm

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

lotrbfme
lotrbfme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 12/05/2018 - 18:03
Posts: 454
Location: FL
M4D M4X wrote:

here is my (affiliate)link to the vacell store:
http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_sZBoJ7

Beer

Button top should work for Micro right?

BobbyRS
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/27/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 68
Location: USA
lotrbfme wrote:
Button top should work for Micro right?

I use flat tops in my Micro just fine. I don’t even think I’ve tried a button top.

EDIT: Just tried a button top and it works too.

lotrbfme
lotrbfme's picture
Offline
Last seen: 1 hour 8 min ago
Joined: 12/05/2018 - 18:03
Posts: 454
Location: FL
BobbyRS wrote:
lotrbfme wrote:
Button top should work for Micro right?

I use flat tops in my Micro just fine. I don’t even think I’ve tried a button top.

EDIT: Just tried a button top and it works too.

Thank you!

Lightbringer
Lightbringer's picture
Offline
Last seen: 9 hours 29 min ago
Joined: 08/30/2016 - 14:12
Posts: 12813
Location: nyc

Yeah, was gonna add, all my EBL 14500s are BT, as well as my Baseline LFPs (yeah, runs okay with those, too!).

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

SKV89
Offline
Last seen: 3 hours 3 min ago
Joined: 12/10/2017 - 12:46
Posts: 4170
Location: US

Flat tops may not work in the GT Micro. Please see my tests.

BobbyRS
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/27/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 68
Location: USA
SKV89 wrote:
Flat tops may not work in the GT Micro. Please see my tests.

Strange….My Efest, Ultrafire, and AW flat top cells work just fine.

Sillen
Sillen's picture
Offline
Last seen: 5 hours 13 min ago
Joined: 08/01/2018 - 06:39
Posts: 466
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Lightbringer wrote:
The ‘micro is great for taking people by surprise, though. You whip out this dinky little “toy” flashlight… and light up a treetop a block away. LOL

Take that, Coast/LEDLenser/Maglite/Energizer/OtherStoreBoughtBrandLights.

New Years Eve I had FW3A in one pocket and GT Micro in the other. Some very impressed intoxicated people.

I purchased a pair of Vapcell 650mAh 7A last year thinking I was onto a winner, now I’ve had to order 2× 1000mAh 10A!

Late Melbourne winter last year, my son’s football team were running around in the dark playing tag after awards night (a bit juvenile for 16yo imho) Smile

I pulled out the Micro and lit up the bushes. A voice called out, “What’s that??!?” One of my sons friends said, that’s Sillen Jr’s dad Big Smile

Lonelydad
Lonelydad's picture
Offline
Last seen: 6 days 16 hours ago
Joined: 01/09/2016 - 00:14
Posts: 215
Location: Western Iowa, USofA

So, I am lead to assume that EBL and Vapcell are reputable brands?

You don't really need a parachute to skydive. But you DO need one if you want to skydive twice!

BobbyRS
Offline
Last seen: 1 month 1 week ago
Joined: 12/27/2019 - 17:16
Posts: 68
Location: USA
Lonelydad wrote:
So, I am lead to assume that EBL and Vapcell are reputable brands?

Vapcells are outstanding cells. Always a top performer. I know a few people who have the EBL cells. They seem to be reliable at least. I don’t have them myself, so I can’t speak to their performance.

10fp
Offline
Last seen: 2 days 8 hours ago
Joined: 03/29/2017 - 02:06
Posts: 103
Location: down under

Hmm , thinking maybe a White Flat with a 3amp cell in the Micro

BLF A6 S2+ SST40, GT Micro
a few C8`s , C8+ SST40, M21A SST40
HS 802, dd SST20 5k @4.6 amps,
P30,
Emisar D1S xp-g2 dd S4 2b
EC01
S70s,
UT02 - 5 amps and luv it ! with E2 3C
Klarus G35
Maxtoch New Sniper M24 dd U3
MF02 ,
FT03 SST40
Emisar K1

i think iv got it covered ! Wish list SP70 , SP36 BLF

Pages